#61 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts
  • Interests:on vacation~

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hey guys, it looks like the day of the launch is finally here! Hope Hibito's weather forecasting is correct and they actually do launch the rocket... it would be disappointing if they didn't after all that buildup tongue.gif
I understand how Mutta feels, but he should give himself a break because he's only human. At least there is a part of him that feels happy for Hibito and he's not 100% envious, that's a good thing!
I had to roll my eyes at the punk kid causing unnecessary trouble with Apo. Why release a dog thats obviously tied up by an owner at NASA?! The only time I could see anyone being worried about a situation like that is if you see the dog alone for HOURS on end without anyone around. But even then, the smart thing to do is go in and ask about the dog, not RELEASE it so it can run away and possibly go missing. -____-

Currently Watching:

Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zur�ckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#62 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

The whole punkfamily was annoying not only the little one. Apo is now on his way to Hibito I would say. I hope that wont bring trouble but as this show went till now it wont because for now everything was easy without problems.
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#63 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 22 2012, 09:08 AM)
Hey guys, it looks like the day of the launch is finally here! Hope Hibito's weather forecasting is correct and they actually do launch the rocket... it would be disappointing if they didn't after all that buildup
that would be a real shame but remember that Hibito has been lucky since he was born, so the launch was successful and his pet Apo was found by his NASA pilot instructor ^^ ...also Mutta now understands why his brother admires Azuma after meeting his family and friendly side, I guess Hibito will have more screentime while he's in his way to land on the moon and hopefully nothing bad happens to him and his team wink.gif
July theme: Kaiji - a: S1 Ultimate Survivor, s: S2 Hakairoku·hen
Posted ImagePosted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 15 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Golden Kamuy - 10/10 (airing) C-
2. Violet Evergarden - 10/10 (waiting for ep.14) B+
3. Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - 9/10 (airing) A+
4. Overlord II - 9/10 (waiting for season 3) B-
5. Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Series - 8/10 (airing) B
6. Steins;Gate 0 - 8/10 (airing) C-
7. Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara 2nd Season - 7/10 (ar) B
8. Piano no Mori - 7/10 (airing) A
9. 3D Kanojo: Real Girl - 7/10 (airing) A
10. Darling in the FranXX - 6/10 (airing) B+
11. Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan - 6/10 (airing) A-
12. Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - 6/10 (special) B-
13. Lupin III: Part V - 5/10 (airing) A+
14. SAO Alternative Gun Gale Online - 5/10 (recap) B-
15. Cutie Honey Universe - 4/10 (airing) B
* Guilty pleasure: Digimon Adventure Tri - 4/10 (ongoing?) A-

#64 ImTakes

ImTakes

sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6536 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

The series was beginning to drag for me as in BORING until Hibito and company got more screen time and the series finally started to focus on their Lunar adventures. The drama that has ensued as a result of Hibito's accident and near-death experience has been very well portrayed.
Of course, the thought of Brian-san coming to his aid in his final moment's, as the Oxygen tank, was never doubted since it had been programmed to roll on the moon's surface as soon as Houston got wind the boys were in trouble. Hibito's ability to think things through and to follow through in a calm and very focused manor has really won him some major anime fan points from me.
Only someone as strong willed, as determined, and as pure of heart as Hibito could pull it off and attach himself to the Oxygen reserve tank named after his mentor...and live to tell the tale. Hooray!  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

How ironic it has become ... a one man show.

