Shakugan no Shana Season 3

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired

I'm pretty sure all of us season 1 and 2 viewers saw this one coming eventually. Although it's not a formal announcement, this was leaked in the beginning of October that I kept forgetting to bring around. It was hinted at the Dengeki Book Autumn Festival where Rie Kugimiya (Shana) and Satoshi Hino (Sakai Yuuji), the novel author and illustrator "accidentally" hinted that the third season was possibly in the works basing on the last parts of the novel (see source below)

It's not a big deal that I forgot though since it doesn't look like it will be starting anytime soon. My bets are on Fall 2009 at the earliest at this rate, especially since there was a 2 year gap in between the first and second season. It would only be appropriate if they gave another 2 year gap to give the novels some time....though I'm hoping for a much thorough and meaningful plot this time unlike season 2.

Episodes: 24 (most likely just like season 1 and 2, if not 12 or 13 due to little content left to cover from what I know)
Premier: Fall 2009? (unconfirmed)

Source: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/05/n...o-shana-season/

The link to the Japanese Dengeki news article is also within the source if you are able to read Japanese that is....

QUOTE (LeRookie @ Nov 02 2008, 10:08 PM) I haven't read any of the novels but what does it mean by "the third season was possibly in the works basing on the last parts of the novel"? Does that mean the novels are finishing up?

Am a supporter of Rie Kugimiya so I'd definitely catch this series. =D
The novels are finishing up last I checked/heard. I think the anime of season 2 covered up to novel 13 or something. First season I believe covered up to novel 9. They stretched the stuff in the beginning of season 2 with "fillers" of Konoe. There are 19 light novels...3 of which are side-stories. The last novel that related with the story was published in the middle of season 2. I heard it was finishing up, but the again, rumors are distorted. So who knows, it might actually not be the end for a while
smile.gif

The question is how will they animate this properly after the disastrous run of season 2. Pacing was awful and story was useless for half the series, especially when compared to season 1.

Glad to hear that there will be third season. To be honest, I even haven't finished the second season yet.
sleep.gif
watched until about eps 10 or so, but then got kinda bored and skip to the last eps. o_O well, gonna watch all of it on holiday or when i no longer busy with school. hmm 2009, guess i have a lot of time to finish up the second season.

Well, I'm not that surprised at all. They left it kind of open ended in the end, even though they implied that Shana finally got together with Yuji. With that, I believe the third season will probably be more interesting than the last two, at least for me, though I must say the second season failed compared to the first due to the lack of action. That's what made me love the first season so much, and even though the second season had that amazing battle towards the end, most of it (especially the first half) was complete crap.

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Nov 03 2008, 07:05 PM) Well, I'm not that surprised at all. They left it kind of open ended in the end, even though they implied that Shana finally got together with Yuji. With that, I believe the third season will probably be more interesting than the last two, at least for me, though I must say the second season failed compared to the first due to the lack of action. That's what made me love the first season so much, and even though the second season had that amazing battle towards the end, most of it (especially the first half) was complete crap.
What made me like the first season more was Shana as a complete tsundere....she lost a lot of it in season 2....and was just moe....but not enough as she was in the first season. It was kinda up and down.............and yeah....not enough action....Someone want to recount how many episodes we spent on Fumina Konoe? Of which how many ended up not pertaining to the actual plot when she disappeared?

QUOTE (jul10 @ Nov 03 2008, 06:41 AM) Glad to hear that there will be third season. To be honest, I even haven't finished the second season yet.
sleep.gif
watched until about eps 10 or so, but then got kinda bored and skip to the last eps. o_O well, gonna watch all of it on holiday or when i no longer busy with school. hmm 2009, guess i have a lot of time to finish up the second season.
Lol, I'm kinda in the same boat. except, I never even tried to watch the 2nd season at all and from the comments, I've heard about it, its not like I missed much and I guess they did the fillers to make sure another anime adaption can be added to the franchise, so as to milk as much money from the cash-cow of a franchise, i.e. the ever-so-popular Shana series.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

It seems to be the common now for all "3" part seasons to have a really amazing first season a rather crappy second and somewhere in between third season.
sleep.gif
Take Zero no Tsukaima for an example i bet all of you felt the same with that but i digress.

I just hope that season 3 (If the rumors are true BTW), will stop with the on off relationship between Yuuji and Shana and make the season balanced. I myself will watch this when it comes to it but will we all be disappointed i guess all we can do is wait.
mellow.gif

QUOTE (runeazn @ Nov 22 2008, 05:22 PM)i heard of my friend is annouced(50%sure) that season 3 will come anyway check wikipedia lolz

Wikipedia is not a fact site as the articles on there are added by anyone who feels like adding something so it cant be trusted on all things, though it is a good reference site but not a ground braking factual site. Also if i remember correctly Juhachi puts information on wiki or has done.

not what i meant i meant that on the official site it is annouced. i meaned to check via wikipedia the official site omg lol

wow 10 grammar faults lol i typed a bit too fast lawl

so no new news this info i found from last year but from how season 2 ended i think he went to shana

still i hope they tell us soon this anime is great

looks good ....
news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/110/110484/

[Moderator's Note: Don't double post]

QUOTE (lancer56 @ Dec 20 2008, 12:52 PM) so no new news this info i found from last year but from how season 2 ended i think he went to shana

still i hope they tell us soon this anime is great

looks good ....
news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/110/110484/

[Moderator's Note: Don't double post]
this is old news from October (in fact same day). Look at the link in my first post for the translated information.

third season...

i hope not like second season that crap..
really boring to watch until silver apperance..

i just want to know shana relation with yuuji..
how it end up..

Has there been any news updates as to a confirmation to a third season? The end of season two left me definitely wanting another season like most people, whether its 12 episodes or not.

Yea I saw that a while ago when looking for news too. Sadly I also haven't been able to find any info at all. It kinda sucks if there won't be considering I probably won't be able to read the novels any time soon.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back