Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
kannagicp2rh6.jpg

Title: Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens
Japanese Title: かんなぎ
Genre: Supernatural, Drama, Comedy, Romance, a tiny HAREM
Premier: October 2008
Director: Yutaka Yamamoto
Original creator: Eri Takenashi
Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures Inc.
Production: Aniplex
Production Assistance: Ordet
Series Composition: Hideyuki Kurata
Screenplay: Hideyuki Kurata
Music: Satoru Kousaki
Character Design: Kakeru Mima
Art director: Atsushi Morikawa
Chief Animation Director: Satoshi Kadowaki
Director of Photography: Takeshi Hirooka
Official Websites:

1.) http://www.nagisama-fc.com/anime/index.html
2.) http://www.a1p.jp/works/works_kannagi.html

Cast:

Haruka Tomatsu as Nagi
Hiro Shimono as Jin Mikuriya
Kana Hanazawa as Hakua Suzushiro & Zange
Mai Nakahara as Shino Ookouchi
Miyuki Sawashiro as Tsugumi Aoba
Risa Hayamizu as Takako Kimura
Takanori Hoshino as Daitetsu Hibiki
Tetsuya Kakihara as Meguru Akiba

07170004aj1.jpg
07178946yk6.jpg
07188330hu8.jpg
47580608511qi7.jpg

Plot:

Our unlucky protagonist, Jin, uses the trunk of a sacred tree to carve a statue for a school project. When he takes it outside, to his surprise it begins absorbing the surrounding earth and transforms into, hold your breath on this one, a girl! So like all similar setups this guardian deity is pretty pissed that her tree was cut down and lives with Jin while she takes out her anger on squashing bugs....er, cleaning the "Impurities".

(~from BAKA-Updates~)

Pictures:

Wallpapers:

My Thoughts:

I'm not going to spoil anything for you guys but the manga is awesome and just literally screams out MOE~~!!!! XD

works_kannagi.jpg

count me in, its great to see that the characters look exactly the same as they did in the manga (you know how they sometimes change looks when they get animated...?) anyway i'm off to carve me a tree
wink.gif

It seems like i might still have hope in getting a girl.

Well i tihnk i might just pick up the manga and find out what all this is about because the plot has actually piqued my interest.

Now to go find a good tree~~

Just saw episode 1, and I can actually say that I somewhat enjoyed it. I loved how they played off typical shounen rom/com themes like when he was trying to see if she remembered him when he caught the spider (impurity?), and she was completely aloof.

That said, I'm sad that this decent rom/com will be haremized. Hopefully it will still maintain its steam with more than just Nagi/Tsugumi in the picture.

I just watched episode 01 and I really liked it....I think I like it better than Akane-iro and Toradora. Unfortunately, its apparently going to be only 13 episodes but I guess the reason is because there's only 4 volumes to the manga. Apparently, its not a romance series but I'm gonna find out if it is or not, since the manga is scanlated up to Volume 2 Chapter 10...I'm about to read it now.
rolleyes.gif

I like the OP and ED for this series and ever since Haruhi....there's been a lot of series with either their OP or ED having dancing scenes such as this series, Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Nogizaka Haruko no Himitsu are all examples.
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Ok after hearing about this and kind of having a weekeness to shirne maidens I'll give this one a shot as well once I see episode one around here of course.

happy.gif
Really cute, I will continua to watch this series and see how it all pans out, hopefully good. I just hope it does not turn into some super pervert anime. Only time will tell.

I'm sure there will be a few points of fanservice, but this shouldn't be like r+v was. I liked the op, and I'm pretty happy with the voices. It started off well for me.

episode one was really impressive, i don't know why i've seen a few people (only a few) say it has too much fanservic; thats utter bs~! anyway it has its shining moments and the animation is done really well (movement ect), i'll keep watching this one, it seems to be very promising especially since it follows its manga counterpart well but also has some of its own "anime only" material
biggrin.gif

P.S: i think the OP wins the best OP animation of the year category, they really took their time with it; it gave off a SnH feeling (just remembered what this show reminded me of!)

The first episode impressed me too. This is harem so I'm still skeptical but I'll keep up with this, I wasn't even interested at first.

From the obvious likenesses I also liked the ambiance feel it has which reminds me of Sketch Book yet again
biggrin.gif
. The OP animation is indeed very lifelike because Yutaka Yamamoto (former Lucky Star director) is directing so that is a big +. I may not like the OP song right now but I have a feeling it'll grow on me.

