The World God Only Knows

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows)
Japanese Title: 神のみぞ知るセカイ
Genre: Romance, Drama, Comedy, Supernatural, School-Life, ECCHI
Premier: TBA
Animation Studio: TBA
Original Creator: Wakaki Tamiki

Plot:

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as "The Capturing God" for his legendary skills to be able to "capture" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses").

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "capture" girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the girl's heart, and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "capturing" their hearts—making them fall in love. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsee that he is only interested in "capturing" 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, both Elsee and Keima would lose their heads.

(~from WIKI~)

My Thoughts:

I was reading up on this the other day and I was wondering if this was gonna get an anime.......every manga I think that should get an anime......become reality.
tongue.gif

I just hope UxU, originally a manwha but there's a manga thats more ecchi than the original and I hope that it gets animated. Also, the UxU is resuming from its hiatus in the Fall.
biggrin.gif

Oh, I made the thread coz I was bored.
tongue.gif

Moderator Note: Flipped topic title/description around to make the thread easier to find

What's with the improved looks (bust) on Elsee?
tongue.gif

Anyway, this one should be interesting to say the least. I'am not sure how they will do it character-wise though... will it be like the a manga where they just ignore some girls completely for a few arcs? Doubtlful, so that might turn out to be fun.

It's so good! You know how sometimes you watch an adaptation of something you've read and you have this slight feeling of boredom with it because you already know what's going to happen? Well I didn't get that at all. I was fully entertained with this from beginning to end despite it being manga story told essentially unadulterated. I've got to credit the quality animation, well paced script, great visual gags, and top-notch voice acting. And also Elci (that's how Crunchyroll spelled her name). I loved her from the manga, so seeing her animated and voiced so well by Itou Kanae (Saten from Railgun) was sheer joy. I can't wait for firetrucks! This is the best new show of the season so far.

It's really nice to see this one animated, I have read a few chapters of the manga and found it amusing, but I feel it's a lot better animated. Manglobe has done an amazing job so far, hopefully they can keep the quality up throughout the whole series.
Yes Itou Kanae sounds great as "Elci"(I thought it was Elsee??) I like her voice when she sounds like this, rather than her "Ringo" voice from Ookami-san *shudders* I agree with you, that this is the best debut so far this season.

Description: Katsuragi Keima is well known as the Capturing God of girls. One day he receives a message challenging his abilities, only to later find out he must help capture wondering spirits that escaped from hell with the help of his demon partner Ellse.

Well with the first episode now out and all I'm kind of content with the VAs that were selected so far. In any case I'm just supprised that they actually did make this into an anime though. As far as I can tell I'm sure they'll probably give this at least a 13 episode run for now. Although there is a lot of material to go by as of now if they pace it right.

Mod Note: Merged the two threads. Also renamed this thread (flipped the topic title and subtitle around) to hopefully prevent the problem from happening again.

The board's search function can be less than useful with shows that have names filled with common words. I had to use an advanced Google search to find this thread. And I only did that because I just happened to know it already existed or I might have stated a new one myself.

Anyhoo, I believe this show will be two 12-13 episode seasons:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-...-for-april-2011

Barbo: Note to add about the search function. Don't just use the basic search function cause it's terrible here. Always go into the Search Form and then you can actually search for an exact string of words in only topic titles. Makes finding topics on specific series 1 billion times easier.

Gah I forgot that there was already a thread for this. *sigh* I guess that's what happens when I watch soemthing in the middle of the night though.

In my opinion one of the best if not the best show this fall. It was very entertaining throughout the entire episode, the character's reaction were quite funny as well. The only downside I can think of is that its only 12 episodes but I guess with 1 conquest per episode it should be OK. I wonder if we'll see more otaku take a note from this show and use their superb 2d women skills to make 3d women fall for them
rolleyes.gif

i just noticed something. how come they alway use psp in anime,movies. games and drama. but not ds?

QUOTE (askara @ Oct 07 2010, 04:37 PM) i just noticed something. how come they alway use psp in anime,movies. games and drama. but not ds?
Usually the PSP and the Playstation systems are known to have non-ero visual novels available than for the DS.

The World God Only Knows had an interesting premise coming into the series, but boy did the usual formula show up incredibly fast. Keima may be a master of capturing 2D girls, but when presented with the challenge of "capturing" 3D girls, the typical formula of "it doesn't end in episode 1" made its immediate appearance. The show's plot so far boils down to a very generic one. A NEET who essentially needs to now face reality or be killed, and the contract is, of course, not dispelled after the first completion for "some reason."

