Steins;Gate 0

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Steins;Gate Zero
Japanese: シュタインズ・ゲート ゼロ
Airing date: 11/4/2018 (TV series 23 episodes) and 28/11/2018 (OVA)
Genres: Sci-Fi, Thriller, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Comedy, Drama
Original creator: 5pb (2015 visual novel)
Original character designer: Huke
Director: Kenichi Kawamura
Written by: Jukki Hanada (TV), Chiyomaru Shikura, Tōru Yasumoto, Masaki Takimoto and Tsukasa Tsuchiya (VN)
Music by: Takeshi Abo, Nobuaki Nobusawa and Moe Hyūga
Character designer and episode animation director: Tomoshige Inayoshi
Art director: Takeshi Kodaka
3D director: Miki Yoshida
Sound director: Takayuki Yamaguchi
Director of photography: Tomoyuki Shiokawa
Animation producer: Tsunaki Yoshikawa
Art setting by: Shigeyuki Koresawa and Tom
Color design by: Miyuki Satō
Editing by: Hitomi Sudō
Modeling by: Hiroshi Sōma
Music producer: Takefumi Kanaya
Original future gadget design by: SH@RP
Planning by: Takeshi Kikuchi
Production manager: Seiya Tanaka
Prop design by: Asako Inayoshi
Scenario supervision by: Naotaka Hayashi, Ryō Yasumoto, Takuya Nishimura and Tatsuya Matsubara
Special effects supervisor: Kumiko Taniguchi
Producer: Tatsuya Matsubara (VN)
Studio: White Fox
Network: Tokyo MX, TVA, KBS Kyoto, Sun TV, TVQ, AT-X, BS11, GYT
Opening theme: "Fatima (ファティマ)" by Kanako Itō
Ending themes: "LAST GAME" by Zwei and "Amadeus" by Kanako Itō (ep 1)

Main cast: Rintarō "Okarin" Okabe (岡部倫太郎) / Kyōma Hōōin (鳳凰院凶真) voiced by Mamoru Miyano (JP) and J. Michael Tatum (EN)
Mayuri "Mayushii" Shiina (椎名まゆり) voiced by Kana Hanazawa (JP) and Ashly Burch (EN)
Itaru "Daru" Hashida (橋田至) voiced by Tomokazu Seki (JP) and Tyson Rinehart (EN)

Amadeus / Kurisu "Christina" Makise (牧瀬紅莉栖) voiced by Asami Imai (JP) and Trina Nishimura (EN)
Moeka "Shining Finger" Kiryū (桐生萌郁) voiced by Saori Gotō (JP) and Jessica Cavanagh (EN)
Luka "Rukako" Urushibara (漆原るか) voiced by Yū Kobayashi (JP) and Lindsay Seidel (EN)

Faris NyanNyan (フェイリス・ニャンニャン) / Rumiho Akiha (秋葉留未穂) voiced by Haruko Momoi (JP) and Jad Saxton (EN)
Suzuha Amane (阿万音鈴羽) / Suzu Hashida (橋田鈴) voiced by Yukari Tamura (JP) and Cherami Leigh (EN)
Salieri / Maho Hiyajō (比屋定真帆) voiced by Sayuri Yahagi (JP) and Monica Rial (EN)

Kagari "Kana" Shiina (椎名かがり) voiced by Megumi Han (JP) and Alexis Tipton (EN)
Supporting cast: Yuki Amane (阿万音由季) voiced by Yukari Tamura (JP) and Cherami Leigh (EN)
Nae Tennōji (天王寺綯) voiced by Ayano Yamamoto (JP) and Brina Palencia (EN)

Katsumi "Fubuki" Nakase (中瀬克美) voiced by Mariko Honda (JP) and Mikaela Krantz (EN)
Kaede Kurushima (来嶋かえで) voiced by Hina Kino (JP) and Bryn Apprill (EN)
Alexis Leskinen (アレクシスレスキネン) voiced by Yōji Ueda (JP) and Chris Wehkamp (EN)

