Monogatari Series Final Season: Zokuowarimonogatari

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite character from NisiOisin's Monogatari saga?

• Hitagi Senjōgahara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tsubasa Hanekawa / Bakeneko

• Shinobu Oshino / Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Suruga Kanbaru

• Nadeko Sengoku

• Mayoi Hachikuji

• Karen Araragi

• Tsukihi Araragi

• Koyomi Araragi

• Meme Oshino

• Deishū Kaiki

• Yozuru Kagenui

• Yotsugi Ononoki

• Izuko Gaen

• None of them / another character from the Monogatari novels

• Total voters

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Nekomonogatari (Kuro), the 2-hour prelude special for the upcoming (Shiro) arc and new series

Title: Cat Story (Black), Damaged Goods Story, Cat Story (White), Slope Story, Decoy Story, Flower Story, Ogre Story and Love Story
Japanese: 猫物語(黒), 傷物語, 猫物語(白), 傾物語, 囮物語, 花物語, 鬼物語 & 恋物語
Airing date: 31/12/2012 (special) & Unknown (film, 26 eps series)
Genres: Occult detective, Comedy, Romance, Supernatural, Harem
Original creator: Ishin Nishio
Original character designer: Vofan
Directed by: Akiyuki Shinbou and Tomoyuki Itamura
Producer: Atsuhiro Iwakami
Written by: Fuyashi Tou
Music by: Satoru Kosaki
Sound director: Yota Tsuruoka
Character designer and chief animation director: Akio Watanabe
Key Animation: Kouichi Arai
Studio: Shaft
Network: BS11, Tokyo MX
Opening theme: “Perfect Slumbers“ by Yui Horie
Ending theme: “Kieru Daydream“ by Marina Kawano
Main cast: Koyomi Araragi (阿良々木 暦) voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya
Karen Araragi (阿良々木 火憐) voiced by Eri Kitamura
Tsukihi Araragi (阿良々木 月火) voiced by Yuka Iguchi
Meme Oshino (忍野 メメ) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai in Kizumonogatari "Koyomi Vamp" (こよみヴァンプ)
Tsubasa Hanekawa (羽川 翼) voiced by Yui Horie in Nekomonogatari (Kuro) "Tsubasa Family" (つばさファミリー)
Mayoi Hachikuji (八九寺 真宵) voiced by Emiri Katō in Kabukimonogatari "Mayoi Jiang Shi" (まよいキョンシー)
Nadeko Sengoku (千石 撫子) voiced by Kana Hanazawa in Otorimonogatari "Nadeko Medusa" (なでこメドゥーサ)
Shinobu Oshino (忍野 忍) voiced by Maaya Sakamoto in Onimonogatari "Shinobu Time" (しのぶタイム)
Hitagi Senjōgahara (戦場ヶ原 ひたぎ) voiced by Chiwa Saitō in Koimonogatari "Hitagi End" (ひたぎエンド)
Suruga Kanbaru (神原 駿河) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro in Hanamonogatari "Suruga Devil" (するがデビル)
Supporting cast: Tiger / Kako (苛虎) voiced by Mitsuki Saiga in Nekomonogatari (Shiro) "Tsubasa Tiger" (つばさタイガー)
Yotsugi Ononoki (斧乃木 余接) voiced by Saori Hayami
Deishū Kaiki (貝木 泥舟) voiced by Shinichiro Miki
Yozuru Kagenui (影縫 余弦) voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi
Izuko Gaen (臥煙 伊豆湖) voiced by Satsuki Yukino
Episode (エピソード) voiced by Miyu Irino
Ougi Oshino (忍野 おうぎ) voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi
Kuchinawa (蛇 "クチナワ") voiced by Youji Ueda
Mother Araragi (阿良々木母) voiced by Ai Orikasa
Father Senjougahara (戦場ヶ原父) voiced by Fumihiko Tachiki
Nekomonogatari Kuro PV 1: DDLs
http://www.tusfiles.net/m8cp2mnsdjph
http://rapidgator.net/file/63772603/%5BCom...9DD%5D.mkv.html
http://uploaded.net/file/41i6d80x
http://freakshare.com/files/9d4muczx/-5BCo...9DD-5D.mkv.html
http://ultramegabit.com/file/details/GKi0EZcHcn0
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1ol9ctf7f9k9/n/[Commie]_Nekomonogatari_-_PV_1_[A62939DD].mkv
and torrent: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=384072
Nekomonogatari Kuro PV 2: DDLs
http://www.tusfiles.net/wpktp20p1x0j
http://rapidgator.net/file/63772596/%5BCom...BA7%5D.mkv.html
http://uploaded.net/file/5m0j8bt7
http://freakshare.com/files/5kw7enot/-5BCo...BA7-5D.mkv.html
http://ultramegabit.com/file/details/ZclRpLf1Vp0
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5vl5p1hy962p/n/[Commie]_Nekomonogatari_-_PV_2_[AEA87BA7].mkv
and torrent: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=384073
Monogatari S2 PV: - http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/movie/pv01.html
Official website: http://www.nekomonogatarikuro-anime.com/