#65 Klyern

Klyern

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Misaka Imouto, to Hachikuji, soshite saigo wa Hachikuji!&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;*sound of sirens*&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/streaklyern/lolimechibi_zps8e0c7404.gif&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;But seriously, interests? almost any anime and manga (and a few LN)&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;My favorites would range from stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, GaRei, Narue no Sekai, HiFuMi, Haruhi's Melancholy, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi, YuYu Hakusho, Level E, Hunter x Hunter, Hayate no Gotoku, Luck Stealer, To Aru, FMA, Nanoha/Puella, Akame ga Kiru, Molester man, Yume de aetara, Gantz, 7seeds, Saber Marionette, Maoyuu (-Kono watashi no mono toonare, yuusha yo. -Kotowaru!), Yuusha Gojo Kumiai (reminds me of an old forum i hanged in), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Hanako and the Allegory teller, Shakugan no Shana, SAO, Log Horizon, Tokyo Ghoul, Bleach, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Sengoku Youko, Karin, Aion, DNAngel, Angel Densetsu, Liar Game, Medaka, Shaman King, Campione, Fire Candy, Noblesse, Freezing, xxHolic, Samurai Flamenco, Slayers, Onepunch, Monstermusume, Centaur no Nayami, Unbalance x Unbalance, ZERO, Zero no Tsukaima, Sankarea, Franken Fran, I am Hiro, Ressentiment, and even shoujo stuff like Amnesia, Akuma to dolce, Karakuri Odette, MOMO Shuumatsu Teien e youkozo, Girl Saurus DX, Zettai Kareshi, Kare Kano, and Fushigi Yuugi (and more but my fingers would turn to white ashes if i had to writte all the shoujo manga, manhwa and normal manga i read).&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Favorite authors are more or less in this order;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;(HnG) Kenjiro Hata, (bakemonogatari etc) NisiOisiN, (To Aru etc) Kamachi Kazuma, (JoJo) Hirohiko Arakii, (Sao etc) Reki Kawahara, (Slayers etc) Hajime Kanzaka, (Shakugan no Shana) Yashichiro Takahashi, (Gundam) Yoshiyuki Tomino, (kenshin) Nobuhiro Watsuki, (YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Level E, seriously get better :( ) Yoshihiro Togashi, (FMA, Silver Spoon) Arakawa Hiromu, (Haruhi) Nagaru Tanigawa, (Gantz, Inu Yashiki etc) Hiroya Oku, (Samidare, Sengoku Youko) Mizukami Satoshi, (ga rei) Segawa Hajime, (saint seiya) Masami Kurumada, (Chuunibyou) Torako (akuma to dolce, karakuri odete, kamisama hajimemashita) Suzuki Julietta, (Akira) Katsuhiro Otomo, (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2) Takahashi Rumiko, (freezing, kurokami) Lim Dall-young, (dbz) Akira Toriyama, and (girl saurus, bitter virgin, etc) Kusunoki Kei. And will probably have to nudge Yuu Sasuga in there soon enough, only a couple of chapters in and gotta say he's godlike lol&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Lately i am extremely interested in a genre that is still not very well self defined but i think it might be the next &quot;thing&quot;, the genre would be a setting were the characters are outside of highschool and working, like Servant Service, Denki-gai, or Bonnouji (or Asistant to mangakasan).&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I think its a great genre that will come alive thanks to the decreasing birthrate in Japan and the increasing amount of old otakus. (paving way to &quot;customers&quot; more interested in dramas outside of highschool, i keep remembering too what a friend used to say &quot;why the hell do all settings have to be in school :(&quot; i dont really agree but i see his point now)&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Aside from that (anime interests) I am a male gamer, i used to play a lot of Dota (w3 map) and LoL but stopped because it was getting quite ugly (like an addiction), i love shooters, morpgs, and any kind of single player game (any genre such as action fighting strategy or rpg, even simulation games, i used to like management games but that was when the only management games i knew were Sim City, Sim Hospital, Sim Theme Park, and Transport Tycoon, nowadays i dont like management games because they keep reminding me of how good the old retro ones were compared to the new ones, such as crusader kings etc). I also love the battle simulation games like Chivalry or JKA II, and i highly recommend trying Chivalry on Steam.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;My favorite game series are Disgaea, Tales of, Xcom (although they botched the reboot), Warcraft, (Tactics/Battle) Ogre, FF (altough they keep botching it after lightning's games), SMT/persona, D&amp;D inspired games like Baldur's Gate, as well as Shadowrun and similar series with boardgame-like rulesets or atmosphere, Shinobido, Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors, and GEB, and any Monhun-like games.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;My favorite morpgs are Mu online, Ragnarok online (first one), Tera online, SMTI online (died in NA T_T), Aion, Silkroad online (f*****g botfest), and right now im looking forward to Merchants of Kaidan (looks yummy), which definitely isnt a mmorpg but would be cool if it had a multiplayer element like Shogun 2 has.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

This series is good, but seriously? two recap episodes on a row?????????