Animation is as expected coming from Manglobe, but definitely had more of a J.C. Staff or even SHAFT/Silver-Link like feel in some scenes. Note that Manglobe's previous works included Ergo Proxy, Seiken no Blacksmith, and Samurai Champloo as the more "well known titles". Art felt very Baka to Test-ish

The OP video and music was very interesting and seems to be an original group specifically made for this show. There wasn't much of an ED theme this episode as it was completely "blocked" off by the dialogue during the theme. Primary seiyuus in the first episode included Hiro Shimono (Akihisa in Baka Test, Dan in Basquash!, Hiro in ef) who voiced Keima, Kanae Itou (Amu in Shugo Chara!, Saten in Railgun, Fumino in Mayoi Neko Overrun!) who voiced Elci/Elucia, and Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa in K-ON!, Ako in Kiss x Sis, Nozomi in Mayoi Neko Overrun!) who voiced Ayumi. Obviously Keima and Elci will continue sticking around, but so far the cast is off to a good start and the comedy definitely pans out as it should from the emotions expressed by the seiyuus.

Overall, coming into the show knowing essentially nothing about it and that the show already has a second season planned simply increased my expectations. For a show to suddenly have a second season planned prior to the series starting is basically putting up a flag saying something along the lines of "hey, this show is so good that we're already making a sequel, but one needs to watch the entirety of the first season to understand the sequel." In that case, the show better be worth me sitting down for god knows how many episodes.

Preliminary Expectation: Medium
Preliminary Score: 7/10

QUOTE Usually the PSP and the Playstation systems are known to have non-ero visual novels available than for the DS.
I'm sure Love Plus and Love Plus+ are bigger hits than any visual novel on the PSP. The reason why they have PSPs in the series is because Sony grants them permission to use such things, just not the real product's name. Nintendo usually stays away from this. In fact, the only time I recall a Nintendo console ever showing up in a show recently is in Seitokai no Ichizon for about a few seconds when Mafuyu had a Wii packed with her.

There is an interesting concept being put down here. I dunno... you'd think that the concept of "facing the truth" would be beaten down to a degree but I think I could fall for it again under this show's premise. Being one that has never read the manga, I can come into this show with unbiased eyes and hope that things turn me onto it by default. From what I've read on the forums, it seems like it would be good time spent. Either way, I've picked this show up as one of the 3 seasonal shows that I will go and follow this time around. I will ask though... because this ran through my head as well... "Do creators of galges... know something about girls the the players that play their games, religiously in some areas, just don't?" Really got me to thinking about that because it could just be how the anime goes... but one can't help but to wonder what truth there is to this... hrmn...

On any account, sign me up for this series because I think that this will be a fun ride for this season!

This ep surprised me. I wasnt really sure what to think of this as I read the description of it when it was announced. But since Im me I gave it a try and it was pretty good. I thought it would be more of a romance than comedy type but it was good how it was.
I just hope we dont get to see one girl per ep without a major big plot. That could get pretty boring (like Jigoku Shoujo until the last few eps if I remember correctly).

Overall the fun was quite good and seeing how Keima was trying to conquest Ayumi with eroge situations was just great. Elci is a nice character too.
And Keima is really lucky that the girls forget what happened, or else he would be in a huge problem after a few girls ^^

Well if you think the anime is good I recomend reading the manga when you get a chance. Also, if you're rather skeptical about all of this I still recomend the manga as well. Althouygh with only seeing the first episode so far I have to admit that I kind of liked how they did the first chapter like that in this episode.

Not bad. I honestly thought it'd be retarded and lame with such a flat outline for the main character, but he's definitely not going to stay flat for long. Judging from the first two eps it looks like he's going to be in a lot of pain later on, and the show has a lot more depth than the plot suggests. I do not envy his position at all...as cute as Elci is, her contract is certainly the work of a devil and is torture to the extreme. This might hurt to watch as the series goes on, its a good thing the series is pretty lighthearted and comical aside from the main plot portion.

So which came first, the Elci or the Yoko?

Well with the second episode it's pretty much following the manga in a sense it would seem. Oddly enough I kind of like how they split up the parts as to which chapter they are more or less doing here. Besides seeing Elsie acting like a total imouto towards Kami-sama like that and later on stating that she really is an imouto to begin with made it even better.

Although the best part would be when she told Kami-sama's mother that she was the illegitamate child of his father made me crack up on his mother's reaction.

Again a good ep which already destroyed my fear of this series beeing 1 ep = 1 girl boringness.

The converstations between Elsie and Keima are really great, mostly because Elsie is such klutz.
But just like Kid_Wolf mentioned the best part was the one with Keimas mother. I hope we see her more often, since she is totally hot. Just like the teacher.

Im already looking forward to see Elsies sister, which Im pretty sure will appear at one point.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back