Little Witch Academia

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
541490_160696124087670_1790797701_n.jpg
lwa_tvvis.jpg

Title: Little Witch Academia (Young Animator Training Project) The Enchanted Parade (film)
Japanese: リトルウィッチアカデミア 魔法仕掛けのパレード
Airing dates: 8/1/2017 (TV series 25 episodes) and 11/12/2016 (premiere)
Theatrical release dates: 2/3/2013 (Wakate Animator Ikusei Project) and 3/7/2015 (Mahōjikake no Parade)
Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, School
Director: Yoh Yoshinari
Assistant director: Yoshihiro Miyajima (film)
Written by: Michiru Shimada (TV, film) and Masahiko Otsuka (Anime Mirai)
Music by: Michiru Oshima
Character designer: Shūhei Handa (TV)
Assistant animation directors: Takafumi Hori, Yusuke Yoshigaki (Mirai), Atsushi Nishigori, Mai Yoneyama and Sushio (film)
Sound director: Jun Watanabe (TV and film)
Directors of photography: Daisuke Okumura, Naoki Yorozu (TV), Eiji Tsuchida (film) and Toyonori Yamada (Mirai)
Art directors: Masanobu Nomura (TV), Yūji Kaneko (Mirai and film)
Art assistant: Ryutaro Ueda (film)
Background art by: Giang Van (TV), Ayaka Fujii, Seiko Yoshioka and Takayuki Suzuki (Mirai)
Color setting by: Yukiko Kakita
CG animation by: Shouko Hayashi (film)
2D work by: Natsuki Wada (film)
Artist management by: Mika Yamakawa (film)
Assistant recording engineer: Adrien Bolko (film)
Design by: Yusuke Yoshigaki (TV)
Editing by: Kentarou Tsubone
Animation producer: Naoko Tsutsumi (film)
Executive producer: Takanori Aki (film)
Producers: Naoko Tsutsumi (Mirai), Daisuke Okeda, Masahiko Otsuka and Yoshiki Usa (film)
Associate producers: Katsuhiro Takei and Yoshihiro Furusawa (film)
Studio: Trigger
Network: Tokyo MX, BS11, KTV
Opening theme: "Shiny Ray" by YURiKA
Ending theme: "Hoshi wo Tadoreba (星を辿れば / If You Follow the Stars)" by Yuiko Ōhara
Movie theme song: "Magic Parade" by Yuiko Ōhara
Little-Witch-Academia-720x1183.jpeg
LWATEP.png
B98iNKSCQAA8NeC.png%2Blarge.png

Main cast: Atsuko "Akko" Kagari (アツコ・"アッコ"・カガリ) voiced by Megumi Han (JP) and Erica Mendez (EN)
Lotte Yanson (ロッテ・ヤンソン) voiced by Fumiko Orikasa (JP) and Stephanie Sheh (EN)
Sucy Manbavaran (スーシィ・マンババラン) voiced by Michiyo Murase (JP) and Rachelle Heger (EN)
Diana Cavendish (ダイアナ・キャベンディッシュ) voiced by Yōko Hikasa (JP) and Laura Post (EN)
Amanda O'Neill (アマンダ・オニール) voiced by Arisa Shida (JP) and Marianne Miller (EN)
ch_list_bt01.png
ch_list_bt02.png
ch_list_bt03.png
ch_list_bt04.png
ch_list_bt05.png

Constanze Braunschbank Albrechtsberger (コンスタンツェ・ブラウンシュバン ク・アルブレヒツベルガー) voiced by Rie Murakawa (JP) and Jennifer Alyx (EN)
Jasminka Antonenko (ヤスミンカ・アントネンコ) voiced by Reina Ueda (JP) and Stephanie Sheh (EN)
Professor Ursula (アーシュラ先生) / Shiny Chariot (シャイニィ シャリオ) voiced by Noriko Hidaka (JP) and Alexis Nichols (EN)
ch_list_bt06.png
ch_list_bt07.png
ch_list_bt08.png
ch_list_bt09.png

