The Nintendo DS Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

biankita

-dono
Retired
I noticed that there's no NDS thread in this site... (I hope there are other people who play so I won't be the only person here...
happy.gif
)

Anyway, I just got my DS a couple of weeks ago and other than games that friends play on our DS parties, I really don't have a clue what other games to get. Since I didn't see a Game Recommendation Thread, I hope everyone here can discuss cheats, new games, old games and everything else...

Anyway, I'm currently playing:
- Cooking Mama
- Cooking Mama 2
- Mario Kart
- Mario Party
- Nodame Cantabile

I'm still looking for good recommendations.

QUOTE (biankita @ Mar 02 2008, 08:23 PM) I noticed that there's no NDS thread in this site... (I hope there are other people who play so I won't be the only person here...
happy.gif
)

Anyway, I just got my DS a couple of weeks ago and other than games that friends play on our DS parties, I really don't have a clue what other games to get. Since I didn't see a Game Recommendation Thread, I hope everyone here can discuss cheats, new games, old games and everything else...

Anyway, I'm currently playing:
- Cooking Mama
- Cooking Mama 2
- Mario Kart
- Mario Party
- Nodame Cantabile

I'm still looking for good recommendations.
I have a DS, but only 2 games: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
tongue.gif

I plan on getting Final Fantasy XII and Fire Emblem DS when it comes out.

A Fire Emblem DS game would be awesome. My favorites would be

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Pokemon Diamond

I still want to get Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. It uses the stylus a lot more than Portrait of Ruin, which doesn't really use it at all actually.
I played Phantom Hourglass so much though when I bought it. The controls seem weird at first since everything is done with the stylus, but it's pretty easy to get use to it and soon becomes very fun. A lot more fun than it would be with just the D-Pad.
Advanced Wars is just a great tactical game that I've played since the i got the first one for GBA. The first AW DS game is good, but I like the darker, grittier story so far of Days of Ruin.

I've got the DS, but I don't really play the DS games so much. Mostly play my GBA games (Fire Emblem, Kirby, Golden Sun I & II). I own Mario Kart, Pokemon Pearl, and Wario Ware Touched!. When/if a DS Fire Emblem is released, I'll buy it straight away though cause Fire Emblem = awesomeness.

Also kinda looking forward to FF XII and FF IV. I've heard that Phoenix Wright is an amazing play, but I've never gotten around to buying it...never really caught my interest all that well...

If eveyrone would post their friend codes for the Pokemon games, that'd be helpful
tongue.gif

@dchaosblade: the Fire Emblem for the DS is suppose to be the remake of the very first Fire Emblem game (aka the one adapted into the anime OVA). Phoenix Wright is plain hilarious. It's a great game for laughs. Too bad my budget for games is somewhat limited.

I can't get a friend code on my pearl sadly, due to something about my router or something...pity really, Pearl got boring after i pal parked all my lvl 100s over >_>
i can't get one of those usb plugs that configure your router to work with the DS, but does anyone know if its still possible to do it manually somehow?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 03 2008, 02:17 AM) If eveyrone would post their friend codes for the Pokemon games, that'd be helpful
tongue.gif

@dchaosblade: the Fire Emblem for the DS is suppose to be the remake of the very first Fire Emblem game (aka the one adapted into the anime OVA). Phoenix Wright is plain hilarious. It's a great game for laughs. Too bad my budget for games is somewhat limited.
haha I wouldn't mind posting but how to find the friends codes? don't have much experience with online on my DS.

Well as kit said phoenix wright series is amazing, the whole reason I got a DS in the first place. Comedy + Lawyer + anime = winner ^^.

Just a list of games I own for DS:

All Phoenix Wright Series (US so far): Ace Attourney -> Justice for All -> Trials and Tribulations -> Apollo Justice
Pokemon Pearl
Luminous Arc - great except the occassional lag
Hotel Dusk Room 215

Right now a bit confused/bored in pokemon pearl as to what to build/raise.

QUOTE (blckdemondrgn @ Mar 03 2008, 12:09 AM) haha I wouldn't mind posting but how to find the friends codes? don't have much experience with online on my DS.
Friend Code is found in your Pal Pad Key Item. If you don't have it, go downstairs in the Pokemon Center and talk to the first girl at the counter she should give you the item.

QUOTE (Gumaster @ Mar 02 2008, 11:11 PM)I can't get a friend code on my pearl sadly, due to something about my router or something...pity really, Pearl got boring after i pal parked all my lvl 100s over >_>
i can't get one of those usb plugs that configure your router to work with the DS, but does anyone know if its still possible to do it manually somehow?

Did you ever try looking at the FAQs on Nintendo's website? You can configure your settings manually. It's usually at or after the title screen of the game and just hit "Nintendo WFC Settings" or something like that to set up your wireless settings. There is a manual setup option.

