Black God (Kuro Kami)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Black God (Kurokami The Animation)
Japanese Title: 黒神 The Animation
Genre: Thriller, Drama, Action, Supernatural, Fantasy, Tragedy and Romance (there's always romance in my eyes)
tongue.gif

Premier: January 2009
Animation Studio: Sunrise
Original creator: Dall-Young Lim (story) & Sung-woo Park (art)
Director: Tsuneo Kobayashi
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
Character Design: Hiroyuki Nishimura
Chief Animation Director: Hiroyuki Nishimura
Assistant Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
Color design: Nagisa Abe
Conceptual Design: Tsutomu Suzuki
Prop Design: Takashi Miyamoto
Sound director: Hiromi Kikuta
Official Website: http://www.kurokami-anime.net/

CAST:

Daisuke Namikawa as Keita Ibuki
Noriko Shitaya as Kuro
Jouji Nakata as Steiner
Sayaka Ohara as Akane Sano
Yukari Tamura as Excel

Artists of the Theme Songs:

OP - Minami Kuribayashi
ED - Yousei Teikoku

Plot #1:

Wending his way home after a bender one evening, master moocher and game programmer Keita Ibuki decides to satisfy a craving for ramen at a noodle stand. Instead of slurping soup, though, he surrenders his meal to a manic girl who, unbeknownst to Keita, is a Mototsumitama, a guardian of the coexistence equilibrium. When his new acquaintance is attacked, Keita gets caught in the crossfire and loses an arm. Awakening from the shock of his injury, Keita finds himself back in his apartment... arm intact! But just whose arm is it?! Asking the strange girl raiding his refrigerator reveals only that Keita's life has become a great deal more complicated.

(~from Yen Press~)

MANGA COVERS:

07148281tt3.jpg

07154236ve1.jpg

07162934gs7.jpg

07168731jm0.jpg

07177752hi7.jpg

07184020gw1.jpg

07194394mk1.jpg

07202492yt4.jpg

Plot #2:

Keita Ibuki is an independent and struggling freelance computer programmer who, with two of his friends, is developing and trying to sell a video game program to big-time video game companies in Tokyo while trying to stay afloat and survive financially with money being given to him by his 21-year old childhood friend Akane Sano. He had a chance meeting on one night with a high Mototsumitama named Kuro while eating alone at a ramen stand. He gives her his dinner, a bowl of ramen, and tries to protect her when she is attacked in an ambush by an unknown Mototsumitama. Keita loses his entire left arm during the fight between the Mototsumitamas, but Kuro was able to save his life by exchanging the decapitated arm with her own left arm since she has enhanced healing abilities like all Mototsumitamas. This creates a contract between them, which makes her more powerful than before. However, Kuro warns Keita that they need to be together all the time in order to be at their strongest.

As Kuro stays with Keita and gets acquainted with him while meeting with other Mototsumitamas and their human masters, they are targeted by the strongest Mototsumitama clan of the East, the Shishigami (Lion God) Clan in an attempt to kidnap Akane and bring about the destruction of the coexistence balance, which Mototsumitamas are supposed to protect. Meanwhile, Keita is determined to find out why his mother had died after seeing her double as a young boy and find out who is responsible for trying to destroying the coexistence balance on Earth.

(~from WIKI~)

My Thoughts:

I remember picking up this series due to my friends boasting to me about how good it "is" and I'm really happy I did start reading it. I always thought it was manwha....look at Akane.....she looks like she came from UxU....its done written and drawn by 2 Koreans....who live in Japan....hence, its a MANGA.
laugh.gif

Anyways, its awesome.....and ppl who really look around for manga know this....I picked this series about the same time I picked up Mx0, Sekirei, High School of the Dead, Ai Kora, UxU, Ga-Rei and a few others.
rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately, the manga scanlations get to be released slowly, mainly because its serialized in a bi-monthly magazine and I doubt we will get to see any scanlations of Chapter 56 until next year.......too long.
sad.gif

Anyways, I heard about the anime being produced about last month but I didn't think it would start as early as January 2009........CAN'T WAIT!!! XD
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

WEBSITE PICTURE:

~SORRY....I couldn't post these in the first post because it said it exceeded the number of pics allowed.
wink.gif
~

Screenshots for the first episode:

story_01.jpg

story_02.jpg

story_03.jpg

story_04.jpg

story_05.jpg

story_06.jpg

story_07.jpg

story_08.jpg

story_09.jpg

story_10.jpg

Also, one thing that bothers me......but then again...I guess its stupid to think about it, since we see Akane in her 21 years old form.
wink.gif

can't wait for this one; even if its a fail i'm going to watch it, the manga was just too good for me not to be loyal to the anime, hopefully they will be able to carry over its greatness
wink.gif

Ahhh thats good....it seems they will have the first episode depicting more on the events that lead to his mother's death.
wink.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: -

http://www.kurokami-anime.net/chara.html?pid=chara_04.html

They made *MY* Akane-chan have reddish brown hair instead of her sexy vanilla blonde hair.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

BUT THEN WHY....is her hair blonde.......in the PREVIEW pics I put in my previous post..........I hope its BLONDE and not that colour.
dry.gif
sad.gif

Oh god.... ....

