Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Title: The Rising of the Shield Hero
Japanese: 盾の勇者の成り上がり
Airing dates: 31/12/2018 (1-hour preair special) and 9/1/2019 (TV series 2 cours)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Drama, Seinen
Original creator: Aneko Yusagi
Original character designer: Minami Seira (light novel) and Aiya Kyū (manga)
Director: Takao Abo
Written by: Keigo Koyanagi
Music by: Kevin Penkin
Character designer and chief animation director: Masahiro Suwa
3D director: Yuushi Koshida (Orange)
Sound director: Fumiyuki Gō
Director of photography: Yukiyo Kajiwara
Design by: Takeshi Takakura (Leader)
Color design by: Anna Okamatsu
Prop design by: Ayako Sugimura
Monster design by: Satoshi Mori
Key animation by: Satoshi Shigeta, Shinpei Wada and Yuka Kuroda (action setting)
Art by: Sachiko Nishiguchi (Inspired), Seiko Akashi (Studio Uni) and Shinsuke Kinoshita
2D artist: Hydekick
Motion graphics by: Hidekatsu Uemura (Sublimation)
Visual adviser: Osamu Masuyama (Inspired)
Editing by: Hitomi Sudō
Music producers: Hiromitsu Iijima (IRMA LA DOUCE) and Shunichi Uemura (Nippon Columbia)
Studio: Kinema Citrus
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX, TVA, KBS, SUN, TVQ, BS11
Opening theme: "RISE" by MADKID
Ending theme: "Kimi no Namae (きみの名前 / Your Name)" by Chiai Fujikawa
2nd OP theme: "FAITH" by MADKID
2nd EN theme: "Atashi ga Tonari ni Iru Uchi ni (あたしが隣にい るうちに / While I'm Next to You)" by Chiai Fujikawa
Insert song: "Falling Through Starlight" by Asami Setō

Main cast: Naofumi Iwatani (岩谷尚文) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa (JP) and Billy Kametz (EN)
Raphtalia (ラフタリア) voiced by Asami Setō (JP) and Erica Mendez (EN)
Filo (フィーロ) voiced by Rina Hidaka (JP) and Brianna Knickerbocker (EN)

Legendary Heroes: Itsuki Kawasumi (川澄樹) voiced by Yoshitaka Yamaya (JP) and Erik Scott Kimerer (EN)
Ren Amaki (天木錬) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (JP) and Alan Lee (EN)
Motoyasu Kitamura (北村元康) voiced by Makoto Takahashi (JP) and Xander Mobus (EN)
Kizuna Kazeyama (風山絆)

Melromarc family: Melty Q. Melromarc (メルティ=Q=メルロマルク) voiced by Maaya Uchida (JP) and Jackie Lastra (EN)
Myne Sophia (マイン・ソフィア) / Malty S. Melromarc (マルティ=S=メルロマルク) voiced by Sarah Emi Bridcutt (JP) and Faye Mata (EN)
Trash (クズ) / Aultcray Melromarc XXXII (オルトクレイ=メルロマルク32世) voiced by Yutaka Nakano
Mirellia Q. Melromarc (ミレリア=Q=メルロマルク) voiced by Kikuko Inoue

Supporting cast: Elhart (エルハルト) voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto
Beloukas (ベルーカス) "Slave Trader (奴隷商 / Doreishō)" voiced by Kenichi Ogata (JP) and Frank Todaro (EN)
Glass (グラス) voiced by Megumi Han (JP) and Morgan Berry (EN)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKnyi3TRznA

Synopsis: Stories of old tell of four otherworldly heroes—wielding the sword, spear, bow, and shield—who defended the land from wave after wave of calamity. With the fate of the world in balance, the kingdom of Melromarc summons these legendary figures; in modern-day Japan, the call is answered, and the unwitting heroes are transported to this fantasy universe. Thrust into Melromarc and given the title of "Shield Hero," otaku Naofumi Iwatani is labeled the weakest due to his lack of offensive capability and apparent inexperience. When the heroes part ways to start their journeys, he only has one willing companion: the beautiful princess Malty Melromarc. However, she soon betrays him, steals all his money, and accuses him of taking advantage of her. For his alleged crimes, Naofumi is branded a criminal and made outcast of society. With hatred filling his heart, he sets out alone, vowing vengeance against those who wronged him.

gdpetti said:
too much repetition.... though if they do it well, no one will care.
underdog hero 'isekaied' to a book like Fushigi'Yūgi, as shielder class? i'm in!:d

So, is it any good or more of the same? THis plotline is used quite often... manga/anime.... interesting given Japan's history .... is it a fixation of some sort? a turning point after the loss of empire??? I'm more interested in why this same plotline/setup keeps appearing... yes, if it's a money maker once, it'll be done again and again until it's not... but so much of this isn't found in the American Empire here.... again, probably due to ours not being destroyed yet.... yet.... they have set that up.. 'out with the OWO, in with the NWO'...

So, is this version of this plotline any good? or is one of the others in the genre better?.. .Fate?

Rising of the Shield Hero cour 2, better than Lancer class but Saber or Archer?

Kid-Wolf said:
Also, Raphtalia is a good girl.
Until she's framed as evil in ep.13, at least now a loli princess joins the gang :)

Currently watching this and well I'm now up to episode 12 so far, and I got to say the cliffhangers here now are making me want to read the manga. Also, Raphtalia is a good girl.

gdpetti said:
So, is this version of this plotline any good? or is one of the others in the genre better?.. .Fate?
Fate/ isn't isekai (another·world) genre, but for me SH is one of the best MCs... ep'14 got better with raphtalia's past, also the supercrown meme still lives :lol:

Kid-Wolf said:
it seems that the Three Hero Church has it out for the Shield Hero, so I'm thinking this is kind of a retaliation as to how he was able to handle himself during the second wave.
also demi·humans adore him, excommunicated as 'devil' :/ the feels in ep'15... Naofumi's rage is like Alucard's OP shield, if casterGlass isn't a final boss then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOJUTXHWVz8

Well it seems that the Three Hero Church has it out for the Shield Hero, so I'm thinking this is kind of a retaliation as to how he was able to handle himself during the second wave.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back