Fansubbing

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Would you or wouldnt you

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe, but I strongly doubt it

• Total voters

TNT

-nii
Retired
So, with all the people bugging the fansubbers for when the next ep is released, i wanted to know how many people would do the same if they had the knowledge. How many of you would start a fansub group of you had the expertise required?

I'm pretty much certain I wouldnt. It seems like a waste of time. You do it for that 20 % that show gratitude, you get bugged by nerds (who probably make up for 30%) as soon as they think you're an hour late and you never hear from the rest.

All in all, since I wouldnt gain anything from it I probably wouldnt bother. Looking from my own perspective, I do have respect for the people who do use their time for it.
happy.gif

I would try it, but I would start subbing an old anime that I saw as a kid. It would be a chinese dub however
tongue.gif

I already had...maybe not the edition part...thats catchy and I am still too green so I have done is the traduction work

I'd like to try it, i mean only for one series, but my Jap, is very poor, and my editing skill are teh Sux0r! Ah well its the thought that counts.

If I had the expertise, perhaps I would think about it. However, fansubbing seems to take a lot of time, something that I don't seem to have.
dry.gif

QUOTE (chibinyaa @ Feb 17 2005, 08:43 AM) lol
you don't fansub anime and expect something in return. it's done for the love of anime!! XD
So, you love anime so much that you post eps with subs so everyone can down and understand them and the creators wont get a dime from something like 70%?
happy.gif

Ahh, gotta love hypocracy. (this also applies to me)

Fansubbing is too hard. I can't be bothered
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Why do you think people go in groups for fansubbing? It halves the work!

If I had the knowledge and time, perhaps I might consider doing it.
rolleyes.gif

But then as much as I may like animes, I dont think I would involve myself in so much work
biggrin.gif

I've helped out with a couple of fansubs and also dabbled in making some for myself, but I'm very limited in what I can get involved in as most fansubbers work via IRC and I don't have IRC.
Many groups don't even seem to exist outside of IRC—no website or forums, they live in a different online world which has no point of contact with my own online world other than the actual fansubs themselves.

I'd like to start fansubbing but i'm having problems finding raws, plus i don't know how to encode...

If only I knew how to understand and speak Japanese fluently, then its a guarantee I so would like to help out with the subbing.
biggrin.gif

That's if I knew Japanese though. Haha.
tongue.gif

I'm already trying out some fansubbing with 2 other people on the fourm, we're currently trying to do la corda as the fan subbers seem to have stopped
sad.gif
and all 3 of us are realli big fans of the show so we decided to do something about it...

Hiroyuki: Yes you're screwed if you don't use IRC. I barely know of any group that doesn't operate outside of IRC. And this isn't just fansub groups. Many development communities work through IRC as well...

mikomi: Most fansubbers obtain raws through Winny/Share. They are Japanese p2p programs. Look them up on google.

/me isn't sure if he can post links without breaking some weird rule...

Also encoding is no way an easy job. It takes a long amount of learning for most people. Or you can just be one of those load in Vdub, click 4 buttons and output XviD avi encoder. But I rather see more competent encoders then incompetent.

If you wanna just start as an easy job, I suggest something like editing, raw providing, or possibly QC. But if you're series about encoding then start reading. Some good learning sources:

All around encoding(forums are good source, guides are extremely old): http://www.doom9.org/

IVTC and some avisynth tips: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/

Everything about video/audio/container formats: http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Video_file

And I didn't vote since I don't think there is an option for existing fansubbers or at least semi-active fansubbers.

EDIT: Major thread necromancy... >_> But started with the others before me.

/me blames them

What the hell's up with people reviving the old threads? jeez, it pushes back all the other important threads -.-

I love anime..........that literally means I'm willing to do fansubbing whatever the job maybe.......I just wanna contribute to the "Anime Global-Recognition-Everyday-Life Cause".......u get me ???

Also all this free-time.........my Japanese is improving quickly.

Cya

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back