General Manga Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

labk1ta

-daisuki
Retired
The place where we can discuss manga in general. Much like the General Anime Discussion.

Also, do not forget to read the Manga Section Rules and have fun!
wink.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone reads Kayono's work? I find her work really nice and uhmm.. sexy lol. She's the author of Lovenista, B-men Kazoku, Royal Seventeen, and more.
I think JCD mentioned B-men Kazoku before. It's one my favorites. I was waiting for it to be licensed coz I think the subber who does it has sort of stalled it.

Concerning, the manga B-Men Kazoku.......the scanlator did up to Volume 02 Chapter 07.......the last chapter is Chapter 08.....only one chapter left and the scanlators didn't do it...which is a shame.
wink.gif

But, you know our FTV Scanlations could translate the last chapter....which would be nice but it seems FTV Scanlations is at a stand-still unfortunately.
wink.gif

My friend told me to post this manga site if anyone is interested: SITE NAME REMOVED

It's a new site and my friend is still updating it.
ph34r.gif

[Moderator's Note: Threads Merged. Don't create threads just to advertise your friend's link. If you have recommendation sites, either post them here or in the Recommendations thread. And also, giving sites that host licensed manga are not allowed.]

Does anyone know if DNAngel or Steel Angel Kurumi is going to be continued? From what I found out, chances were that the production company changed management and the projects were stopped, I don't know if the projects have been continued under different titles, or if its dead, any information is appreciated ^^ thanks in advance.

Wow, finally after years of long and winding road, Inuyasha is over. I just finished the last chapter and I must say, its sort of bland. Kagome made a wish to make the shikon no tama disappear. Inuyasha and Kagome hugged while she was wishing it and she disappear. The connection between them disappeared. But after 3 years, after finally decided that Kagome really loves Inuyasha, she appeared again in the 'other' world and live happily ever after. lol.

Miroko and Sango got 3 kids. Shippou passed the exam of kitsune youjutsu. Kaede didn't disappear and so is Sango's brother Kohaku. lol Sesshoumaru is really a lolicon. He always visits Rin. The last chapter showed that Sesshoumaru brought a new kimono for her. LOL.

All in all, after so long, I'm 80% satisfied with the ending. The story is too long and yet the ending was rushed. It feels like theres something missing. But oh well.

ehhh... so inuyasha is finally done? i find it hard to believe, i was sure it'd at least go another century or so
laugh.gif
anyway thanks for the heads up on the ending, saves me from having to read all those volumes

Hey everyone, I would like to ask for some help.

I'm trying to get together a list of all the act titles for Chrono Crusade to post them up to Wikipedia, much like the ones they have for other manga series. Sadly I fail at working with wiki code and have no idea how to set the page up, I'm also having trouble finding the names of some acts.

So I was curious if anyone here would be willing to lend a helping hand in this endeavor?

I'm sorry if this topic is out of place in this forum, but I did not know where else to ask for help.

Please visit our troubleshooting section to receive assisstance.

I wonder if anyone is willing to put up a Vote topic about which anime will end first you know like Naruto/Bleach/AG/etc

woudl be a fun thing to talk about at least =)

Guess i will use this thread for my request.

Does anybody here know online manga stores, that sells english versions? That ships to europe. Best would be online stores from europe mainland or united kingdom, but american stores shipping world wide is also good.

If you know such site's please let me know, there are some manga i want to buy. But buying the volumes on different sellers on ebay is to much of a hassle for me. I rather buy all at once from 1 place, saves me alot on shipping costs aswell.

The only online stores I know of is the Anime Corner Store. They do ship over seas but not sure if they ship to the Netherlands.(If I remember right that's where you live) And J-list. <---No underage people allowed. I believe there is an equivalent to this site for under aged people, but not sure what it is.

The Anime Corner Store isn't that expensive around 9 dollars per manga (+/- 6euro) for Initial D. So if i order all 32 volumes at once (31 + pre-order) That will sum it up to 287.36 US Dollars (USD) = 194.60 Euro (EUR). Also easy to pay with credit card or paypall and as far as i can see the shipping costs are pretty low aswell. Thanks for the site ^^

Im suprised you dont use Amazon, thats where i get my Manga and Anime if my local shop runs out or doesnt stock the volumes im after.

Its quite cheap for postage, and depending upon hpow old/popular the Manga is you can get the quite cheap so its not that bad.

I just wanted to ask something....the manga Pugyuru....is it "finished" or is it "ongoing" ??
wink.gif

Just did a few searches here and there and from what i can tell the manga itself is still ongoing, but its only in Tankoubon untill volume 5, which is where the translations appear to end.

So im not sure, unless you can a copy of the magazine its serialised in i dont think you will know, since it seems strange to me that the Tankoubon only go to vol 5 whihc was released in 06............

Im sorry i cant be much help Jin

Do any of you people have trouble reading vast sums of series'?

Im okay with it if the releases are regualar and i know roughly when to expect new material, but the less reliable ones are sometimes a pain to read, since one time you will have a few chapters relased and then a barrenspell for a couple of months with out anything lol

Does it bother you?

Personally I'd prefer being able to read many chapters at once so if I have caught up to an ongoing series I will go find a new one and read that until a bunch of new chapters for the other series comes out.

I do almost the same thing with anime pretty much because watching one episode per week and watching 5+ series makes it a lot more confusing especially if characters have similar names or personalities.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Feb 02 2009, 06:13 PM) Personally I'd prefer being able to read many chapters at once so if I have caught up to an ongoing series I will go find a new one and read that until a bunch of new chapters for the other series comes out.

I do almost the same thing with anime pretty much because watching one episode per week and watching 5+ series makes it a lot more confusing especially if characters have similar names or personalities.
Well yeah ill admit reading manga is probably the best way to read it, but you have to admit though it can opnly be done with regular releases, i mean its not that fun doing it when the releases are sporadic to say the least, since imo it isnt that easy to let them build up.

Take Kamen Rider for example i started that off in bulk but now i read each chapter when released since i havnt got a clue how long ill have to wait for the next.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back