Has anyone played JUMP Ultimate Stars? Its a really good imported fighting game containing characters from all various types of manga series that are/were in the Shonen Jump magazines. Its a fun DS game, definitely worth buying.

Haven't played it in awhile though. It also online capability as well. Other than that game the other DS games I play are:

Mario Kart
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Bleach DS 2nd: Kokui Hirameku Requiem(Another Import)

Used to play Pokemon Pearl, Diamond and Yugioh WC2008, but I gave those games to my cousin.

yep, i've tried that, but i either didn't understand it, or couldn't find what i was looking for. on that note, has anyone ever seen the online trading for pokemon pearl/diamond? i heard it was just....a complete failure. lvl 15 bidoof for lvl 100 palkia plxxxxxxx times 9000

QUOTE (Gumaster @ Mar 03 2008, 07:35 PM) yep, i've tried that, but i either didn't understand it, or couldn't find what i was looking for. on that note, has anyone ever seen the online trading for pokemon pearl/diamond? i heard it was just....a complete failure. lvl 15 bidoof for lvl 100 palkia plxxxxxxx times 9000
Actually I've been on it recently and it's quite successful. Just need patience to find what you're looking for and "good" and legit offers. There are some ridiculous offers, but often the trades are reasonable.

(this is turning into a pokemon thread >_>)
How are the online battles then? Where you download a team for the battle tower...I thought that there would be the incredibly weak pokemon sent in by 8year olds, and then the incredibly perfectly trained pokemon sent in by more advanced players

Well, I've never played the Pokemon games... It never really came up in my friend battle games.

One thing I'd like to recommend though it s Bomberman. It's one of the best games to play -- especially if there're 8 of you in the DS Party. The goal is generally to be the last bomber standing by killing all your friends off. The fun factor there for us is to let non-DS owners participate by letting the first one out to give it to someone. It's fun because you'd rotate it and you appear randomly that the first few seconds of it is figuring out which one you are.

By the way, I just started playing Pacman World 3... Is it just me or does it remind you of watching Cloverfield??? Especially with the weird camera angles and the weirdo enemies you have...

QUOTE (biankita @ Mar 06 2008, 05:53 AM) One thing I'd like to recommend though it s Bomberman. It's one of the best games to play -- especially if there're 8 of you in the DS Party. The goal is generally to be the last bomber standing by killing all your friends off. The fun factor there for us is to let non-DS owners participate by letting the first one out to give it to someone. It's fun because you'd rotate it and you appear randomly that the first few seconds of it is figuring out which one you are.
I <3 Bomberman, especially the original ones back on the SNES. It's just one of those quick multiplayer and entertaining games.
tongue.gif

DS here <3. It is broken though. I got a couple games mainly...rpg. Yes. I'm an rpg fan. <3 I plan on getting Atelier Lise and From the Abyss pretty soon. I also want that Nintendo DS Silver.

I've compiled a list of games that i highly recommend..

Text Adventure: Hotel Dusk, trace memory, every ace attourny game

Action adventure: Zelda, lego star wars (although it is way too easy)

RPG: Final Fantasy 3 (could be a little bit harder) and if you are a pokemon master like me then Diamond or Pearl or both is an absolute must..

Puzzles: Professor Layton and the curious village (also adventure) and i heard puzzle quest was good, though i've never tried it...and of course, TETRIS!

Mindless shooters: Geometry wars

Fighting: Bleach DS 2nd Kokui Hirameku Requiem (In Japanese) but you can also play the first one which is out in english

Racing: Mario Kart

Rhythm: Elite Beat agents and its japanese equivalent, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and the 2nd game Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

QUOTE (nyammy_kumi @ Mar 29 2008, 12:19 AM) Hello there.

Can anyone please suggest a good rpg game???
Sadly not to many good rpg games are for the DS I must say. Though there is Finaly Fantasy 3 and other Finaly Fantasy that are for the game boy advance. Other than that only RPGs that I play are Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of fates and Luminous Arc.

If Somabringer ever comes to America that would be a great realy time RPG. Hopefully it will play a lot better than Final Fantasy Crystal...

Not to brag guys, but i bought an R4, so i can download and play any NDS Rom on my DS exactly as if i had the real cartridge.

So i downloaded a ton of games, and im playing one by one. Just finished Zelda and Cooking mama 2. So im currently playing Bleach: Blade of Fate, and its pretty cool, a very decent Fighter for a hand held.

So what im getting at, other than bragging, is that it sucks playing online to strangers, that i cant communicate to, so i was wondering if we could setup an Online gaming community for NDS, we could use Ventrilo to voice chat or anything else, just so we can communicate and have a better online gaming experience.

Oh and also, i just downloaded "The World Ends With You" which is supposed to be a far than Decent RPG from Square Enix. It scored a 9.0 in gamespot, and its no. 1 on the NDS list.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back