*goes into hysteria*

HOW DID I MISS THIS I WAITED FOR THIS ADAPTATION FOR SO LONG T_T

*Runs off to get all the info on adaptation...*

@JCDRANZER
If I am not mistaken she WAS redhaired on all the covers of manga :E

That what about the pics from the first episode of Black God......why is she blonde in them. Only Kuro and those twins are red or brown-haired. Also, Akane was only in one of the Black God Volumes and in general, the coloured pages, the ones she appears in depict her in blonde hair.....I swear....she's blonde.
wink.gif

Avoid "swearing". LOL
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

I want an adpation for UxU...........you know what I only found out today......that both these series are done by the SAME AUTHOR, Lim Dall-Young, I really really missed that fact and because Black God is getting an anime.......I hope one day, UnbalancexUnbalance will get an anime too, since its also being serialized in Japan too.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Nov 29 2008, 04:14 PM) That what about the pics from the first episode of Black God......why is she blonde in them. Only Kuro and those twins are red or brown-haired. Also, Akane was only in one of the Black God Volumes and in general, the coloured pages, the ones she appears in depict her in blonde hair.....I swear....she's blonde.
wink.gif

Okk...just noticed the screencaps xD

WTF....
Why is Kuro with RED-ish hair?...and what is up with Akane having brown-ish hair T_T

Imo Kuro was always blue/blach-haired and Akane - red/brown haired :E

Well, I am still compelled to see it still... I can always ignore the colors...

So Bandai decided to pull a Funimation and licensed this at Black Sunday in LA today.

QUOTE The television Anime series will debut simultaneously in Japan, South Korea, and the United States within 24 hours of each other on January 8, 2009. In the United States, it will premiere on IATV on Thursday nights. The producers have been dubbing off pencil test footage instead of final animation due to the speed of the process

So um...yeah this sucks.....and based on the final line...that means the dub is going to plain suck since they rushed it
dry.gif

WTF.......dubbing....why not just sub it.....more fans will watch it.
wink.gif

Anyways, as long as I can get my normal supply of fansubbed episodes of Black God at the time....I will be a happy man.
biggrin.gif

Kit, sometimes you bring too much "bad news" to the plate.
tongue.gif
j/k
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
ph34r.gif

well this news is kinda cool but I'm still going to be hoping for fansubs since I live in Britain and we probably won't get it for another year (and the only anime I know of that's been licensened for release here before America is Mnemosyne).

I am probably goin gto check out both dub and jp versions. dub seems to have somne pretty good(not great) cast ou tthere.

Overall I am happy that such business model was chosen.

Now my only hope is that they don't screw up the story :<

Screwing up the character designs was bad enough T_T

I've sat back and watched an ep... the only ep that's out for it if I remember right... in RAW form... and being taken back by visceral fights... and even more insane battles, just shook me to the core.

I mean... in the first sequence... someone takes a baseball bat to someone's head... a whole... 6 minute fight sequence... Car window smashing, more baseball bat swinging for flesh, and probably one of the most intense combos that I've ever seen a character pull off in a series... barring Naruto. >.>;; and someone who isn't crucial to the series... leaves the series in one of the most graphic, grotesque, and overall... jacked up ways that I could ever imagine. Hokuto No Ken has Nothing on the way she was taken out. o_o; ...

I digress...

If everyone has a chance to seek this out... don't wait for subs... SEE IT NOW!!!

I've been hooked for a full boxset purchase the second I got done with this episode. o_o; ... Scary thought for me... hope the other eps live up to the bar that this has set.

QUOTE (damienstryker @ Jan 01 2009, 11:41 AM) I've sat back and watched an ep... the only ep that's out for it if I remember right... in RAW form... and being taken back by visceral fights... and even more insane battles, just shook me to the core.

If everyone has a chance to seek this out... don't wait for subs... SEE IT NOW!!!

I've been hooked for a full boxset purchase the second I got done with this episode. o_o; ... Scary thought for me... hope the other eps live up to the bar that this has set.
That's the Dec. 27, 2008 pre-airing to 150 people who the lottery to go to this screening
laugh.gif

I just watched the first episode, and...... Wow..... I cant belive that this series is so graphic. The way they kill off one of the characters... Wow thats all i can say It also seems that this series will be kinda depressing, but extremely good. i think I will check out the manga, that is if there is one, and it has english scans.

QUOTE (wafroman07 @ Jan 03 2009, 01:06 AM) I just watched the first episode, and...... Wow..... I cant belive that this series is so graphic. The way they kill off one of the characters...  Wow thats all i can say It also seems that this series will be kinda depressing, but extremely good. i think I will check out the manga, that is if there is one, and it has english scans.
Its licensed....so can't say where to get it but there are definitely English scans out there, since, I read them.
biggrin.gif

I didn't notice but Chapter 56 to 58 got scanlated and released last week....I'm gonna read them tomorrow.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE Its licensed....so can't say where to get it but there are definitely English scans out there, since, I read them.

I didn't notice but Chapter 56 to 58 got scanlated and released last week....I'm gonna read them tomorrow.

Thanks i already check it out and found out that it is liscenced, and with how good the first episode was of the anime i figured i'd buy 'em. So i already order the first four volumes.
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back