Highschool of the Dead

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Highschool of the Dead (aka Gakuen Mokushiroku, "Academy Apocalypse")
Japanese Title: 学園黙示録
Genre: Horror-Survival, GORE, Action, Tragedy, Mystery, Drama, Romance, Comedy, ECCHI
Premier: July 2010
Original Creators: Daisuke Sato (Story) & Shouji Sato (Art)
Animation Studio: Madhouse Studios
Official Website: http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/dead/

Plot:

The world is over taken with a deadly disease that turns humans into zombies. In Japan, several students of Fujimi High School, and the school nurse, band together to survive the present apocalypse. The story follows Takashi Komuro, one of the students who survived in the initial outbreak.

My Thoughts:

I am thoroughly shocked by this news.
ohmy.gif
I remember reading the manga and introducing it to quite a few of the members at FTV about 3 years ago.
rolleyes.gif
I believe I got up to part where the crew were staying at Saya's mansion and meeting her parents.....also some sort of meeting was taking place there or something.
wink.gif

Another great news is that the manga is coming off hiatus and will continue this March 2010.
laugh.gif

Awesome, awesome, awesome news. One of my favorite mangas that I'm very happy JCD introduced to me way back when. As I said in the manga's thread I only hope that the visual style of the manga and the character designs can be carried over to the anime.
So maybe a fall 2010 premier? Hoping at least.

Really great news because I really like the manga, even thought Im not a zombie fan. But the characters are just great.

The only bad thing is that there wasnt a new chapter for half a year or more -.- But since it comes back I can live with it ^^

I just hope they adapt the manga as much as possible, the characters look as awesome as in the manga (Busujima & Saya mother *lechz*) and that the manga has enough to cover uo to then.

Meh, the author has been saying it'll come back since forever... making an anime out of a hiatus project is plain dumb; unless of course the studio can somehow pull of a good original plotline AFTER the events the manga has gotten to.

Brilliant this is an amazing manga and I for one can not wait to the the anima and as long as done well hope becomes available in my country so can bye it. Thank you for letting me know its coming got any idea around when release will be available?

I'd have to agree with AnimeWiz...Daisuke Sato has put the manga's story on hold for like forever (the last chapter I've seen was back in like April last year...). Even Shouji Sato (probably) gotten tired of waiting for him and gone (back) to drawing ero manga during the break lol.

Since the manga itself is nowhere near conclusion (hell...not even sure if it has reach half way yet), I honestly have no idea how are they gonna pull this off as a anime...

yeah i never heard zombie anime never seen that before only in some anime they pop up like monster princess but the all stupid like that.

If the dont censor the crap out of this and stay true this is going to be so fucking sweet. Seriously!

I get to seem my adorable, sexy Saeko in anime form with her sexy thighs, gorgeous flowing hair and big boobies and her blood lust! AWESOMES!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE Meh, the author has been saying it'll come back since forever... making an anime out of a hiatus project is plain dumb; unless of course the studio can somehow pull of a good original plotline AFTER the events the manga has gotten to.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 02 2010, 10:44 PM)I'd have to agree with AnimeWiz...Daisuke Sato has put the manga's story on hold for like forever (the last chapter I've seen was back in like April last year...). Even Shouji Sato (probably) gotten tired of waiting for him and gone (back) to drawing ero manga during the break lol.

Since the manga itself is nowhere near conclusion (hell...not even sure if it has reach half way yet), I honestly have no idea how are they gonna pull this off as a anime...

The manga is resuming with the new chapter in Marchs edtion (which means if the do a sub quickly should get to read sometime this month) so its not plain dumb. Plus i though a goodd job was done of Bus Gamer even though that was hiatused.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Feb 05 2010, 04:07 PM) The manga is resuming with the new chapter in Marchs edtion (which means if the do a sub quickly should get to read sometime this month) so its not plain dumb. Plus i though a goodd job was done of Bus Gamer even though that was hiatused.
Yes it is, because clearly Bus Gamer could've been much better had they waited on the manga to resume rather than making an anime out of a hiatus. I've seen the anime as well and it wasn't anything special. The same goes for this, so what if the manga starts back now? The anime will catch up way too quickly and have to take a completely different path; making it once again only average instead of the amazing that it could've been.

I don't know about you, but if I had to choose between waiting another year and a half for an amazing anime; or watching a, at best, decent anime now... I would wait an extra year every time.

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Feb 05 2010, 07:33 PM) Yes it is, because clearly Bus Gamer could've been much better had they waited on the manga to resume rather than making an anime out of a hiatus. I've seen the anime as well and it wasn't anything special. The same goes for this, so what if the manga starts back now? The anime will catch up way too quickly and have to take a completely different path; making it once again only average instead of the amazing that it could've been.

