Golden Time

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: GOLDEN TIME
Japanese: ゴールデンタイム
Airing date: 3/10/2013 (TV series 24 episodes)
Genres: Romantic comedy, Drama, Supernatural, Seinen, Harem?
Original creator: Yuyuko Takemiya
Original character designers: Ēji Komatsu (light novel) and Umechazuke (manga)
Director: Chiaki Kon
Written by: Fumihiko Shimo
Music by: Yukari Hashimoto
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Character designer: Shinya Hasegawa
Producers: Genco and Starchild Records
Studio: J.C.Staff
Network: BS-11 and MBS
Opening theme: "Golden Time" by Yui Horie
Ending theme: "Sweet & Sweet CHERRY" by Yui Horie

Main cast: Kōko Kaga (加賀 香子) voiced by Yui Horie
Banri Tada (多田 万里) voiced by Makoto Furukawa
Linda (リンダ) / Nana Hayashida (林田 奈々)http://golden-time.jp/images/character/03_02.png voiced by Ai Kayano
Mitsuo Yanagisawa (柳澤 光央) / Yanassan (ヤナっさん)http://golden-time.jp/images/character/04_02.png voiced by Kaito Ishikawa
Chinami Oka (岡 千波) voiced by Ibuki Kido
Nijigen (二次元 "2D") / Takaya Satō (佐藤 隆哉)http://golden-time.jp/images/character/06_02.png voiced by Takahiro Hikami
Nana-sempai (NANA先輩) voiced by Satomi Satō
Anime PVs, CMs & game CM:

TV series and PSV game official websites: http://golden-time.jp/ & http://d-game.dengeki.com/goldentime/

Synopsis: Tada Banri, a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo, found himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he ran into another lost freshman from the same school, Yanagisawa Mitsuo, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appeared in front of the two a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses. The girl then whacked Mitsuo across the face with the bouquet and handed the flowers over to him. "Freshman, congratulations", was all she said, and then left. The stylish, well dressed, perfect woman that had swung at Mitsuo was his childhood friend, Kaga Kouko. As children they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well known private college, but now she showed up in the freshman orientation hall. She too had taken the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.

QUOTE (Enjeh @ Aug 01 2013, 01:28 PM)Hmm Giving it a quick look, I would say that the only animes I will end up watching this fall is IS Infinite Stratos 2 and Golden Time. :3I decided to drop that IS sequel and GT's first episode suggests that this series might be a harem opposed to what its OP shows, but i'll be really surprised if it doesn't turn out like that (maybe is a love triangle or square?)... well IMO it looks promising compared to Nagi no asukara and other bittersweet romantic comedies I have saw, hopefully there'll be more characters development and gags to compensate drama telling by its cliffhanger; X very high: Ps 9/10

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 04 2013, 01:00 AM)first episode suggests that this series might be a harem opposed to what its OP shows, but i'll be really surprised if it doesn't turn out like that (maybe is a love triangle or square?)... well IMO it looks promising compared to Nagi no asukara and other bittersweet romantic comedies I have saw, hopefully there'll be more characters development and gags to compensate drama telling by its cliffhanger

I'll just add that, this anime will not contain a harem :3

Well from what I can say about this is that they managed to do something that involves a univirsity life instead of your typical highschool life here. Although I have to say I wish there was more of these types involving college students and the like instead of your typical highschool setting.

As for the series itself I have to say that I like how this series started, and by far it seems like the main boy is getting to meet a good ammount of ladies in the same division he's studying in. So from the looks of it he might just be a lovestruck fool here that somewhat likes the stalkergirl along with the other's he just met too.
laugh.gif

Watched the first two episodes, and I must say that his is a refreshing and enjoyable change to the usual romcom anime as of late and as of general. Its light, cute, a bit sad. Has the everyone weird in their own way, even though everyone is a good person at heart kind of vibe, which I agree to irl, so I'll be sticking to this.
tongue.gif
Hope more people follow it

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 05 2013, 10:27 AM) So from the looks of it he might just be a lovestruck fool here that somewhat likes the stalkergirl along with the other's he just met too.

