Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kaeru-P

~ Person who asks random questions randomly ~
Kouhai
24875.jpg

Info
Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute?), also known as Oreimo for short, is a Japanese light novel series written by Tsukasa Fushimi, with illustrations provided by Hiro Kanzaki. The first volume was published by ASCII Media Works under their Dengeki Bunko imprint in August 2008; as of May 2010, six volumes have been released. A manga adaptation drawn by Sakura Ikeda started serialization in the March 2009 issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Magazine.

Synopsis
Kyousuke Kousaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, hasn't gotten along with his younger sister, Kirino, in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyousuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever.

One day, however, Kyousuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Merle (Stardust Witch Merle), which had fallen into the entranceway of his house. To Kyousuke's surprise, inside the case is a hidden adult video game titled Imouto to Koishiyo! (Love with Little Sister!). Kyousuke attempts to fish out the culprit who dropped the case by bringing up the topic of magical girl anime at the family dinner table. All that comes out is a strong negative reaction from his parents, especially his anti-otaku policeman father.

That night, Kirino bursts into Kyousuke's room and, in perhaps the first conversation she has initiated with him in years, says they "have things to talk about." Kirino brings Kyousuke to her room and shows him an extensive collection of moe anime and lolicon bishoujo games she has been collecting in secret.

Main Characters

Kousaka, Kyousuke (MC) - VA: Nakamura, Yuuichi (Best known For Tomoya Okazaki, CLANNAD)

Kousaka, Kirino (MC's Imouto) - VA: Taketatsu, Ayana (Azunyan!!!, K-ON)

Supporting Characters (So far Does not Appear in Ep 1)

Tamura, Manami (exception Appears in Ep 1) - VA: Satou, Satomi (Ritsu!??!?, K-ON)

Gokou, Ruri - VA: Hanazawa, Kana (Kanade-chan/Tenshii-chan, Angel Beats!!)

Makishima, Saori - VA: Nabatame, Hitomi (Daw Marrgery, Shakugan no Shana)

(Copied from Wikipedia and MAL)

So far no one has made a topic for this one yet, So I Decided to make and this will be my first and offical topic that I posted over my long stay over here in FTV
cool.gif

Thoughts
So far the first epi to me is interesting despite the plot is as the synopsis. It started off pretty good making you think the situation would be the same from kissxsis when she actually totally hates and ignores her brother as if he never exists (wow pretty harsh o.o) Although I hated that part of her after the first half It got interesting of course.... but I'll let the first episode talk for itself.... Other than that Animation is very Top Quality and I definitely had good laughs from this episode and although it is quite to early for this decision, This would definitely be in my top list this season.

Although Looks like Taketatsu, Ayana is racking up a lot of roles and so far 2 tsunderes Like I said in the MM thread a new Kugimiya Rie?
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 from the MM thread)Wait till you see "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute"...we then will have Azunyan and Tomoya Okazaki as siblings XD

Azunyan...I mean Taketatsu Ayana is everywhere this season, with no lesser than 3 main cast, plus few other roles. I just hope she doesn't overwork herself and end up ill, like Hirano Aya back then.
And as If Lelouch getting abused by Azunyan wasn't enough Now Tomoya has a sister *brain damage* and is totally abusing him Nagisa-chan Save him!!!! o_O *Mind Blown* Must... not... make... any... Seiyuu... connection......

On a serious note though I hope Ayana-chan doesnt over do it though I myself have experience fatigue quite alot being an athlete-college student and Its like hell to go through that experience o_O

PS: So far its been announced that Ore no Imouto Will be Simulcasted in the ANN would this be considered licensed? Can anyone confirm this?

Well as far as novels go, this does head towards the incest route later on, I've checked. What I 'am wondering about is how much of it they'll actually put in the anime... then again the novels are still on-going so there may be some extra twists in there.

Just a warning for those who may not want to see such a thing.

Oh and yes, I'll be watching; it's not as perverted as KxS.

A very nice first episode as Lavenderdays mentioned. It did give me a feeling of watching Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu for a while.
Not too many characters for a start which was good. Due to having just a few characters certainly gives more time to get acquinted with them. Kousaka with his remarks were the best part for me in this first episode.
The story looks simple enough so i do hope to see some nice comedy scenes with lots of misunderstandings.

I have read exactly as far as this episode went in the Manga. Other than the parents seeming more approachable than strict and scary - and that's just my perception of course - it was pretty much a dead on adaptation. It was fun so far, but if it does head deeply into an incest storyline, I will probably lose interest.

I must say this show greatly surprised me. Not that it was so amazingly superb, but more that it wasn't so incredibly awful. I actually enjoyed watching this show and the characters. (At least for now) it hasn't gone in the incest direction that is so clearly an obvious way to go and is just of a girl who has a hobby she's very embarrassed of, which is something a lot of anime fans can probably relate to.

Where this show goes is really gonna be a huge factor though as the incest route is an obvious way to go and would just really turn me off. So since Animewiz says it goes in that direction later on in the original material, I'm hoping the anime either slightly vears off from that or just doesnt get far enough where the incest-iness becomes prominent.

Ore no Imouto = exceptable. KissxSis = that which must be burned off the face of this earth.

A really great ep. The first half started nice and slow, but the end was just great, when he was playing the eroge and kicked his ingame-sister. The way Kirino reacted was just so great. If he really does this its not a surprise he gets ignored ^^

Good too, was when Kyousuke said if she knows that its always the big brother making to live to his little sister and she was totally disgusted as if she never thought about that (which she probably really never did ^^).