Judy Reyes (ジュディレイエス) voiced by Maya Nishimura (JP) and Emily Neves (EN)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVVihb4-cHo
Yūgo "Mr. Braun" Tennōji (天王寺裕吾) voiced by Masaki Terasoma (JP) and Christopher Sabat (EN)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOz7832pt0

Synopsis: The dark untold story of Steins;Gate that leads with the eccentric mad scientist Okabe, struggling to recover from a failed attempt at rescuing Kurisu. He decides to give up and abandons his lively scientist alter ego, in pursuit to forget the past. When all seems to be normal, he is seemingly pulled back into the past by meeting an acquaintance of Kurisu, who tells him that they have begun testing a device that stores the memory of a human and creates a simulation of them with their characteristics and personalities. Okabe begins testing and finds out that the simulation of Kurisu has brought back anguish and some new unexpected tragedies. Zero is a side story that explores events from the Beta Attractor Field's future that contribute in making the end of the original story possible.

gdpetti said:
Steins Gate alt ending with 23 eps? really? Liked the series, but not sure this is necessary... seems like 'milking it' again... as the original had 'alt' endings.
not a prequel (despite title) but 'side story' S2, S;G is the only ';' series i liked :)

So we are in a beta world line where Christina is dead and somehow became a proper AI of sorts, but we still have time shenanigans and the world line jumping is still a think too.

Kid-Wolf said:
So we are in a beta world line where Christina is dead and somehow became a proper AI of sorts, but we still have time shenanigans and the world line jumping
'Yes it's me i'm done refreshing all my SG memories after years, despite SERN RL stuff delayed a BR·marathon' ;p... so now Daru's future 3D waifu as main of its new cast, but by ep.3 cliffhanger i wonder if 0karin will start to fade (film):eek:

Norren said:
I finally got around to finishing this, I'd been introduced to it by one of the manga spinoffs, and liked the idea, but had enough other stuff going on that I stalled out at ep 2... and I regret not following it weekly now. I'd been following the Suzuha focused spinoff mangas, and thinking I'd get around to finishing the anime at some point, and I ended up marathoning the series yesterday.

The time travel concepts were quite entertaining and easy to follow (Although I'm sure it helped that I was familiar with all of them already) and I really liked the way Okabe's character matured as he suffered through things. Okabe and Kurisu's growth was remarkable, and in the extra 25th ep, I liked the way they finally got their happy ending.

I really liked the landlord. I bet it drove him CRAZY in timelines where he worked for SERN that Okabe called him by his SERN codename by pure fluke. I'm curious to see how the spinoff about his past turns out.

Did the VN expand any on the origin of Reading Steiner? The anime gives the idea that at some point, he attempted to time-leap into his 8 year old self, giving himself the "memory seeds" of "the organization" (SERN), FB ("MISTAA BRAUN~"), his initial love of time travel, and his fear of losing Mayuri. (his frantic moment of panic in the scene with Mayuri at her grandmother's grave in the flashback where the adult Okabe's mannerisms surface.)

All in all, I loved it. Waiting for the movie. If it's not a simple recap of the series, I'm expecting them to reveal a hidden danger lurking in the prediction that Suzuha's mother received and have another adventure based on it. (it was a little too spot on.)
i'm hoping this '0' to answer many S1 questions like SERN's origin, why Kurisu (0r Amadeus?) joins it as Suzuha said... i wasnt satisfied by how its Movie ends so, the plot thickens in ep'5 with her found lookalike and Moeka as·ally(?):huh:

So far I feel somewhat lost, but also at the same time trying to piece together what the hell has been happening so far. Apparently the reasoning for the Reading Steiner to kick in was due to Russia doing their time machine testing. I guess it would explain as to why he was jumping world lines there without the microwave or his D-Mail ability either.

gdpetti said:
So this one started already? Guess if the fans want it, they get it eventually. ^_^ Soooo, how is it compared to the original series?
welcome back! seems you were away from anime in spring, so far i prefer this '0' a bit darker and less gags than S1... not sure if its MC annoyed me At times more as Mad scientist, or 'emo' up to ep'10? about Mozart try Piano no Mori ;)

So this one started already? Guess if the fans want it, they get it eventually. ^_^ Soooo, how is it compared to the original series?

