Watch/Subscribe Icons

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Mins Echo

Kouhai
"cuz not everybody can remember a name that they do not understand in the first place"

A simple idea: add a pair of icons to the left of all titles listed on the site. One is an eyeball, the other is a ... I do not know, maybe someone can suggest something, but maybe like a mailbox. These will identify whether the title that follows is on one's watch list and/or subscribe list.
*icon only visible if title is on the relevent watch/subscribe list*

A simpler idea, just "subscribed" icons to the watchlist page, that way one can see which series (that one is watching) will be automaticly downloaded and which will not.
*in watch list, the watch icon is not be needed, since, by definition, all are being watched*

So, anyone like my little idea?
A sample, if you will, where I am just using smilies instead of more appropriate icons. Here, the cool-guy means watching and the love-guy means subscribed.
This is from my watch list.

on the my personalized watchlist...

Browse My Animes
wub.gif
AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission 1 files
wub.gif
Angel Heart 29 files
Asatte no Houkou 12 files
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto 26 files
Busou Renkin 26 files
wub.gif
Clannad 1 files

otherplaces...

Browse Anime
cool.gif
wub.gif
Claymore 7 files
Code Geass 6 files
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 23 files
cool.gif
D.Gray-man 32 files
cool.gif
wub.gif
El Cazador de la Bruja 6 files
Ghost Hunt 25 files

by the way, I am not online much during the week, so if someone wants to run with this idea, it might be better that you do not wait for my supplemental suggestions (that is, if you would out of politeness, or something)

cool.gif
I hope someone has fun with this idea!
biggrin.gif

Wait, are you saying you want to identify your subscribed animes or are you wanting to identify someone else's subscribed animes? I think the watchlist covers the second one, and for the first one, I'm not sure.

An icon next to each and every single anime name? Yeesh. I think maybe if you lower it to having a check mark symbol on JUST the ones you are watching if you have an account, that would be a little more reasonable.

From the wording of the post, I think we're talking about when you go to the "Full List of Anime" page, a little icon will appear beside any series you have already subscribed to in your watchlist. This way, when you're looking for new stuff, you won't waste time clicking on a series you're already downloading. You don't see series other people have subscribed to, only ones which you have. So it wouldn't be cluttered, unless you added every anime on the list!

This would be a really useful feature for people who use the site to download a lot, and forgot what they already have subscribed to.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ May 19 2007, 04:42 PM)From the wording of the post, I think we're talking about when you go to the "Full List of Anime" page, a little icon will appear beside any series you have already subscribed to in your watchlist. This way, when you're looking for new stuff, you won't waste time clicking on a series you're already downloading. You don't see series other people have subscribed to, only ones which you have. So it wouldn't be cluttered, unless you added every anime on the list!

This would be a really useful feature for people who use the site to download a lot, and forgot what they already have subscribed to.
Exactly!
biggrin.gif

Hmm. Then it would be nice for less confusion, wouldn't it?

I think checking it or changing the color of the subscribed series links is another color, differing from others.

Well this gives me a little idea. Since FTV is accumulating all sorts of statistical data on what shows people are watching, why not put it to a more "suggestive" use. If there were a cross referenced recommendation system, say taking into effect all the series you are watching, their genre, and placing that data against the community, identifying common likes and dislikes, it could become a powerful reccomendation tool.

This might violate the FTV's philosophy against having outrageously blatant anything, but at the same time it may integrate a valuable feature to people who can not easily identify what t they wish to view from just screenshots and rather uninformative summarys, that are often not available anyway.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back