Why Is It That You Live For?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

scar_ishbalan

-san
Kouhai
What I´m asking here is why do you think you´re here, in the universe. What does the life represents for you, and why do you think humans are there.

Myself: I think life is a very special thing, but we´re only a little part of mankind. Like cells to the body. A man can decide to be important, to just live, to live for love, pleasure, joy, etc. And in the end every life is important for the future...

...important and at the same time not, because when I die all my joy and saddness, expierences ad everythin will be nothing, unless i´m the best at something or a leader, so i guess i should put all my efforts on being the best at everythng i do.

And about man and the universe... I think universe are the "rules" and if man want to be eternal he must understand every riddle the universe has, and at leat we have a long long time...

This is not everything I think about this topic, but I wouldn´t want to bore you on the first post
tongue.gif
So what do you people think about it?

I guess that I believe in every moment I am trapped in a moment within wich both life and death are inexorably linked, so that the difference between living and dying are in no way clear and one is essentially the other. In other words, in every moment I am living and i am dying and living means that I am dying at that very moment and dying means that in that moment I am still alive. Beyond that Isimply try to make my life/death worthwhile. I try to live up to and in some way or another an embodiment of the values and ideals I feel are worth dying for. I don't know how much time i got, and i don't know what oppurtunities will strike me moment to moment, but I'm going to do the best with what I got. I hope to one day, if possible, die for what i believe in and perhaps pass on thse ideals in others.

What ideals might you ask? Kindness in the face of adversity,humilty, honor above self gain, integrity despite the cost, life throught death in that even when all is lost, hope can be born anew.

Sounds really cheesey and idealistic and an infantile dream, but try living up to it and be wiling to bleed for it and you'll change your opinion.

When you start out in life, living's all you got to barter with so you should make sure it's a damn good trade your making while you're spending it.

IMHO life exists for chance...I mean, even viruses exist, but are they alive? Or each animal...
Is their life different from ours?

I'd say that we live to gain more and more joy. But if u have no joy, are u alive?

Is a life more important than another one? Or are they all the same?

maybe there are not many lives, but there's only THE life...each living thing is a manifestation of this big entity...

And what happens when u leave this life? Are u going to live another type of life or ...?

Nice topic, this is going to be really....thoughtful
smile.gif

the art of living .. striving thru hardships at every turn always repressed always on the brink of insanity. always, always striving for connection coersion. seeking the moment when u find happiness.. futile or worth striving for we live on.. to die is an easy option but if your alive if your reading this then that means your fighting.. why do we exist why are we hear.. to live .. but not to live for this or for that but just to live.. reproduce and die.. and some dont even reproduce.. simple anuf the awnser is to Live. what u do from there is totally up to u..... no restrictions no rules because there is no rule made bye man nor god nor beast that u cant decide to go against. and do what u like... srry but thats all i have.. hope it helps.... john

well for what ever reason we are here for we should make the most out of the time we are here. Thats my plan to do as much and have as much fun as i can.
But i do feel as tho there is something i should be doing but dont know what so until then I'll have as much fun as i can.

life in it's basic simplicity is to exist. to live, to reproduce, then to die. i think humans have come up with the idea that life is more than that. that we are somehow very special, that God has chosen only us to be his supreme beings.

i am not an atheist, but i do believe that we might not be God's supreme creation, there might be an even more supreme creation than us out there. i think life is what you want it to be. meaning that if you think life is just exsisting, then that is life. if you think that life is finding happiness, then that is life. if you believe that life is achieving sucess, then that is life.

i don't think there is one definite answer to this question, b/c the reason for us to live is based on an individual's opinion. there is no right or wrong answer, what ever you believe life to be, is what it is.

i believe that life is finding the perfect equilibrium, and finding what makes me happy...truly happy...that's life, one without regret, but that's too idealistic to say, b/c everyone will die with regrets, it's just the way it is.

