Working!!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Working!!
Japanese Title: ワーキング!!
Genre: Slice-of-Life, Comedy
Premier: 4th April 2010 (2010-03-06 (episode 1 on Tokyo MX TV) or 2010-03-08 (episode 1 on Yomiuri TV))
Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures Inc.
Director: Yoshimasa Hiraike
Original Creator: Karino Takatsu
Official Website: http://www.wagnaria.com/

Basic Info:

The first episode ONLY will air 6th March 2010-03-06on Tokyo MX TV and 8th March 2010 on Yomiuri TV. Its a bit like how the first episode of Macross Frontier was shown earlier, only to be aired again on the proper premier of the anime. I believe the same thing will happen with this particular series.
rolleyes.gif

Cast:

Jun Fukuyama as Sōta Takanashi
Kana Asumi as Popura Taneshima
Daisuke Ono as Jun Satou
Eri Kitamura as Yachiyo Todoroki
Hiroshi Kamiya as Hiroomi Souma
Kumiko Watanabe as Kyouko Shirafuji
Momoko Saito as Nazuna Takanashi
Ryoko Shiraishi as Kazue Takanashi
Saki Fujita as Mahiru Inami
Shizuka Itou as Kozue Takanashi
Yōko Hikasa as Izumi Takanashi

Plot:

Set in a family restaurant in Hokkaido, the northern prefecture of Japan, 16 year old high school student Takanashi Souta works part-time along with his strange co-workers: Taneshima Popura, a high school girl who's a year older than Souta who's easily mistaken for a elementary/middle schooler, and Shirafuji Kyoko, the 28-year old store manager who doesn't bother to do any work at all.

My Thoughts:

Based on an ongoing 4-koma manga series by Karino Takatsu that started in 2005 and there are currently 6 volumes of it. The director is the same for Sketchbook ~full color's~ and Solty Rei. Only the first 7 chapters have been scanlated and the group doing it have put this project on hiatus about 3 years ago. Hence, it is unlikely for it to be scanlated for the time being but as we get closer to its premier, a scanlation group might get interested in doing this manga before the actual anime begins airing or perhaps when the anime airs because it will most definitely garners fans as it happens. The chapters I read were funny but at times it felt weird and boring as well. However, I have heard from people who read the RAWs for this manga series have said it gets much better and there are about 147 chapters already. I am going to wait for the anime and I hope it is able to be good enough to change my mind on reading the RAWs.
wink.gif

The first episode has been subbed and released.
rolleyes.gif
Souta's family are pretty wacky individuals as well.
laugh.gif

At first it was a bit boring but after Souta began working it was really funny. The characters are completely unique and strange in her own ways.
The best is defenitely the manager. She is awesome, aloe her sentence "Im not working much so I cant tell you about it" was enough to make me laugh really hard. And then her revenge on Sout for calling her old or letting the guys getting robbed were great.
But I wonder why Yachiyo runs around with a katana? Any why is Inami so afraid of guys? Im loöking forward to see the reasons.

Oh Souta is great too. I like his internal comments even though he himself is strange too. After all he compared Popura to some kind of I-dont-really-know what it is, but its called Daphnia or something.

I watched the pre-release with air-time logos plastered on the screen. If you can't take that you'd be best to hold out for the regular airing. It was good. It definitely has a 4koma feel to it setting up and delivering jokes at a pretty rapid pace and quickly establishing very funny characters. And of course that Seiyuu cast delivers as you would expect them to.

My favorite character is definitely going to be the lazy 28-year-old assistant manager Shirafuji Kyoko.

Well I did watch the promo episode and I was kind of worried that it was going to be a rather slow anime all the way through. Although it does have its ups and downs at the moment of course. In any case I wouldn't mind seeing the first episode without the when the air time will be for the series now.
tongue.gif

Not that you two say it there really was such a sign ^^ I didnt really see it when I watched the ep, so it wasnt that bad

Wow I really enjoyed the first ep, and I can't wait until it starts airing! It has a great mix of quirky characters, and from looking at the cast list there is quite a few that we haven't even met yet.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Mar 10 2010, 04:56 PM)My favorite character is definitely going to be the lazy 28-year-old assistant manager Shirafuji Kyoko.

Haha she is my favourite too, so far. I love how she literally kicked out those hooligans who were harassing Poplar. It was rather insensitive of Souta to say that she was old, he should have known better. In my opinion he got what he deserved
tongue.gif

The chef reminds me of Sanji from One Piece, he looks sooo similar and its ironic that he is a chef as well.

QUOTE (julezia @ Mar 11 2010, 10:33 AM) The chef reminds me of Sanji from One Piece, he looks sooo similar and its ironic that he is a chef as well.
If only he was a baka who loves all beautifull women and then he will be a carbon-copy of Sanji but instead it seems like Sanji with low levels of testosterone.
wink.gif

The first episode was great as it introduced a great bunch of characters and I can't wait to see them introduce Satou's family.
biggrin.gif
Kyouko-chan is cute but scary and so are most of the female staff.
rolleyes.gif
Damn, we got to wait about a month for the next episodes.
wink.gif

i found out that a Daphnia is a Sea Monkey
since theres a manga for this apparently but it had the same scene where they all said sea monkey instead of daphnia
for those wondering wth is a daphnia
but this show definately seems like its gonna be pretty funny
poplar-chan's shortness is rather entertaining

QUOTE (Chooie @ Mar 14 2010, 04:57 AM) i found out that a Daphnia is a Sea Monkey
since theres a manga for this apparently but it had the same scene where they all said sea monkey instead of daphnia
for those wondering wth is a daphnia

Haha thanks for pointing that out, I was wondering wth is a daphnia.... but I didn't want to ask at the risk of looking dumb
tongue.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 14 2010, 12:03 AM)QUOTE (julezia @ Mar 11 2010, 10:33 AM) The chef reminds me of Sanji from One Piece, he looks sooo similar and its ironic that he is a chef as well.
If only he was a baka who loves all beautifull women and then he will be a carbon-copy of Sanji but instead it seems like Sanji with low levels of testosterone.