Ayumu Watanabe curse you!
mabushi_zps2bea3b83.giforechikai23_zpsxbx5du0s.gif
last update; JUNE 27 Street Meatballs messing with your cyberspace? call Viktor now for a permanent Iface upgrade! We will reconfig your dreck beyond evil!

#66 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the recap episodes.... God, that's disappointing, didn't bother watching them :/

Currently Watching:

Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zur�ckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#67 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 14 2013, 07:21 AM)
This series is good, but seriously? two recap episodes on a row?????????

Ayumu Watanabe curse you!
QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 15 2013, 10:20 PM)
Thanks for the heads up on the recap episodes.... God, that's disappointing, didn't bother watching them :/
WTF not only two but THREE recaps in a row with ep.54 o.O what were they thinking?! and I though a single recap was a waste of TV time ¬¬ it fits on April fool's day, but this bad joke is going too far after 3 weeks -.- this series used to be good but now it's in the bottom of my watchlist and as they keep trolling us I'm dropping it...

Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers (theatrical live action movie) spring 2012 - 7/10
UK 1st cour: Mutta's first JAXA tests (TV series episode 1 to 13) spring 2012 - 8/10
UK cour 2: Mutta's 3rd exam confined in a room (ep.14 to 26) summer 2012 - 7/10
UK cour3: Hibito's launch to space & Mutta joins JAXA (ep.27 to 39) fall 2012 - 9/10
UK cour4: Hibito's dramatic moon accident & recap (ep.40 to 52) winter 2013 - 6/10
UK 2nd recap (ep.53 "Stand on the Moon, Together and Alive") spring 2013 - 5/10
UK 3rd recap (ep.54 "Do I Have Good Luck?") spring 2013 - 4/10 & dropped
Posted ImagePosted Image

#68 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with the recap too... I feel like the show has been dipping in quality for awhile now, in terms of animation and story. Buuuuuut, I am really invested in this show, and seeing if Mutta reaches his dream of joining Hibito in space. So I'm still on board, but I wish they would do a better job on the show than they have been doing lately, especially after such a strong start.

Currently Watching:

My Anime List

#69 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

erm good point as I used to be invested in this series too and I'm reconsidering to pick it up again, but like you said the quality is dropping lately so it feels like each episode is getting more slow paced and boring at times... oh well I guess i will marathon the rest until it's finished depending how good it gets after "Afro" and company pass the ASCAN test, maybe I'll regret my decision later like I did with Shin Sekai Yori dropping it after the first 3 eps but I'll take the risk again wink.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Even marathoning it you can't help but feel the drag of the slow pace. They've long been at the point where they spend two or three minutes recapping the last episode before anything happens in the current episode. It's a long-running shounen series failing that almost always crops up. I think we are probably going to be spared any made up side-story filler episodes at least. I just wish they would take up the mode Gintama did, putting the series on hiatus until there is enough story for a new season.

Anyway...

I call bull$#!% on NASA ever letting a moon rover drive around in unmapped areas, so the whole Hibito misadventure on the moon rings untrue to me.

I once read some tips on writing fiction and one of the things that stayed with me from it was that it's OK to let your characters get into trouble by coincidence but it's not OK to let them get out of trouble by coincidence. So I found Hibito just happening to walk off in the direction that the Brian was coming from very annoying. Also, Sharon contracting ALS, which Serika was uniquely able to diagnose from her personal experience bugs me too.

I thought the whole thing with Amanti's psychic predictions completely retarded. In fact, her whole character is retarded since the premonitions seem to be the only reason she exists in the show. If we ever see her again I'm sure it will only be for some more dumb predictions.

