Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching You)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching You)
Japanese Title: 君に届け
Genre: Romance, Drama, Comedy, Sschool-Life
Premier: 6th Ocotober 2009
Original Creator: Karuho Shiina
Animation Studio: Production I.G
Director: Hiro Kaburaki
Official Website: http://www.ntv.co.jp/kiminitodoke/

Basic Info:

Its is planned to be a 25-episode series.

Cast:

Daisuke Namikawa as Shōta Kazehaya
Mamiko Noto as Sawako Kuronuma
Aya Hirano as Ume Kurumizawa
Miyuki Sawashiro as Ayane Yano
Yuko Sanpei as Chizuru Yoshida
Yuuichi Nakamura as Ryū Sanada

Plot:

Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from Ring, has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. But when her idol, popular boy Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, trying to make friends and talking to different people and she can't thank Kazehaya enough for giving her these opportunities. Slowly, but surely, a sweet love is blossoming between the two as they will overtake any circumstance or clear obstacles in their way.

(~from WIKI~)

My Thoughts:

Only read a few chapters......the manga was done well......this one will play on more on the emotions and if done right like it did in the manga, we might be in for a treat.
biggrin.gif

Shoujoooooooooo!!!
sad.gif
Haha, I jest. This one actually brought the emotions over very well in the manga (as JC said) but I don't see that happening on the same level in the anime unless they get a top class cast in all fields. TBH, I don't know whether or not i'll pick this one up... If it turns out to be way too girly, then no. But if they can actually make this a bit like, lets say Honey & Clover then i'll be giving it a good run.

P.S: I wanted to use a different anime as an example but I totally forgot the name of it... Just can't seem to remember shoujo titles, not too interesting for the most part; this one was a little different though. (Still only read around 5-6 chapters)

This is one title I've really been looking forward to, it's finally coming out tomorrow
biggrin.gif
I loved the manga (still reading it, a bit behind) and I can't wait to see how it will be adapted into anime. Noto Mamiko is PERFECT for Sawako, and it's Production IG animating it so I have high expectations!!

PS. AnimeWiz I can't imagine it ending up being too girly, I think they will follow the manga's style so I hope you won't be disappointed
smile.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 05 2009, 02:37 PM) PS. AnimeWiz I can't imagine it ending up being too girly, I think they will follow the manga's style so I hope you won't be disappointed
smile.gif

Oh, how I hope that your right.
tongue.gif
It's just that too many animes have strayed in recent years, even when the manga was amazing (like this one for example); but if it stays on track like you've said, we're in for a keeper... hopefully I don't end up choking at certain scenes.
wink.gif

Did the LoveCom mangaka do this?

This one look like a winner...beautifully animated, nice character designs. I liked the OP lots. Enjoyed the first episode, as we watch the main characters and the rest of the gang...angst, friendship, school antics and misunderstandings...ah...sweet youth and school days of long ago...when one first gazes upon the one who will pull at your heart strings...going to really enjoy watching this one...
wink.gif

It was a very sweet first episode, if things carry on this way it may be my favourite this fall. I think Sawako in SD form is sooo kawaiii
smile.gif
I haven't read the manga in awhile so it's very refreshing to see the anime, brings back my memories of the manga. I can't wait for the next ep
smile.gif

This one is another keeper for me (then again, Im not that picky). Although the animation looked a bit funny at some points, I find this art style to be a very refreshing, nothing flashy and over-the-top. It was a very entertaining first episode, both main characters are very likable. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next episode.

What a horrible, untasteful anime this is. Now to stop joking.

I found myself drawn in on this one, although I do agree with some people on the animation lacking at some points, it gives this show its own unique charm. Right now i'll continue watching, since they didn't ruin it with shoujo bubbles flying around the screen like other "complex" animes.
tongue.gif

All hail Sada... I mean Sawako.

It was very good. It gave off a good vibe.

The characters are likeable, even though Sawako is really clueless ^^
Sawako and Kazehaya really harmonized together.

It has the right amount of fun and seriousness in it. I will defenitly keep watching it.

QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Oct 08 2009, 08:48 AM) This one is another keeper for me (then again, Im not that picky). Although the animation looked a bit funny at some points, I find this art style to be a very refreshing, nothing flashy and over-the-top. It was a very entertaining first episode, both main characters are very likable. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Mijo! Great you will be watching this one as well...we will be taking about it for sure. Yes, the art style is refreshing but nothing new as it reminds me of another anime of long ago...Bokura ga Ita. I think the smiles and the eyes are what reminds me most of that anime.

Well, my first thoughts were Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. However, this anime is a bit sweeter. I like this anime, but doesn't anyone think it's moving too fast? It feels like the story is being rushed.

I liked the episode. The art kinda bothered me, but the story makes up for it so I'm in. I'm not a huge fan of how they constantly chibify Sawako (it's not quite chibi, but similar style), and something about the way they draw the eyes bothers me... The soft colors and such though were nice, not something you see too often in animes and they pulled it off well.

@truth2belief: I don't think it feels like they're rushing it at all. In fact, I like the fact that they jumped right in. Animes where 90+% of the show is spent having the two characters never admitting their feelings and always getting interrupted or having competition from others who obviously don't stand a chance...those things irritated the hell out of me. This seems like it'll be much more about Sawako's growth as a woman, and the effects her relationship with Kazehaya have on her; it's not a 'does he love me?' *spend 10 episodes trying to figure out until it seems like it's too late* 'I love you!' *amazement*. I'm GLAD it doesn't follow that cliche.

@ dchaosblade actually its a little rushed compared to the manga i noticed a few minor details and part of a conversation that wasnt included
but i can agree that it does jump right in
also there is a few side things like that with that one french girl(forgot her name) but i dont think it would spend as much time on it
and about the spending 10 episodes it might actually be longer than that for them to say something like that but their actions id say show what they arent saying which is better than being stiff as a board or hardly talking to the other person like ive seen in some animes

i am gonna love this anime for all its good and bad cause im just a sucker for romance
ill really enjoy the coming episodes
theres some things that will be hilarious or cute(on sawako's part)
ive probably been wanting to watch this kinda anime for a while...
on a side note i dont think it would take someone else talking to her first for me to talk to someone like her

Awesome Episode!!!!!
Am already in love with the series.
Especially the lead voice actress. Almost every anime I've seen with such a voice, I've loved a lot. So, if the pattern remains the same, I'm gonna be loving this anime too....

This has got to be one of the highlights of this season. Nice characters, nice story and no annoying voices.
What can be possibly go wrong with this series....apart from getting rushed or filler episodes it sure has a lot potential. So for me this series can become the best series of the season.

I think i'll join in
biggrin.gif
All hail Sawako

After watching the second episode i can truly say that this series has become my favorite for this season. Sawako just is an awesome character and to see her slowly starting to get out of her solitude is really told in a grand way. I can hardly wait to watch the next episode.

Ps: anyone also got the feeling that someone else also likes Kazehaya
smile.gif
?

Another great episode. SD Sawako never seems to get old for me. You just cant help but feel a bit sorry for her, not only are her school mates afraid of her but children and animals as well. Its great for her to at least attempt to be social, especially witth great friends there to support her.

this series really gives a warm fuzzy feeling

i would have to disagree that feeling sorry is the best way to feel
as a matter of good character the best thing to do is see through the misunderstandings into who she really is
which is what kazehaya does

i but yea this is something youd never get tired of watching

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back