Supporting cast: Hannah (ハンナ) voiced by Eri Nakao (JP) and Jennifer Alyx (EN)
Barbara (バーバラ) voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki (JP) and Alexis Nichols (EN)
Principal Holbrooke (ポルブルック校長) voiced by Ikuko Tani
Professor Finnelan (フィネラン先生) voiced by Rurika Yamamoto
Professor Lukitsch (ルーキッチ先生) voiced by Mari Okamoto
thumb_991326802_6a6f6de8_A5B8ECAABD29.jpg
thumb_991326802_c74fa5f6_99BCECAABD29.jpg
thumb_991326802_58e88838_BFA0ECBD9429.jpg
thumb_991326802_0f33fa0e_84A0EC839D29.jpg
thumb_991326802_da99ebae_A788EBA6AC29.jpg

Professor Badcock (バドコック先生) voiced by Asami Yano
Professor Nelson (ネルソン先生) voiced by Minami Takayama
Magical Curio shop owner (魔法道具屋の店員) voiced by Akihiro Matsushima
Avery (エイブリ) voiced by Madoka Asahina
Alcol (アルコル)
thumb_991326802_3672cedd_82ACEBAFB829.jpg
thumb_991326802_3b513b4b_8298EBAFB829.jpg
thumb_991326802_257ae4c3_9E88EBA19C29.jpg
thumb_991326802_ddeec085_B3E383AB2929.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgz2bMz-Zz8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jFdqs4jUQ

logo.png
logo.png

ban_new_episode.png
ban_trailer.png

Synopsis: TV version of Little Witch Academia. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 will be previewed at a screening at Cinema Mediage (Tokyo) and Toho Cinames Umeda (Osaka) on December 11, 2016. Regular broadcasting will begin in January, 2017.

Akko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Akko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot's performance that she dreamed to someday be a "cool" witch like her. This young and impressionable Akko takes Shiny Chariot's words as her own motto: "Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.“ As part of a class, Akko and her classmates go into a labyrinth under the Tower of Luna Nova. There, a sealed ancient dragon was unleashed by one of her classmates. Akko tries to stop the dragon, but…

Little Witch Academia is one of the four anime works that each received 38 million yen (about US$480,000) from the "2012 Young Animator Training Project." Just like in 2010 and 2011, the animation labor group received 214.5 million yen (US$2.65 million) from the Japanese government's Agency for Cultural Affairs, and it distributed most of those funds to studios who train young animators on-the-job.

gdpetti said:
Little Witch Academia? I keep hoping for these to take an more esoteric/occult trajectory but they never do....
there are 2 films and cameos in Space Patrol Luluco, Inferno cop before ep.1 :p

They kept it to the same animation style as the movies!! Good god I can't praise this enough!!

Although the thing that really got me hyped was reading about this getting 25 episodes!?
Also, of course, causes concern, in the series becoming boring at some point.

I hope not!!

Masich said:
They kept it to the same animation style as the movies!! Good god I can't praise this enough!!

Although the thing that really got me hyped was reading about this getting 25 episodes!?
Nice to know it ^^ now that i think about Boku no Hero Academia, similar plots aside title but All Might is mostly respected... unlike Shiny Chariot ;/ yet I prefer this LWA reboot, like how Akko met Suzy and Lotte! or Diana's debut in ep.2 ^_^

Is this 'witch' academy not take guys? so no 'warlocks'? Is there a separate one for them or is the world view here being that only females have the 'gift'? This is usually the case in magical girl plotlines, so just asking... if so, then the demographics are targeting that group, right?

gdpetti said:
Is this 'witch' academy not take guys? so no 'warlocks'? Is there a separate one for them or is the world view here being that only females have the 'gift'? This is usually the case in magical girl plotlines, so just asking... if so, then the demographics are targeting that group, right?
Pretty much, such as Kiki's delivery service. Only girls can become witches, there are no male wizards/warlocks or something as far as I know from the movies and all.

Masich said:
Only girls can become witches, there are no male wizards/warlocks or something as far as I know from the movies and all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMG_NRY9wTo
actually by Imagine-Nation's PV and TV 0P, looks like a guy is in this academy... unlike films Akko learns to fly in ep.3 along Amanda, Constanze and jasminka :d

3rd episode... made me question the series... there were about Six moments that did not make any sense (as in: HOW!?).

