• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

Well, this is why we created the thread! It's all about sharing experiences. I will be probably posting a tutorial by the end of next week on me making either one of my current Shana-related sigs... =)
Look forward to it!
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#22 Dragon-of-Rune

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4643 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (WINGZERO619 @ Oct 31 2006, 07:05 AM)
@DoR: The yellow color is looking sweet with your render. I like the use of the underlineing on your main text. I can't really tell, but I don't think you used a drop shadow. If not, try putting one on and if you did, have the spread be more noticable. Another thing I noticed on your render, did you take your time in rendering her or did you just clean her real quick? I see some jaggedness around her... especially her legs. Just take the blur tool and go over the endges with like a 3px soft circle brush. That should do the trick. Either than that, awesome job.

Like i said i made it in 5 minutes, that includes the time cleaning the render tongue.gif But i just wanted to give this a shot. Also i am not really gona improve anything untill i have a new monitor, because i am currently using a old crt now because my monitor is kinda busted up and don't have money for a new one. This monitor isn't really showing the colors straight (it's over 10 years old) and everything looks darker even when i turned the lightning settings to make it as light as possible. So untill i have a new monitor i won't really update my work. I am still gona make the signature's but untill i can see for myself what is wrong with it, i am just not gonna bother updating it.

Amasignature2.jpg
crew.jpg
BestAvatarandSignature.jpg
MostSeriousMember.jpg
Userbars:
chaoslegion.jpg
asa.jpg
FFFUserbar.jpg

Secret Info:
Proud Captain of the AALS - Anti Anti Lolis Squad.
Secret planner of the third AALS - ALS war. Contact me for further information tongue.png

#23 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Riding my 2006 GSX-R600, watching anime, working on sigs and of course hanging out in the art thread at Fansub.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:06 AM

@BAakaTheOne: You are very welcome! I'm glad my advice has helped out you out in improving your sig creation skills and well as broaden your photoshop knowledge. I think personally, I'm a better critic than a sig creator. I enjoy helping others when I'm able to.! Well you're at advantage now... I suck at animating lol. Maybe some time you can put up an animated gif tut. Again, keep up the great work and it was also a pleasure meeting you on Fansub.

@DoR: No worries buddy. You still do an awesome job with an outdated monitor. I try to do all my sigs on my Hi-Def flat screen. I have a flat screen at work also but it has a matte finish. With that kind of finish, it will mask a lot of imperfections. So if anything I start it at work and finish at home. We're just going to have to start a monitor fund for you tongue.gif
user posted image

#24 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Riding my 2006 GSX-R600, watching anime, working on sigs and of course hanging out in the art thread at Fansub.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:25 AM

Happy Halloween everyone! Please enjoy this treat which I have provided you with this evening. If you're going out to trick or treat, please be careful. Oh yeah, don't eat the candy corn!

Title : House of Feathering
Program : Photoshop CS
Type : Feathering/Blending
Style : WINGZERO619 style
Difficulty : Novice
Tutorial :

user posted image
user posted image

#25 hamasusuke

hamasusuke

-aniue

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts
  • Interests:gundams

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:38 AM

LOL.. i like this tut... ahaha.. Very Cute.
user posted image<--how long have I had this? Time for a change!
user posted image
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.
Don't forget to read the rules <--Addresses all new, old, and recent members
F.A.Q. Page<---- Trouble shoot and Support Section

#26 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:46 AM

@hamasusuke: Yeah, I thought it was cute to use for my Halloween sig. Since I was going to work on that and members were asking me on how to feather, I just combined the two today. Same format as my other tut but looks better lol. I just had little changes here and there. Try it out and post some results.
user posted image

#27 wittyfox

wittyfox

→√wittyfox=god Since god²=ME

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1255 posts
  • Interests:drawing, most things artistic
    →√wittyfox=god Since god²=ME

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:50 AM

It is cute, I like the render but I am not a big fan of the back ground. The render seems to be floating in the middle almost with no real connection with the background even with the Feathering. Simple though so its a good way to get people started.
user posted imagesuper cool animesite
God and founder of the witty squad.

