Seitokai no Ichizon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
On the 4th volume of this light novel, it was announced that this novel will be adapted into an anime. No other information is available at this time.

20090116seitokainp5.jpg

Name: Seitokai no Ichizon (Student Council's Discretion)
Alternative Title: Hekiyō Gakuen Seito-kaigi Jiroku (The Records of the Hekiyō Academy Student Council's Activities)

Summary: The novel revolves around a private high school whose student council is chosen entirely by popularity vote. Because of this, Ken Sugisaki is the only male representative, in the otherwise all bishōjo student council, that may enter the "sacred sanctuary" of the council's meeting room. At the behest of Council President Kurimu Sakurano, Sugisaki records the minutes of the council meetings, which devolve into daily conversations about the students' lives and interests.

The Light Novel series ranked #7 for the overall 2008 year (also known as 2009 in Japan's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2009 published/released on November 22, 2008) right under Bakamonogatari (#6), Spice and Wolf (#5), Toradora! (#2), and To Aru Majutsu no Index (#4). It placed above Full Metal Panic! (#8)

Premier: Unknown
Episodes: Unknown
Temporary Home Page: http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/seitokaino_natsu/

Summary and Sources are from ANN and Moetron.

Thoughts and Opinions:
So I fell in love with this novel....I read only bits and parts of it but since I'm unable to read Japanese...it was hard to follow. However, one thing that did strike me was the art work....and what better person to have done it than the artist for the H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ manga artist. Yeah...I have high hopes for this series now. Question now is when will it air? XD

So its confirmed after all those rumours.....most rumours usually become real quite quickly but this one took a while......not really that excited about this series but then again I don't really know much about it.
wink.gif

It was bound to get an anime because of the illustrator, who's garnered a lot of fans such as the "one" above.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
So, the rankings are not really that reliable since they are bound by the sales.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 16 2009, 04:12 PM) So its confirmed after all those rumours.....most rumours usually become real quite quickly but this one took a while......not really that excited about this series but then again I don't really know much about it.
wink.gif

It was bound to get anime because of the illustrator, who's garnered a lot of fans such as the "one" above.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
So, the rankings are not really that reliable since they are bound by the sales.
wink.gif

Rankings are decently reliable. Spice and Wolf saw an anime last year after having its novels on the top 10 rankings for the past 3 years. Same with To Aru Majutsu no Index. I'm just surprised Shana and Haruhi haven't been making those rankings lately in fact Haruhi is off the charts for the last two years now...and let's not get started on Shana which hasn't been on the charts at all.

I'm just glad they finally confirmed this since it's been bugging me for quite some time now.

I'm just saying that this series is an exception because of its art and thats probably one of the main factors of its high rankings. However, I read some things of this and its giving me surprising vibes.......Haruhi-vibes ??
ohmy.gif
I don't why I'm getting them.
tongue.gif

I wonder if Root After and Another and Sakura no Uta will get an anime...most likely will...later this year and Sakura no Uta might come sometime in 2010.
rolleyes.gif
I will be really looking forward to Sakura no Uta....the manga is only 6 chapters...go read it...its scanlated.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 17 2009, 03:15 AM) I wonder if Root After and Another and Sakura no Uta will get an anime...most likely will...later this year and Sakura no Uta might come sometime in 2010.
rolleyes.gif
I will be really looking forward to Sakura no Uta....the manga is only 6 chapters...go read it...its scanlated.
biggrin.gif

If these two come I will cry with tears of joy....except that I highly doubt Root After and Another will ever come because of the H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ ending. They could probably make an OVA of it though, but I doubt a full series.

Way ahead of you on Sakura no Uta...read the ones available already
tongue.gif
and anime would be a sight to see.

