Seitokai Yakuindomo

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
ijHpzLS.jpg

Title: Seitokai Yakuindomo
Genre: Romance, Comedy, School-Life, Slice-of-Life, ECCHI
Premier: 3rd July 2010
Animation Studio: GoHands (they did Princess Lover!)
Director: Hiromitsu Kanazawa
Original Creator: Tozen Ujiie
Official Website: http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/seitokai/

Basic Info:

The series is based on Ujiie Tozen's Seitokai Yakuindomo slice-of-life comedy manga and is set to be 13 episodes.

Opening Theme: "Yamato Nadeshiko Education (大和撫子エデュケイション)" by Triple Booking
Ending Theme: "Aoi Haru (蒼い春)" by Angela

Cast:

Satomi Satou as Aria Shichijou
Sayuri Yahagi as Suzu Hagimura
Shintaro Asanuma as Takatoshi Tsuda
Yōko Hikasa as Shino Amakusa
Asami Shimoda as Kotomi Tsuda
Chiaki Omigawa as Mutsumi Mitsuba
Emiri Katou as Kaede Igarashi
Mutsumi Tamura as Sayaka Dejima
Satomi Arai as Ranko Hada
Yu Kobayashi as Naruko Yokoshima

Plot #1:

The stage is set at Ousai Private Academy which, due to declining birth rates, has transitioned from an all-girls high school to a co-ed. The current ratio of male to female students is 28:524. Within this paradise, Tsuda Takatoshi is inaugurated as vice-president of the student council. The student council has a strict image. However, there are some members who defy imagination...

(~from AniDB~)

Plot #2:

Takatoshi is a new student in a recently gender-integrated high school, and is asked to join the student council as the vice president. Thus begins his days as the only normal boy among 3 female student council officers.

(~from ANN~)

My Thoughts:

This is going to be beautifully animated and hopefully, the story progression will be good enough for me to watch it from start to end.
rolleyes.gif

I have high hopes for this one. Fact is that I've only read the first three scanlated chapters of this series; yet that was enough for me to want to give it a try. Here goes to hoping that it'll be a hit.

Well why do I get this feeling it's going to be more or less the same stuff that Seitokai no Ichizon, but different cast and personalities here.
tongue.gif

Anyways I'll give this a shot since it looks rather interesting.

I hope it'll be better than Seitokai no Ichizon. Sure that anime had its moments, but on the whole it was pretty crappy in my opinion.

Yoko Hikasa as the lead female is whats really drawing me in to watching this anime, plus the PV made it look kinda fun!

I doubt it will be sitting around in a room talking about stuff and never doing anything or developing the relationships like Seitokai no Ichizon was. I just hope it isn't another open-ended "who will he choose" type harem show either.

well i didnt know much of anything about this one at all even from the PV
harem? maybe
too early to say
the first episode was subbed recently
its surprisingly ecchi
like the opening song has a few censored wiggly things
kinda get the feeling theres gonna be alot of slightly awkward ero related humor
well in any case it seems like it might be interesting so ill continue to watch it

just watched it remind me of that anime seitokai no ichizon

Well after seeing the first episode it's almost like the opposite of Seitokai no Ichizon with the ecchiness. To think the guy would be roped into the Student Council just like that on his first day... more or less.

Aside from that it's not a bad seires since I think it also referenced Seitokai no Ichizon in the beginning for a reason why any guy would want to come to this school.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 04 2010, 09:26 PM) Well after seeing the first episode it's almost like the opposite of Seitokai no Ichizon with the ecchiness. To think the guy would be roped into the Student Council just like that on his first day... more or less.

Aside from that it's not a bad seires since I think it also referenced Seitokai no Ichizon in the beginning for a reason why any guy would want to come to this school.
yeah echiness to a tee as i was going to say i thought it was mistake when sub group made but it was not

its on my watch list

Not bad indeed, mainly thanks to it's coarse and outright rude dialog at times, something that's very refreshing despite having a stereotypical cast of characters. Interesting and worth checking out.