Kid-Wolf said:
Apparently the reasoning for the Reading Steiner to kick in was due to Russia doing their time machine testing. I guess it would explain as to why he was jumping world lines there without the microwave or his D-Mail ability either.
Also I wonder if russians stroke in ep.11, with Yuki hurt Again a coincidence?... hinting Judy is involved too, Btw IN reviewed it after batman·ninja this week b)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cItCRnDoW5k

Ryu said:
welcome back! seems you were away from anime in spring, so far i prefer this '0' a bit darker and less gags than S1..
Yeah, doing a research project without no previous knowledge on the subject... ongoing... have to immerse oneself to get any feel on the data accumulated.. otherwise hard to form any opinions on it.
How is this anime side story going? I did like the original.. it was unique, though I've never seen any of the other : as you referred to Chaos something.. My biggest problem with this return to 'old' animes, is that I don't remember them that well... same with the new sequel FLCL... which I haven't seen yet either.

gdpetti said:
How is this anime side story going? I did like the original.. it was unique, though I've never seen any of the other : as you referred to Chaos something.. My biggest problem with this return to 'old' animes, is that I don't remember them that well...
ep.12 just got more confusing, by ED cliffhanger and Kagari's childhood song... i think its 'zero' means inexistent timeline, well here is what i pointed above :p

Steins;Gate 0 cour 2, is the return of his 'mad scientist persona' Kyōma Hōōin?

gdpetti said:
Yeah, doing a research project without no previous knowledge on the subject... ongoing... have to immerse oneself to get any feel on the data accumulated.. otherwise hard to form any opinions on it.
still busy on your project? ep'14 was worth to wait, timeskip after Kagari left :(

I've been watching this one with great excitement, I plan to rewatch the first show and this one in a weekend once it's over. so many little details spread throughout the episodes. (Like Maho-tan).

That said... Am I the only person who thinks Kagari is a clone of Kurisu that Leskinen created to flash Amadeus/Kurisu into? There's some serious top tier creepiness going on there...

Norren said:
(Like Maho-tan).

That said... Am I the only person who thinks Kagari is a clone of Kurisu that Leskinen created to flash Amadeus/Kurisu into? There's some serious top tier creepiness going on there...
i thought something alike but as her physically improved copy, by him? maybe his goofy personality is just an act... yet i find Judy more suspicious from hints unless it's a red herring, like Yuki? oh the feels in ep'16 :/ still legal loli ftw :lol:

Norren said:
I've been watching this one with great excitement, I plan to rewatch the first show and this one in a weekend once it's over. so many little details spread throughout the episodes.
me too but i rewatched S1 days before SG0 began understanding better, ep'18 best so far! our suspicions are right... Future Leskinen brainwashed Kagari and a soldier said Reyes, can't wait to see tomorrow if Lintalo fixes all that mess :d

This 2nd cour, isn't it part of the first 23 eps? So it should be over soon, no? Do you think it's best to rewatch the original first, and/or the movie... wasn't there a movie? The memory fades more and more.... :wacko:

gdpetti said:
This 2nd cour, isn't it part of the first 23 eps? So it should be over soon, no? Do you think it's best to rewatch the original first, and/or the movie... wasn't there a movie?
Dubbed tv finale is this upcoming Monday! you still have 5 days, marathon SG up to ep.22 and 23-OVA then SG0... or just wait until their unaired epilogue in November 28th, after all that go back finishing S1·#23-25 along the movie ^_^

After finishing this series it seems like he finally found the path to the Stein's;Gate now. Oddly enough it felt like it was mostly 20 episode of Okabe BSoDing for most of the time this series went on it felt like though.

Kid-Wolf said:
After finishing this series
finally over until now with the OVA release, just a fun yet sad valentine special inbetween both SG0 cours... it's titled Bittersweet Intermedio after all, unlikely but i wouldn't mind other VN timelines animated next! El Psy congroo :unsure:

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back