• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 tonifreyr

tonifreyr

-dono

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:My interests are, anime(obviously) playing drums and surgeries(I wanna be a doctor) girls and ranting, as you will probably see if you read my posts<br>Oh! and computer games(especally the gory ones GO Prey :D<br>FAVORITE ANIME OF ALL TIME<br>EVANGELION

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

when you say it dry.gif , chan gets used on both sexes kun also, nasashi fron venus versus virus always says, Sumire-kun
user posted image

#62 mamori

mamori

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Interests:anime, mythology, writing, geology

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:30 PM

*some notes

O/お adds respect to the word, and can be translated as 'Honorable.' there are several words in the japanese language which require the O (for example, tea), otherwise people will look at you funny, which if you're not japanese, happens enough already.

(none): uber closeness

chi and similar: made up honourifics, usually used by young girls towards their friends.

chan: shows close familiarity/or superiority of the user(though rarely used in this case), and has a feminine conontation.

kun: shows close familiarity/or superiority by the user(though rarely used in this case), and has a masculine conontation.

san: general honourific (Mr. Mrs. Ms.), you're safe using this.

dono: often used as a respectful honourific, but has little or no significance to status (ex: 'back in the day,' nobles would use dono when refering to people). very rare now days.

sama: very respectfull honourific, and is someone you either repect highly, or should have reason to fear.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

COI/Claimed
Kohaku: Tsukihime
Satsuki: Tsukihime
Sakura: Fate/Stay Night
Hanyuu: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Suigintou: Rozen Maiden
Tsuruya: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Wilhelmina: Shakugan no Shana
Kuroi-Sensei: Lucky Star
Horo: Spice and Wolf
Fuko Ibuki: Clannad
Maria: Hayate no Gotoku!

#63 qrdel

qrdel

- OldTimer

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2051 posts
  • Interests:Right now? None.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

Daft-sempai!! Come and give me special title! Onegai desu! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif -> Just kidding... I finally got over 1000 smile.gif Thats my 1001 tongue.gif And I've been thinking... its almost a year since I've joined the FTV. At first it was because I needed to download some stuff. Then I joined forum and kept downloading... and finally... I'm not downloading anything from Fansub TV, yet I keep writing here... evolution, isn't? smile.gif -darn, I got carried away smile.gif
"For me, a friend is someone who would chase his own dream and wouldn't let himself be swallowed by mine... For me, a friend is a person equal to myself..."

#64 JunMisugi

JunMisugi

-書籍の恋人

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:13 PM

I finally got over 1000 smile.gif Thats my 1001 tongue.gif
Hahah yeah and I just saw that you posted like a berserker in the Thoughtful Section for that in a half hour tongue.gif . So I guess that means the only title which you can get now can only come personally from daft, well I wonder what title you are going to get then laugh.gif

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

#65 qrdel

qrdel

- OldTimer

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2051 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

berserker aint that bad either... the point is I had in mind to join discussions in thoughtful section for some time now but I focused all my spare time on NGE thread, Bleach one and Naruto... so now, when I was only 10 posts before 1000 I decided to spend some time there... smile.gif tongue.gif

Nonetheless I would never be able to keep up with some people here... biggrin.gif I know a guy who made almost 2000 posts in 4 months smile.gif tongue.gif I'll try not to write so much simultanously in the future smile.gif but again... 'berserker' tongue.gif lol nice idea tongue.gif
"For me, a friend is someone who would chase his own dream and wouldn't let himself be swallowed by mine... For me, a friend is a person equal to myself..."