I'm also fine with some light fanservice.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 05 2008, 04:01 PM) I just watched episode 01 and I really liked it....I think I like it better than Akane-iro and Toradora. Unfortunately, its apparently going to be only 13 episodes but I guess the reason is because there's only 4 volumes to the manga. Apparently, its not a romance series but I'm gonna find out if it is or not, since the manga is scanlated up to Volume 2 Chapter 10...I'm about to read it now.
rolleyes.gif

I like the OP and ED for this series and ever since Haruhi....there's been a lot of series with either their OP or ED having dancing scenes such as this series, Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Nogizaka Haruko no Himitsu are all examples.
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

I agree with you, JCD. I like this show alot. The OP was very unique compared to other series' openings and I like it. I don't know, but there's something about Nagi that makes me want to watch the show even more. It's probably because she's really funny and cute. I can't wait to see what will happen next!

I liked it. Though different, it did a good job of adapting the manga and wasn't anywhere near the complete mauling Linebarrels was. I really think that Crazy Shrine Maidens name is a huge mislead, though. Perhaps a bad translation was made somewhere? Anyway, it's funny and well done so far so I'm looking forward to the rest. I don't think it;s going to become an all-time favorite but it should be an amusing diversion for a while.

This anime is likely to be one of the best this season. This is the first anime that Yutaka Yamamoto directing, after he got fired from Kyoto Animation for 'not delivering the expected quality' after the first 4 episodes of Lucky Star. Now if I'm not mistaken, this is the first anime by his newly founded company, and he would most likely throw everything he got, and this anime is like a 'return match' from his previous 'defeat'.

May be later on in this series, we will see a new dance sequence following the Haruhi and Lucky Star dances that were directed by him
laugh.gif

Well i just finished watchng the first episode of Kannagi and i am over joyed at how well it went down. My first impressions of this were hmm i dont know but as soon as the OP came on i loved the music and the bit of background at the start they were both amazingly good.

Well as for Nagi she's completet adorable, the way she looks kinda reminds me of Rika_chan especialy her hair style so thats always a plus for me. Her sense of humour is so rubbish that it makes you laugh. "oh thats a good pun"XD.

Jin he seems like he's still in shock from it all which is kind of cool how he never just found out who she was and that was it over, makes it feel more like real life this way.

Well i wont ranble on about it so i guess i afree with Marine in saying thats its likely to be one of the best this season. Cant wait for next weeks episode.

I've been reading the manga to confirm whether it has romance or not. The manga has only been scanlated up to chapter 10. So here's my answer for now....its a very very slow romance series, which builds up character development.....the romance at the moment borders on friendship at the moment with both Tsugumi with a crush on Jin and Hakua with an evener bigger crush for Jin as well. ----> However, it seems that Jin is slowing developing feelings for Nagi at the moment and I think Nagi might have some as well but doesn't realise it yet because she's too focused in getting her divine powers back and the whole cutting the sacred tree thing.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Well thats my opinion at the moment....I really wanna read more of this manga....the intermission chapter 10+....I'm getting it off a torrent at the moment.
rolleyes.gif

Ahhhh...I got to wait another 4 more days for episode 02....SUCKS!! X_X

It would have been so easy to see Nagi turn out to be yet another tsundere. I thought it was refreshing to see her being somewhat kind to Jin, instead of treating him like a servant. She isn't all over him either. Jin was willing to tell her the rules and enforce them, which was also kind of nice. I hope it stays like this, and doesn't turn into another harem comedy.

QUOTE (chickenwing71x @ Oct 07 2008, 02:32 PM) It would have been so easy to see Nagi turn out to be yet another tsundere. I thought it was refreshing to see her being somewhat kind to Jin, instead of treating him like a servant. She isn't all over him either. Jin was willing to tell her the rules and enforce them, which was also kind of nice. I hope it stays like this, and doesn't turn into another harem comedy.
Yeah Jin occasionally tells Nagi off and hits her with things such as a pillow as well as doing a chop on her head I think.....which makes it seem more flowing. This won't turn into a harem...its just a love polygon but its not like a harem where the girls are all trying to get more "skinship" than the other and the manga in my eyes, virtually contains no ecchi.
rolleyes.gif

Ok i just watch the first episode, and i am really hooked up, this show is interesting so far, so im gonna keep watching it, Nagi is soooo adorable, and good thing she's not the tsundere type of girl, but im having a doubt because 2 times she kick jin, when they went to the shrine and nagi found out about the sacred tree being cut down

I gonna continue this show, i believe this will be fun!!

The show is rather interesting...it follows the manga rather throughly thus far....though I feel as if Nagi's appearence isn't as appealing for some reason... Can't wait for them to show Zange!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back