Clan's/Guild's in FTV?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

How do you feel about having clan's/guild's in FTV

• Great idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea

• Don't care

• Don't know

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
Well, this idea hit me after playing a lot of MMO's. Why not have clan's in the forums? People can unite with eachother by joining a clan together.

Why do this?

Well, we can have clan battles lol or post battles I should say. Where the clan's try to win in some post event like who could write the best short story, or make the best avatar/sig, etc. And we can have like 3rd party judges decide who wins.

It can be a great way for the FTV members to make new friends and make visiting the site more fun.

We can have like a special section in the forums where people can post recruitment threads for their clan. We just need to make sure that not every single member makes their own clan lol, then we'd have a bunch of clans with 1 person in them.

I don't think it would be hard to make this happen, a mod could like make a special place where people can see other peoples clan name.

It all depend's on how the community feel's about the idea, I think it's pretty neat, but the mod's have got to help out in making this clan idea work, we need to make sure that not anyone can just enter a clan, there needs to be some kind of password or something that the clan master gives to people they want to recruit.

Ps. If this idea is givin a green light, I'd like to reserve the right to claim the name "Akatsuki" as my clan and I shall be clan master of it lol

Also, once a clan name is made no one else can copy it like in any other game.

eah, why not? i voted it as a great idea because i can actually see this as something that will get new memebers involved in the fourms more often and it seems fun. but i think a few basic rules maybe needed to make sure nothing happens in these clans/guilds and we may need the mods to keep a close eye on this for a while...

I dont see it happening on this type of forum unless the forum change a bit but I can see it happen on other forums. Plus best ava/sig we got those comp...less and less ppl joining...

This is simply a bad idea.

Reason:
There are already members teaming up against other people, i don't want to have that openly on the forum. Also the part where you say to have clans enter competitions that will never happen because almost nobody is entering them these days and you have never entered yourself. So if it where up to me i would ban this idea from the forum because it probably will only leed to more problems. Like clans fighting in threads it doesn't belong. We have had this in the past with the first AALS vs ALS war.

Hmm, with proper moderation and a set a ground rules, we might be able to avoid any kind of problems. Also I didn't intend to see this idea as a way for people to argue with eachother and disprupt the forums. But if you think this wont work well and will not help the forums, then so be it. And did FTV have clans in the past or something? Cause I was thinking of having a trial run at first to see how things go.

Ps. I never entered those comepetions cause I'm not that good in making sigs/avatars, plus I'm also lazy and there's a lack of a reward, that might be the reason for many others as well. Mabey the competions shouldn't be so limited in just making sigs/avatars, post-offs might be a funner one for all.

I simply agree with DoR on this one because of similar events occurring before. Even with ground rules and moderation, there's still the possibility of the members tackling each other regarding a debate, even if it was as simple as what anime is the best or what characters are the best.

Also, it seems to me that clans/guilds have to keep their own reputation on the line, and if they use the forums as their system of getting known, then of course I'm not for it.

I saw this thread the other day and was going to post a thought but I had a dispute with the ftv boo boo ghost... First off good job InuyashaX on trying to be creative & trying to bring some more fun to the forums
wink.gif
Though I knew right when I read it that this idea probably wouldn't get the backing you were hoping for. It just comes down the simple fact that the "clans" put a group of members in direct competition with each other causing many back and forths... you'll ultimately have a bunch of arguments between members and mods about what is and isn't spam... Can you imagine the tremendous migraine type headaches XD it would lose it's appeal really fast...

Wouldn't this be something like showing which fansub group you are from? To be honest with you guys I have no clue at all if this would work out. I mean don't we have some members doing the fansubs for certain anime series on these fourms as of now? I mean if that's the case don't we already have something like that on here?

Well you guy's make good arguments and I agree that this idea can result in bad consequences. But I just didn't think the members here would act that way lol I figure most people here are smart enough to not start pointless fights with other clans and disprupt the forums. Afterall, many people here don't double post, post in wrong thread and are nice citizens in the FTV community. The only people who could ruin this idea are well nubs lol or new members who don't know about the rules here. But ya, I don't mind if most mod's don't like this idea, you guys might be right:)

So we all agree on this.

lock_4.gif
lock_4.gif
Thread Closed
lock_4.gif
lock_4.gif

Send me a pm if you have a good reason to keep this thread open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back