Seto no Hanayome

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired

Title: Seto no Hanayome
Kanji: 瀬戸の花嫁
English Literal Translation: The Inland Sea Bride
Premier: Spring 2007
Official Website: Seto no Hanayome
Synopsis (aniDB):
Nagasumi visits his grandmother near the sea during the summer. While visiting, he goes for a swim, and drowns right after entering the water. Fortunately for him he is saved by a young mermaid. Later as he tells the story to his family, a young girl named San appears at his home and begs Nagasumi to marry her.

She’s followed by two large thugs and they take both him and his parents to San`s home under the sea. If that wasn’t strange enough, it turns out San`s parents are mob bosses. Nagasumi is left with the choice of either death or marrying San. He chooses to marry a mermaid.

This would likely be that, except San`s father and some members of the mob are not exactly thrilled to have Nagasumi courting San and are determined to bring an end to their relationship--or him. And there is also the matter of keeping it a secret that San is a mermaid.

The story is kinda unique, and the main picture is somewhat very cool.

Manga Covers

OMG..............jul10-sama, please stop doing this to me......I was making the Potemayo thread and I was thinking I still gotta make the Seto no Hanayome thread....so I quickly post the new topic and just check was on the anime page and see the thread has already been created by Jul10-sama

I claim San-chan as mine FOREVER....DUWA!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

This anime kinda reminds me of the Tom Hank's film called "Splash". Yeah, I'll be watching this anime as well.

Cya

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 02 2007, 05:34 PM) I think I'll just stop announcing girls I claimed and just type up a list of which anime girls I want lol.......and claiming them in secret
ph34r.gif

Oh kit no...claiming girls without you and usspaul will be no fun... >o<
it seems the "claiming" tournament is kinda hard today..more members also in FTV now..lol

I don't know the name is but I want the girl in white, that is on the main pics of my first post on this thread... lol

QUOTE (jul10 @ Mar 02 2007, 10:41 PM) Oh kit no...claiming girls without you and usspaul will be no fun... >o<
it seems the "claiming" tournament is kinda hard today..more members also in FTV now..lol

I don't know the name is but I want the girl in white, that is on the main pics of my first post on this thread... lol
Jul10-sama, thats meant to be *My*San-chan.

With mobs and mermaids I'm just not to sure there is such a thing as a plot so unique that it just doesn't fit. I'm gonna need so more info on this one. JCD you should get on that after you take a brief break
wink.gif

Though i gotta say is this the right way to go about claiming girls. Shouldn't there be more of an art to it. Like getting to know her a little bit maybe spending a little quality time with her pics or some of her better scenes guess you can call me old-fashioned
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (jul10 @ Mar 02 2007, 02:41 PM) Oh kit no...claiming girls without you and usspaul will be no fun... >o<

oh don't worry. I've already claimed the big ones: Nanoha and Fate
smile.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 02 2007, 04:22 PM) I claim San-chan as mine FOREVER....DUWA!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

From what you have claimed so far you should have a big harem by now. Leave some for the others.
tongue.gif

I guess I will take a look at this series as well. Seems that there are going to come quite a lot of animes that I may like.
biggrin.gif

The main picture gives it a whole different feel from the manga pictures to me. I guess I'll try this one out. The plot is just so......unique...yea that's a good word for it....or odd. It's like they picked 3 ideas out of hat and decided to go with it and this time they picked Mob, Mermaid, Marriage.

I kinda liked what I saw of the 1st episode RAW. There is quite a lot of humor in it with a lot of exaggerated scenes. I still stick by what I said a month ago that the plot just seems like a hodge podge of several ideas put together, but it makes room for many comedic situations. Hopefully some group will pick up this show so I can continue watching it.

@jul10, do you have a bigger version of the picture you posted in the first post? I really like it and I tried searching for a bigger picture of it, but I couldn't even find the picture at all, let alone bigger.

hmm... the animation is cute and the thought of a mermaid yakuza really cracks me up, LOL! the first ep seems interesting so i might keep watching this..

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 02 2007, 12:50 AM) @jul10, do you have a bigger version of the picture you posted in the first post? I really like it and I tried searching for a bigger picture of it, but I couldn't even find the picture at all, let alone bigger.
Well, I think originally it was taken when the official website was not fully active yet. But now, since the official website has been updated, the picture is gone. And that one, I think it is the highest resolution that I can get.

more scanlations about the preview

Does anyone know who's gonna sub this anime ???
unsure.gif
blink.gif
rolleyes.gif

I hope its like either gg, SHS or Eclipse.
rolleyes.gif

when will this series come out subbed? sounds interesting ^^ i'll check it out when it gets subbed ^^ is there a trailer avilable?

ROFL what kind of mermaid carries a sword? The one that makes sushi? haha

This anime sure is interesting... really unique. I'm diving into this anime.

Mm youtube did have the raw for it. but i don't know how long it going to be there. since youtube is removing video by the sec. i was lucky and get to download it off youtube. i have the first two ep. i hope a fansub group will take up this series.

Any news of this show being subbed? I'm really curious about this one, some have claimed it to be funnier than Hayate no Gotoku!
ohmy.gif
Is that even possible?!
wink.gif

I have to say that this season some pretty good comedies were released: Hayate no Gotoku, Lovely Complex, Nagasarete Airantou, Lucky Star.... and maybe this one!

Seto no Hanayome was finally released by gg. Downloading it right now so I'll post something later maybe after watching it. From what I saw of the RAW this looks like it will be a funny series.

Well I was hoping that the dialogue would add a lot to the comedy, but for me it kinda fell flat compared the other series. It definitely does not beat Hayate no Gotoku or Lucky Star for me. I feel that just too much of the show is done in a constant overly exaggerated animation. Now the comedic exaggerated scenes are nice and dandy, but for me there is just a limit to how much there can be before it starts to get a bit annoying. I wish there was more of the black afro guy cause he was easily the best character in the show followed closely by Nagasumi's mom.
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back