Hyper Police.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

DragonSlaughter

-san
Kouhai
Anybody read the series?

It's a pretty good manga series created by Minoru Tachikawa, under the pseudonym MEE.

Explanation from back of first book:

"In a future rife with crime, humans are an endangered species- and monsters have taken over! It's up to the Police Company to keep the peace. Natsuki is a catgirl who uses magical powers to enforce the law. However, her greatest threat doesn't come from the criminals. She is partnered with Sakura, a nine-tailed fox who craves something more then attention. She is plotting to eat Natsuki and gobble up her magic! In this dog-eat-dog world, will Natsuki give her partner a taste of her own medicine? "

Overview:

"It is the 22nd year of the holy century(HC). The human race has all but disappeared. While a small number of men, women, and children cling desperately to life, most have died out, victims of a superior race of monsters who have made the earth their home."

This series is both in manga and anime. The show and the manga are very different when it comes to events and storylines though.

Eh, although I would have rather discussed the show, it's completely in japanese so I couldn't find any English explanations, so I used it from the book.

So can a moderator move this to manga forum please? Thank you.

done!

according to anidb there are english fansubs of the series, they're probably just hard to find.. i might try to download it one of these days, there's always room for some good ecchi on my collection.. hehehe^^

damn, now that i moved it to the manga section i started talking about the anime. i'm such a rule breaker
smile.gif

QUOTE (darkdog @ Nov 15 2006, 05:22 AM) according to anidb there are english fansubs of the series, they're probably just hard to find.. i might try to download it one of these days, there's always room for some good ecchi on my collection.. hehehe^^
The reason is probably because this series is so old that subbers don't host this any more.

kit, is it licensed? i found a torrent for it but didn't try to get it yet, so i don't know if there are any seeders.. we'll split the thread later if necessary
tongue.gif

QUOTE (darkdog @ Nov 15 2006, 01:28 PM) kit, is it licensed? i found a torrent for it but didn't try to get it yet, so i don't know if there are any seeders.. we'll split the thread later if necessary
tongue.gif

From what I'm aware of, no its not

Thank you Darkdog for moving this.

Well it's not mainstream, so I can tell that this isn't known and/or liked much.
I'm pretty sure that the manga is and will be much more liked then the show, because the show is old. Once it starts spreading that is. And true, I can't find the show anywhere but for sale on amazon.

On Topic:

There are only 7 books out right now, book 8 is being worked on.

If I had a scanner I would just post up the pages for anyone who would like to browse them before acctually trying it. I will try finding a zip or something for it over the Internet so I can try to better spread this.

well, if it's not licensed, i found a torrent on LIME anime.. i'm yet to start downloading the series so i don't know if there are any seeders, but i'll start getting one of these days.

end of anime off-topicness..

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back