Coffee anyone?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

orofena-chan

-dono
Retired
I noticed there was a thread about food, cooking food, etc...

Being a huge coffee addict (gotta have my cup'a'day! heh! SEVERAL) I searched for a thread that would have my favourite brew as a topic and found none...

Anyway to start:

How and when do you like your coffee?
I need to have mine first thing in the morning, else I can't function... (I know it's an addiction!)
I always make mine a caffé-latte in the morning (steamed milk with espresso -lots of it!-
laugh.gif
)
Once I have my morning latte, the rest of the day can happen...

lol, well im not that bad but i do like coffee,
smile.gif
but i have it at night mainly at work when i have to close

I drink coffee in the morning only. I mix coffee with milk 1:10, little bit of coffee and loooooots of milk. I have drunk coffee like that ever since I was a little kid.
biggrin.gif

I've never had coffee in my life, nor do I plan to drink it. Why? I don't have a problem getting up so why poison my body with caffene? I'm still young and able to get on with life without coffee
tongue.gif

ps. Coffee tastes afwul as well, I did try a tiny sip once but thats it, it tastes disgusting, ewwwwww
biggrin.gif

I'm not into coffee either.. I'm a tea person really, it lights my fire..

don't touch such evil stuff, will cause me stomach ache

my morning boost- a heavy dose of Doom3, 2 Mars Bar and loads of forum

my night boost- tea (any kind of tea, flower tea, fruit tea, oolong tea, green tea, red tea)

lol i like it with alot of suger and 2 creams. lol im still young too inu, i dotn need it come on i stay up days at a time with out caffene. Anime is my caffene.

Hmmm let see now, i guess i always drink coffee, in a daily basis i think i drank about 3-5 cups a day. Im a coffee person but sometimes i do prefer tea if its Darjeeling =P.

I had my coffee with 2 sugar, white. I always call coffee leet power ups since it gives me the energy i need to wake up and do something XD.
Without coffee i guess the world will be colored gray in scale lol =P(just kidding)

A coffee thread? I looove coffee! I drink it every day.
happy.gif

What are my favorite brews though?
I like French Vanilla. The basic office brew with french vanilla is a welcome aroma to what would be a blan day in front of a computer screen for 9 hours.
We drank this house blend from Godiva at the office some time ago, that was pretty good. I would suggest if you were to get any house blend, it be from Godiva added with some of the famos Godiva chocolate liquor for an effect that is to say will not only keep you awake, but take you away on a fluffy alococholic (alcohol + chocolate) cloud.
We had some of this peppermint cream stuff the otherday at a friend's house. That had a stong aroma with a nice after-taste. Approprate* for the winter holidays but a welcome flavor to plain.
My favorite is this Chocolate Almond from a German company who's name I can't remember let alone spell. This stuff has a smell that can relax you back to sleep and a caffeen that can wake you back up and put you back where you started.
Here's to you caffeen drinkers that take it in coffee.
This is sure to be my favorite thread for quite a while. I'm rather sure I will frequent this place a lot.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Byproduct @ Oct 11 2006, 07:31 PM)A coffee thread? I looove coffee! I drink it every day.
What are my favorite brews though?
We drank this house blend from Godiva at the office some time ago, that was pretty good. I would suggest if you were to get any house blend, it be from Godiva added with some of the famos Godiva chocolate liquor for an effect that is to say will not only keep you awake, but take you away on a fluffy alococholic (alcohol + chocolate) cloud
This is sure to be my favorite thread for quite a while. I'm rather sure I will frequent this place a lot.

Ah! It's good to hear from other coffee addicts!
laugh.gif

I agree that Godiva is pretty good if you like to have your brew from a drip, but I must confess I'm pretty much an espresso person. I like my brew to be hot, sweet and strong! I saved and saved until I was able to get my own espresso machine!
biggrin.gif
Another way I like my coffee in the middle of the day is a nice frothy cappuccino with no cinnamon nor chocolate (which are the usual toppings offered for this drink). I'm lucky that my campus is downtown (I live in Toronto), there are usually some really nice coffee houses within walking distance (and in between classes!).

As to being young or old... Who cares? I first drank it the way Warita described (tons of milk some coffee) when I was eight and have never looked back!

I frequent the pot from 8-5 all week. You'd be surprised as to how necessary coffee is for a graphic designer. Normally we are lively and awake, but when you are on your ass for THAT long of a time you need a caffeen boost.
Sure you get your breaks and lunches, but deadlines consume life and you just need that boost.

i can't stand turkish coffee (if i am right), the dripping time is too long and the taste is too bitter... errgh!!

My latest discovery
Swiss Miss instant hot chocolate (could be any instant that you add to water but swiss miss is prefered) + 1 cup of regular coffee (could be a flavored that goes well with chocolate) = very good chococoffee or mocca
wink.gif

In doing so, don't add any sugar or creamer to the coffee beforehand, it makes the instant a bit too sweet.
Use caution in doing so. The caffeen rush combined with the instant hot chocolate can/will make even the expirenced drinkers a bit jittery.

coffee can make me sooooo sick at times. I dont know why, maybe it has to do with blood preassure. Black tea makes me sick to me stomache too.

QUOTE (Byproduct @ Oct 12 2006, 09:48 AM)My latest discovery
Swiss Miss instant hot chocolate (could be any instant that you add to water but swiss miss is prefered) + 1 cup of regular coffee (could be a flavored that goes well with chocolate) = very good chococoffee or mocca ... The caffeen rush combined with the instant hot chocolate can/will make even the expirenced drinkers a bit jittery.

Hey ByP! Methinks you're not only a coffee addict but a chocolate one too!
wink.gif

Also, I'm pretty sure some of us travel outside our computer screens
laugh.gif
soooo... does anyone recommend any coffee houses along the way? You don't have to live there, but if you know of a nice place...

If you happen to visit the city of Toronto, try L'Espresso at the corner of Bloor Street with St. George Street. It's right in the middle of the University. Coffee there is really good and pretty reasonable (around $1.70 Canadian), or go for my favourite Cappuccino ($3.95)
laugh.gif

We never know what roads we shall be travelling! So knowing about small cozy places for a good cup of our favourite brew is very nice... as an alternative to the huge chain conglomerates like Starbucks for example... Coffee there's okay, but in general I try to avoid going there...

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 12 2006, 10:00 AM)coffee can make me sooooo sick at times. I dont know why, maybe it has to do with blood preassure. Black tea makes me sick to me stomache too.

Hmm... Warita, does it happen when you drink it with milk? It could be that you're lactose intolerant... On the other hand, caffeine does have an adverse effect on some people
sad.gif

If you do like the taste of coffee have you tried decaf? There are some really good ones out there! (I can't believe I wrote that!
blink.gif
)

it is not milk, it is the coffee. The feeling is the same as when my blood preassure drops suddenly. I feel awefull and have a heachache. I always though that coffee increases blood pressure, but my aunt (she is a doctor) told me, that some ppl react the opposite way to coffee. weird, isnt?
I tried de-caf and didnt like it, it has a different taste. Plus I only drink coffee in the morning.... so it is OK.

I drink coffee and tea on a daily basis. .I start my day with a cup of coffee or tea, then when am at the office, I have another cup of coffee with my colleagues. . .I guess its 3 or 4 cups per day for me, sometimes more when I have to stay till late.

I am more of a Tea person for casual drinking. However, I have been known to indulge in those specialty coffees. I perfer something chocolate, like a mocha sytle expresso. I try to keep my consumption towards the lower end, so I don'g get addicted.
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back