Its not stalker girl, its "deep love" girl
biggrin.gif
And man, she's gorgeous.

After watching next to no animal for about three years, I decided to randomly pick this out from the anime listed on the front page.

Just watched the first two episodes and this anime is lots of what I used to enjoy about anime. It's light hearted fun. Even though it seems a tad cliché in that our main protagonist seems to be the only one to notice the heroine it's not cheesy or bad thus far.

The first episode had me a bit lost as to the plot behind this series, but it seems straightforward now. And scenes like when Tada gets dragged away by the Tea club, made me laugh and watched that scene a second time. Loved it.

Will admit I'm going to try my best to follow this because I really enjoyed it. Roll on episode 3.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Oct 13 2013, 06:50 AM)Just watched the first two episodes and this anime is lots of what I used to enjoy about anime. It's light hearted fun. Even though it seems a tad cliché in that our main protagonist seems to be the only one to notice the heroine it's not cheesy or bad thus far.

The first episode had me a bit lost as to the plot behind this series, but it seems straightforward now. And scenes like when Tada gets dragged away by the Tea club, made me laugh and watched that scene a second time. Loved it.

Will admit I'm going to try my best to follow this because I really enjoyed it. Roll on episode 3.
QUOTE (Nioki @ Oct 10 2013, 07:05 PM)I must say that his is a refreshing and enjoyable change to the usual romcom anime as of late and as of general. Its light, cute, a bit sad. Has the everyone weird in their own way, even though everyone is a good person at heart kind of vibe, which I agree to irl, so I'll be sticking to this.
tongue.gif
Hope more people follow it
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 05 2013, 10:27 AM)So from the looks of it he might just be a lovestruck fool here that somewhat likes the stalkergirl along with the other's he just met too.
Its not stalker girl, its "deep love" girl
biggrin.gif
And man, she's gorgeous.absolutely! count me in ^^ the kind of romantic comedy I really missed since Kimi ni todoke about a lonely girl that people, except family or friends are afraid talking to her but later she meets someone who breaks that barrier and both fall in love... i suspected the laid-back club was fishy and forceful contrary to its name but didn't imagine it was a religion in ep.3 :/, if i were Banri i would have joined that hot latin dancers' club in ep.1 because the 'Tea girls' are too scary as seen in ep.2's party
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 17 2013, 04:00 PM) i suspected the laid-back club was fishy and forceful contrary to its name but didn't imagine it was a religion in ep.3 :/, if i were Banri i would have joined that hot latin dancers' club in ep.1 because the 'Tea girls' are too scary as seen in ep.2's party
tongue.gif

LOL When they pulled up in the white vans with white tracksuits and I saw their emblem, my first thought was, "Banri's being abducted by the Quincy!" (Bleach anime/manga reference)

The hot Latin dancer's club is where I would have gone too!
biggrin.gif

So I wonder how many episodes we'll have to wait to find out who the heck "Barbara" is? OR did he just forget and say a wrong name for Linda? Time will tell I guess. Linda is FAR too cute for him to simply forget, but to me she has that "Big sister feel" to her more than I see her as a potential love interest for Banri.

I'm noticing a trend in male protagonists with soap opera-type ailments... Narcolepsy, amnesia, "Ultimate/Absolute decision disorder", Fear of girls, etc...

I feel like the industry has reached the point where they are making the same discovery as Agatha Christie's audience had with Hercule Poirot... He was "too perfect", and the average readers just couldn't identify with him. Enter Sherlock Holmes, who while brilliant was VERY flawed. (Addiction to cocaine/absinthe (Depends on who you ask), pipe tobacco use, fits of depression, etc..) So maybe the industry has come to the conclusion that the typical male has inferiority complexes, and don't like seeing these "perfect guys" getting all these ungodly hot women, and would rather root for a flawed protagonist so that they can see themselves in his place?

I'm really enjoying this so far. But I'm also wondering just how long that 10% she was talking about in the forest will take to grow to where she finally realizes that she likes being with Tada Banri more than she wants to keep chasing her childhood friend?

I went to school with some girls like the Tea club girls, and I hope that they stick around because if nothing else, they add that "Silver spoon" anime wildness and discomfort. I also hope that 2D-kun becomes a more prominent character. I like him as a Lou Costello to Banri's Bud Abbott.

