• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klyern

Klyern

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Misaka Imouto, to Hachikuji, soshite saigo wa Hachikuji!<br><br>*sound of sirens*<br><br>http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/streaklyern/lolimechibi_zps8e0c7404.gif<br><br>But seriously, interests? almost any anime and manga (and a few LN)<br><br>My favorites would range from stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, GaRei, Narue no Sekai, HiFuMi, Haruhi's Melancholy, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi, YuYu Hakusho, Level E, Hunter x Hunter, Hayate no Gotoku, Luck Stealer, To Aru, FMA, Nanoha/Puella, Akame ga Kiru, Molester man, Yume de aetara, Gantz, 7seeds, Saber Marionette, Maoyuu (-Kono watashi no mono toonare, yuusha yo. -Kotowaru!), Yuusha Gojo Kumiai (reminds me of an old forum i hanged in), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Hanako and the Allegory teller, Shakugan no Shana, SAO, Log Horizon, Tokyo Ghoul, Bleach, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Sengoku Youko, Karin, Aion, DNAngel, Angel Densetsu, Liar Game, Medaka, Shaman King, Campione, Fire Candy, Noblesse, Freezing, xxHolic, Samurai Flamenco, Slayers, Onepunch, Monstermusume, Centaur no Nayami, Unbalance x Unbalance, ZERO, Zero no Tsukaima, Sankarea, Franken Fran, I am Hiro, Ressentiment, and even shoujo stuff like Amnesia, Akuma to dolce, Karakuri Odette, MOMO Shuumatsu Teien e youkozo, Girl Saurus DX, Zettai Kareshi, Kare Kano, and Fushigi Yuugi (and more but my fingers would turn to white ashes if i had to writte all the shoujo manga, manhwa and normal manga i read).<br><br>Favorite authors are more or less in this order;<br><br>(HnG) Kenjiro Hata, (bakemonogatari etc) NisiOisiN, (To Aru etc) Kamachi Kazuma, (JoJo) Hirohiko Arakii, (Sao etc) Reki Kawahara, (Slayers etc) Hajime Kanzaka, (Shakugan no Shana) Yashichiro Takahashi, (Gundam) Yoshiyuki Tomino, (kenshin) Nobuhiro Watsuki, (YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Level E, seriously get better :( ) Yoshihiro Togashi, (FMA, Silver Spoon) Arakawa Hiromu, (Haruhi) Nagaru Tanigawa, (Gantz, Inu Yashiki etc) Hiroya Oku, (Samidare, Sengoku Youko) Mizukami Satoshi, (ga rei) Segawa Hajime, (saint seiya) Masami Kurumada, (Chuunibyou) Torako (akuma to dolce, karakuri odete, kamisama hajimemashita) Suzuki Julietta, (Akira) Katsuhiro Otomo, (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2) Takahashi Rumiko, (freezing, kurokami) Lim Dall-young, (dbz) Akira Toriyama, and (girl saurus, bitter virgin, etc) Kusunoki Kei. And will probably have to nudge Yuu Sasuga in there soon enough, only a couple of chapters in and gotta say he's godlike lol<br><br>Lately i am extremely interested in a genre that is still not very well self defined but i think it might be the next "thing", the genre would be a setting were the characters are outside of highschool and working, like Servant Service, Denki-gai, or Bonnouji (or Asistant to mangakasan).<br><br>I think its a great genre that will come alive thanks to the decreasing birthrate in Japan and the increasing amount of old otakus. (paving way to "customers" more interested in dramas outside of highschool, i keep remembering too what a friend used to say "why the hell do all settings have to be in school :(" i dont really agree but i see his point now)<br><br>Aside from that (anime interests) I am a male gamer, i used to play a lot of Dota (w3 map) and LoL but stopped because it was getting quite ugly (like an addiction), i love shooters, morpgs, and any kind of single player game (any genre such as action fighting strategy or rpg, even simulation games, i used to like management games but that was when the only management games i knew were Sim City, Sim Hospital, Sim Theme Park, and Transport Tycoon, nowadays i dont like management games because they keep reminding me of how good the old retro ones were compared to the new ones, such as crusader kings etc). I also love the battle simulation games like Chivalry or JKA II, and i highly recommend trying Chivalry on Steam.<br><br>My favorite game series are Disgaea, Tales of, Xcom (although they botched the reboot), Warcraft, (Tactics/Battle) Ogre, FF (altough they keep botching it after lightning's games), SMT/persona, D&D inspired games like Baldur's Gate, as well as Shadowrun and similar series with boardgame-like rulesets or atmosphere, Shinobido, Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors, and GEB, and any Monhun-like games.<br><br>My favorite morpgs are Mu online, Ragnarok online (first one), Tera online, SMTI online (died in NA T_T), Aion, Silkroad online (f*****g botfest), and right now im looking forward to Merchants of Kaidan (looks yummy), which definitely isnt a mmorpg but would be cool if it had a multiplayer element like Shogun 2 has.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