Synopsis: A flyer included with the release of Nekomonogatari (Kuro) novel announced that the prequel novel, Kizumonogatari would be adapted into an anime film. A four-episode anime television series adaptation of Nekomonogatari (Kuro) will air back-to-back on December 31, 2012. Two BD/DVD compilation volumes will be released: the first on March 6, 2013 and the second on April 3, 2013. It was announced on a flyer released with Tsukimonogatari novel that Nekomonogatari (Kuro) will be followed by a planned 26-episode anime television series spanning the sequel novels from Nekomonogatari (Shiro) to Koimonogatari.

Necropinion: just watched the trailer of these two Bakemonogatari prequels so I hope this winter 4-episode special, movie and TV series coming next year turn out even better than Nisemonogatari... also I expect them to finish the entire saga with adaptations of Tsukimonogatari, Owarimonogatari and Zokuowarimonogatari afterwards ^^ Ex: High - PS: 9/10
biggrin.gif

[Mod's Note: Removed Kizumonogatari from thread title. Kizumonogatari is the prequel to Bakemonogatari while Nekomonogatari is the sequel to Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. Also removed Fall 2013 as the air date for Nekomonogatari (Shiro) to Koimonogatari as this is incorrect. It takes place starting in the fall season of the Monogatari stories and was misinterpreted by many to think it would air in Fall 2013.]

This post has been edited by Kit-Tsukasa on Dec 10 2012, 01:13 AM

Actually after seeing the first epsidoe of Nekomonogatari (Kuro) I can wholy state that it is actually a flashback before Bakemonogatari started. So in other words this is a prequel if you will. Not only that but they even stated it in the episode itself as well of this being a prequel

Well starting off the new story arc we more or less go with a conversation bit with the last story arc left off. by that I mean Araragi-kun speaking with Tsukihi for the time being over his feelings towards Haekawa here.

Also, from the looks of things the Kuro (Black) epsidoes are the 4 parter while the Shiro (White) episodes will most likely be the TV series here. Still after this storyline is done we might get into seeing Shinobu in her mature adult form along with the other random antics that caused him to become a current psudo vampire if you will.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Dec 31 2012, 11:49 PM) Actually after seeing the first epsidoe of Nekomonogatari (Kuro) I can wholy state that it is actually a flashback before Bakemonogatari started. So in other words this is a prequel if you will. Not only that but they even stated it in the episode itself as well of this being a prequel
I'm pretty sure it was always a prequel to begin with. The order of events are as follows:
Kizumonogatari -- Spring Vacation
Nekomonogatari (Kuro) -- Golden Week
Bakemonogatari -- Spring/Summer effectively after events in Golden Week
Nisemonogatari -- Summer Vacation
Nekomonogatari (Shiro) + rest of monogataris -- Fall

Each one takes place in different season/holiday as noted above

Then I must of misunderstood the editing you did with Ryu-san's post there then.