"blog" updated daily
user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user posted image

#28 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:42 PM

@wittyfox: This whole setup was just for the tut and something real quick for Halloween. Since no one did anything for it, I thought it would be cool just to whip something up real quick. I just wanted to show the basics of how I feathered. I could have done a real boring one... you know, black bg and feather a red circle lol. As long as I get my point across on how to feather and make sure my end users understand the steps and not get lost, then that's what counts in my book for this thread. Besides, this feathering/blending is at a novice level. I do other kinds of blending that take more skill. Those tuts will come in the near future. Looking and critiquing on results is a bonus for me and the rest of you.
user posted image

#29 Primula

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1937 posts
  • Interests:Anime, loli(lol), origami, game, drawing expecailly anime girl, computers, etc... making animated sig
    Girls in anime characteristic that I usually like. Kuudere, Tsundere,& certain unique type

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

My result for that tut although had to put a background together myself so I use the tech. I used for my fansub comp 9 sig. That tut wasn't much just for feathering...oh well biggrin.gif
user posted image
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --> Posted Image<br/><br/><br />
<span><input type=button value="Show Spoiler" onclick="this.style.display='none'; this.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('span')[0].style.display = '';" style="font-size:10px"><span style="display: none"> Posted Image </span></span> <br/><br/><br />
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://boards.fansub...CODE=4&MID=9346' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Posted Image</a><br/><br/><br />
Come check out the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://boards.fansub...pic=1429&st=100' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'><span style='color:green'>Gif Thread</span></a><br/><br/><br />
Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.datorrent..._pics_1.torrent' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Torrent Link</a> Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.datorrent...i Pic 2.torrent' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Torrent Link</a> Ecchi Pic 1-3 <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.fileqube....IAGnWeevm186537' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>YEAH!!!</a>

#30 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:53 AM

@Kansa: Exactly, it's just basic feathering. I'm loving all your Prims. You know I forgot to put something on my tut. I might have to do a revision on it... but I know you only feathered the outside. If you notice, you can see it's still not blended within the inside. So pay attention:

While you click outside of your render and within your canvas, you notice everything around the renders are highlighted with the ants. HOLD DOWN SHIFT AND CLICK ANYTHING YOU WANT INSIDE THE RENDERS such as in the middle of her neck and hair, or shoulder and hair anything that's enclosed you're able to click on the inside. When you're done, let go of shift and go ahead a procede with the tut (ctrl+alt+d...). Se try that and it's going to look even better. Great job on your results. Sorry, I didn't provide any bg's or renders. tongue.gif
user posted image

#31 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:26 AM

Thanx for the tips! Really helpful with messy renders, the ones that I normally use to make my life more difficult laugh.gif
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#32 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:53 AM

@Ausdoerrt: Of course. I aim to help others. I want everyone to expand their horizons and think out of the box when making sigs. So that's why we created this thread. So far it's working great. As for the feathering tut. It's very basic and I want to make sure the step by step process is easy to understand. There's that extra step I had mention to Kansa, but it was going stretching my tut a bit and didn't want to go off track. I'll eventually revise it when everyone is getting the hang of this easy feathering technique. So take a good look at my current sig lol. It's probably the last time you'll see my very first sig. Damn that thing is ugly lol. I've come a long way from that.
user posted image

#33 Primula

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1937 posts
  • Interests:Anime, loli(lol), origami, game, drawing expecailly anime girl, computers, etc... making animated sig
    Girls in anime characteristic that I usually like. Kuudere, Tsundere,& certain unique type