I was curious and just wanted to see what everyone in Ftv likes and is playing (whether you play it every day or just casually, no harm meant)

Im playing swtor, aura kingdom, and minecraft (currently making an Aincrad castle with a friend, sadly only 20 floors high due to time and limit constraints)
mabushi_zps2bea3b83.giforechikai23_zpsxbx5du0s.gif
last update; JUNE 27 Street Meatballs messing with your cyberspace? call Viktor now for a permanent Iface upgrade! We will reconfig your dreck beyond evil!

#2 Norren

Norren

Lazy Artist

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

I can't really claim to be playing any at the moment, but I'm planning on devoting some time to leveling my Hunter to 90 as prep for the Warlords of Draenor expansion when I get back from vacation. I probably won't play that very seriously, but I'm curious to see what they do with the story.

I actually finally got a 7 day EQ Next Landmark invite... when I only have 4 days left with broadband and a massive webpage project that keeps getting more unfinished rather than more finished. dry.gif My mark on Norrath so far is a tunnel. Can't wait until the actual game starts doing beta, but the voxel sandbox is pretty cool.

Other than that, once I head out on vacation I'm planning on setting up a fresh minecraft world (Probably with the Resonant Rise modpack, but maybe just a random combination of mods.) and just exploring the worldgen. I have this crazy idea of seeing if I can make some kind of Nomad-world.

Making an Aincrad sounds fun, but kind of difficult when everything but some specific villages beneath the 76th floor are essentially undefined- that was more or less what killed my own attempt at such a thing. Hopefully your Black Iron Castle looks awesome, at least. laugh.gif

