Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
Before anyone gets overly excited to death, this is very tenative and may most likely be a spoof as the sources are apparently from 2chan and some blog site I've never heard of (it's not the one I linked to). The only possible reliable information is that it came from BONES staff themselves, but the base for the argument and justification is very shaky at the moment.

Nevertheless, might as well create a thread for this in the event that it is true, but again this thread can be locked at anytime due to the information being proven false or if the discussion in this thread gets too out of hand:

Premier: Unknown
Episodes: Unknown

And here's my source: http://www.moetron.com/2008/07/04/fullmeta...l-in-the-works/

My Notes/Opinion:
Even if this was a true rumor, I'd be confused as to how a sequel could be made. The movie and and series created such an ending that would be hard to move on from, especially the movie. I'd be surprised if Yasuhiro (director of the first series) manages to pull it off. I'm not getting my hopes to high though at the moment since this is very likely to be false. Hopefully we get confirmation from either BONES staff or another reliable source soon.
For now, enjoy the excitement while you can...I guess.

If there was a sequal, it could take place in our world(maybe even modern times,like a 9/11 thing) or whatever. But its a sequal, so it'll take in place after FMA:CoS.

OMG OMG I'm gonna go crazy! *Goes immediately to find season one dvd's* NOT sooo much, ah gotta love rumors but regardless, I have enough trust in the writers to make a good continuation. I wasn't in love w/the movie and I'm not for certain in which direction they would go but I wouldn't mind some more back story into Edwards father's past. Maybe a story that goes along the lines of correcting the sins of the father?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 05 2008, 04:37 PM) Even if this was a true rumor, I'd be confused as to how a sequel could be made. The movie and and series created such an ending that would be hard to move on from, especially the movie. I'd be surprised if Yasuhiro (director of the first series) manages to pull it off. I'm not getting my hopes to high though at the moment since this is very likely to be false. Hopefully we get confirmation from either BONES staff or another reliable source soon.
For now, enjoy the excitement while you can...I guess.

Hint HInt: Manga~

WHat if its 'FMA version2"? I would be one happy person to see the manga events animated :3

I have even more hopes for such thing, since the director and character designer is different - if it was a sequel, direct sequel of what has happened, would they not get the same staff?

EDIT:
The good sources say that
入江秦浩 "鋼2監督" Irie Yasuhiro: FMA2 Director
真庭秀明 "鋼2キャラデ" Maniwa Hideaki: FMA2 Character Design

P.S. wow... thread was fast lol XD

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 05 2008, 04:13 PM)

Hint HInt: Manga~

WHat if its 'FMA version2"? I would be one happy person to see the manga events animated :3

I have even more hopes for such thing, since the director and character designer is different - if it was a sequel, direct sequel of what has happened, would they not get the same staff?

EDIT:
The good sources say that
入江秦浩 "鋼2監督" Irie Yasuhiro: FMA2 Director
真庭秀明 "鋼2キャラデ" Maniwa Hideaki: FMA2 Character Design

P.S. wow... thread was fast lol XD
I was thinking that they would remake it and follow the manga more closely as they really have nothing much so far after the movie...

As for the "reliable" sources, isnt that just from 2chan
laugh.gif

And "thread was fast" = what?
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 05 2008, 06:48 PM) As for the "reliable" sources, isnt that just from 2chan
laugh.gif

And "thread was fast" = what?
unsure.gif

Reliable sources mean that, yes these names are indeed on that list ^^" Well, in a sense it would not be reliable source for the anime itself, but reliable source for the part of rumor(when you see "world is ending" written on the wall, you can't actually confirm it, but you can confirm that it is written in there. Thus you could say, That you, from reliable source, know that there's a "World is ending" text written on the wall.)

as for thread went fast - ~8 hours since the "source" appeared and the thread is already there. Its "fast" in my book, since, after reading about all that stuff on Canned Dogs, I expected the threads to appear...like...after few days XD (never expected for such news to go out FAST, since FMA is quite...forgotten already
sad.gif
)

As anticipated, the spreadsheet was a spoof all along. BONES announced that there was no such spreadsheet or document found in their company's database and will severely punish whoever created/uploaded/published the false document.

CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-07-06/bones-studio-addresses-allegedly-leaked-document

HOWEVER, simultaneously, BONES is considering the possibility of doing a sequel for both series. More details to come after Expo ends later today

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 06 2008, 04:18 PM) HOWEVER, simultaneously, BONES is considering the possibility of doing a sequel for both series. More details to come after Expo ends later today
With how they tried to prove that it is FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE document and never ever tried to deny the things written there...

And with the facts that for a spoof it had the REAL and ACCURATE details(telephone numbers, adresses, other stuff), I would not be surprised if it is now a strategy by BONES to cover up this accidental mess up of getting personal information leaked
biggrin.gif

Its like they are standing there "no its of course fake, we never had that document, we never wrote the pessimistic remarks about people, its not our fault the personal info leaked, we did not even see the document, info what info? there was no info leaked" with haloes on their heads...

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 06 2008, 11:41 PM)With how they tried to prove that it is FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE document and never ever tried to deny the things written there...

And with the facts that for a spoof it had the REAL and ACCURATE details(telephone numbers, adresses, other stuff), I would not be surprised if it is now a strategy by BONES to cover up this accidental mess up of getting personal information leaked 
biggrin.gif

Its like they are standing there  "no its of course fake, we never had that document, we never wrote the pessimistic remarks about people, its not our fault the personal info leaked, we did not even see the document, info what info? there was no info leaked" with haloes on their heads...
Like the case of the arrested employee in Code Geass this could be yet another publicity stunt. They couldn't hide the telephone addresses if they were real (it would be a breach of privacy). I eagerly await a second season of Fullmetal Alchemist!
smile.gif
Saying that I'm not holding my breath until more concrete news materialises.

come to think of it... when i was watching an anime raw that had commercials on them, one of the commercials is that of an FMA special box set. considering that FMA was shown waaaaaaaaaaay long ago, could this be to build anicipation for the fanbase???

For some odd reason or another I'd rather wait for this to show up in the States then to actually watch the fansubbs for some odd reason. Also, I think this may end up being licensed before the first RAW hits the net if this is true of course. Kind of like how Code Geass season 2 was already considered licensed when the first episode came out then and there.

Why can't they leave a good anime Rest in Peace and leave it the way it ended. There is no possible way that FMA could have a second season because it ended in the real world where Ed is grandfather (if you saw the OVA) if they do make it to a second season it has to be a new character or ed in World War 2 or Cold War but that can't work because Alchemy doesn't exist. God they better not make it or I am going to ................................
mad.gif

QUOTE (ZeroWeapon @ Jul 12 2008, 04:28 AM) Why can't they leave a good anime Rest in Peace and leave it the way it ended. There is no possible way that FMA could have a second season because it ended in the real world where Ed is grandfather (if you saw the OVA) if they do make it to a second season it has to be a new character or ed in World War 2 or Cold War but that can't work because Alchemy doesn't exist. God they better not make it or I am going to ................................
mad.gif

Actually, I heard rumors that if there is FMA2, it's rather 'a story retold' based on manga plot which differs greatly from anime. My bet is that BONES will make some sort of OVA to retell the story from manga... If anything that is.

I know alot of people will hate me for saying this but i hope this is a lie, for me fma was perfect the way it was and it was truly a masterpiece. That why if they make a second one i dont know if they will be able to recreate that magic and will just taint the franchise.

Alot of my friends tell me to read the manga because it is so much better but i was and still am contempt with the anime.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 16 2008, 11:27 AM) http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/07/07/sasanoha-rhapsody/

MONPHASE confirms the existance of new FMA project - a faithful adaptation of original manga, most likely to be announced at the end of the year.
But that's kind of hard to believe. The first 25 episodes or so from season one followed the manga very closely and then they started to gradually move away from it. IF they made a new anime, the first 25 episodes or so would be exactly the same, not something that anyone would be interested in seeing, that's for sure. So if they did make a new series to follow the manga, they'd have to spend at least a single episode recapping the story from the first 25 episodes of the first anime, and then go on from there.

