Prices will go up.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Jamjum

-san
Sempai
huh.gif
Oh. it's great to have games and systems playing them and all that right, well around the near years you will see extremly big prices for games and systems to come but right now it's already getting to the point when buying a game means saving up for some people and ill just get it tomarrow for others.
Right now we are starting to see nothing go down for the xbox 360 every price for that system is up in the hills.

i just think spending 60$ on a game is crazy enough to go and eat 15 value meals at mcdonalds :/ and thats alot of fat right there. so the more fat the more i don't like. Yes working for games is good i do work and buy my games that way witch is fine. but i just don't wanna see a 500$ game one day. "should have got a better job" Well lets just see what happens huh.

It is true that games at the moment are overpriced, even more so in the uk. you think that 60 bucks for a game over there is expensive, new 360 games here are £50 which is about........oh my god!!! i just converted £50 in to $. OK so if you americans paid as much as we do in the uk you would have to shell out.....wait for it, $98 (WOW!!!), and if you dont belive me go and look for yourselves.
For some reason game manufactures always seem to screew up europeans out of mor cash than you americans, so not fair.
but i think that the theory of prices staying high or even going up is not likley, the prices of electronics always fall after a while and if i remember corectly (probably not) when the PS2 came out the game cost about the same as the new generation of console games cost now.

Damn we have to pay alot! maybe it just that we british are welthier than the americans.
biggrin.gif

Really? I don't see the sudden change of price of games lately....Maybe PS3 or Wii games since the games they released are owned by Sony so it's kinda like a monopoly. I doubt that after more games are released and more 3rd game company join in, the price will go down. I mean even new PS2 games are pretty cheap now, especailly PSP games since they were FREAKIN expensive($50-60 CAN)....now they are only $40 max

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Feb 01 2007, 07:19 PM)Really? I don't see the sudden change of price of games lately
Me too,I haven´t noticed anything abut that,but I often wait until games get cheaper,I only pay over 50€ for games which I really want. But 98$ for a game? Woah that´s bad,I wonder if I would pay that much, maybe you should buy your games in france or germany
biggrin.gif

microsoft doesn't change the price based on conversion of dollars to pounds.. same with the system cost, for whatever reason.... thats microsoft for ya

you really cant be surprised to see prices go up considering how the costs go up.... when their cost goes up so does your price
smile.gif

new ps2 games are cheap because the system is dated... simple business principles... ehm

i'd expect all the costs to go up anyways, games take longer to make, more people, think about way back when they made a game with less than 10 people? now games can take hundreds of people and years to make (course thats not for all of them... like the silly sport games that are virtually the same with a year change and few name differences)

I think the prices seemingly are going up as technology advances, not to mention inflation within our society. Though for a while, consle games were roughly $50. But the consles themselves... they're prices are kind of high now aren't they? A Wii's about $250 (from what I saw), a PS3 is about $700 when I looked it up online... Well, at least the prices will eventually go down... (like everything else has)

The high prices will give birth to a new industry. The not-casual but also not quite-triple-A game pricing range.

yea i forgot to mention inflation, but the prices arn't that high if you think about it... like i said consider what goes into creating these games, specially the intensive rpgs, or a great action game like god of war

ps3 was always 600.... although they wanted to price it more considering how much money sony will lose on the ps3 from the start, its just not possible if they want to compete. the ps3 is better than many people's computers combine this with blue ray technology and its easily a 600 dollar tag, if not higher, its actually not a bad price. I wont be buying one though since I just dont have the time to play it... and I still have games for my ps2 I havn't played through yet.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back