PS3 or Wii?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

What do you like best?

• The PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

• None

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightdragon

TSiF-Tearraven
Retired
wii_254x212.jpg
Wii_Logo_187x119.gif

Preview:
Nintendo's Wii ushers in a new era of gaming for everyone, thanks to a revolutionary new motion-sensitive controller called the Wii Remote. The console, which can stand vertically or horizontally, will be available for less than $250 U.S. The Wii will handle both full-size Wii discs and mini GameCube discs. Additionally, Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, SNES and NES, as well as a "best of" selection from Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx. The built-in WiFi connection and included "Connect24" ensures constant updates from the Web even when the power is turned off. Also in some games you can use Nunchuks!

wii_platform_176x280.jpg

Wii Hardware Specs:

Nintendo Wii Package - Less Than $250 U.S.

Wii console
Wii Remote
Built-in WiFi connectibility (802.11b/g)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer
Nintendo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dimensions
Approx. 1.4" (W) x 5.5" (H) x 7.7" (L)

System Orientation
Stands vertically or horizontally

Controller

Wii Remote Bluetooth - up to 4 supported (includes speaker, rumble feature, and expansion port)
Nunchuk attachment
Six-direction motion sensitivity
Distance detection

IBM "Broadway" CPU

729MHz
90 nm SOI CMOS process

Main Memory
512 MB Flash Memory

Memory Expansion
SD Memory

Graphics Processor
GPU being developed with ATI

Main Input/Output
Support for up to 4 wireless Bluetooth controllers
Support for up to 4 wired GameCube controllers
2 USB ports
Wi-Fi connectivity built in
AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-Video

Digital Media Support
12 centimeter Wii game discs
8 centimeter GameCube game discs

High-Definition Game Support
480p supported

Online Capabilities
Connect24
Wi-Fi connectivity built in
Downloadable content for NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx 16

wow.. i like the specs of the console... but the specs on the remote are amazing...

iono if i can afford it, but it beats getting a PS3 XD.

lol yeah... i like the download feature that you can do...

BTW is it just me or is the Nightdragon just on a posting frennzy. Oh yeah. go me!

hmmm.....seems pretty interesting and attractive....

What am I going to buy now?PS3 or Wii?
blink.gif

I'll need someone to help me on this....

lol. Well it depends how much frogskin you got in your wallet. You should buy the PS3 if you can but then again you want to have 600 bucks if you want to get a good PS3. As for the Wii i would get it mainly if it has a rare game avalible for download called Aerobiz Supersonic...

Well am in a great dilemma now......I want both the PS3 and Wii but I know I cannot spend all of my money on the two, so I'll definitely have to make a choice....but which one of the two should I choose?

Please cast your votes and help me decide what to buy....thanks
smile.gif

Playstation 3 for my Final Fantasy and Xenosaga....gamecube had to bring out a final fantasy not for playstation's
dry.gif
. I saw a preview on that Wii thing some time ago and didnt think it look good before so I have to stick to what I decided before.

I'm a sony person, I used to own stock in the company too. So naturally I will go with the PS3. Personally of the previous generation (PS2, GC, Xbox) I think the PS2 won but you could make a case for the Xbox. This poll should have the x-360 included too, if it were I think it would come a close second to the PS3.

PS3 Rocks...and besides there are alot of games...

-waiting for final fantasy 13

QUOTE (Auel Neider @ Jul 8 2006, 03:29 PM) PS3 Rocks...and besides there are alot of games...
And don't forget it will also be compatible with PS1 and PS2 games! Meaning the game list is even longer!

hehe same here solar I like both, but for me it's likely going to be wii first. Some things, for one it's cheaper, it has Pangya (screw shot-online
dry.gif
) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I like they're going with creativity over best graphics. Not to bash on anyone, but many nowadays just prefer graphics when it comes to new systems over gameplay and new ideas. Just like with the nintendo DS, people bash it because it doesn't have psp's multimedia features and it's graphics are ps1-n64ish. Does it bother players so much if the graphics aren't as real as can be?! Shoot..I'd still play 8-bit games and the like because as long as it's enjoyable and fun, I could care less how the game looks and that reminds me of Wii's downloadable games which are most of the older generation kind.

definitely wii, basically for what kurosana mentioned. wii will be backwards-compatible like no other console has been before (unless you count pc emulation
tongue.gif
), and it'll be something extremely rare and valuable nowadays: different.

oh, and it'll be a lot cheaper too
biggrin.gif

I vote for Wii. There are also good games on the Wii like Smash Brothers and Metroid. plus the Wii is waaaaay much cheaper which means more games! more games means more fun!

And I agree, graphics aren't everything. I enjoy DS games way much more than PSP ones. Well, as for now, the PSP is the one under constant bashing due to their now racist ad >.<.

Neither - I find playing a videogame using an inadequate Human interface, inferior graphics, and an unacceptably low resolution, is impossible. After playing F.E.A.R. at 1600x1200 with 8xFSAA even games on a HD TV look like crap. I must say, PC is superior, even if more costly. And in the future when consoles close the gap, it will just be another brand of computer, not console vs PC.

512MB FLASH? Thats not nearly as fast as NVRAM or even straight up SDRAM. I can see this as being an issue.

Approx 800mhz? Thats gonna kill your framerate when the physics computations get massive.

Other than that the price, the look and the reputation make it a winnah!

WII

On a product/price ratio I think wii beats ps3, under my judgment wii gets a 1.5 and ps3 gets an 0.85
However that´s jus if you compare what it costs and what you get... if you don care that, and just compare the consoles ps3 is better.

Innovaton/fun - Wii
Powerfull system - PS3
Online gaming - XBOX 360

That´s my opinion

anime-addict, wii's resolution will indeed be waaaay below what you get on a pc, or even below an xbox 360 or ps3, but its controller is definitely a more than adequate human interface!

512MB flash is probably the "hard drive" memory.. it doesn't make any sense at all to use it as RAM, they wouldn't do such a mistake (unless it's some kind of flash memory i never heard of before
tongue.gif
)..

you might be right about the cpu though.. i have no idea about the requirements for good physics computations, so i really wouldn't know if 800mhz is enough or nearly nothing at all
smile.gif
and the wii is supposed to have plenty of physics available, i heard that nintendo got a license for a physics emulation engine for developers to use..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back