Kämpfer

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

AnimeWiz07

-de gozaru~
Sempai

Associated Names: Fighter, Kampfer, Kenpufaa, Kenpufer

Plot Summary: Senou Natsuru is your normal, everyday high school student. However he´s been chosen to be a Kampfer, who´s objective consists on fighting other Kampfer with either guns, swords or magic, however, there´s catch; first you can´t chose if you´re a Kampfer or not, and second, you must have the body of a girl to use your powers.

Vintage: 2009-10-01 - ??? / 12 episodes

Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance

My thoughts: Based on the first episode, I can say it'd be a strong contender if it continues at that pace, but when do they ever? *cough * (Black God); so lets just hope.

Watched the first episode just now. It was a good episode alright, though I prefer the manga's introduction better. The yuri subtext is also quite strong( which I really like
biggrin.gif
).

However, I wish they would cut down the blatant seiyuu jokes; they are ridiculous. I liked the Ueda Kana joke in Nogizaka Haruka but these....

I'll probably stick with this to the end.

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Oct 01 2009, 08:24 PM)
Plot Summary: Senou Natsuru is your normal, everyday high school student. However he´s been chosen to be a Kampfer, who´s objective consists on fighting other Kampfer with either guns, swords or magic, however, there´s catch; first you can´t chose if you´re a Kampfer or not, and second, you must have the body of a girl to use your powers.

gee, what does it mean you need a body of a girl to be able to use the powers. Does it mean the kämpfer uses somebody elses body, or you need to look like a hot 15 years old girl, with big boobs, slim waist and a stupid look in your eyes in order to participate? LOL, and there I thought the anime "the president is my girlfriend" has the worst plot.... but this is a valid competition.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 02 2009, 05:36 AM) gee, what does it mean you need a body of a girl to be able to use the powers. Does it mean the kämpfer uses somebody elses body, or you need to look like a hot 15 years old girl, with big boobs, slim waist and a stupid look in your eyes in order to participate? LOL, and there I thought the anime "the president is my girlfriend" has the worst plot.... but this is a valid competition.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you pretty much hit the nail on the head. yes, only females can use the Kampfer powers, as for the plot; i'm going to be honest, i've read the manga to its current point and still have no idea what the whole meaning behind the kampfers fighting is (not checking the novels)...
dry.gif
so with confidence I can say that the plot is slow moving, and was probably not thought out to the point it should've been when the series began; yet the events apart from the main plotline, as in; "his life as a guy", are great and enjoyable enough to keep me in for the run (as long as the quality stays as it was in the first episode)

QUOTE (maximilian @ Oct 02 2009, 04:35 AM) However, I wish they would cut down the blatant seiyuu jokes; they are ridiculous. I liked the Ueda Kana joke in Nogizaka Haruka but these....
Hey, it may be seem tasteless to you, but it is funny to most otaku consider it's two of the three top female seiyuu we are talking about. I guess it's different in culture...Japanese LOVE seiyuu neta.

One word sums this up and it would be TRAPS.
Seriously dissapointed in this one. Came in here looked at the art style and the girls? in the pictures and thought to myself, this looks like a keeper. Got to the plot and then my face went from this
biggrin.gif
to this
mad.gif
and possibly this
sad.gif

Since i have nothing better to do though ill probably watch the first episode and then decide if i want to watch traps or not.
unsure.gif

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I enjoyed the seiyuu jokes and the sexual innuendoes. I can't see this becoming a top show for me, but it's not that bad.

Why are the intestines hanging out of the plushies? Thats just weird... I wonder if there is a reason or if they just wanted to make them look odd. I also don't get what a Kampfer is and what are their purpose? Just to fight with eachother? Oh well maybe I shouldn't think too much about a show like this
laugh.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 02 2009, 01:26 PM) It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I enjoyed the seiyuu jokes and the sexual innuendoes. I can't see this becoming a top show for me, but it's not that bad.

Why are the intestines hanging out of the plushies? Thats just weird... I wonder if there is a reason or if they just wanted to make them look odd. I also don't get what a Kampfer is and what are their purpose? Just to fight with eachother? Oh well maybe I shouldn't think too much about a show like this
laugh.gif

Kinda agree. I was expecting things to be a bit worse than they were. I believe this show is what they might call "otaku bait". But it's pretty looking and kinda entertaining (who doesn't love a penis joke). Story looks kinda retarded, but I've seen worse before.