#3 Klyern

Klyern

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Misaka Imouto, to Hachikuji, soshite saigo wa Hachikuji!<br><br>*sound of sirens*<br><br>http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/streaklyern/lolimechibi_zps8e0c7404.gif<br><br>But seriously, interests? almost any anime and manga (and a few LN)<br><br>My favorites would range from stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, GaRei, Narue no Sekai, HiFuMi, Haruhi's Melancholy, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi, YuYu Hakusho, Level E, Hunter x Hunter, Hayate no Gotoku, Luck Stealer, To Aru, FMA, Nanoha/Puella, Akame ga Kiru, Molester man, Yume de aetara, Gantz, 7seeds, Saber Marionette, Maoyuu (-Kono watashi no mono toonare, yuusha yo. -Kotowaru!), Yuusha Gojo Kumiai (reminds me of an old forum i hanged in), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Hanako and the Allegory teller, Shakugan no Shana, SAO, Log Horizon, Tokyo Ghoul, Bleach, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Sengoku Youko, Karin, Aion, DNAngel, Angel Densetsu, Liar Game, Medaka, Shaman King, Campione, Fire Candy, Noblesse, Freezing, xxHolic, Samurai Flamenco, Slayers, Onepunch, Monstermusume, Centaur no Nayami, Unbalance x Unbalance, ZERO, Zero no Tsukaima, Sankarea, Franken Fran, I am Hiro, Ressentiment, and even shoujo stuff like Amnesia, Akuma to dolce, Karakuri Odette, MOMO Shuumatsu Teien e youkozo, Girl Saurus DX, Zettai Kareshi, Kare Kano, and Fushigi Yuugi (and more but my fingers would turn to white ashes if i had to writte all the shoujo manga, manhwa and normal manga i read).<br><br>Favorite authors are more or less in this order;<br><br>(HnG) Kenjiro Hata, (bakemonogatari etc) NisiOisiN, (To Aru etc) Kamachi Kazuma, (JoJo) Hirohiko Arakii, (Sao etc) Reki Kawahara, (Slayers etc) Hajime Kanzaka, (Shakugan no Shana) Yashichiro Takahashi, (Gundam) Yoshiyuki Tomino, (kenshin) Nobuhiro Watsuki, (YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Level E, seriously get better :( ) Yoshihiro Togashi, (FMA, Silver Spoon) Arakawa Hiromu, (Haruhi) Nagaru Tanigawa, (Gantz, Inu Yashiki etc) Hiroya Oku, (Samidare, Sengoku Youko) Mizukami Satoshi, (ga rei) Segawa Hajime, (saint seiya) Masami Kurumada, (Chuunibyou) Torako (akuma to dolce, karakuri odete, kamisama hajimemashita) Suzuki Julietta, (Akira) Katsuhiro Otomo, (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2) Takahashi Rumiko, (freezing, kurokami) Lim Dall-young, (dbz) Akira Toriyama, and (girl saurus, bitter virgin, etc) Kusunoki Kei. And will probably have to nudge Yuu Sasuga in there soon enough, only a couple of chapters in and gotta say he's godlike lol<br><br>Lately i am extremely interested in a genre that is still not very well self defined but i think it might be the next "thing", the genre would be a setting were the characters are outside of highschool and working, like Servant Service, Denki-gai, or Bonnouji (or Asistant to mangakasan).<br><br>I think its a great genre that will come alive thanks to the decreasing birthrate in Japan and the increasing amount of old otakus. (paving way to "customers" more interested in dramas outside of highschool, i keep remembering too what a friend used to say "why the hell do all settings have to be in school :(" i dont really agree but i see his point now)<br><br>Aside from that (anime interests) I am a male gamer, i used to play a lot of Dota (w3 map) and LoL but stopped because it was getting quite ugly (like an addiction), i love shooters, morpgs, and any kind of single player game (any genre such as action fighting strategy or rpg, even simulation games, i used to like management games but that was when the only management games i knew were Sim City, Sim Hospital, Sim Theme Park, and Transport Tycoon, nowadays i dont like management games because they keep reminding me of how good the old retro ones were compared to the new ones, such as crusader kings etc). I also love the battle simulation games like Chivalry or JKA II, and i highly recommend trying Chivalry on Steam.<br><br>My favorite game series are Disgaea, Tales of, Xcom (although they botched the reboot), Warcraft, (Tactics/Battle) Ogre, FF (altough they keep botching it after lightning's games), SMT/persona, D&D inspired games like Baldur's Gate, as well as Shadowrun and similar series with boardgame-like rulesets or atmosphere, Shinobido, Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors, and GEB, and any Monhun-like games.<br><br>My favorite morpgs are Mu online, Ragnarok online (first one), Tera online, SMTI online (died in NA T_T), Aion, Silkroad online (f*****g botfest), and right now im looking forward to Merchants of Kaidan (looks yummy), which definitely isnt a mmorpg but would be cool if it had a multiplayer element like Shogun 2 has.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 05 2014, 01:22 AM)
Making an Aincrad sounds fun, but kind of difficult when everything but some specific villages beneath the 76th floor are essentially undefined- that was more or less what killed my own attempt at such a thing. Hopefully your Black Iron Castle looks awesome, at least. laugh.gif

Yup xD that is why we are just winging it, correction btw its 30 floors high, and 10 basement floors, going to put traps and stuff since making a real aincrad seems a bit far fetched, so its gonna be like Aincrad just in spirit xD (planning on making it so blocks cant be broken and people have to climb all floors)

Im not playing much either lately, thats really what i have installed, i dont have much free time lately after doing my manga/anime routine xD (work work)
mabushi_zps2bea3b83.giforechikai23_zpsxbx5du0s.gif
last update; JUNE 27 Street Meatballs messing with your cyberspace? call Viktor now for a permanent Iface upgrade! We will reconfig your dreck beyond evil!

#4 Norren

Norren

Lazy Artist

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

The easy way to make Aincrad work in Minecraft is some kind of "portal" mod where each floor is 1:1 scale, but instead of stacking them up, spread them across the map on some kind of skylands type map, just far enough apart you can't load the other floors. You'll end up with an INSANELY huge map. (Recall Aincrad is 10km diameter, each floor being 100 meters + whatever the thickness of the ground plane is, so you're looking at 10,000x10,000x100... per floor. ) Multiple dimension mods are also another option, where each floor is a dimension.

You might also see if you can get a copy of Infinity Moment. It's got translations available (in read-along form, no patches yet that I've seen) and has floor 76~100.

floor 100 has the Crimson Jade Castle, which I've always wanted to see.

If Minecraft ever releases their stupid Mod API, it might be fun to make an "Aincrad" worldgen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users