Ok I don't know why but I'm strangely interested in seeing how thise anime will fare now. In any case the story sounds rather interesting. Also, it may give me more of something worth watching as well.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 17 2009, 06:56 PM) Way ahead of you on Sakura no Uta...read the ones available already
tongue.gif
and anime would be a sight to see.
I read them already......but I think the game that is gonna be released later this year will be much more different than the 1 volume manga.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 17 2009, 12:55 PM) I read them already......but I think the game that is gonna be released later this year will be much more different than the 1 volume manga.
rolleyes.gif

most likely since the manga has long finished *unfortunately* The game was suppose to be out last year, but I guess it got delayed for some reason. Speaking of games/visual novels...they were rather low last year, or at least none that I particularly remembered liking/enjoying very much.

Apparently the premier for this anime is July 2009.
rolleyes.gif

Is was better than I thought.
There were a lot of things to laugh, especially the beginning with all the anime references. Actually the references are good throughout the first ep.

And Sugisaki is an awesome male protagonist, even though he landed in the wrong series ^^ It would be good to see someone like him in a real harem series.

If they keep up the fun it will be a good anime

indeed it was better than i originally dare to expect.

It is very light hearted and has some funny references, this off course, gives it a very well defined expiration date (I mean: reference humor is only good while the references are still current) and makes it inaccessible to the casual viewer, someone just starting into anime will fail to catch about half the jokes on the first ep...

they could have a winner depending on the 2nd and 3rd ep...

Well yes they even made fun on an older anime by stating the series following it happens to be the current trend of course.

In any case it's kind of funny to see a guy trying to work for the harem end out of all of this. Although the way he's doing it of course seems like he's trying to keep a certain mood with the others here.

With that being said I can give this anime a few more episodes of course.

Thought it was pretty terrible. Just a few chuckles throughout at the few funny reference humor, but that's not quite enough to keep the series afloat. The show kinda points out some of it's own flaws in some self-referential humor, but unfortunately knowing your flaws doesn't magically make them disappear.

I think I'll be avoiding this show.

I enjoyed the first episode.
Even-though it wasn't consistently entertaining throughout and there were some ridiculous moments, I think I'm gonna be following this show.
It's got the Lucky Star and Gintama vibe....which are one of my favourite animes ever....

Hm, that was okay, I don't expect anything deep out of this, but it should be a pleasant show to follow. I'm surprised that I got so many anime references. It makes me wonder if I missed any.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (pjcountach @ Oct 04 2009, 07:26 PM) Hm, that was okay, I don't expect anything deep out of this, but it should be a pleasant show to follow.
i think this will be the ke6y to enjoy the show.... is something to do when you have done everything else.. and can't get to sleep..

as i said it all depends on how the next 2 episodes play out...
then again i am not one to drop a series in the first ep.... so my 2 cents are morelike 0.95 cents

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 04 2009, 05:13 PM) Thought it was pretty terrible. Just a few chuckles throughout at the few funny reference humor, but that's not quite enough to keep the series afloat. The show kinda points out some of it's own flaws in some self-referential humor, but unfortunately knowing your flaws doesn't magically make them disappear.

I think I'll be avoiding this show.
Agreed. This anime is just bad judging by episode one... almost died of boredom.
mad.gif
It flows way too slow, and there wasn't really anyhting that stood out, simply a harem in the student council room; with a few bad jokes (some were borderline ok). I don't think i'll be watching this, but if it gets better let me know people.

I really liked this.

It actually made me laugh almost the whole episode, something only Seto No Hayanome has accomplished.

Too bad I was only able to find chapter 1 of the manga, I was looking forward to reading the series, but I actually found the anime to be better than the manga, which is a first time for me.

Anyway, fun stuff. Looking forward to the next episode.

Good stuff.
biggrin.gif

I just read everyone's post, and I see most of you didn't like it. >.< Bad taste you guys!

Well let's just say that they decided to do a setup and mention to the viewers that they were supprised that they wanted to go ahead with doing this as an anime while it worked as a drama CD and nothing more. This may be a reason to state that the industry is slowly running out of ideas and are recycling jokes now.
unsure.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back