To live is to Die, To Die is to have lived, while some may view deaths as the end, it is mearly the next step on the path of Enlightenment. While many also argue that Life Itself is a Branching path full of choices and desicions, it is not, it is mearly a colection of actions leading up to the point of our deaths. The only true purpose in our lives is to die, nothing more, nothing less

I live to take down the walls of darkness scarring our very souls.. theres gotta be a hidden reason between the most asked question "What is the meaning of life?"
Lets break it down now!
What is the meaning:what does it mean
of life:
The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
The interval of time between one's birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
A particular segment of one's life: my adolescent life.
The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.
The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.
A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.
An account of a person's life; a biography.
Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.

A manner of living: led a hard life.
A specific, characteristic manner of existence. Used of inanimate objects: “Great institutions seem to have a life of their own, independent of those who run them” (New Republic).
The activities and interests of a particular area or realm: musical life in New York.

A source of vitality; an animating force: She's the life of the show.
Liveliness or vitality; animation: a face that is full of life.

Something that actually exists regarded as a subject for an artist: painted from life.
Actual environment or reality; nature.

QUOTE (xxanime_junkyxx @ Sep 17 2006, 04:52 PM) life in it's basic simplicity is to exist. to live, to reproduce, then to die. i think humans have come up with the idea that life is more than that. that we are somehow very special, that God has chosen only us to be his supreme beings.

i am not an atheist, but i do believe that we might not be God's supreme creation, there might be an even more supreme creation than us out there. i think life is what you want it to be. meaning that if you think life is just exsisting, then that is life. if you think that life is finding happiness, then that is life. if you believe that life is achieving sucess, then that is life.

i don't think there is one definite answer to this question, b/c the reason for us to live is based on an individual's opinion. there is no right or wrong answer, what ever you believe life to be, is what it is.

i believe that life is finding the perfect equilibrium, and finding what makes me happy...truly happy...that's life, one without regret, but that's too idealistic to say, b/c everyone will die with regrets, it's just the way it is.
I totally agree with, life is what you want it to be and also the rest of ur post damn!! Let me geuss u an A student at school cuase to write something like this takes some real thought.With that said i guess i can't post anything in this thread you've gone and spoilt the fun by saying those true words in my opinion.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

QUOTE (zatoichi @ Oct 06 2006, 09:41 AM) I totally agree with, life is what you want it to be and also the rest of ur post damn!! Let me geuss u an A student at school cuase to write something like this takes some real thought.With that said i guess i can't post anything in this thread you've gone and spoilt the fun by saying those true words in my opinion.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

ha ha! heyy i was just voicing my opinion...im sure there are people out there who think of life differently than i do!
laugh.gif

I live because there is something I have to do first. Until then, I must not die nor journey on the wrong path. I must stick to my current destiny and follow it through until my mission is complete.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Oct 08 2006, 08:50 PM) I live because there is something I have to do first. Until then, I must not die nor journey on the wrong path. I must stick to my current destiny and follow it through until my mission is complete.
whoa, that's a pretty good reason for living..just for a minute you sounded like sasuke from naruto...ha....(no offense or anything)....at least you have a reason for living, im just sitting here unsure of why God has put me here in the first place!

was thinking about that last night while driving, when you are going for long hours on the road, you tend to think about these things. why am i here? what is the point of being here at this moment? there are so many human lives out there....why? i dunno...life's just weird!

We need an emo kid to post here lol, I'm curious as to what their answer is:)

I live because i am not ready to die.

I live because DeathScyte still didnt catch me
biggrin.gif
Seriously, its kind of a harsh question. I guess its day after day thing... I live because I'm destined to become member of society... and I live for anime
biggrin.gif

i live, because due to my humanity, death is a scary concept.
i live, because i love my girlfriend, and last but not least...
i live, because i haven't been able to play halo 3 yet!

QUOTE I live because i am not ready to die.

A lot of people who die aren't ready for it, let alone have time to think about why they are going to die.

Its one thing to say why you WANT to live( what you live for ), but is another to say why you are alive. A reason to live isn't always enough to keep you alive though, unfortunately.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back