As an aside, I have a slight feeling of dread concerning Banri's past... This could SO easily take a "Clannad" turn and in short order we learn that he actually died and this Tada Banri is a manifestation of the original Banri's unfulfilled wishes to go to college, make friends, and fall in love. Once he realizes his dreams, he'll just "Cease to be" like Makoto did when her deterioration finally came to an end. (I admit it, I cried at the end of that story arc! Auuu!!!!)
laugh.gif

And BTW Necro... About your animated GIF:
tumblr_mn4go6zzeO1spbtxxo1_500.gif

THANK GOD FOR ANIMATION! BANZAI!! BANZAI!!! BANZAI!!!! *sniff-sniff* (Wipes away tears)
biggrin.gif

Well at first I was like okay this episode is going to be fun, until they made the twist of them actually joining a cult following. Oddly enough I was going to say if Banri-kun was making up the amnesia deal I would of said that was a total badass way of geting everyone out of the place to being with.

Although for him to sack himself to save the others was rather a noble cause if you ask me. Granted to think Kouko would come back for him just to make sure he isn't alone at all.

As for Linda I think she inadvertantly managed to save them frmt he cult club since it seems that they stumbled upon the festival club doing their practice dancing routine I would take it.

QUOTE (Nioki @ Oct 10 2013, 07:05 PM)Its not stalker girl, its "deep love" girl And man, she's gorgeous.

Yeah but she doesn't have the same vibe as the girl from Zetsubou Sensei here, but more along the line of being fairly aquward towards him at times.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 17 2013, 11:26 PM)As for Linda i think she inadvertantly managed to save them frmt he cult club since it seems that they stumbled upon the festival club doing their practice dancing routine I would take it.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 17 2013, 08:55 PM)So I wonder how many episodes we'll have to wait to find out who the heck "Barbara" is? OR did he just forget and say a wrong name for Linda? Time will tell I guess. Linda is FAR too cute for him to simply forget, but to me she has that "Big sister feel" to her more than I see her as a potential love interest for Banri.answer: one episode o.0 no wonder why she saved Banri many times and cares for him like he was her boyfriend, because he really was! so a love triangle's on now that he confessed to Kouko in ep.4 after Mitsuo 'officially' broke with her... I disliked her harsh spoiled ojou-sama attitude at Oka-chan :/ what a turn-off if that was her true personality anytime she saw another girl with him, btw is this a NANA crossover or is a new girl unrelated to the series only resembling her?;p
about my previous sig with the hot nurse Makoto here are Yamato Girls' pics
biggrin.gif

So Banri-kun finally confessed to Kouko now. I was wondering when that would happen. To think it happened after she realized that she was pushing Mitsuo into wanting to have him be with her.

Not only that but it seems that there was a thing between Banri-kun and Linda afterall it would seem. Honestly I wasn't expecting that at all, but it was kind of hinted this episode though.

Well, I've never even cared much at all for Kaga-san. But this time she's stepped too far. And the fact that Banri-san seem to take her side in every situation makes me dislike him more and more as well. =/
Though Chinami-san seem like a really good person! I'd love for the one we have to follow around in this show to have fallen for her. But as things are as they are, I'd rather follow Yana-san around as he seem like the most reasonable person in this series so far, plus he seem to be getting along with Chinami-san the best!
Too bad the story and the camera is stuck on Banri-san. =(

