Create a Fansub.TV Blog!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

daft27

-nya
Retired
Fansub.TV Blogs
CODE This service has completed alpha testing and is now entering beta phase.

To see if you qualify, make sure you are logged into the site and use the URL below.
  • If your signup is rejected, you will be returned back to the main site. Try to log out of your account and log back in. If that doesn't work, feel free to come back and try again at a later time!
  • If you are accepted, you will be asked for the desired URL and title for your new blog.
To create your blog, click the link below:
http://blog.fansub.tv/wp-signup.php?hyper=44

Let us know what you think about this new feature. Any opinions / suggestions would be great, thanks!

screenshot.gif

I think it's a good idea, I've been trying to get more of my friends to check out the site and it'd make life so much easier to be able to direct them towards a blog
cool.gif

Also, I'd like to be able to help the site and as I have no particular usuable skills this will help me feel like I'm actually helping out
biggrin.gif

what can I say, it's pretty darn good
it's easy enough to use, already made a blog and some entries (go check it out
tongue.gif
)

I think it is useful for people to get to know each other more than on the boards
it might be useful to have the latest post somewhere on the front page (dunno where, as it's already rather crowded XD)
might get more people into visiting the blogs there
but then again most people come here for the anime, so some reviews for animes might be in handy to be put in some blogs

iono, my 5 cents on the matter so far
happy.gif

Yay for blogging!! I'm already making use of it - and this is actually my first time to ever do anything like this. I'm still learning as I go along, but I'm getting the hang of it
happy.gif

I do have a quick comment though: none of the available themes have auto-resize based on the size of the browser window - they all keep everything the exact same size no matter how big or small a window/resolution you have. This is good in some cases (less formatting issues I guess?), but is kind of annoying because at least when I view the blogs, there's a HUGE area of gray space to both sides that has nothing in it. Makes the page seem rather boring and empty. I'd rather have the text extend from the far left till the column on the far right, and have it all adjust as you make the page smaller/larger.
It also causes problems with images, because the theme attempts to resize images that are too wide for it's column, but doesn't do so proportionately. It only resizes the width automatically, not the height, so the image looks all crappy and stuff.

Anyway, point is, will other themes become available over time - specifically themes that are a little more friendly to larger resolutions or that allow for auto-adjustments based on the size? I know that the coding can be done...

There is one theme that I've seen that stretches to fit the browser. You can take a look at kornfreak's blog @ http://blog.fansub.tv/kornfreak/. I think the theme he's using is called "manja". It looks good on wider browsers, but when you pull the size down... the test image sort of moves into the sidebar area. You might be able to edit the CSS styles a bit to make it resize as you wish - that's what I had to do to make the Spring for Fansub.TV theme.

Is there anyone who can post some simple CCS tutorials? (Well, if it's anything like LJ I know it's a lot more complicated than that). But just like, changing page background colours on set themes (I don't want patterns, just ... white!) or switching out the headers, things like that. Actually, I think I've seen the header option on a few styles so that might not be a problem. I've edited existing CCS code before, but don't know how to go from scratch.

I managed to get a theme that looks decent - though I think I'm going to modify the CSS to change the background color (I prefer darker backgrounds over the bright white ones like mine currently has). Well, maybe I'll fix it up soon.
BTW, if anyone is interested, I'm currently set to the theme "Andreas09". It has some extra customizability built in (can change the color of the top bar and such), and resizes pretty well; plus it's 3 columns as opposed to just two. Last good thing, images don't go over a column if the image is too big or the page is window is too small. Unfortunately, it cuts the image instead xD Again, another change that I'll see if can be changed...

Edit: chiisai, if you check under Presentation->Custom CSS, there will be a link to your theme's CSS so that you can modify it, since you seem to be comfortable with just making modifications. As for making a CSS from scratch, I've got a few links from last year laying around...may take me a while to find them again though. I'll get back to you if I find them...

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Feb 23 2008, 11:51 PM) Is there anyone who can post some simple CCS tutorials? (Well, if it's anything like LJ I know it's a lot more complicated than that). But just like, changing page background colours on set themes (I don't want patterns, just ... white!) or switching out the headers, things like that. Actually, I think I've seen the header option on a few styles so that might not be a problem. I've edited existing CCS code before, but don't know how to go from scratch.
This might be what you need

http://www.developingwebs.net/css/

Im using it for flash atm so I just glance at it if it have css and it does lol and I check what u was looking for it appear it have it not sure since I didnt click on it yet.

Another theme that looks very good on widescreens is what I'm currently using, Cordobo Green Park. It stretches very nicely to fit the widescreens.

Yeah, saw that one too, but I don't like the bright green color. Much prefer the darker blue available in Andreas09. The two look extremely similar though.

Been over 12 hours + I want to make sure the post is seen, so.

I noticed a 'bug' maybe: Currently settings are so that I will be e-mailed whenever someone leaves a comment on my blog. So far, I have received two comments. So far I have received no e-mails. My e-mail is active (just tested it), so I'm assuming its something wrong on the blog side.

for me the e-mail thing works
I got 2 comments on the same post
I received 2 e-mails saying I had a comment waiting approval
but, only one comment was left to moderate
after I approved that last comment, another e-mail was sent to me with the comment

also, regarding css, w3schools is one of the best sites out there http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
plus it doesn't only deal with css, but with html, xhtml, css, php, almost everything related to internet

It said that I should have at least 6 characters after the blog.fansub.tv/------ ?
I entered Noshi, 5 characters, but had to change it to noshinosh.
..... I think... or else I've got a noshi and a noshinosh XD

hmm this feature is preety good, this will surely help our community to be known to others. A great opprtunity to invite other people here in FTV. I think it's pretty easy to use and im sure everyone will get the hang out of it.
laugh.gif

OH before i forget..... Thanks daft for this new feature.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Noshi @ Feb 24 2008, 05:52 AM) It said that I should have at least 6 characters after the blog.fansub.tv/------ ?
I entered Noshi, 5 characters, but had to change it to noshinosh.
..... I think... or else I've got a noshi and a noshinosh XD
hmm, that didn't apply to me. As you can see: http://blog.fansub.tv/hama I only have 4 characters.

Anyhow, now that the CSS override feature's available, I'm gonna attempt to make a basic coding and make it a wee bit more personal. Plus, if you're editing a theme already, you should check out the codes already in it; they basically have a template being recycled, so you might as well just edit it instead of adding additional codes if you're new to it.

Right im finally getting used to this Bloggy Thing, im posting more in it, slowly trying to build it up.............

Could we have a thread where people post the links to there blogs since i want to start veiwing more peoples blogs but dont know what the adress for them is.....

But with a biit of luck this could be a great thing

Btw, could we make the fansub.tv/blog.php page in a way that it shows only the first part of every new post? (and at the end of every post a link to the whole entry, or a button that'll show the whole entry?)

It might be handy and you don't have to scroll through long entries when searching for smaller ones. And maybe this way we can fit more entries on one page?

QUOTE (daft27 @ Feb 24 2008, 10:50 PM) Your blog was created before the rules were changed.
huh, that'll explain it.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Feb 25 2008, 03:50 AM)Could we have a thread where people post the links to there blogs since i want to start veiwing more peoples blogs but dont know what the adress for them is.....

But with a biit of luck this could be a great thing

I think people will start putting their blogs on other websites and in their signature, so if you want to check out their blog, then you should check out their profile. Else, I think you can look up people's blog pages through the search feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back