Nyankoi!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

AnimeWiz07

-de gozaru~
Sempai

Plot Summary: Junpei Kōsaka is a second-year high school student who despises cats and has an allergy to them. It just so happens that his high school crush is Kaede Mizuno, a girl who adores cats. One day, while walking home from school, Junpei kicks an empty can and unfortunately beans the local neko-jizō-sama (guardian deity of cats). He finds he can now understand what cats are saying, including his family's own ill-tempered cat, Nyamusasu. However, if he does not grant 100 wishes from cats, he will turn into cat himself.

Vintage: 2009-10-01 - ??? / 12 episodes

Genre: Comedy, Romance

My thoughts: Well, took a look at the first episode... and you guys know what? It reminds me of freaking "Seto no Hanayome", no not in plotline (duh) but in how the comedy is done. A lot of stuttering, threats and of course fear for ones own life.

aww come on though the fear of ones life is hilariously done for this one turning into a cat and then dieing because your allergies to cats(yourself in this case) causes you to suffocate, it's so unbelievable it's funny. I actually just got done reading what little manga is out for this one the other day. I have to say that it is pretty funny, but nothing that really you don't see coming of course they try and throw in a little harem action but well it feels all so done before.

I'll give it a watch for a little but I'm not expecting very much espically not in 12 episodes with an incomplete manga.

I am going to get back into anime and I will definitely watch this bcuz it reminds AniWiz of Seto no Hanayome(great comedy!!XD).

I really enjoyed the first episode of this show, probably the best debut so far in my opinion. (well the only other new shows I have watched were Kampfer and The Sacred Blacksmith)

I like the idea of talking cats, I always wondered what they would say if they could talk (big cat lover here!!
biggrin.gif
) As for comparing it to Seto no Hayanome, yes, I can see this one turning out to be just as great a comedy. And on a side note, is it just me or is gg subbing like every single show this season? lol Maybe they are just planning to do that for the first episode until another sub group takes over...

Kind of surprising that Fukuyama Jun is voicing the cat Tama, I didn't recognize him at all
laugh.gif

Personally, I wasn't overly impressed with this one - which is disappointing considering the other comments I've been reading. I was expecting something hilarious and got something that was just 'meh' IMO
I'll give it another shot but more than likely it seems this is going into my pile of things to watch only when there's nothing else available...

As far as gg subbing everything; they're intentionally subbing as many shows as they can so that they can drop them all in order to intentionally change their rating on some anime site. Go figure.

I think I might have enjoyed it because I'm a cat lover dchaos lol so maybe it will be just cat lovers who love this show?!
laugh.gif

Well that might be the good reason to watch it if you're a cat lover. Although it's kind of ineresting on how he has to do 100 stories about saving cats in a predicament just to lift the cure.

In any case this is just the first episode, and how it played out felt rather interesting if you ask me.

I was positive surprised when I watched the first ep. The fun is just awesome, especially the scene where he yells "Dont Touch!". I couldnt stop laughing.
The characters are pretty interesting too and there are many things which can be used for funny conflicts.

I have two cats myself so I know the troubles he has, altough Im not allergic to them. But they still can be annoying ^^

I didnt recognize Fukuyama Jun is voicing Tama. It doesnt sound like his usuall voice (i. e. Lelouch from Code Geass or Maximilian from Valkyria Chronicles)

btw, this series reminds of how much I want someone to continue to sub Chis Sweet Home S2 -.-

so did anyone else notice that in the beginning that at 1:14 that the cat (Nyamsas) leaving the room made a door opening noise?

QUOTE (ghost-kun @ Oct 04 2009, 12:03 PM) so did anyone else notice that in the beginning that at 1:14 that the cat (Nyamsas) leaving the room made a door opening noise?
xD
I actually noticed that too, and was sitting there waiting for someone to walk in or something. I mean, the cat walks out, the door handle clicks open and the door creaks as it swings open...surely the cat can't do that...
Even said to myself "am I seriously the only one who noticed that??" - but forgot about it by the end of the episode, lol.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 04 2009, 10:31 AM) xD
I actually noticed that too, and was sitting there waiting for someone to walk in or something. I mean, the cat walks out, the door handle clicks open and the door creaks as it swings open...surely the cat can't do that...
Even said to myself "am I seriously the only one who noticed that??" - but forgot about it by the end of the episode, lol.
I know some cats that can open doors. Cats are quite intelligent, they observe the humans and know how the door-opening works.
wink.gif
NYAAAAA

I think I like this show, it was pretty funny.
smile.gif

i watched it last night it is pretty funny

I think I'm gonna call this show the biggest surprise of the season. I didn't have very high expectations for the show before it aired, but I've thoroughly enjoyed episodes 1 and 2 and am loving this show. Great humor, great looking characters, good times.

