Ladies Vs Butlers!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Ladies Vs Butlers! (Ladies versus Butlers!)
Japanese Title: れでぃ×ばと!
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama, School-Life, ECCHI
Premier: 5th January
Animation Studio: Xebec
Director: Atsushi Ootsuki
Original Creator: Tsukasa Kōzuki
Original Character Design: Munyū
Character Design: Akio Takami
Official Website: http://www.ladies-vs-butlers.com/

Basic Info:

Cast:

Ayako Kawasumi as Tomomi Saikyō
Kazuyuki Okitsu as Akiharu Hino
Mai Nakahara as Selnia Iori Frameheart
Ami Koshimizu as Sanae Shikikagami
Kumi Sakuma as Mikan
Mai Goto as Pina Suforumukuran Estoh
Mariya Ise as Kaede Tenjōji
Rie Kugimiya as Kaoru Daichi
Rina Hidaka as Mimina ÅŒsawa

Light Novel Covers:

51e9390n0ml.jpg
51awiimbrl.jpg
51phdfmaobl.jpg
51sk9dfwxl.jpg
51bf1zewnul.jpg
51mnb30hsyl.jpg
51gwpkysnql.jpg
32215818.jpg
32289376.jpg

Plot:

Hino Akiharu lost his parents when he was small and was adopted into his uncle's family. But he noticed his uncle is after the inheritance of his parents, so he decides to enter a boarding school, Hakureiryou high school. However his delinquent boy-like appearance frightens the girls, who make up the majority of the students. Being unable to get along with the classmates, Akiharu meets his childhood friend Saikyou Tomomi.

(~from MAL~)

My Thoughts:

It sounds interesting but then again its kinda been done before but I'll be looking forward to this nonetheless because its a rom-com.
biggrin.gif

Sound typical but ... Oh well, I'm going to see it anyway for love of it.

With this seiyuu line up, I might drool a lot.

Ah the old stand-by of the butler series. I don't mind is as long as they also have maids involved somehow.

Took a look at the first raw... this is without a doubt the first guilty pleasure of the year. I almost felt as if some scenes could go hentai any moment; that's how well the ecchi was set up. That said, it's pretty funny as long as you can tolerate the pervy moments that come with it.

All that said, I'll keep an eye on this one for now.

Oh yeah it seems that the pre-release of episode 1 is now out and subbed. I'll check it out to see if it's worth my time for the Spring season.

*edit*

Now I want to see the DVD/BD release of this just to see it uncensored now. Heck the way it was setup in this episode kind of felt like a domino effect that kind of introduced the characters rather quickly more or less. Also, I kind of thought it was funny seeing the Princapal playing a BL game out in the open like that.
tongue.gif

In any cse I kind of wonder what the OP and ED will look like on it's actual air date now.

I went into the pre-release of episode 1 with no expectations of anything good at all and came out of it entertained. It's nothing original and the whole plot appears to be nothing but an excuse to set up one ecchi moment after another, but on that level they manged to pull it off in a genuinely funny way. My only complaint is the now standard (I suppose, since it looks the same as Kanokon) XEBEC depth-less character designs which lack any shading and often gives me the feeling that faces are off-center on their head. But that aside, the only real problem I see for the show is the potential to fall into a repetitive rut, but if it can manage to give it's thin story premises originality from episode to episode, this will be - as AnimeWiz07 says - a guilty pleasure.

I saw the pre-release of the first episode today and as AnimeWiz07, it is a guilty pleasure. I think we will see a lot of misunderstanding with a lot of fun because of Tomomi Saikyō and her scary side. Know I hope it will not go too fast in a routine and end up like Princess Lovers!

Definitely a guilty pleasure and I was hoping for some kind of in-depth summary on each character on WIKI......damn those WIKI-Nerds for not doing it properly.
tongue.gif

The first episode was kind of a shock to me as I was thinking it was kinda boring but when the male protagonist entered the picture, thats when the episode came ALIVE for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
biggrin.gif

I bet Daichi is a girl.....its like a Hana-Kimi plot twist.
rolleyes.gif

Hino.....is an incredibly lucky dude and it seems that it would be upward and torture-filled journey for him. I wonder who will become his main love interest.
tongue.gif

Saikyo kinda scares me but apparently she is the MAIN female protagonist and the other girls including Miss Drill are part of the supporting cast, which doesn't seem right.......kinda weird as the 1st episode of the anime gave a very different feel to that. .
rolleyes.gif
I want a SaikyoxHino pairing.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

DAMN.....the 1st episode gets re-broadcasted on the 5th Jan and the 2nd episode comes out on 12th Jan.
wink.gif

EDIT:

The first episode used up the material from chapters 1 and 2 of the manga adaption and done very different but it ends kinda the same way.
rolleyes.gif

The scanlations are only up to Chapter 2 and both chapters were released over 2 weeks ago.
wink.gif

The first ep was pretty good except for that high defenition censoring. But thats just normal now is it -.-

The characters are interesting and the combo Hino & Saikyo is working perfect. I think we will see a lot of torturing don by Saikyo just like with Shizuku (Kämpfer) or Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari). Or maybe Saikyo will take it even further.

