Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (aka Denyuden)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (The Legend of Legendary Heroes or Denyuden)
Japanese Title: 伝説の勇者の伝説
Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Romance, MAHOU, WAR
Premier: 1st July 2010
Animation Studio: ZEXCS
Director: Itsuro Kawasaki
Series Composition: Kiyoko Yoshimura
Original Creator: Takaya Kagami
Original Character Design: Saori Toyota
Character Design: Noriko Shimazawa
Production: Fujimi Shobo
Official Websites:

1.) http://www.denyuden.jp/
2.) http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/denyuden/

Basic Info:

The anime series is based on the light novel series by Kagami Takaya with illustrations by Toyota Saori and will be 26 episodes.

Opening Theme: "LAMENT ~Yagate Yorokobi wo~ (LAMENT ~やがて喜びを~)" by Aira Yuki
Ending Theme: "Truth Of My Destiny" by Ceui

Cast:

Ayahi Takagaki as Feris Eris
Daisuke Ono as Shion Astarl
Jun Fukuyama as Lyner Lute
Atsushi Imaruoka as Kurau Chrome
Ayana Taketatsu as Ethrina Forkle
Fuyuka Oura as Kifa Knowles
Junichi Suwabe as Milan Froward
Mikako Takahashi as Noah En
Miyuki Sawashiro as Carne Kywell
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Lilay Wrinkle
Saki Fujita as Milk Colored
Satoshi Hino as Luke Stockart
Tomokazu Sugita as Lucille Eris
Tomosa Murata as Iris Eris
Yasunori Masutani as Rachel Miller

Plot:

Ryner Lute is a lazy student of Roland Empire Royal Magician's school. One day, Roland Empire goes to war against a neighboring country Estaboole, and he lost his classmates in the battle. After the war, Lute sets out for a journey to search the relics of a "Legendary Hero" at Emperor Sion Astal's command. And he finds out that a deadly curse is spreading through the continent.

(~from ANN~)

My Thoughts:

This looks like it will be an enjoyable anime with good music.
rolleyes.gif

As long as they don't spend half the series on crappy fillers this anime could be a hit. I actually like these type of adventure/fantasy stories; yet I'll need an episode to see if it's even worth trying.

Judging from the preview video I saw I would say its going in the direction of action combined with fun.
looking forward to it if its done right and not like The sacred Blacksmith.

Ok, I watched the first episode... I'll make this simple since there is simply too much to ponder on in this one.

There is a lot of fantasy play going on here: magic, demons, gore, comedy, mysterious pasts, lost friendships and the list goes on. Basically, if you enjoy an all out fantasy adventure then pick this one up; if you don't, then don't even bother watching the first episode.

Well can you tell me who's subbing this, or am I gonna have to play the it's licensed game?

I really would like to watch it, always a fan of the fantasy stuff.

yeah for me as well is it known if anyone will sub this or will i have to search for it somewhere that steams it..... if no one subs this ill likely end up not watching it which is a pity cause this one seemed real interesting since i like the whole fantasy thing

QUOTE (Chooie @ Jul 05 2010, 09:25 AM)yeah for me as well is it known if anyone will sub this or will i have to search for it somewhere that steams it..... if no one subs this ill likely end up not watching it which is a pity cause this one seemed real interesting since i like the whole fantasy thing

There is a group that is subbing: Guess.
It was a nice first episode. It sure can make a good fantasy series if they can keep this up
smile.gif
. Second episode please
biggrin.gif

RAWR!! urge to kill the internet is rising!!

A really good ep. I like how they mix action and politics with a bit of fun. And the story seems to be pretty interesting too. I hope it stays like that.

The characters are all interesting and everyone seems to have been through sad times in the past.
Best character is Ferris. I like her easygoingness and kickassattitude. But its really unrealistic that she can sheathe and unsheathe such a sword XD

@accipiter: They are ok. Timing isnt perfect and they dont translate the townnames but except that its ok. Better as nothing. At least I havent found spelling mistakes and the things they wrote does sound right and not trolling.

