Winter Sonata

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
winterjpgyq1.jpg

Title: Winter Sonata -Animation-
Japanese Title: 冬のソナタ (Fuyu no Sonata)
Korean Title: 겨울연가 (Gyeoul Yeonga)
Genre: EXTREME-DRAMA, Romance, Tragedy
Premier: 2009
Official Website: http://anime-wintersonata.com/

26-Episode Anime!!!

Korean Cast:

Yong Joon Bae as Joon Sang Kang / Min Hyung Lee
Choi Ji Woo as Yoo Jin
Jung Dong Hwan as Sang Hyuk's Father
Kim Hae Sook as Yujin's Mother
Lee Hye Eun as Jin Suk
Lee Hyo Chun as Sang Hyuk's Mother
Park Yong Ha as Sang Hyuk
Ryu Seung Soo as Yong Kuk
Yoo Yui as Radio Broadcaster

TRAILER: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-312440/An...tion-Promo.html

Plot:

Joon-sang moves to a new high school in search for his biological father. Yu-jin and Sang-hyuk are close childhood friends, although Sang-hyuk wants to be more than a friend, Yu-jin sees him as a brother. On a trip together with other high school mates, Oh Chelin, Jin-suk and Yong-kuk, Yu-jin is saved after an accident by Joon-sang. They become close and she opens up his cold heart. However, circumstances and fate dictate that their love will never be. He abruptly disappears from their lives.

Ten years later, the old High School buddies gather to celebrate Yu-jin and Sang-hyuk's soon-to-be wedding. Yu-jin, who was deeply in love with Joon-sang, still has a fire in her heart for him. But at the party, Oh Chelin's new boyfriend arrives, who appears the same as Joon-sang.

(~ from d-addicts.com ~)

My Thoughts:

This is all for you Dorama-LOVERS!!!!

This anime is going to be the most watched anime of 2009 in Japan hands down due to its sheer popularity and for a good reason too.
biggrin.gif

The dorama was excellent, compelling and an ULTIMATE-TEARJERKER !!!
rolleyes.gif

I am seriously looking forward to this.

This anime is not "just" another production by Korean and Japanese companies working together but it will be like none before.......this is going to certainly cause a ruckus next year!!!

Oh My...I can't wait for this.

Would have never thought that this series would be made into an anime.
Wonder if the ending of the anime will be the same as the series or will they make it more happy ending.

CONFIRMED Premier: July 2009

It will be 26-episodes and this means it will run up to Christmas.....THIS SERIES WILL MAKE YOU CRY.
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

cool. when i saw this post i thought it belong to the wrong section. lol.

never thought this would be adapted into an anime. its not even base on a manga or a manwha. wow, this just prove that kdrama stories are so good even though most of the plot of kdramas are mostly the same.

winter sonata is part of the 4 endless love kdarama tv series (w/c all are named after a season). and is also one of the most popular and successful kdramas in asia.

the main guy (Bae Yong Joon ) here in the drama became very popular too, due to this drama. he became like a idol there. with alot of female fans outside of korea. lol.

at least Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji-woo will do the voice acting. but i wonder how they gonna pull this off. kdrama stories are really good and im worried that its gonna suck when japan will adapt this into an anime. it always happens~

on the other hand this might start a new wave of kdaramas being adapted into an anime. lol.

im looking forward to how the main guy would look like being animated~ lol.

so, I'm very disappointed by the fact that this got pushed back to the summer since the spring already doesn't have many convincing series so far except a handful. At least it boosts potential for summer season considering how disastrous it was last year.

So does someone want to clarify what the actual time setting is in this show (this episode at least since I know the whole show spans a large time period)? I just watched episode 0 and it really can't make up it's mind.

One of the lines in the show is, i quote, "It's July and the leaves are already piling up. That means a cold winter will follow, right?
Well everyone seems grossly overdressed for July and if the leaves are already falling in that number in July then something is wrong environmentally with those trees. Then he goes to, what I assume is Rockefeller Center since I don't know of any other large christmas trees in New York. Though the tree doesn't actually get lit till the very beginning of December. Did the subbers just completely translate wrong? Though that seems pretty terrible since the entire show is subtitled in japanese to begin with due to all the dialogue being in Korean.