Over all it was a lot to laugh and I dont expect deep character development or a huge plot. I just hope it stay funny without it getting shitty like Princess Lover of which I was remembered by this scenario.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 06 2010, 01:36 PM) The first ep was pretty good except for that high defenition censoring. But thats just normal now is it -.-
no idea what you're talking about. No censors here. Anyways, as for the firsts episode review:

Plot: Simple and typical school-life comedy show. Lots of fanservice and guy will probably get himself into a harem situation. Funny at times, especially when the scene when the tea was knocked over XD
Music/Sound: OP and ED were decent, but not noteworthy despite containing Mai Nakahara. Background music was the usual boring stuff. Voice cast for this series is rather good including Ayako Kawasumi, Rie Kugimiya, Mai Goto, Mai Nakahara and Ami Koshimizu.
Art and Animation: I've always either disliked or liked XEBEC's animation. In this case, the scenery and animation is similar to that of Kanokon's, which leaves a rather large bad impression on me since I never liked Kanokon's style all that much. The eyes are the biggest issues for me since 90% of the characters look lifeless. Character drawings is roughly what I had expected so no big surprises there.
Enjoyment: It was a decent first episode. I didn't really dislike anything except the animation style. However, in comparison with Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, which I have yet to watch, this seems to be the weaker of the two series currently given the similar genres. Though I'll hold my final opinions on that once I watch Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 06 2010, 03:36 PM) The first ep was pretty good except for that high defenition censoring. But thats just normal now is it -.-

The characters are interesting and the combo Hino & Saikyo is working perfect. I think we will see a lot of torturing don by Saikyo just like with Shizuku (Kämpfer) or Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari). Or maybe Saikyo will take it even further.

Over all it was a lot to laugh and I dont expect deep character development or a huge plot. I just hope it stay funny without it getting shitty like Princess Lover of which I was remembered by this scenario.
You might want to look for the release by Seed-Subs which uses the uncensored release.

As for the show, it looks like Im going to enjoy this show quite a bit as Im a fan of Kanokon. For some reason I really enjoy the art style with the pointy chins and sometimes nonexistent noses. Nothing special about the first episode, although it did manage to keep me entertained. 19 year old loli LOL.

I don't think I'll keep watching this based on the first ep. First, I don't understand the anime industries' obsession with rich people. Well, rich people are fine, but what's with all the shows about super-rich kids going to super-rich schools with butlers and maids and lame ass tea parties and....argh. I dunno, it just gets old. Second, I like my curves...but I like proportions more. The art style doesn't appeal to me at all. And well, if you're watching an ecchi series and you don't like either the art or the setting...there's not much left
sad.gif

Thoughts on this.......kinda terrible.

Really just hit all sort of bad notes with me.
-Worst cringe worthy cliche in all of anime imo, knocking into someone and fallling into that perfect "molesting" position.
-Not an ounce of originality, which I can take for some action shows, but will just not put up with in high school ecchi shows. I guess I've just hit that breaking point from watching too many of them in the past.
-Terrible character designs. The eyes are very lifeless as was said, but Todd from ANN's X-Button put this the best so I'll just let his words speak for themselves.
QUOTE Yes, it has that gleaming pink spot seen on many female characters in artwork for games and anime. Apparently it's supposed to suggest that a woman's skin is so shiny, pure, and smooth that it's actually blushing. This visual motif is showing up more and more in game illustrations......Artists of Japan, this does not look attractive or stylish. It looks like Morte and that apparently nameless Etrian Odyssey character are breaking out in huge, pulsating, and selectively placed pimples. It's ugly, and it needs to stop. I'm not sure who started this minor trend, but I first noticed it in Makoto Uno's art for Witchblade and Dragonaut.
I absolutely hated it in the 1 or 2 episodes of Kanokon I watched so was instantly disappointed when watching the very beginning and recognized the character designs. Only characters who look good (or at least don't look bad) are the non-shota males cause they lack those features.

Oh yea, and there's the not-funny aspect to it too.

ok so I downloaded a lot of different new first episode anime because I was too lazy to check what they were about and this one looks so baaaaaaad.
I'm only 10 minutes in the first ep and omg what the hell is up with the blond girl's hair?! I mean, she's got like two giant ugly croissants stucked onto the back of her head lol.
Such a pity though, the concept looks nice with the whole maid/butler hype going on but I don't think this series is doing it any right.

hmm
sound effects sure make it more interesting
but from the second episode this looks like its pretty high on the comedy and ecchi
one thing i notice is that daichi is a chick not a guy from the face eyes and hair the thing with the towel and the red cheeks are completely not like a man at least in this series all the guys(well 4/5 of them) are clearly male
i would think that this show could work as a harem thing
4 and a half guys in a sea of cute maids and rich ojous.....

Well said, the comedy/ecchi moments kept me well entertained throughout the episode. I admit that the wholesetup is completely stupid, but it's pretty dang funny, and if you ignore the impossible things like where this school could exist; or how our protagonist got in with their "strict" entrance exam; it can be a very entertaining anime.

Nonetheless, I'll be rooting for Sanae all the way; although I know clearly from just the opening its either the beserk drill or his mentally unstable childhood friend who will come out the victor; maybe both.

P.S: Daichi is definitely a woman, it was such a given ever since I saw the drawing style for the girls in the first episode; but I didn't want to rule out the possibility that he is just a very pretty guy...
ph34r.gif

Ok now with the second episode it seems that there is a natrual chemestry between Flameheat-san and Akiharu now. Originally she just dispised him, but from the looks of things she doesn't think of him as an overly bad person. Especially after she was caught evesdropping on why he's currently attending school there.

Aside form that why am I not supprised with the massiv fanservice of this series. Heck I kind of expected the clumzy maid to make someting supper ecchi to happen like always.

EP 2 was pretty nice, even thought I hope we wouldve seen some evil sheme of Saikyo.
But still there was a lot of fun, especially how Akiho always annoys Selnia.

@Barbobot: Hmm I never saw these white spots as pimpels or something. Even now they dont really disturb me. Until I read your post I didnt even see them ^^

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back