Mutta's avoided these kinds of story traps for, always managing make his way forward despite his occasional lack of confidence. It's hard work and dedication and cleverness that always get's him out of trouble, which makes him an inspiring character, and that's what makes me really continue watching the show.

I loved the whole T-38 jet training arc with Deniel Young and how that led into the power-climb thing and Mutta's failed heart in the sky. Keep fighting Mutta, Serika is definitely a prize worth fighting for.

It felt like they glossed over some of the other stuff from ASCAN training a bit too quickly. They made a big deal foreshadowing the possibility of ASCANS dropping out before becoming Astronauts, but then when it came to it in the end, they just had a one-liner about a couple of guys quitting. It feels to me like they missed a good opportunity for some good storytelling there.

The new arc with Hibito and his panic attacks makes him a bit more human and enjoyable for me since he's been a bit too perfect in the series so far. Though, again, I can't believe NASA and JAXA would give up on an astronaut of his caliber so quickly because of these issues. But anyway, the writers are making him work though some personal failings with hard work for once, so in the end it's a good thing for character development. Weird to see him creeping on a 15-year-old, though.

I'm liking the new stuff with the NEEMO training. It's got the feel of getting back to the best days of the series when Mutta was still just trying to get into JAXA.

#71 Klyern

Klyern

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Hachikuji, to Misaka Imouto, to Hachikuji, soshite saigo wa Hachikuji!&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;*sound of sirens*&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh487/streaklyern/lolimechibi_zps8e0c7404.gif&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;But seriously, interests? almost any anime and manga (and a few LN)&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;My favorites would range from stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, GaRei, Narue no Sekai, HiFuMi, Haruhi's Melancholy, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi, YuYu Hakusho, Level E, Hunter x Hunter, Hayate no Gotoku, Luck Stealer, To Aru, FMA, Nanoha/Puella, Akame ga Kiru, Molester man, Yume de aetara, Gantz, 7seeds, Saber Marionette, Maoyuu (-Kono watashi no mono toonare, yuusha yo. -Kotowaru!), Yuusha Gojo Kumiai (reminds me of an old forum i hanged in), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Hanako and the Allegory teller, Shakugan no Shana, SAO, Log Horizon, Tokyo Ghoul, Bleach, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Sengoku Youko, Karin, Aion, DNAngel, Angel Densetsu, Liar Game, Medaka, Shaman King, Campione, Fire Candy, Noblesse, Freezing, xxHolic, Samurai Flamenco, Slayers, Onepunch, Monstermusume, Centaur no Nayami, Unbalance x Unbalance, ZERO, Zero no Tsukaima, Sankarea, Franken Fran, I am Hiro, Ressentiment, and even shoujo stuff like Amnesia, Akuma to dolce, Karakuri Odette, MOMO Shuumatsu Teien e youkozo, Girl Saurus DX, Zettai Kareshi, Kare Kano, and Fushigi Yuugi (and more but my fingers would turn to white ashes if i had to writte all the shoujo manga, manhwa and normal manga i read).&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Favorite authors are more or less in this order;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;(HnG) Kenjiro Hata, (bakemonogatari etc) NisiOisiN, (To Aru etc) Kamachi Kazuma, (JoJo) Hirohiko Arakii, (Sao etc) Reki Kawahara, (Slayers etc) Hajime Kanzaka, (Shakugan no Shana) Yashichiro Takahashi, (Gundam) Yoshiyuki Tomino, (kenshin) Nobuhiro Watsuki, (YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Level E, seriously get better :( ) Yoshihiro Togashi, (FMA, Silver Spoon) Arakawa Hiromu, (Haruhi) Nagaru Tanigawa, (Gantz, Inu Yashiki etc) Hiroya Oku, (Samidare, Sengoku Youko) Mizukami Satoshi, (ga rei) Segawa Hajime, (saint seiya) Masami Kurumada, (Chuunibyou) Torako (akuma to dolce, karakuri odete, kamisama hajimemashita) Suzuki Julietta, (Akira) Katsuhiro Otomo, (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2) Takahashi Rumiko, (freezing, kurokami) Lim Dall-young, (dbz) Akira Toriyama, and (girl saurus, bitter virgin, etc) Kusunoki Kei. And will probably have to nudge Yuu Sasuga in there soon enough, only a couple of chapters in and gotta say he's godlike lol&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Lately i am extremely interested in a genre that is still not very well self defined but i think it might be the next &quot;thing&quot;, the genre would be a setting were the characters are outside of highschool and working, like Servant Service, Denki-gai, or Bonnouji (or Asistant to mangakasan).