This Month's Funds Have Got Me Worried

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

showoff2101

-chan
Kouhai
only 7 more days left in the month...and our totals are behind.
sad.gif

c'mon guys, last month we came out with $4 dollars more than our goal, but the site is still in debt. click those ads! support fansub. we need to make this work...

i think u can link to each of the different ads. someone wrote about this somewhere else...

found it... Question about donating...
well didnt really check, through but if i remember right it was this thread, have a read through bout the ads.

Let's see if we can do the same today.

No I think you can only click on it once every day each user, but hopefully if site get $20 dollars each day we can meet the goal i think.

Also only $40 more dollars left to reach the goal while this post is added

QUOTE ("webster7")The google ads pay a % of their revenue
so if u click on the ads and surf its much better
its better to click one time and surf on it than just clicking and closing the window several times
its approx 3c per click i think

QUOTE ("Google Adsense Website")You can maximise your revenue potential by displaying Google ads on your website. Google puts relevant CPC (cost-per-click) and CPM (cost per thousand impressions) ads through the same auction, and lets them compete against one another. The auction takes place instantaneously, and, when it's over, AdSense automatically displays the text or image ad(s) that will generate the maximum revenue for a page -- and the maximum revenue for you.

Can someone translate?

that second part sounds like a brief, nonsensical, non-explanation of how google decides which ads to put up on the site.

From my understanding, Google pays both CPC and CPM. The second quote looks like it means that Google sees which one is higher, the CPC or the CPM, and lets them compete against eachother, therefor displaying the most costly adverstisements for your page (I think).

QUOTE (sasha @ Jul 28 2005, 04:43 AM)From my understanding, Google pays both CPC and CPM. The second quote looks like it means that Google sees which one is higher, the CPC or the CPM, and lets them compete against eachother, therefor displaying the most costly adverstisements for your page (I think).
yeah, thats sounds about right. google puts up to random ads one mite give you $0.05 where as the other may only give $0.03 and google "auctions" them, meaning that if four ppl clicked on the $0.03 one more that ad would stay cos it will make more money than the $0.05 ad which no one is interested in. hence why you always see the same ads up on the front page.
i think that you can click on ads more than once a day it would probably be more like every couple of hours you can click again.
then again only google themselves can tell us exactly wats going on.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back