But its really amazing that the hottest women of the cast till now is again an older women, their mom. For the japanese people I must be a real heretic since I love mature women in animes far more than lolis ^^

And Im impressed that some people here know which Seiyuu it is by only hearing it. Im hardcore-watching animes for three years now and the only voice I always recognize right away is Norio Wakamoto and sometimes Jun Fukuyama oO

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 04 2010, 04:40 PM) And Im impressed that some people here know which Seiyuu it is by only hearing it. Im hardcore-watching animes for three years now and the only voice I always recognize right away is Norio Wakamoto and sometimes Jun Fukuyama oO
Well, I'm quite a bit of a seiyuu-ota, and I probably know more seiyuu names and their voice than singers or celebrities
laugh.gif

I actually learned about the seiyuu casting prior to the airing of the shows, thanks to the one or two dedicated individual over at Nico Nico Douga making a single video that introducing all the anime of the new season with or without video clips, plus details on synopsis and seiyuu cast for each show (in Japanese of course...and lucky for me I can read and understand most of it). Those video really help me on deciding what anime to "try" and what anime to watch each season.

this anime is good i put it in my watch list

QUOTE And Im impressed that some people here know which Seiyuu it is by only hearing it. Im hardcore-watching animes for three years now and the only voice I always recognize right away is Norio Wakamoto and sometimes Jun Fukuyama oO

Same here.

As for the show, been reading the manga scans faithfully and one part I didn't like about the first episode was that it didn't have the effect that Sakura Ikeda's art style had.

His art style wasn't really that MOE for me actually, more "arousing" than moe in fact. Also, no delicious tears.
sad.gif

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 05 2010, 08:26 AM) As for the show, been reading the manga scans faithfully and one part I didn't like about the first episode was that it didn't have the effect that Sakura Ikeda's art style had.

His art style wasn't really that MOE for me actually, more "arousing" than moe in fact. Also, no delicious tears.
sad.gif

You have to bare in mind that the manga itself is also an adaptation from light novel, whereas the anime is also an adaptation from light novel, not the manga...

I think the anime character design/art is actually more similar to the light novel's art than the manga's.

Yeah, I know it's closer to the actual art style as I've read the first few chapters that have been scanlated.

But with Ikeda's character designs, it's really much more... Well you can see it for yourself. Not really that moe, but considering Ikeda also dabbled in ero mangas... I can only describe it as "drool worthy".

Again a nice ep.
The afterparty was just great with both girls debating just how shitty the other is.
But best scene was when Kyousuke finished the game and he rejoiced like a real otaku XD

And how relaxed he was at the end. Its far from over boy ^^

The name "Bagina" is great too XD I had the same reaction as Kyousuke. Good that I wasnt drinking in that scene XD

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 10 2010, 07:54 PM)Again a nice ep.
The afterparty was just great with both girls debating just how shitty the other is.
But best scene was when Kyousuke finished the game and he rejoiced like a real otaku XD

And how relaxed he was at the end. Its far from over boy ^^

The name "Bagina" is great too XD I had the same reaction as Kyousuke. Good that I wasnt drinking in that scene XD

laugh.gif
He sure is starting to get more like an otaku. It was also nice to see how he reacted to the "onni-chan" from the waitress. And also the last scene: life counseling complete. He is starting to talk like finishing a level of a game.
Also the shopping part was nice (to quote: art doesn't need a "clothes off" feature
laugh.gif
. And that dress XXL...men's.)

Is it me? Or did the animation quality just drop? I mean, compared to the first episode the animation this time isn't as fluid.

QUOTE (askara @ Oct 11 2010, 08:52 AM) i think it is safe to assum saori is some kind of good looking celebrity/idol.
Yeah I figured the same thing

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 11 2010, 06:12 PM)Is it me? Or did the animation quality just drop? I mean, compared to the first episode the animation this time isn't as fluid.
I noticed that also, but isn't that sort of usual for most tv anime's? Quality dropping at second\third episode and hq once again the final one?
blink.gif

Otherwise I'm currently enjoying this, and will probably stick with it. To think that i was planning on skipping this when I read the synopsis and watched the preview.
rolleyes.gif

Just watched the first episode and I must say that I'm impressed. Coming from AIC, this show had the quality of J.C. Staff essentially. The story is very interesting and the characters are fantastic. Kirino being a tsundere is what makes this entirely fun unlike in the case of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

No OP or ED themes were really present in the first episode, but the voice cast thus far is really nice. Really enjoying Kirino's seiyuu, Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa from K-ON!), taking on a new and different role, though the similarity with Ako from Kiss x Sis as yet another sister role is another interesting twist.

Enjoyment? I wouldn't say I was laughing to death by the end of the first episode, but this show definitely shows some promise. Moreso than I had expected at least. If anything, I was surprised that the eroge industry actually allowed the show to use titles of real games.

Expectation: High
Preliminary Score: 8/10

Haha Marine, I thought of that too when I was watching this episode. I bet Nakamura Yuuichi has a lot of fun playing these characters. As for this show I actually like his character better than Kiririn.
The gothic lolita girl also seems like an interesting character, funny to see her break out of her shell and start arguing with Kirino so passionately about anime when she was so quiet before. I laughed when Kirino asked if Ruri was cosplaying as Suigintou, because that is what I initially thought of too when I first saw her
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back