&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I think its a great genre that will come alive thanks to the decreasing birthrate in Japan and the increasing amount of old otakus. (paving way to &quot;customers&quot; more interested in dramas outside of highschool, i keep remembering too what a friend used to say &quot;why the hell do all settings have to be in school :(&quot; i dont really agree but i see his point now)&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Aside from that (anime interests) I am a male gamer, i used to play a lot of Dota (w3 map) and LoL but stopped because it was getting quite ugly (like an addiction), i love shooters, morpgs, and any kind of single player game (any genre such as action fighting strategy or rpg, even simulation games, i used to like management games but that was when the only management games i knew were Sim City, Sim Hospital, Sim Theme Park, and Transport Tycoon, nowadays i dont like management games because they keep reminding me of how good the old retro ones were compared to the new ones, such as crusader kings etc). I also love the battle simulation games like Chivalry or JKA II, and i highly recommend trying Chivalry on Steam.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;My favorite game series are Disgaea, Tales of, Xcom (although they botched the reboot), Warcraft, (Tactics/Battle) Ogre, FF (altough they keep botching it after lightning's games), SMT/persona, D&amp;D inspired games like Baldur's Gate, as well as Shadowrun and similar series with boardgame-like rulesets or atmosphere, Shinobido, Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors, and GEB, and any Monhun-like games.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;My favorite morpgs are Mu online, Ragnarok online (first one), Tera online, SMTI online (died in NA T_T), Aion, Silkroad online (f*****g botfest), and right now im looking forward to Merchants of Kaidan (looks yummy), which definitely isnt a mmorpg but would be cool if it had a multiplayer element like Shogun 2 has.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Between Kappe and Nyanbo its obvious who the author wants to go to the moon >_>
I'll bet theres some unexpected developments to come tou, never saw sharon being sick coming.
mabushi_zps2bea3b83.giforechikai23_zpsxbx5du0s.gif
last update; JUNE 27 Street Meatballs messing with your cyberspace? call Viktor now for a permanent Iface upgrade! We will reconfig your dreck beyond evil!

#72 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Nov 17 2013, 09:24 PM)
Even marathoning it you can't help but feel the drag of the slow pace. They've long been at the point where they spend two or three minutes recapping the last episode before anything happens in the current episode. It's a long-running shounen series failing that almost always crops up. I think we are probably going to be spared any made up side-story filler episodes at least. I just wish they would take up the mode Gintama did, putting the series on hiatus until there is enough story for a new season.
QUOTE (Klyern @ Nov 23 2013, 03:53 PM)
Between Kappe and Nyanbo its obvious who the author wants to go to the moon >_>
thanks for your insight pals ^^ i decided to give it another chance marathoning up to ep.84, after the recap trollfest where i left ;/ this season is getting decent again with the Russia and NEEMO arcs... also I'm glad its comic relief Mr. Hibbit is over (for real?) because it took time from many episodes, so why not a short series instead? :/ well is very predictable that Mutta will be chosen over Kenji tongue.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Yes, a great episode where Mutta thinks outside the box surprising everyone, and then goes and makes Kenji his bro again. I don't take anything that is said during these training missions at face value anymore, so I don't think it's actually for sure that only one of them can go to the Moon. Even if it is true, I'm not sure it's a foregone conclusion that Mutta will get chosen. And even if he is, you have to know that good-guy Kenji will have his day too. Even if it's not with NASA, there is the impending JAXA space vehicle program to look to and Japanese Astronauts to crew that will put Kenji and the rest at a premium.

also I'm glad its comic relief Mr. Hibbit is over (for real?) because it took time from many episodes, so why not a short series instead?