On a side note I kind of want to point out that the Secratary almost looks like Orihime from Breach.
tongue.gif

To think that the President think that it's hormal to have an H-scene when having an interview. This makes me wonder if the girls at this school are highly perverted, or just the Student Concil members?
laugh.gif

It was quite a funny fist ep. Didnt think that Shino and Aria would be so sex-focused. And there images of men is really bad ^^ And they dont have shame, but thats exactly why its funny ^^
But I dont see why Tsuda wants to resign, I wouldnt have a problem beeing there because its a lot of fun and you could tease the girls really easy ^^

Only thing I didnt like is that they were jumping around the stories far too fast. They should widen the single stories a bit more than just a few sentences it could be more funny.

Yeah, it's Seitokai no Ichizon with sex and menstruation instead of Otaku jokes. Pretty funny, though. I loved the tour of cliche places to have sex in the school and gravure interview research. It's also pretty funny that the President is voiced by Hikasa Yoko and the Secretary by Satou Satomi, so it's Mio and Ritsu in very different roles. I just hope they get out of the Student Council room more than Ichizon did. The OP shows that there are some perverted adults that are going to be showing up later on too, so there is that to look forward to as well.

This show is so similar to Seitokai no Ichizon, which aired in Fall 2009, and yet completely different. As people have mentioned, for some reason, the jokes stay very focused on sex/ecchi related themes for some reason. They're actually quite amusing for the most part, but I feel that if this goes on, it will get boring really quick.

The first episode only had one major problem....the character faces. Everything else (design of rest of character, background animation, detail, etc...) were all very pretty and well done except the faces. Either the raw or the encode was awful or the animation is extremely low budget such that all heads felt like they were lego blocks or something.

Seiyuus were great so I had no problems with that. Opening and Ending themes were not too great. I was hoping for a better ending theme, especially with angela singing. However, it felt far too different to the extent that I almost mistook her for another singer. The really fast lines gave away that she is the only one who could possibly ever sing that fast, but after hearing songs from Asura Cryin' and Shikabane Hime these last two years, and potentially more from Fafner later on this year, this song just doesn't sit right. Maybe it will grow on me the next couple episodes, but I find it doubtful if I didn't like an angela song upfront.

For a comedy show, I didn't really expect much story or character wise so I'm pretty happy with the slapsticks and parody they've come up thus far, especially the Marimite one at the beginning of the episode. Funny thing is how much Shino Amakusa (seiyuu Yoko Hikasa) reminds me of a cross between Mio from K-ON! and Kiyono from Chu-Bra!! It feels like it's a perfect middle for Yoko Hikasa to voice as.

Preliminary Expectation: High
Preliminary Score: 8/10

A very nice first episode as said before. I do agree that they soon have to get another focus on the jokes otherwise it is going to get boring. For the rest it felt a bit rushed. Not too bad but it did give a feeling like the parts weren't completely finished.
The characters were nice and the voices were lovely. Let's hope that they can keep this up.

but way it say that girl one look like orhime from bleach dont try anything with us we all lesbian

he think about it parody from maria sama anime. and then look at president dont mind her she like heavy jokes and tell you i am straight

Its OK, I laughed quite a few times, but I'm concerned about the 15 second-length scenes. I could handle 10 mins of it...but I started to check the time at 15 mins because it was aggrivating me. I've noticed that if I ever have to check the time in an anime, I'm likely going to end up dropping it. I hope they cut back on the short-scene use drastically or I think this will get very old, very quickly.

cant agree more, it was funny at start
then I started to get a bit sick of the similarity of the scenes with other series
maybe I have mistaken but I feel somehow it is not so different from seitokai no ichizon except the guy is normal rather than trying to raise a harem...
I may stop on first episode and see how it goes with popularity later on

This was an ok first ep if you ask me, it got a few chuckles out of me, but i can't say if was laughing to my heart's content...

it does feel strangely familiar to anyone who saw Seitokai no Ichizon... if it continues the same I'll drop it just as i did Ichizon.

I'm happy that this show won't turn into some dumb harem fantasy... I'll watch for the comedy. If I see any romance thrown in I'm going to drop this series quick haha

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back