Yeah thats true, he doesn't have Sanji's weakness, but he does have the cool attitude down pat.

I like the casting that they did, especially with Jun Fukuyama as Sōta Takanashi. I really like the roles that he's done in the past, such as the Tama & junpei's friend Haruhiko Endou in Nyan Koi!, and Special A as Takishima Kei. I also like the assistant manager simply because of her character. One moment, it's kick person in the face who's picking on Popura and then says violence is bad, then they ask for the manager who happens to be her as well.
From this first episode, I'm expecting a great success in the anime.

The first episode (and a rerun of the pre-release) and it was fun to watch. The variety of characters give lots of chances to create fun scenes. I really liked Kyouka. She really is an interesting person. Inami also seems to be fun to watch when she gets more screentime.
I am definitely going to keep watching this one.

So what exactly is the difference between the preview episode 1 and the full episode 1 premier of the series ??
blink.gif
rolleyes.gif

It seems to me that they are both the same thing but with the re-run having an OP perhaps or are they completely identical ??
unsure.gif

EDIT #1:

The 2nd episode but the actually subbing work was kinda bad but I understood that they released it as just an unedited script but I rather have them not do that next time.
dry.gif

Anyways, episode 2 was just great and I kinda sense why he hates things that are not small and are over 12 is perhaps his life with his sisters. As I mentioned earlier that the cast indicates that he has a couple of sisters. I guess his sisters were nice to him until 12 and thats when his sisters changed and made him feel in such a way that many will mistaken him for a pedo. I'm speculating that this is the cause of things but as I haven't read the manga, I do not know the answer. I might re-watch the 2nd episode when it is properly subbed but it looks this series might suffer from slow releases perhaps. Can't wait for episode 3.
biggrin.gif

Really laughing my head off after each episode, god this is great.

Oh and the opening is beyond cute... its almost too much in one song...

episode 2 was indeed very good. At first i was also a bit baffled by his remark that he likes small things and not above 12
blink.gif
. After watching the first two episodes it indeed seems like he has some bad memories about something. Maybe we will get to know what has happened?
Imani sure was fun to watch. Maybe she likes him a bit since she said she is thinking of him in her sleep...Although she doesn't stand a chance against Poplar (who also had some fun remarks. How can she remain so cheerful all the time??
laugh.gif
).
Still the best character for me is the manager. She really is dangerous. I wonder what her story is..
I wonder what was written on that board with goals for the month. Too bad it wasn't subbed
sad.gif

Okay, Souta has 3 older sisters (aged 31, 28 and 25) and a younger 12 year old sister. I can see why he is like this and his 3 older sisters are damn HAWT!! =P

Episode 2 was very great. I really like Inami and Poplar. Inami sure is afraid of men but her "after-reaction" is too kawai. Can we qualify her as a tsundere ? She seems to think a lot about Takahashi but can't resist to beat him...

Also, every time I see Poplar, I want to hug her. She's too kawai and cheerful. I think I understand why Takahashi likes small thinks xD

QUOTE I wonder what was written on that board with goals for the month. Too bad it wasn't subbed

I'd also like to know what was written on that board...

QUOTE (Nemingway @ Apr 14 2010, 12:24 PM) I'd also like to know what was written on that board...
Well, 1st one says "Act by basing on customers' line of sight", 2nd says "Act by basing on manager's line of sight" (aka don't expect the customers to get any service lol)

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:18 PM) Well, 1st one says "Act by basing on customers' line of sight", 2nd says "Act by basing on manager's line of sight" (aka don't expect the customers to get any service lol)
lol I see. The first board is better than the second so xD Thanks for the translation ^^

Takanashi is defenitely the one with the biggest problem here, even though the other characters arent that much behind. Kyoko only eats, Yachiyo runs around with a sword and Inami wants to hit every man. Only Taneshima has no screws lose. At least not that we know of for now ^^

This series really offers a lot of laughs because of the completely different and insane characters and the inner comments of Takanashi. But like Kyoko mentioned its really not save to let him handle kids.

I hope they wont overuse all the jokes, but maybe they will never become boring, who knows.

So far I've been enjoying Working!!, it's cute and funny.

The characters definitely make this series! (An anime about working with normal people probably wouldn't be entertaining after all).
Evidently the series is ignoring a few people...presumably the "normal" workers off in the background. That is, if there even are any "normal" people there...
Then again, they might get introduced later on... I don't mind either way.

QUOTE (trespasser @ Apr 13 2010, 10:59 AM)
Oh and the opening is beyond cute... its almost too much in one song...
I agree! I ended up having to re-watch it a few times to get every bit of it.
Hiroomi Souma reminds me of a puppy when he's singing "one one", lol

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back