Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni_logo.jpg

Title: Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When Seagulls Cry)
Japanese Title: うみねこのなく頃に
Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Psychological thriller
Premier: TBA
Original Creators: 07th Expansion
Animation Studio: Studio DEEN (Possibly
wink.gif
)

Game Summary:

The story focuses on a group of eighteen people on a secluded island for a period of two days, and the mysterious murders that befall most of the people. The goal of the game is to discern whether the murderer is human or of some other supernatural source.

mainrg8.jpg

Plot:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986 during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima (六軒島, Rokkenjima?). The head of a wealthy family named Kinzō Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eleven of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzō's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are five of Kinzō's servants, and his personal physician. After the eleven family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered.

(~Credit goes to WIKI~)

More Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni

News Source: http://www.fwinc.co.jp/img/mediainfo/mi19/mi19_04_05.pdf

Cast:

Umineko_characters.jpg

My Thoughts:

OMG.......I sense I'm going to get a serious MIND-F**K!!!!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

I woke up and saw this on my RSS feed and I was like HOLY SH*T YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

me wanted to make this thread
sad.gif
au~~~
Yeah I'm going absolutely insane over this right now... I cannot wait until this comes out!!!

.........Yes!That's a very good news!!!I think it's going to be like Higurashi or Maybe better???I'am so happy!!!

I love that logo o_O

Beatrice-sama looks deliciously sinister in that picture so I'm highly anticipating this myself. Did Kit just have a Hanyuu withdrawal?
laugh.gif

The title seems have to been grabbed from Higurashi. I didn't do much research into this but is this suppose to be similar to Higurashi since the names seems too alike. Also, the animators are different right but the writers are the same?

I can't wait
smile.gif

Its from the original creators of the Higurashi series, 07th Expansion. I'm hoping its the same animation studio which did the first 2 TV series and the OVA sequel to Kai, that might do this series aka Studio DEEN.

This series will most likely premier at April 2009 (Spring).
rolleyes.gif

I am so happy. I went to ANN today while browsing my list of sites I visit daily and saw this announced into an anime. ; - ;. I wonder will they cover the first part, legend of the golden witch only or will they cover both the second part, turn of the golden witch as well. Either way, this is definitely something I want to watch.

QUOTE (XDie-Sama @ Jul 12 2008, 09:41 AM) I love that logo o_O

Beatrice-sama looks deliciously sinister in that picture so I'm highly anticipating this myself. Did Kit just have a Hanyuu withdrawal?
laugh.gif

I think I'm having more than just a Hanyuu withdrawl....I've been listening to Hanyuu's little song for a while now today as well as the nipah overload song
laugh.gif
@_@
FREDERICA IS MINEZ!!!!~~~~~~~~ @_@ *not listed in the image with the cast.* By the way, I don't think the cast image is accurate. There is definetely more than that. In fact, WAY more.

1 thing I hope right now is they'll tie the ending of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai ep 24 with Umineko, because the one we saw at the ending was Frederica from Umineko no Naku Koro ni....or at least that is what is rumored because that final scene did not appear in the game of Matsuribayashi-hen of Higurashi.

Wohooo I guess I'm becoming crazy now, I'm soooo looking forward to this anime
biggrin.gif
. Well ok it's not the anime, but here is the op of the visual novel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivisd758JXY, geez seeing that makes it even more harder to wait
tongue.gif

Ah yeah btw, just in case you don't know, the first two story arcs(Legend of the golden witch and Turn of the golden witch) of the visual novel of Umineko are currently being translate, just as a little information^^.

Ps: I also found another op http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQzcAlT4RSs (maybe one is for the first story arc and the other is for the second?)

I can upload some of the music of Umineko here if you guys want.
biggrin.gif

More info concerning the VN of Umineko ----> http://vndb.org/v24

And so this will be the first time I'll ever follow something like this aside from the Higurashi OVA season. In any case I guess the girl that looked like an adult Rika was just a look-a-like and nothing more.

So wit that I'm going to check this series out then.

Aside from Zetsubo Sensei season 3, this is another summer show I'm really looking forward to, as I loved Higurashi. (Although I didn't manage to get to the end of the 2nd season........) but the first season is a classic in my eyes. Along with that, it has a strong cast list, with many of my faves: Daisuke Ono, Marina Inoue, Kenichi Suzumura, Ami Koshimizu, Rie Kugimiya, Yui Horie, Yuu Kobayashi.... holy crap, insane amount of talent right here lol

ZOMG, I couldn't believe my eyes
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
When I saw this and I just had to post about this ever since higurashi as I was soo in love with that series!! A hands down for me!!!! DAMN I need to dance around like an idiot And Scream!!!!!! >>>>>>.<<<<<<
O.O

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 16 2009, 10:00 AM) ... this is another summer show I'm really looking forward to, as I loved Higurashi. (Although I didn't manage to get to the end of the 2nd season........)
You kind of have to watch both the first and seoncd season back-to-back to understand it. Although the OVA kind of gives a total understanding to why things happened in the first place.

As for this series I expect the "All Mighty Reset Button" to be pushed a few times so we can get this whole thing right. Just like how Higurashi is like. So watching the Higurashi series might actually help if he does place certain things into it that can be considered contex from the Higurashi series. Such as the jokes and whatnot.

Ah! this is great
happy.gif
I liked igurasHhi alot and i do think that this series will be awesome as well.
I've watched all of higurashi and now i almost can't wait for this series to come out. ^^
I admit that i was quite surpriced when i saw the title of this series, never thought there would be an anime with a similair name as the Higurashi series.
rolleyes.gif
I've seen the trailer and it really looked good to me and i believe there is gonna be a good story behind this anime.
Well, i haven't got much more to say, so i'll just say i will be waiting patiently for this anime to come out.
happy.gif

Nice, another mystery show. Japan needs more of these kinds.

Honestly, when i first saw the title on wikipedia i thought umineko meant sea cat and was wondering what the hell is a sea cat. Seagulls. Makes much more sense.

Haha...khael-san, we must be on the same wave length, as far as quality over quantity. This one just might deliver as well. Looks like an interesting story with interesting animation. I will be keeping my eyes open for this one...ah!
wink.gif

Well animu has been bombarded by fantasy [elves magic boobs etc.] and moe and fanservice. These kind of shows are a sigh of relief.

Hmmm, this indeed a good news for me. There not many anime that grab lot of my attention lately.

Just lot of fan service lately making me lazy especially my brain. Since I seen how great the game is, the anime must be good too. What will it look like intrigue me.

First is cicada, second is seagull, so what next ????

Do we have an exact date set in July for this? I'm only asking because I kind of wonder if the sub groups that did/doing te Higruashi series are going to do this series at all.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back