Touhou Project

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired

So something many of us have been waiting for an adaptation for...Touhou Anime Project...

Unfortunately, it seems like it will only be an OVA at the moment, but that is only based on speculation at the moment. More news to come next week

The first DVD will be sold at Comiket in Japan this month.

Looks like we get a rather awesome seiyuu cast too:
Mai Nakahara: Reimu Hakurei
Miyuki Sawashiro: Marisa Kirisame
Ayumi Fujimura: Aya Shameimaru
Mikako Takahashi: Patchouli Knowledge
Rie Tanaka: Sakuya Izayoi
Ayumi Tsuji: Remilia Scarlet
Aki Toyosaki: Suika Ibuki
Kikuko Inoue: Narration

Source: ANN

Wait this sounds kind of familiar, is this baises on a fighting game of some sort? If so then I'm looking forward to it now.

Actually reading from the ANN, I don't think it can even be called OVA, since the anime is created by dojin circle instead of commercial company, and is sold in Comiket 75 instead of high street shops. But I'm really surprised that there so many professional seiyuu voicing for this dojin anime...may be they are fans of Touhou?
tongue.gif
Or may be the circle got huge financial backing by sponsors?

Judging from that episode 1 is being sold in Comiket 75 (winter), I'm pretty sure episode 2 won't be sold until the Comiket 76 next summer.

P.S. In case people didn't notice, I had change my avatar and sign to Reimu for quite a while already lol

lol, i remember asking about why we didnt have an anime for this over in the games forum quite a while ago XD. and judging aby the amount of fanart that this game series gets, it's a pretty safe investiment to whoever is producing it, doujin or not.

So its another one....lol.
biggrin.gif

There's another fan-made Tohou Project anime which was released last year and just recently got subbed: -

http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=174641

The thing is....there was a page for it on MAL but it seems that its gone.
dry.gif

QUOTE (mamori @ Dec 08 2008, 03:33 PM) lol, i remember asking about why we didnt have an anime for this over in the games forum quite a while ago XD.  and judging aby the amount of fanart that this game series gets, it's a pretty safe investiment to whoever is producing it, doujin or not.
I can already tell you what's gonna happen already. Because things that are sold in comiket by circles (non-commercial groups) tend to be have limited press (probably a couple of hundreds to thousands at most) and sold in first come first serve basis, only handful of people will be able get their hands on it. And after a month or two, the DVDs will probably get auctioned off at double or triple of the original price...or even more on yahoo auction Japan etc
laugh.gif
But not like it's gonna affect us, as we are just probably going to download it and keep it somewhere safe
tongue.gif

You can see the preview from sankaku complex:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/09/t...ar-seiyuu-cast/

I don't even know what to expect really. The games were pretty good (although quite crazy), but it's up to the people making the anime to make it good or bad. There is nothing really outstanding in the story as it is now.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Dec 14 2008, 06:19 PM) Karaoke subbed trailer here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qnqq2mzjvmw

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel as if the character drawings and the background/scenery simply don't belong together?
unsure.gif

I know the animation standard is far from typical standard of commercial anime, but you gotta bare in mind that this anime is dojin work produced by a circle make up of university/college students, who are not professionals and not with huge budgets to blow...so for me rather than comparing it to anime produced by animation companies we see all the time, I would just focus on looking at the good points of it instead of criticizing area which they are not doing so well in.

Anyhow, I think the seiyuu cast alone make this anime worth watching...people are still speculating about how they manage get these professional seiyuu to voice for this dojin piece of work, considering it should cost more than some dojin circle can afford.

i do feel sort of on the fence about this because of the quality of the characters, but we dont see much that shows the quality of the animation
two very different things.

and everyone has to get started somewhere

Let's not forget that Makoto Shinkai did Voices of a Distant Star practically by himself

The seiyuu is rather impressive... hrm... they either have a lot of money, know people with money, know people, or it is simply a publicity stunt. either way... cool i guess. lol

QUOTE (ChileanNacho @ Dec 15 2008, 01:59 AM)i do feel sort of on the fence about this because of the quality of the characters, but we dont see much that shows the quality of the animation
two very different things.

and everyone has to get started somewhere

Let's not forget that Makoto Shinkai did Voices of a Distant Star practically by himself

The seiyuu is rather impressive... hrm... they either have a lot of money, know people with money, know people, or it is simply a publicity stunt. either way... cool i guess. lol
I agree. Personally the animation reminds me of the 8 bit graphics found in the RPGs which ran on the original PlayStation and Sega Genesis consoles.

Is it me or the animation quality is not that great!! Its like an old anime!! I saw some nice wallies of Touho and it has some nice graphics, but this one has gone down the drain!!

QUOTE (Velheart @ Dec 16 2008, 01:21 AM) Is it me or the animation quality is not that great!! Its like an old anime!! I saw some nice wallies of Touho and it has some nice graphics, but this one has gone down the drain!!
lol that's because the anime seem to base on the original character design of ZUN (the original creator)...and the wallies that you've seen are most like 'beautified version' of the characters drawn by other dojin artists...just like the Reimu in my avatar and sign
laugh.gif

And yea...the colors they used seem quite limited...it's like the 256 colors eroge that I seen many years ago lol

Please keep in mind that this anime, Zun did not take part in any of it. This is purely made by fans as well. The characters voices you will be hearing in this fan anime even though professional actors were hired are also not the official voices. In Touhou, there are no official voices.

Well I have to say it does look promising for a fan made anime series. In any case I'll take a shot at it once the episodes come out. In any case it may be a good series for the comming anime year.

Besides it's an interesting take to do an old school anime styling if you ask me. I mean it was rough back then and the stories were good so it might try and go in that direction on having rough animation, but a goood storyline ot go with it.

I'd say the best thing going for this fan made anime is the seiyuu cast, with at least four names that instantly jumped out at me and left me thinking "How the hell did they get her to do this?"

I'm not really hoping for too much, so with low expectations, I won't get disappointed if it turns out worse than expected.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back