I don't know about you, but if I had to choose between waiting another year and a half for an amazing anime; or watching a, at best, decent anime now... I would wait an extra year every time.
Honestly I won't care much if the anime has to diverge story wise. High School of the Dead didn't have any kind of ground breaking story to begin with. Zombie Apocalypse -> Escape -> Mall. Now I know that's extremely simplified of what happens in HSotD, but still it's not anything new really. What I loved about the manga were the visuals and just the fact that it was a fun, action packed zombie adventure, which is why the visuals are the primary thing I'm worried about as it gets converted to an anime.

Well the anime is pretty much TBA and so there is a chance that the anime comes when the manga is nearing its finish, which in my opinion will happen soon. I'm guessing the hiatus was primarily done so as to see how the mangaka will finish the manga.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 05 2010, 05:43 PM) Honestly I won't care much if the anime has to diverge story wise. High School of the Dead didn't have any kind of ground breaking story to begin with. Zombie Apocalypse -> Escape -> Mall. Now I know that's extremely simplified of what happens in HSotD, but still it's not anything new really. What I loved about the manga were the visuals and just the fact that it was a fun, action packed zombie adventure, which is why the visuals are the primary thing I'm worried about as it gets converted to an anime.
I agree, but I also like to have my anime adaption to stick close to the character development if I'am following that series's manga version. Example? Well for one I'd be quite upset if the anime was to kill off the wrong characters, it just doesn't do it for me... same with the romance, or who else joins our survivors in the future. I'am just one of those people who likes things to stick to how they were in the manga/novels at least character wise; or it just ruins it. Regios is a great example of an anime that took the more orignal path yet at the same time kept the character relationships, as well as development between them the same.

So basically...we hope to see:

i) decent amount of action/violence and good animation
ii) characters developments and key events remain loyal to the manga, but general story wise we don't mind they altering it or even create an original ending (as long as the ending is not stupid)
iii) ...ah, and also not to leave out the fan-service scenes
tongue.gif

Does that about sums it up?
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 06 2010, 09:19 AM) So basically...we hope to see:

ii) characters developments and key events remain loyal to the manga, but general story wise we don't mind they altering it or even create an original ending (as long as the ending is not stupid)
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Well i hope that they dont censor it, so id prefer OVAs than a series, but yeah that kinda 1 and 2 sum it up for me until you go on about altering it, then it becomes a you must be shot kinda thing
tongue.gif
etc, but yeah
smile.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 06 2010, 02:19 AM) So basically...we hope to see:

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

You got it, add to that; as Hia said; no censoring and we got ourselves an anime. To be honest though, I don't think they'll need OVAs though, just look at what Ladies vs Butlers, as well as Queens Blade, did... hopefully this one will get the required time slot to at the very least show as much as those two.

Just updating that the studio doing this is Madhouse btw its been confirmed

Staffs:
Director: Araki Testuro (Death Note, Kurozuka)
Series Composition: Kuroda Yousuke (Gundam 00)
Character Designer: Tanaka Masayoshi (Toradora!)
Animation Production: MADHOUSE

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Feb 06 2010, 10:51 AM) Animation Production: MADHOUSE
Looks like we won't have to worry about the lack of blood and violence afterall
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Feb 06 2010, 03:36 AM) but yeah that kinda 1 and 2 sum it up for me until you go on about altering it, then it becomes a you must be shot kinda thing
tongue.gif
etc, but yeah
smile.gif

Trust me, I don't want it altered or differ from the manga story neither...however at the moment, if only using the manga materials for the anime, there would be nothing can be used as a decent conclusion except for giving us a big "to be continued" at the end.

But I think Madhouse are probably going to do an original ending for the anime and stray from the manga at some point, just like what they did with Claymore...

All I can say is if they are doing an original ending, I just hope it would be decent...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWIN
WINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINW
INWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWI
NWINWINWINWINWINWIN
WINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWI
NWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWI
NWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWINWIN

Okay I amdone fangasming.

This is best news in years to come X)

EDIT: Scratch that, its madhouse.....

After how they BUTCHERED Kobato and Wish, I don't even want to hear about them.

Considering manga is on hiatus, the anime original bs is guaranteed.

Well I decided to finally watch the PV for this, and it looks like a pretty damn solid anime right now. Quality is seriously top notch, IF they keep it the way it was in the PV. It really comes down to the voice acting now, and of course how they decide to go about plot.

Oh yeah, rejoice manga readers! The anime will start the same way the manga did going by the PV; with of course what seems to be a few small changes on how the events at the school go about. That said, this has the type of ecchi I actually enjoy, which is rare.

Just watched the PV and damn it looks just awesome.
Now Im looking forward to it even more.

If they stick to the manga and with this animation quality it will be more than great.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back