Well in any case they had a second epsidoe out as well and pretty much we not only got to see Oshino back in action with his explainations but also seeing Shinobu obtaining her love for doughnuts as well.

To think that Araragi-kun actually influenced her into looking like a loli that would do almost everything he asked of her. Although this does explain as to why she really liked toying with him in the Nisemonogartai episodes she was in.
tongue.gif

I just watched the batch release of Nekomonogatari: Kuro and it was just awesome, reminded me of how much I missed intelligent dialogue and the humour of the Monogatari series with the SHAFT flare to boot.

Hanekawa in underwear is awesome, the subtle incest portrayed in the first quarter of this mini-series was hilarious, Araragi is going to fall into the depths of hell eventually with his antics.

I think the reason Araragi proclaims that he will never say "I love you" to Hanekawa is because he respects her too much and that he feels he is not good enough for her. I understand the logic since she helped him a lot during the Spring Vacation when he was having Vampire problems and despite falling in love for her, he won't tell her but instead live a life of where he is constantly and eternally grateful for her to the point of willing to sacrifice his life for her.

Darn I like almost all the girls in the Monogatari series and I can't choose who to ship with Araragi.
wink.gif

I wonder what "Nekomonogatari: Shirou" will be about, obviously the reappearance of the White Neko inside Hanekawa.

The ending credits make me hopeful that SHAFT might actually animate all the novels of the Monogatari series, I mean they're planning to release Kizumonogatari as a animated movie and so once that's done, SHAFT would have animated 6 volumes of the novels, there's over 15 volumes for that series, well, 15 confirmed volumes but they're could be 1 or 2 more than that since the Monogatari series is still ongoing.

Anyways, my rating for Nekomonogatari: Kuro is a 10/10, the next arc after Kizumonogatari is released is of course Nekomonogatari: Shirou, hopefully that's what SHAFT does next.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 04 2013, 05:41 PM)I just watched the batch release of Nekomonogatari: Kuro and it was just awesome, reminded me of how much I missed intelligent dialogue and the humour of the Monogatari series with the SHAFT flare to boot.

Darn I like almost all the girls in the Monogatari series and I can't choose who to ship with Araragi.

I agree that the dialogue is very good indeed. That made this series (and all the previous ones) very strong. However i found Hanekawa as a character not too interesting. Compared to the conversations with Tsukihi, Karen, Shinobu and Oshino her actions/remarks felt weak. Senjougahara and all the others in the previous Monogatari series were more interesting for me.
For me this large batch was certainly not better than the previous series so compared to that i just give a 7 out of 10.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 04 2013, 10:22 PM)
I agree that the dialogue is very good indeed. That made this series (and all the previous ones) very strong. However i found Hanekawa as a character not too interesting. Compared to the conversations with Tsukihi, Karen, Shinobu and Oshino her actions/remarks felt weak. Senjougahara and all the others in the previous Monogatari series were more interesting for me.
For me this large batch was certainly not better than the previous series so compared to that i just give a 7 out of 10.
I should have probably given a lower score but the fact that it's part of the Monogatari series, I just felt compelled to give it a perfect score despite knowing that Bakemonogatari was the best out of the 3 and that Nekomonogatari was the weakest with Nisemonogatari nestled in the middle but a very close 2nd to Bakemonogatari imo.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 04 2013, 06:05 PM)QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 04 2013, 04:22 PM)QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 04 2013, 10:41 AM)I just watched the batch release of Nekomonogatari: Kuro and it was just awesome, reminded me of how much I missed intelligent dialogue and the humour of the Monogatari series with the SHAFT flare to boot.