lol the anime is being butchered to make a lot of chapters fit into a single episode.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Oct 27 2013, 09:01 PM) lol the anime is being butchered to make a lot of chapters fit into a single episode.
Not much financing, plus I don't mind - anime is good, and I'll get a chance to enjoy the manga
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 17 2013, 07:55 PM)As an aside, I have a slight feeling of dread concerning Banri's past...  This could SO easily take a "Clannad" turn and in short order we learn that he actually died and this Tada Banri is a manifestation of the original Banri's unfulfilled wishes to go to college, make friends, and fall in love.  Once he realizes his dreams, he'll just "Cease to be" like Makoto did when her deterioration finally came to an end.  (I admit it, I cried at the end of that story arc! Auuu!!!!)
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Silendris @ Oct 25 2013, 05:34 AM)Chinami-san seem like a really good person! I'd love for the one we have to follow around in this show to have fallen for her. But as things are as they are, I'd rather follow Yana-san around as he seem like the most reasonable person in this series so far, plus he seem to be getting along with Chinami-san the best!
Too bad the story and the camera is stuck on Banri-san. =(well i still ship KagaxTada ;/ her arrogant stalker oujosama attitude is changing because he loves her the way she is, but I agree that OkaxYana deserves more screentime (i prefer ChizuxRyu over SadakoxKazehaya in Kimi ni Todoke) ^^... wow the plot is starting to get more serious since ep.5 o.0 as Knorris suspected this series is similar to clannad, though here Banri didnt die but his present and past selves were split in 2 souls :/ one inside his body and another as a spirit
ohmy.gif

Clannad? I'd say it's more similar to Kanon in that spirit sense. And I can't really say that I'm rooting for their friendship/relationship to even hold. Or, well, it's okay if it does, as long as I don't have to witness it. =P She's a real rotten girl, and Banri is...well, he's Banri. Enough said. xD Though I'm not going to drop this show, it's better than not watching anime after all.

if you say so ;p i don't remember much about Kanon now that you mention they're alike so Banri is, a crybaby what you tried to post? i mean Linda acted more manly than him in the ep'6 graduation flashback... anyway i can understand why you don' t like Koko who is mad at Oka-chan for 'stealing' Yana-san, in comparison that 'loli' is good natured ^^ "Ladies I have tribute for you!" the Tea club girls are back!
laugh.gif

Just watched ep 6 and was surprised at how it went. I didn't expect the confrontation with Linda to go how it did, but I suspect more of it will come later. And I hope there is more to the Linda story, I like her much more than Koko.

Was anyone else disappointed that Banri seems to have gone for Koko and not Linda?

My fav part of this episode: When Banri threw both of them into the Tea Club's party as a tribute. That was great.

Oh and Knorris908-san, that gif is awesome xD

Well it looks like Banri-kun managed to confront Linda as to why she never tried to get him to remeber other than acting like he never met her from the get-go.

Although at the same time Kouko is still acting like her clingly aquward self still, since it looks like she still can't get over Mitsuo at all. I mean she pretty much took advantage of Banri-kun ever since she met him. Although at least he did grow a backbone in confronting her lack of delacacy at all here.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 12 2013, 01:44 AM)Kouko is still acting like her clingly aquward self still, since it looks like she still can't get over Mitsuo at all. I mean she pretty much took advantage of Banri-kun ever since she met him. Although at least he did grow a backbone in confronting her lack of delacacy at all here.
QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Nov 11 2013, 09:53 AM)Just watched ep 6 and was surprised at how it went. I didn't expect the confrontation with Linda to go how it did, but I suspect more of it will come later. And I hope there is more to the Linda story, I like her much more than Koko.

Was anyone else disappointed that Banri seems to have gone for Koko and not Linda?

Oh and Knorris908-san, that gif is awesome xDactually he copypastaed it from my Yamato 2199 theme sig gif last month ^^ I suggest you to watch that great series too, anyway KagaxTada didnt disappoint me ;p they really complement each other (Linda deserves a better boyfriend)... also makes sense why the Eiffel tower is shown in its OP now that Kouko has "a new target to stalk", funny to see Yana's dyed hair and ran away from Chinami but I feel bad for 2D-kun so I expect him to end with the "Nanas" or Tea girls
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 15 2013, 01:00 AM) actually he copypastaed it from my Yamato 2199 theme sig gif last month ^^
Yes I did Maiku-Ando! It is literally the most perfect gif animation that I have seen to date in terms of animation "flow" while looping, and of course its "content"!
wink.gif

I did give you credit for that one Necro-Ryu, and continue to bow to you as gif-master supreme. Banzai!
laugh.gif

It impressed me enough to replace my Attack on Titan gif which has stopped working for some reason with it...

If that is just too much worship of your skills, PM me and I will replace it.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back