So Fansub > Facebook

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Repede

-san
Kouhai
I use facebook a lot, but if yo type the letter F or Fa on my chrome Fansub comes out before facebook.

I just realized this like 2 days ago.

Apparently I visit Fansub more than facebook, but the only anime I am torrenting from here is Index 2.

>.>

You guys are awesome, apparently better than my real life friends.

Wolf-sensei and Jun-kun are awesome

Supprisingly enough hearing that makes me think that is more or less a good thing to hear.

In any case I'm sure more people orignally hung around this site a whole lot before the whole FaceBook boom I guess.

Still to hear that kind of prase is strangely flattering as well. So hopefully I'll still see you around the site still, and help you out with anything if possible as well of course.
wink.gif

haha, nice. im pretty sure I visit facebook more often these days, but fansub.tv is certainly a close second

I have yet to own a facebook account...lol and my brother was getting hack on facebook Poker yesterday lol.... 3 time in a row from someone from indonisia

Oh woaaah ~ how in the world have I deserved a praise like that O___O ??? Thank you very much Repede-san, thats very kind of you^^ you're an awesome dude as well
smile.gif

Well i forum stalk more than i ever touch Facebook, forums are way more fun than facebook will ever be. Facebook is kinda personal to an extent yet all the people from here i have on Facebook i feel closer to on here than i ever do using facebook. Btw if anyone wants to add me on Facebook anyways im: Whompy Whomperson

But facebook is overrated anyways heck painting a wall is more fun, but from what i can tell Facebook is a huge time sink though. Cant see how but thats what i understand.

But yeah FTV will always be more awesome than Facebook.

Umm, I wouldnt say Facebook is overated.

Yes making a movie about it it's just lame. I didn't see it, yet everyone tells me I need to jump off the facebook hate bandwagon. but I dont hate facebook. I use it daily. I just refuse to watch a movie that premise is based off a popular website and main target is 16 year old kids.

No thank you. I work really hard for my money, and I got way better use for $10.

I do use facebook a lot, but fansub still beats it by visit. So we are all good my friends!

QUOTE Oh woaaah ~ how in the world have I deserved a praise like that O___O ???

Dude, you made like a huge first impression. Wolf-sensei has been like the person I have interacted the most since I joined. So I have mad respeect for the guy.

But we are cool.

QUOTE (Repede @ Oct 24 2010, 08:33 AM)Umm, I wouldnt say Facebook is overated.

Yes making a movie about it it's just lame. I didn't see it, yet everyone tells me I need to jump off the facebook hate bandwagon. but I dont hate facebook. I use it daily. I just refuse to watch a movie that premise is based off a popular website and main target is 16 year old kids.

I do use facebook a lot, but fansub still beats it by visit. So we are all good my friends!
What you prefer depends on what you want. Facebook is good if you want to connect to many friends/long lost friends or arranging meetings to parties etc. Facebook also encourages people to make small and quick comments so it is good if you are on the go or time is an issue for you. It's main strength (meeting lots of people) is also its weakness; by interacting with so many people you cannot develop a deep relationship with any one person so by this token Facebook is more superficial. And since the medium is not geared towards in-depth posts/meaningful discussions it becomes harder to talk to people on serious matters or pursue a topic of interest in any real detail.

FansubTV or other forums are generally the opposite. Short comments (unlike Facebook) are actively discouraged so people are forced to make longer more posts. The number of conversations and thus interactions will be less but it will be of a higher quality. The higher quality conversations will result in people forming stronger friendships with other members but this will come at cost at having a smaller number of friends. So it kinda boils down to quality over quantity. It is all a matter of taste and I am not saying one is better over the other. Although saying that, me and you are similar in the regard; I prefer places like FTV over Facebook although I wouldn't look down on anyone who had the opposite opinion to mine. Each to their own.

QUOTE (Repede @ Oct 24 2010, 01:33 AM) Yes making a movie about it it's just lame. I didn't see it, yet everyone tells me I need to jump off the facebook hate bandwagon. but I dont hate facebook. I use it daily. I just refuse to watch a movie that premise is based off a popular website and main target is 16 year old kids.

I dont like facebook, I dont own a facebook account, I hope one day the site explodes but The Social Network is actually a very good film.

The film is not really about facebook, it deals with classic themes of friendship, betrayal and greed. Its a business thriller, that just happens to be related to facebook. I would see it on those premises.

Either this or Scott Pilgrim vs the world is my favourite film of the year.

QUOTE (Repede @ Oct 17 2010, 09:32 PM) I use facebook a lot, but if yo type the letter F or Fa on my chrome Fansub comes out before facebook.
I noticed the same thing myself a while ago, but not from the address bar. When I ipen a new tab in Chrome it presents me with a number of tiles that represent the snapshots of my most frequented destinations. It would seem that although facebook is right at the top, that's not an entirely fair representation, as I multi-task on facebook with multiple tabs versus fansub which is very linear in nature when I browse! Regardless of the collection metrics, my most frequented web destinations are 1/9th social media, 3/9th's technology geekism, and 5/9th's anime related. This of course shifts over time.

Now to the deep part:

I belive that facebook is not there to cultivate new relationships, per-se, as much as it is there to facilitate the re-connection of past relationships, or as a reminder that people that do care are out there, and to give you a casual snapshot into their lives, albiet it comes with the caveat of only knowing what that person posts, and is directly related to how extraverted they are. Were it not for FaceBook many memories of people I had would have crumbled to foggy dust in my mind, perhaps never coming to light again, but with facebook, those threads are alive and twitching with memories. To that end I value facebook. Can you tell I am watching Noien?
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back