More filler to kill time while they let the Manga get ahead of the Anime. That's why. Those were really awful too, weren't they? And turning the black astronaut into a Gorilla? That's in no way racially insensitive at all, is it?

Edited by AccipiterF1, 04 December 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#74 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Dec 03 2013, 08:00 PM)
Yes, a great episode where Mutta thinks outside the box surprising everyone, and then goes and makes Kenji his bro again.
not only Mutta but also Kenji came with a good idea in ep'85 which was simple: a beachball, to protect the antenna from debris so they get along again helping each other to make their job easier... he realized that cooperating like they did since they met will be more productive than competing coldly, as he reacted at first after knowing that 'only one will go to the moon' who as expected is Afro smile.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

Oh crap, ultra slow-paced episode stretching is back. And worse, Mr. Hibbito is back too. dry.gif

Mutta goes to the moon, not a surprise after the NEEMO training. I think Reiji and Kenji are being a bit dense about what kind of future project they are getting groomed for. Zero-G training for after the ISS is planned to shut down? It's Mars, dummies!

#76 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

you know what is worse than a new Mr. hibbit omake? another recap of Hibito's tragic moon accident, to take extra minutes from this series besides the weekly minirecap about previous episodes :/... it's over with ep.91 now that he passed the test and a new arc will start with more characters, so I wonder if they'll add fillers or end it this winter and continue until there's enough manga material sleep.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#77 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

So Nanba meets the members of his back-up crew, people we are told he will likely go to space with. And it just wouldn't be Space Brothers if new characters different countries didn't hit all the cliches! So Italians are chauvinistic pigs and Jamaicans are dread-headed guys who yell "Ya mon!" I wonder who the so-far hidden back-up mission commander will be, an Englishman who has a stiff upper lip and insists on tea at 4:00 PM every day, or a Frenchman who wears a beret and striped shirt and is unaccountably rude about baguettes? At least Nanba gets some nice eye-candy on his crew.

By the way, the amount of good Space Brothers fan-art directed at straight males is way too low.

Attached Files

#78 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

more minirecaps and longer Mr Hibbit omakes in ep.93 :/ the stereotypical new cast annoys me too, only one worth to see is that tomboy hottie (btw nice pic!) but I'm afraid she'll leave after this arc... like Amanti did previously? i just hope the rest of this season doesn't turn into a flashback-fest, slowpaced and boring as the ASCAN arc which made me drop this series (plus 3 awfull recap eps)dry.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

And it's gone. If they knew they were going to end in 99 episodes, they should have done a better job of arcing the side-stories. I mean Nanba has an off screen drink at Vince-san's house and everything is OK. What the hell happened?

Anyway, apparently there is a prequel movie in the works, and perhaps the series will come back again when they won't have to use delay tactics like repeated recaps and Mr. Hibbito to keep from overrunning the available manga material.

#80 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

as they trolled us before just in case I checked today if an episode 100 is aired, it really ended so despite its slowpace and minifillers most eps were enjoyable...

Uchū Kyōdai cour 5: ASCAN test & Hibito's return (ep.55-64) spring 2013 - 5/10
UK cour'6: T-38 jet training & Sharon's ALS arc (ep.65-75) summer 2013 - 6/10
Mr. Hibbit (11 short omakes & minirecap hell starts) summer to fall 2013 - 3/10
UK cour7: Mutta's NEEMO test & Hibito in Russia arc (ep.76-87) fall 2013 - 8/10
Mr. Hibbit '2nd season' (4 longer omakes beside minirecaps) winter 2014 - 2/10
UK cour8: Hibito gone & lunar mission cliffhanger (ep'88-99) winter 2014 - 7/10
Posted ImagePosted Image