Darn I like almost all the girls in the Monogatari series and I can't choose who to ship with Araragi.I agree that the dialogue is very good indeed. That made this series (and all the previous ones) very strong. However i found Hanekawa as a character not too interesting. Compared to the conversations with Tsukihi, Karen, Shinobu and Oshino her actions/remarks felt weak. Senjougahara and all the others in the previous Monogatari series were more interesting for me.
For me this large batch was certainly not better than the previous series so compared to that i just give a 7 out of 10.I should have probably given a lower score but the fact that it's part of the Monogatari series, I just felt compelled to give it a perfect score despite knowing that Bakemonogatari was the best out of the 3 and that Nekomonogatari was the weakest with Nisemonogatari nestled in the middle but a very close 2nd to Bakemonogatari imo.after marathoning all four episodes I found subbed today i'm with you guys about this arc is weaker than the first series, besides the reasons you already mentioned it really feels the lack of Senjougahara's presence and other girls who appear afterwards... I hope Kizumonogatari film turns out even more interesting despite its fewer cast already seen here because we will know about the origin of this story, what happened with the antagonists seen in flashbacks & obviously Shinobu's real form Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade ^^

Bakemonogatari (first TV series 12 episodes) summer 2009 - 10/10
BMG Tsubasa Cat ep.13-15 (ONA series 3 eps) fall 2009 to summer 2010 - 9/10
Nisemonogatari (second TV series 11 eps) winter 2012 - 9/10
Nekomonogatari Kuro (2-hour TV special) fall 2012 - 8/10
Kizumonogatari (anime film) 2013 - ???
Nekomonogatari Shiro & new Monogatari series (TV series 26 eps) 2013 - ???

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jan 06 2013, 10:57 PM) I agree that the dialogue is very good indeed. That made this series (and all the previous ones) very strong. However i found Hanekawa as a character not too interesting. Compared to the conversations with Tsukihi, Karen, Shinobu and Oshino her actions/remarks felt weak. Senjougahara and all the others in the previous Monogatari series were more interesting for me.
For me this large batch was certainly not better than the previous series so compared to that i just give a 7 out of 10.[/QUOTE]I should have probably given a lower score but the fact that it's part of the Monogatari series, I just felt compelled to give it a perfect score despite knowing that Bakemonogatari was the best out of the 3 and that Nekomonogatari was the weakest with Nisemonogatari nestled in the middle but a very close 2nd to Bakemonogatari imo.[/QUOTE]after marathoning all four episodes I found subbed today i'm with you guys about this arc is weaker than the first series, besides the reasons you already mentioned it really feels the lack of Senjougahara's presence and other girls who appear afterwards... I hope Kizumonogatari film turns out even more interesting despite its fewer cast already seen here because we will know about the origin of this story, what happened with the antagonists seen in flashbacks & obviously Shinobu's real form Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade ^^

Bakemonogatari (first TV series 12 episodes) summer 2009 - 10/10
BMG Tsubasa Cat ep.13-15 (ONA series 3 eps) fall 2009 to summer 2010 - 9/10
Nisemonogatari (second TV series 11 eps) winter 2012 - 9/10
Nekomonogatari Kuro (2-hour TV special) fall 2012 - 8/10
Kizumonogatari (anime film) 2013 - ???
Nekomonogatari Shiro & new Monogatari series (TV series 26 eps) 2013 - ???
I agree with everyone except remember Hanekawa character seems weak because we are basing off of the other characters.

I imagined once all of them are done and they are viewed in order. She won't seem as weak.

I'm basing this off the notion that she had a major role in the vampire arc

Monogatari Series: Second Season, just a little update so there is no need to split this into a new thread :3