PS: Sumiyoshi=Win (at least now that she took off that hideous makeup)

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 10 2009, 03:47 PM) PS: Sumiyoshi=Win (at least now that she took off that hideous makeup)
Exactly. I always thought I was alone on that... she is the best looking female in this anime (manga alike); it's such a shame that she isn't the main love interest (yet). Although I have to admit Mizuno looks so much better in the anime, they got rid of those HUGE eyes she has in the manga, thank you producers. Not to mention there are still a few eye candies yet to be introduced; so maybe i'll root for someone else soon enough.

Anyway, episode 2 was just as good as episode 1; and it seems they'll bring that pace into episode 3 (and hopefully the entire series)

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 10 2009, 10:47 PM) I think I'm gonna call this show the biggest surprise of the season. I didn't have very high expectations for the show before it aired, but I've thoroughly enjoyed episodes 1 and 2 and am loving this show. Great humor, great looking characters, good times.

Pffft I knew this was a hit before it even aired, wanna know why? Cos it has lots and lots of cats in it
happy.gif
And the humans aren't bad either. I like Sumiyoshi better then Mizuno, because she has more of a personality. (at least from what we've seen so far) Mizuno is the typical sweet beauty of the class, that is always oblivious of the protagonist's feelings. I prefer Sumiyoshi's tough, yet caring personality. Plus I like Ryoko Shiraishi's voice.
tongue.gif

It looks like we'll get introduced to another big boobed beauty voiced be Rina Satou in the next ep lol.

To think the second episode kept the same pace as episode one did. Although for some reason it seems tat he kind of gotten over his alergies all thanks ot the curse it seems. Although he still feels rather reluctant about the whole matter about becoming a cat though.

In any case who would of guess that his childhood friend would actually look that good when she's not weaing that kind of makeup. In any case I kind of wonder what would of happened if anyone else found out about his curse. Would tat mean we'd see some of these girls as actual catgirls from the OP or what?
tongue.gif

I think it was explained that if anyone else found out about his curse, they would also be cursed like him, and his curse would be accelerated (ie. he would be closer to turning into a cat, his time would run out faster).
I don't know about catgirls .....
tongue.gif
the big boobs are enough aren't they?? now you want catgirls too?!?!
tongue.gif
lol just teasing
He's still allergic, as far as I can tell... I noticed he was sneezing at one point near the end when he followed Sumayoshi as she was about to feed Panda. I guess they kinda forgot about his allergies and then quickly inserted a sneeze
laugh.gif

okay after watching two episodes i must say i like the series. It is going to be fun to watch him try to get to a 100. Although i don't think we'll have 100 episodes (or do we?).
Sumiyoshi is indeed a lot more fun to watch than Mizuno. Mizuno is too simpleminded to really like as a main character. I'd rather see him with Sumiyoshi than Mizuno if they want to introduce a bit of love in this series.

It's possible that he never WAS actually allergic to cats. I mean, he has been shown in scenes as a child with cats, and his family sure doesn't care. It's possible that the whole thing is psychological for whatever reason. As such, he can go for times - particularly when he's distracted - where he isn't allergic; but then when he isn't so preoccupied he becomes 'allergic' again. If that's the case, it's likely that by the end of the series we'll know the cause for the psychological problem and he'll be "cured".

Either way, this episode was better, IMO, then the first one. I guess I'll jump on board for a bit. I'm not as huge a fan of cats as - apparently - most of you are, but I can still appreciate comedy =P

Ack, the first manba anime character. As if ganguro hadn't been bad enough...

...and the priest's mikeneko is way creepy.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back