Member title change?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
Well, I made a member title a while back, forgot how, I think there was a button or something. But anyways, I can't seem to figure out how to edit my title, can you only make a title once? I have almost 1k posts so why can't I change it?

Unless I'm stupid and there is a button for changing It that I missed, pls tell me lol

Go to "edit profile info" in your control panel. It's the first option on that form.

Hmmm I thought only daft can change your member title?

Well it feels good to know that I'm not the only one wondering on how to change my title as well. All I know that in th eeidt profile info all you can edit is date of birth, homepage, IM systems, where you are, and why you like and that's pretty much it though, or am I missing something?
blink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 01 2007, 08:23 PM) Well it feels good to know that I'm not the only one wondering on how to change my title as well. All I know that in th eeidt profile info all you can edit is date of birth, homepage, IM systems, where you are, and why you like and that's pretty much it though, or am I missing something?
blink.gif

you can only change your member title manually once you have gained enough posts and/or become an active and helpful member in daft's opinion. Only he can grant manual access. Otherwise, the member titles are in his control.

So basically, I need to get more posts or be more helpful to be able to change my title again? That's wierd lol, since I alredy changed my title, why can't I have the power to change it again?

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Sep 02 2007, 10:16 AM) So basically, I need to get more posts or be more helpful to be able to change my title again? That's wierd lol, since I alredy changed my title, why can't I have the power to change it again?
If that's the case it kind of sounds like a one shot deal, but I could be wrong on that.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Sep 02 2007, 07:16 AM) So basically, I need to get more posts or be more helpful to be able to change my title again? That's wierd lol, since I alredy changed my title, why can't I have the power to change it again?
Not necessarily more posts. Again, daft grants users the ability to change their member title. However, I'm not sure if that means you have to be promoted to a sempai or a mod to have this privilege. As far as I know all the titles of regular members are either automatically changed based on number of posts (and their depth) or changed by daft himself, not by the user themself. Maybe you lost the privilege to do so when you lost your sempai title, or were you able to change it after that point as well?

I don't remember, but I'm pretty positive I changed my title after I lost senpai.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Sep 02 2007, 08:17 AM) I don't remember, but I'm pretty positive I changed my title after I lost senpai.
In that case maybe you lost the privilege or there is no real way to make the forum system grant each individual member the privilege to have custom member titles. If I'm not mistaken, most forum systems group members rather than single each one out, so it might be set to kouhais not having the privilege while sempais, mods, and admins do, etc...

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 02 2007, 09:32 AM) so it might be set to kouhais not having the privilege while sempais, mods, and admins do, etc...
Well I can tell you not "all" sempais have the ability to change their title. Alas, for it is something that I have aspired to for a lengthly period of time. Not that it changes who I am, but its nice to have that area of customization.

To be honest I thought it had something to do with the avitar at first, but I guess you'll have to ask Daft about the problem then. I'm sure he'll fix it for you to change your title. You never know he might actually do it.

Is it a problem? The member titles are privilege to have.

Anyhow, I'll get it straight for you guys. Daft has the power to change member titles, but he also has the power to grant people the ability to change their own member titles by themselves. Ones with that ability I'm sure are the members on the FTV Team list (or moderators). Sempais I'm pretty sure they don't have the ability to, at least during my sempai period.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Sep 03 2007, 12:14 PM) Ones with that ability I'm sure are the members on the FTV Team list (or moderators). Sempais I'm pretty sure they don't have the ability to, at least during my sempai period.
Humm then i was granted privilage ^^ look at what i did to my title after someone call me that XD

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Sep 03 2007, 11:45 AM) Humm then i was granted privilage ^^ look at what i did to my title after someone call me that XD
I am sure you did something outstanding to deserve it! It's not as important as say, global moderator privileges, but everyone likes customization!

QUOTE (Anime-Addict)I am sure you did something outstanding to deserve it!Well he created the ecchi pics 2 torrent, I guess you can call that outstanding
biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Anime-Addict)but everyone likes customization!Naaah but in the end it's just a title and that won't change anything about the fun here, and I think the members who get a customised title or even the privilege to change it really have deserved it like Kansa
laugh.gif
, but I wonder why InuyashaX can't change it anymore....hmm maybe he stole a cookie from Daft and he's still angry about that
rolleyes.gif

You know it would be nice once you reach Sempai status to actually customize your own title, since a few forums allow that after a certain time frame or ammount of postings, or even both of course. Then again it could be a reputation sort of thing I guess.

Although I'm not entirly sure if that'll be worth it, unless any of the other Sempais would like to customize thier tite or not. In the end it's always up to the person wanting to change thier title, but I guess Daft has the right to let you do that or not.

Basically achieveing Sempai status is a part of ones ability to customize their title. Its a good system. Not only must you be active (not overactive though:p) but also you must gain some respect and help with forum mainteance in some way... Plus its hell of a satisfaction to finally achieve 'sempai' title..
smile.gif

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Sep 03 2007, 10:45 AM) Humm then i was granted privilage ^^ look at what i did to my title after someone call me that XD
Like I said during my Sempai period there was no option for me. I think.

Well it could be something that was added after the update, or... well it could be just for the Team Members of this site only. It would be a shame it it was just for them alone though.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back