There is a running theme of Akko, being a selfish girl that only cares about Charriot, magic and becoming a witch.

On which apparently so far, she can only create potions and has, what it seems to be, only more standard knowledge compared to the average witch.

And the whole side plot of the Number 1 girl, actually not being Number 1 and looks as if she was holding a grudge.

My final remark on the 3rd episode... The hell was up with the rushed ending? Does she keep the broom? Did she actually learn how to fly? or does she still lack magic?

I honestly wonder if the movies, even play any role in this series (I'm guessing not).

Masich said:
My final remark on the 3rd episode... The hell was up with the rushed ending? Does she keep the broom? Did she actually learn how to fly? or does she still lack magic?
telling by #4 she didn't -.- just as sudden how that 'nightfall's author left, but at least her fan Lotte solved this mystery... besides such novel is Twilight's parody (also same font) and MyStage of MySpace, did you notice who is GreatBen810?;)

Just a quick note on lack of 'boys' or dudes/guys in the academy... not that I've watched this series yet... but I'm still going through a list of previous series, currently on 'Mai-Otome'.. and this issue is taken care of in 2lines.... no sex as the Y chromosome deactivates the 'ability' in females... etc... one general line, then one more specific... and problem solved! How simple is that? The writer or someone asked the same question and problem solved... so simple, it makes you wonder why others have a problem with their world setup? ;) All done in the first or second ep too... maybe it was the second, but issue resolved quickly to get on with the story.

gdpetti said:
Just a quick note on lack of 'boys' or dudes/guys in the academy... not that I've watched this series
Up to ep.5 we don't know if there ain't any male yet, maybe 1 from the 0pening like i posted above? as Amanda said of Diana... just how perfect one girl can be solving that stolen sorcerer's stone issue, for biggest dunce: ako can't fly yet :lol:

Well... series so far, has ruined Little Witch Academia, completely for myself.
Akko, is a brat that wants everything to quickly, despite episode 6 showing the obvious ego boosting moment.
Diana ''miss perfect'' who is annoyed but never simply says anything, other than showing off how great she is.
The best character is Sucy, with little dialog (sadly).
Music Repeats itself many times! and it hardly feels like there is any change in its mood.
I still enjoy the movies, seeing as that actually showed her having magic!!

but this series? I'm going to pass on the rest...

Masich said:
Well... series so far, has ruined Little Witch Academia, completely for myself.
Akko, is a brat that wants everything to quickly, despite episode 6 showing the obvious ego boosting moment.
Diana ''miss perfect'' who is annoyed but never simply says anything, other than showing off how great she is.

The best character is Sucy, with little dialog (sadly).
she's my favorite too xD 2nd most interesting is Constanze, who mixes magic + technology but yup Akko is frustrating!... Isn't always good to give characters or plot more depth, she just improves in hardships like #7 finding Nemo Pisces -_-

Masich said:
but this series? I'm going to pass on the rest...
If only it were that easy, I stopped, Colla didn't (succubus I'm living with).

I did not watch it. But, I did hear... everything...
So we had a mushroom episode that was all just a dream, or was it?
and the only good episode (Although I got a washing list of stuff that did not make sense) about a skeleton soldier.

Studio Trigger, really does try in its animations, but I would have thought longer about making a 25 episode series about witches. Especially the storyboard...

Masich said:
So we had a mushroom episode that was all just a dream, or was it?
and the only good episode
was about kinoko girl after all o_0 so far i have mixed feelings, it's a hit-or-miss but that fairy tale'ish party in ep.10... kinda surprising to see LottexFrank unlike AkkoxAndrew, then Suzy x? magic shop owner is the only other recurrent guy :eek:

Masich said:
Trigger, really does try in its animations, but I would have thought longer about making a 25 episode series about witches. Especially the storyboard...
yes they did a few series i enjoyed more like Kill la kill, yet i respect them for no recap up to #12 prior Samhain festival... telling by its Raw episode subbed Until tomorrow, I'm glad its 2nd cour won't be postponed unlike other studios do <_<

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back