Fantasy story + comedy = bad combination. Or at least not my cup of tea this time around. I lost interest at around the time the OP ended, and didn't regain any during the episode. Everything is just so stereotypical, it's almost like watching a rerun of some show you can't quite remember but you know you've seen before. Dropped on ep. 1, definitely.

@AccipiterF1: the subs are quite cancerous, just DL the RAW if you can, because I found myself relying on the Japanese text more than subs. Although most of the petty talk during the ep was translated within the decency norms, the whole world-setting intro before the OP was pretty much wrong.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 05 2010, 11:34 PM) Fantasy story + comedy = bad combination. Or at least not my cup of tea this time around. I lost interest at around the time the OP ended, and didn't regain any during the episode. Everything is just so stereotypical, it's almost like watching a rerun of some show you can't quite remember but you know you've seen before. Dropped on ep. 1, definitely.

@AccipiterF1: the subs are quite cancerous, just DL the RAW if you can, because I found myself relying on the Japanese text more than subs. Although most of the petty talk during the ep was translated within the decency norms, the whole world-setting intro before the OP was pretty much wrong.
^ Well, after reading your take on this one, I ain't gonna bother. It has been a while since a good fantasy series has made its debut and it looks like it is still gonna be a while...ah well.
wink.gif

It might get better, supposedly it's based of some sort of popular novel and not a game for a change. But no, it's nothing like Guin Saga if that's what you're looking for.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 06 2010, 12:06 AM) It might get better, supposedly it's based of some sort of popular novel and not a game for a change. But no, it's nothing like Guin Saga if that's what you're looking for.
Guin Saga was excellent, imo. Too bad, we won't see a continuation of that one. I ain't wasting time on "it might get better" since I did that with Sacred Blacksmith and was very disappointed...no thanks.
wink.gif

Aww, Guin Saga... <3
I ended up wasting my time on Sacred Blacksmith and I too was very disappointed. It really does look like it'll be like that... I won't be bothering with this either. >_<

EDIT:

I take back everything I said. However, I WILL say that Guesses subs are AIDS. Yes, AIDS. They can take a person's perception of a show from a 5 down to a 1. Yes, thats how bad they were. DO NOT use them. The translations were so bad that they got entire plot points wrong, the font makes your eyes bleed, and even the encoding makes you wonder whether you're watching an anime or kindergarten drawings.

It isn't so bad now that there are some subs that make sense. There's still a bit of jumping around, but I'd definitely put it in Average fantasy so far rather than giving it the Failboat of the Decade award. Not as bad as badsmith, but not as good as Regios. Oh, and don't use Guess subs.

Did I mention don't use Guess subs?

Well, glad I waited for another release. It's pretty good, the animation is nice, I really like Ferris and the voice cast is top notch. The story? Well, so far derivative is about the nicest thing I can say for it, but it's not doing a bad job of being like many things I've seen before. Chrome Shelled Regios, World Destruction, Tower of Druaga and Sacred Blacksmith are all things that come to mind while watching this, none of them particular great nor particularly awful either. It almost makes me want to watch this for the sole reason of finding out if someone can actually make a show like this work. In any case, I'm going to watch the second episode now.

Second ep was good again.
Seems like we will be in the past for some time to get to know the characters better.

Judging from the preview there will be hard times coming for our heroes, like Kiefer getting raped or Ryner getting tortured. I wonder how it will play out and if the anime gets really dark or if it gets like Bleach and Naruto with no one on the good sied dying.

But whats with the names? I mean "Kiefer Knolles"? Come on, how can you name someone like that, especially if its wrong german -.-

OMG a decent subbing team behind it makes this anime go from "ehh alright." to "Wow it makes sense." and "I might care when they kill off all the extra school kids." definitely much better then the last anime I watch that had a daimaou in it (Ichiban((of course this one had an alright beginning too)))

QUOTE Regios

Considering that I thought Regios was the essence of boring mediocrity and dropped it around ep. 15, I'll probably be skipping out on this show.

The subs for ep1 were cancerous indeed, as I mentioned, but thankfully I can do as well with subs as I can without.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back