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:37 AM

Did more feathering here what it look like although it isnt much but it look better than the other one smile.gif
user posted image
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --> Posted Image<br/><br/><br />
<span><input type=button value="Show Spoiler" onclick="this.style.display='none'; this.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('span')[0].style.display = '';" style="font-size:10px"><span style="display: none"> Posted Image </span></span> <br/><br/><br />
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://boards.fansub...CODE=4&MID=9346' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Posted Image</a><br/><br/><br />
Come check out the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://boards.fansub...pic=1429&st=100' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'><span style='color:green'>Gif Thread</span></a><br/><br/><br />
Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.datorrent..._pics_1.torrent' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Torrent Link</a> Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.datorrent...i Pic 2.torrent' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Torrent Link</a> Ecchi Pic 1-3 <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.fileqube....IAGnWeevm186537' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>YEAH!!!</a>

#34 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:45 PM

@Kansa: Regardless if it's not much, but you can still tell it makes a big difference. It's looks better 10 fold. I'm glad you didn't get lost with my quick instructions on how to do the inner blending. Now I know you've broaden your horizons in photoshop. Great job!
user posted image

#35 Clowd

Clowd

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Location:Saskatoon Saskachewan In my basment watching teh animes!!11one
  • Interests::|

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:52 AM

user posted image

i like my results, quite pleased
user posted image
user posted image

#36 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:27 PM

@Clowd: I'm glad you're quite pleased with your results. You have a very unique looking bg. Like a mystical cloud or somthing behind your render. Speaking of render, your's is very clean cut. Is she eating something? Well anywho, great job on following the tut and you should apply my 2nd tut to it to. Feather her in about 2-4px.
user posted image

#37 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:33 AM

Hail, Photoshop art lovers! laugh.gif
Nice job on the last tutorial! Some sweet results there! I'm glad me and Wingzero actually opened this thread!
Well, I'll be posting a tutorial for next week, and it's another "start to finish"! Do your best. You are still free to post new results from Wingzero's tutorial if you have any.

Name: "Anime Signature, from brainstorming to peer-review"
Style: "Ausdoerrt's Dark Style"
ESRB Rating laugh.gif "E" for "Everyone"
Guaranteed performance for: Photoshop 7 and newer
External links to the used brushes and renders are after the tut.

So, here goes!
We're making sth like this:
user posted image

The tut (cklickable):

user posted image

Flame Brush Set
Handwriting Brush Set
Alchemy Brush Set
Screen
Original Render
BG Photo

#38 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:15 PM

Excellent flame tut from start to finish. I'm impressed with my results. The hardest part was thinking of a character who has a flamish bg... So scorpion was the first one that popped into my head... you know, the fighting scene from part 1 where they go into his realm. Well anyways, here is what I used:

I used the same brush pack that Ausoderrt provided. Below you'll find the pic I used. This is actually a photo of the catacombs in Europe.
user posted image

This is my result. I did some advanced blending with my render to give it an authentic flame wrap.
user posted image

Again, thanks for the excellent flame sig tut Ausdoerrt!
user posted image

#39 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:05 PM

Nice sig, Wingzero!
I would recommend that you bring out your text a little - you may wat to make it more opaque, or give it a shadow...
Also, there are places on your sig where your bg photo stands out uncovered - I mean, it's OK, but try adding another flame or two to see how it looks...
Also, nice job of blending the render with the fire! Did you put some of the flames in the foreground, or is it just transparent eraser?
Your sig also looks kinda empty and one-coloured... Try to go through the "details" part of the tut to add to the left part... The skulls stand out anyway, why not add some fun non-abstract brushes? My suggestions would be:
1 2 3 4 5
See if you can improve it! Such details are vital to make a sig look better!
Great Job biggrin.gif
You also didn't have to make it flame laugh.gif You can use brush packs like ice or water or anything similar...

#40 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the comment. I know there are skulls showing on the sig, I intended for them to be shown through the flames. I didn't want to cover them up 100%. The Text I could bring out more, but I also wanted to give it a flamed look. I was looking at it when I first slapped it on there without the flame and it was really plain. So I'll adjust the text accordingly. I'll have to look up your suggestions on abstract brushes in a bit... I have to work on a couple of pc's right now and deliver one. I'll have to keep working on your tut and create some other elemental effects such as Ice.
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users