QUOTE (shinigamii @ Oct 02 2009, 10:26 AM) One word sums this up and it would be TRAPS.
Seriously dissapointed in this one. Came in here looked at the art style and the girls? in the pictures and thought to myself, this looks like a keeper. Got to the plot and then my face went from this
biggrin.gif
to this
mad.gif
and possibly this
sad.gif

Since i have nothing better to do though ill probably watch the first episode and then decide if i want to watch traps or not.
unsure.gif

He's not actually a trap because he actually turns into a girl instead of keeping what's down there. Little fact, but not important. And if you're wondering about the gender of the girls in the picture (spoiler? I don't think it's one but just in case) the main character right now is the only male Kampfer.  The rest are actually girls.

I've been reading the manga, so I'm definitely gonna watch this. I just gotta find time to watch the first episode that's already out. :/

Having never read the manga, I haven't seen a decent gender-swap anime in awhile, and this one fills that niche quite nicely for now.

I'll follow this to the bitter end, although it is funny to think that to fight, you need to be female. Girls, protect those wimpy guys!
biggrin.gif

lol it similar to the manga but its funny bit dirtier then manga

add to anime watch list

I havent seen the episode yet, but the impression I get is, that it serves one purpose only: "guys can watch girls". Well, what can I say.... the anime doesnt offer anything else, but it seems that guys have little other demands on animes. The main point is: it must have girls. Have I mentioned the girls? Yeaaah, the girls.....

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 03 2009, 02:00 AM) I havent seen the episode yet, but the impression I get is, that it serves one purpose only: "guys can watch girls". Well, what can I say.... the anime doesnt offer anything else, but it seems that guys have little other demands on animes. The main point is: it must have girls. Have I mentioned the girls? Yeaaah, the girls.....
your right
tongue.gif
youst ad some cute girls and dirty referenses and the plot dont matter to most guys
tongue.gif

this is the secound anime i watch that has a boy girl swap thing
tongue.gif
(the first one is Ranma½) looking forward to the next episode whit high hopes of dirty jokes
tongue.gif
and misunderstanding to
tongue.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 03 2009, 06:00 PM) I havent seen the episode yet, but the impression I get is, that it serves one purpose only: "guys can watch girls". Well, what can I say.... the anime doesnt offer anything else, but it seems that guys have little other demands on animes. The main point is: it must have girls. Have I mentioned the girls? Yeaaah, the girls.....
just watch it u wont be disappointed i like this anime & manga very good

It seems interesting. I found myself laughing several times at the jokes and innuendos, so it's relatively entertaining. I've heard people saying that there's no plot - no REASON for the fighting given in the manga, but based on the preview for next episode it sounds like some backstory as to WHY everything is happening might be given. It's likely then that the anime will split off from the manga so...

Either way, I'll put it on my list of shows to consider. It'll be 'on the fence' for me until I can get a better idea of what to expect.

I will say though, even though there were lots of jokes/innuendos, it actually wasn't that bad as far as actual ecchi content. Certainly better than many other shows - clothes weren't getting torn to shreds with skin and panties being revealed left and right. We'll see though.

Ok from what I can guess from how this is setup it's kind of like a battle royale setup for this series with three weapon types. Also, from the looks of things it's more along the line of selecting those groups to see who is the best of the best kind of deal.

In any case it's rather interesting that they are doing the whole guy becomes a girl and then back again kind of deal.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 04 2009, 12:48 PM) Ok from what I can guess from how this is setup it's kind of like a battle royale setup for this series with three weapon types. Also, from the looks of things it's more along the line of selecting those groups to see who is the best of the best kind of deal.

In any case it's rather interesting that they are doing the whole guy becomes a girl and then back again kind of deal.
yeah i read the manga i hope the going to be good fight as i seen in manga the main character grown some a pair while in female form saving some girl from thugs

What the devil's the librarian girl's special skill? Poor shooting? Did she really need a magic bracelet for that? Just give the dojikko a .45 and have at it.

I was pretty good IMO. The jokes/innuendos were really funny and the action is pretty good too. And they dont really over-use the ecchi factor like they did with Zettai Shogeki.

The characters are interesting too. I just love Akanes Kämpfer-personality. Natsuru is just completely helpless against her ^^

So his crush, Sakura, has a crush on his female side? Talk about very bad luck XD

@warita: Yeah to me girls a really important in animes. Still the plot is the most important, but if I want to watch something funny it can get neglected (after all you dont really need a big plot to make a funny series) for pretty girls ^^ And this series doenst look to me like a "I want to be serious with a really deep plot"-anime, so its fine.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back