Title: <Story> Series Second Season
Japanese: <物語>シリーズセカンドシーズン
Airing date: 6/07/2013 (TV series 2nd season, 26 episodes)
Network: Tokyo MX, Chiba TV, tvk, TVS, Tochigi TV, GTV, MBS, TV Aichi, TVh, TVQ Kyushu & BS-11
1st Opening theme: "chocolate insomnia" by Tsubasa Hanekawa (voiced by Yui Horie, eps. 1-2 & 4)
2nd OP theme: "happy bite" by Mayoi Hachikuji (voiced by Emiri Kato, eps. 8-9)
3rd OP theme: "Mōsō♥Express (もうそう♥えくすぷれす)" by Nadeko Sengoku (Kana Hanazawa eps.12-14)
1st Ending theme: "Ai o Utae (アイヲウタエ)" by Haruna Luna (eps. 1-10)
2nd ED theme: "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari (君の知らない物語)" by supercell (ep.11)
3rd ED theme: "Sono Koe wo Oboeteru (その声を覚えてる)" by Marina Kawano (eps. 12-20)
4th ED theme: "snowdrop" by Luna Haruna x Marina Kawano (eps. 21-??)
Main cast: Nekomonogatari (Shiro) 猫物語(白) PV1 - PV2 - CM1 - CM2
Kabukimonogatari 傾物語 - PV #1 - PV #2 - CM #1 - CM #2
Otorimonogatari 囮物語 - PV #1 - PV #2 - CM #1 - CM #2
Onimonogatari 鬼物語 - PV #1 - PV #2 - CM #1 - CM #2
Koimonogatari 恋物語 - PV #1 - PV #2 - CM #1 - CM #2
Hanamonogatari 花物語 - PV #1 - PV #2 - CM #1 - CM #2
Kizumonogatari 傷物語 - PV #1
??
???
Official website:
Bakemonogatari website:
Nisemonogatari website:

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Jan 17 2013, 06:53 PM)I agree with everyone except remember Hanekawa character seems weak because we are basing off of the other characters.

I imagined once all of them are done and they are viewed in order. She won't seem as weak.

I'm basing this off the notion that she had a major role in the vampire arcI think she'll appear in the Kizumonogatari movie too ^^ there's no official release date in japanese theaters yet, or in BR/DVD after so many years it was announced but next month she'll star the first arc of the 2nd series: Nekomonogatari (Shiro)... Edit: just watched ep.1 and it's already getting more interesting than (Kuro) even without Araragi, is it karma for going all pedobear on Mayoi? -.- but is compensated with Gahara caring for Tsubasa with yuri suggestions; Ex: very high - PS 10/10
wow July 7 is her b-day! what a happy coincidence (makes sense because her sign is Cancer "Hitagi Crab")

Loved the first episode of this, starring my fave two Monogatari girls: Hanekawa and Senjougahara. I was a bit confused with Senjougahara caring so much about Hanekawa? Senjougahara crying and being upset about Hanekawa's situation?!
blink.gif

Of course it is upsetting, and I would want to help someone I knew in that situation even if we weren't really friends... but it was unexpected. I didn't think they had any sort of relationship before this point.
Also wtf was up with her sleeping in the hallway? that's messed up... we already knew her parents were terrible, but I didn't expect that.

Well it seems that we finally got the first episode down, and form the looks of it I'm liking how Senjogahara decided to help out Hanekawa here. I mean finally it seems like those two needed to be under the same roof for a while here since these two are kind of the bombshells of this very series here.

Although I have to laugh as how Senjougahara pretty much was making those yuri-like comments and then stating she wasn't going to act like Kanbaru and go full yuri on her.
tongue.gif

Well, at first I was a bit disappointed that my least favourite character was getting the attention for the first arc, but then Gahara's involvement made it sort of worth it. Still, waiting for that Hachikuji ark :3

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 08 2013, 12:27 PM) Well, at first I was a bit disappointed that my least favourite character was getting the attention for the first arc, but then Gahara's involvement made it sort of worth it. Still, waiting for that Hachikuji ark :3
Hanekawa is your least favourite character? For realz?!
tongue.gif

I don't understand the appeal of Hachikuji, though I admit I like her a lot more now than I did initially in Bakemonogatari. If I had to name a least favourite character it would probably be Nadeko. I don't know why really.... maybe because last year her "innocently" trying to seduce him irritated me? Actually I found Nisemonogatari in general to be disappointing.