Still, I don't like this news. It seems like Bones is just trying to get even more money out of this franchise, even though a countless number of anime produced in the past also follow the manga for a time, and then diverge when the time is right due to the manga story either being too long, or being unfinished, as was the case in both points with FMA.

I mean, instead of doing another retake of FMA, they could pick up any other series. I happen to like the FMA anime and how it ended, even if I've never read into the manga chapters that were never animated; I feel that the anime ended as well as it could, and does not need a continuation.

This series is pretty much confirmed and for me, I really don't like the idea of watching possibly another 50 episodes, even though I "LOVE" FMA......I just can't see me watching this. So, frankly, I hope its just a bad joke or a "small" OVA series.
wink.gif
I read the manga and it is true that its better than the original anime plot-wise and is much more comical but still, something inside of me is saying, "I REALLY REALLY don't want this to happen."
dry.gif
Anyways, I hope when the time comes, the "new" series will present me something that will help me change my mind.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jul 16 2008, 04:03 PM) But that's kind of hard to believe. The first 25 episodes or so from season one followed the manga very closely and then they started to gradually move away from it. IF they made a new anime, the first 25 episodes or so would be exactly the same, not something that anyone would be interested in seeing, that's for sure. So if they did make a new series to follow the manga, they'd have to spend at least a single episode recapping the story from the first 25 episodes of the first anime, and then go on from there.

Still, I don't like this news. It seems like Bones is just trying to get even more money out of this franchise, even though a countless number of anime produced in the past also follow the manga for a time, and then diverge when the time is right due to the manga story either being too long, or being unfinished, as was the case in both points with FMA.

I mean, instead of doing another retake of FMA, they could pick up any other series. I happen to like the FMA anime and how it ended, even if I've never read into the manga chapters that were never animated; I feel that the anime ended as well as it could, and does not need a continuation.
NO it did not follow it close. Yes we got the similar events and all, but the execution of them was way too different, as well as fates and personalities of certain characters, so there's no douybt they will go through the "similar" parts in first 10 episodes.

As for FMA manga - well its obvious that it will end somewhere next year.

ANs yes, I am one of those persons who despised FMA anime ending - Scar being used as simple plot-tool to advance the story(thus being OOC for a LONG time), the whole mess of two worlds (although it WAS interesting, but poorly executed). NOt to mention the crapload which is movie.

That said, This FMA IS different from THAT fma. Its not the same story, not the same dialogue, and even characters are differently portrayed, not to mention for possible different character designer.

Comparing THIS fma to THAT fma is nearly the same as to comparing the FAIL of Hellsing to the WIN of Hellsing Ultimate.

P.S. And yes. Bones are trying to cash in. As every smart company. At least its more justified than "remake of eva remake" by Gainax. FMA's case is a bit similar to Hellsing, as quite a lot of fans were angry over how different and "wrong" anime-original series were.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 17 2008, 01:46 AM) P.S. And yes. Bones are trying to cash in. As every smart company. At least its more justified than "remake of eva remake" by Gainax. FMA's case is a bit similar to Hellsing, as quite a lot of fans were angry over how different and "wrong" anime-original series were.
That's still not a good enough reason to do this. So they're caving in, so they want more money, well that's all I'm getting out of what they're doing. Why did the anime have to follow exactly close to the manga anyway? The majority of adaptations, whether they be anime, movie, w/e, can't follow the original material exactly due to constraints on time and resources, so it's unthinkable to expect them to. If Bones wants to waste their time creating a new FMA to get closer to the manga, I can't stop them, but I feel that since the anime and manga are considerably different as you say, then that's also good since we get two different views of the same media. The thing is, if you want to just watch the anime, then do that, but if you want to know the original story, then you go back and read the source material, in this case the manga. Seriously, how many anime in history have stayed 100% close to their manga/light novel/visual novel adaptations? I can't think of any, and even if Bones tries to make a 100% accurate adaptation, I know they won't be able to do it.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back