I have to assume it was translated wrong as that's the simplest solution. In which case what is the real line?

i was a bit confused by the time as well
even for a place as cold as new york july is way to early for snow
the leaves falling in july was a bit unrealistic
UNLESS alot of time past and it was already late december
which i think may be the case since he did say "its been 6 months since i came to new york" which would make it december
so yea its quite a long time span
i guess its just confusing
but i dont think its a problem with translation i think its a issue with the story
i really like the animation in this though
gives the feeling you get when you watch a movie as if time slows down
also
the blond girls english was a little iffy but i think it was better than a typical japanese person speaking english (in comparision to other animes)

Okay....I'm here to clear up this whole timeline matter for Barbo.

This prologue episode is pretty much near the end of the entire saga. The beginning of the prologue is him leaving for NYC/US( for the 2nd time I think ). Then it quickly progresses to 6 months back in NYC......his condition is worsening.....the end of the prologue is XMAS time. Basically the prologue is a fast forward of one year literally.
rolleyes.gif

This anime production is pure quality, smooth animation mixed with cgi.....I thought I was watching Initial D for a second when I saw the gold car.

The ED pretty much tells you want is going to happen in the next few episodes.

I am going to warn ppl that this series contains a freaking bag full of twists and turns......it may be too much for some.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 23 2009, 07:30 AM) I am going to warn ppl that this series contains a freaking bag full of twists and turns......it may be too much for some.
wink.gif

Keep in mind that the audio will also be in Korean as the cast from the original Korean drama are reprising their roles in this animated version.

I had to laugh when I heard that OP. It's such an overused song in Korea. I hate korean dramas, but they better make this one nice. afterall, there are some scenes that are able to be redone in anime better than in live action. *sparkle* *sparkle*

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 23 2009, 05:11 PM) Keep in mind that the audio will also be in Korean as the cast from the original Korean drama are reprising their roles in this animated version.
Already know that......plus it HAS to be in Korean for me.
biggrin.gif

I'm not really into the these type of dramas but the animation is top notch, it's nice to watch before bed, it'll give me pretty dreams. It's probably perfect if you are into this genre~ One thing that bugged me was the way the Doctor spoke in English for the Prologue, she sounded very valley girlish... If only they would of made her say 'like'. >_>; I hope they don't think all English speakers speak that way.

A great show until now. Yujin and Kang are looking harmonic together as if they are meant to be together.
But I sometimes dont get Kang or dont understand why he is doing what. Especially why he is going agains Senghyuk. I dont see a reason till yet.
But maybe we get to know more now, after all it seems that Senghyuk is going to confront those two.

It doesnt really bother me that they speak kroean, because I can only understand japanese slightly better ^^
But compared to japanese in my opinion korean sounds a bit more hard, a bit unrythmic. So I would prefer japanese.

So I have a question. Is this anime gonna follow the actual show entirely or is it gonna have some noticeable deviations from the actual show? If it does then I'm gonna have to watch the actual show as well just to see it XD.

QUOTE (Ex-Dragoon @ Jan 04 2010, 03:13 AM) So I have a question. Is this anime gonna follow the actual show entirely or is it gonna have some noticeable deviations from the actual show? If it does then I'm gonna have to watch the actual show as well just to see it XD.
The anime version (this one) is more of a condensed version since each episode runs less than half the original length of the drama episode and is only 26 episodes long compared to 20. 20*60 = approximately 1200 minutes of run-time for the live action version compared to the 26*25 = approximately 650 minutes of run-time, thus providing us with barely half of the original drama.

Wow so they are gonna cut out a little under half the entire thing. Well thanks for the info, I'm gonna have to watch the live action one too lol

That shouldn't stop it from being a really good 26 episode run. I just finished watching the newest fansubbers to do this project recently and the quality is excellent. I've had to cut down on my anime lately but Winter Sonata's drama has been so good it will definitely be a weekly show I follow for the time being. If you're not watching and like drama and tragedy you should give this show a try.

In the spoiler is a question for someone who has watched past episode four. The way Joon Sang and Yujin's relationship was came to that tragic end was like WOAH 
ohmy.gif
huge shocking moment. But the one thing I didn't understand fully was why Joon Sang left after seeing the picture at Yujin's house? It had something to do with his father I think? I think they explained it but I was half asleep at that part and missed the reasoning.

@senpai: No they didnt explain it. I think he just saw how impossible it was searching for his father and that talking to him would only make everything even harder as it already is.
But its been a long time since I saw that ep so Im not so sure about what exactly they said back then.

I somehow knew that Joonsang didnt die and Im waiting for the explanation of this. Did he just fake death? When yes why does he come back now? Or maybe it wasnt him who died but everyone thought it was.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back