QUOTE (julezia @ Jul 08 2013, 03:01 PM) Hanekawa is your least favourite character? For realz?!
tongue.gif

I don't understand the appeal of Hachikuji, though I admit I like her a lot more now than I did initially in Bakemonogatari.
Well the thing is Mayoi-chan is the kind of girl that can pretty much bring out the inner lolicon from most guys, initially. Then later on she makes a pretty good manzai partner with Araragi-kun though. Heck even when she teases him on mispronoucing his name tends to make her cute at times.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Jul 08 2013, 03:01 PM) Hanekawa is your least favourite character? For realz?!
tongue.gif

I don't understand the appeal of Hachikuji, though I admit I like her a lot more now than I did initially in Bakemonogatari. If I had to name a least favourite character it would probably be Nadeko. I don't know why really.... maybe because last year her "innocently" trying to seduce him irritated me? Actually I found Nisemonogatari in general to be disappointing.
She's the genki loli, what more do you need? :3

Nadeko is yeah... nice for doujins, not so great as an actual character. Hanekawa I find kind of boring, and she's not really my type.

I think the rest of the Aryaryagi family sort of kept my attention in Nise, but yeah, it wasn't QUITE as good story-wise. The random ramblings and musings were still fun though.

@Ausdoerrt - How do you make those Monogatari sigs? I like the latest one with Senjougahara and Hanekawa
smile.gif

The latest episode did not disappoint, as Black Hanekawa emerged to confront the tiger. I was surprised that she encountered Senjougahara as well, I was hoping for that but I wasn't sure if it would happen.
This was a dialogue driven episode, and I didn't fully understand Gahara's point with Hanekawa eating plain food. I'm guessing she was addressing how she doesn't have any preferences because with her family she took whatever was given to her and didn't ask for more. Senjougahara also mentioned something about food with certain spices give you a taste of "home," and Hanekawa's food was lacking that.

Also Senjougahara having an Elektra complex?! I did know she was very close to her father, but I didn't think sleeping in his futon would excite her so much lol.

QUOTE @Ausdoerrt - How do you make those Monogatari sigs? I like the latest one with Senjougahara and Hanekawa
smile.gif

A bunch of screenshots and Adobe ImageReady
wink.gif
I used to make all sorts of anime sigs back in the day, you know.

QUOTE Also Senjougahara having an Elektra complex?! I did know she was very close to her father, but I didn't think sleeping in his futon would excite her so much lol.
That... may have been a joke. After all Gahara-san was just trying to lure Hanekawa to share the same futon with her.

As for the episode: glorious fanservice. Glorious.

I also thing you got the point of that conversation mostly right: Gahara-san is basically commenting on how Hanekawa is so apologetic/passive that she'll take whatever comes her way, and wonders whether a person who doesn't HATE anything could really LOVE anything.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 14 2013, 12:47 PM) I also thing you got the point of that conversation mostly right: Gahara-san is basically commenting on how Hanekawa is so apologetic/passive that she'll take whatever comes her way, and wonders whether a person who doesn't HATE anything could really LOVE anything.
Ahh you're right. She did ask her in the end if she really loved Araragi-kun. That is a valid question, because even though we know she definitely cares for him, I don't know if she loves him in that way.

Also I'm still in shock that Senjougahara and Hanekawa have so many scenes together. I thought I'd never see those two in the same room, never mind living under the same roof, taking showers together and sleeping in the same futon
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 14 2013, 11:47 AM)

As for the episode: glorious fanservice. Glorious.

I also thing you got the point of that conversation mostly right: Gahara-san is basically commenting on how Hanekawa is so apologetic/passive that she'll take whatever comes her way, and wonders whether a person who doesn't HATE anything could really LOVE anything.
Ausdoerrt-sama

Those were my thought exactly but I still think Hanekawa do really love him and Ghara is trying to get her to stop just accepting any and everything and actually say/get what she wants.

btw the the fanservice made me watch the episode twice
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back