#66 JunMisugi

JunMisugi

-書籍の恋人

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

Nonetheless I would never be able to keep up with some people here... biggrin.gif I know a guy who made almost 2000 posts in 4 months smile.gif tongue.gif I'll try not to write so much simultanously in the future smile.gif but again... 'berserker' tongue.gif lol nice idea tongue.gif
Hahaha oh yeah I know who you mean, I also just thought about this one laugh.gif , well he really sometime posts like a berserker tongue.gif , ah well but I don´t care about that he´s a funny guy biggrin.gif

Yeah you´re right, I haven´t know that you also like Captain Tsubasa laugh.gif

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

#67 hamasusuke

hamasusuke

-aniue

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts
  • Interests:gundams

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:07 PM

May I remind you guys that you guys are going a bit way off-topic here. If you wish to continue your discussion, do so via PM.
user posted image<--how long have I had this? Time for a change!
user posted image
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.
Don't forget to read the rules <--Addresses all new, old, and recent members
F.A.Q. Page<---- Trouble shoot and Support Section

#68 qrdel

qrdel

- OldTimer

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2051 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

yeah sorry for that... I'm off to delete my previous post... smile.gif

deleted smile.gif

#69 killorbekilled

killorbekilled

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

i only have like 7 posts and i'm a -chi(which im not to fond of dry.gif ), maybe cuz i spend a lot of time reading other people's posts wink.gif
user posted image
user posted image

#70 qrdel

qrdel

- OldTimer

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2051 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

like it was said before. Suffix does not only depend on number of posts you make. You're FTV member for over 2 months now, its only natural that system assigned you with -chi when you started posting...

#71 killorbekilled

killorbekilled

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (qrdel @ May 14 2007, 04:18 PM)
like it was said before. Suffix does not only depend on number of posts you make. You're FTV member for over 2 months now, its only natural that system assigned you with -chi when you started posting...

2 MONTHS blink.gif !!!! there must be a system error ohmy.gif ...i don't think I've been here that long wink.gif ......or have i unsure.gif ??....what the hell have i been doing sad.gif ???
user posted image
user posted image

#72 hamasusuke

hamasusuke

-aniue

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts
  • Interests:gundams

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:25 AM

-chi refers a newcomer, newcomer wink.gif .

Plus, you're here for over one month now.
user posted image<--how long have I had this? Time for a change!
user posted image
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.
Don't forget to read the rules <--Addresses all new, old, and recent members
F.A.Q. Page<---- Trouble shoot and Support Section

#73 killorbekilled

killorbekilled

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:50 AM

:| o, well...thanks for clarifying that for me smile.gif
user posted image
user posted image

#74 qrdel

qrdel

- OldTimer

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2051 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:24 AM

Geeezus, tell me... was I blind when checking his info or system really crashed and I've seen march... thouroughly sorry for that!!! <crying>

#75 scc

scc

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

For a technical description see Wikipedia Japanese_titles
From linked article -sama is a formal version of -san, also says used with people of higher rank
-dono mean lord, seems to imply some sort of feudal relationship.
Side note: saw in some Naruto translation -dono is used for Samurai

#76 adrastea

adrastea

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:19 PM

ok
thanks for the information. I was so happy when i discoverd that i had a suffix.

well i guess i'm happy with simple things.

#77 d'observer

d'observer

-Procrastination Expert

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:11 AM

No worries andrastea-san! wink.gif I used to be excited over the same thing too. wink.gif

If I'm not mistaken

-chi-->5 posts
-chan-->50 posts
-san-->150 posts
-dono(tono)-->500 posts
-sama-->1000 posts

Maybe the time you've been here also affected that,but I'm not sure of things.

and there's some alternate suffix,whether given by daft-sama,our FTV's Leader,OR a title picked by the members themselves.(this is limited to senior members only.)

#78 fyexchi

fyexchi
  • Kouhais
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Animes, manga, reading, shopping (but not for shoes..)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:38 AM

so... -chan=little girls
-kun=guys..
what would i be called...
(15 yr old girl)
And we'll gather these fragments of dreams for wings

#79 Nightdragon

Nightdragon

TSiF-Tearraven

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1239 posts
  • Interests:I bounce back and forth from FTV. Do I enjoy it? Very much so. Yet, life demands more than I can give at certain points and forces me to do the things I need more than the things I want.<br><br>I have made and crossed bridges here while burning others. In time, I hope everything can be fixed and made better. I just want to know this place is a home that I can return to whenever I need it.<br><br>As for my interests... I enjoy video games, computers, fixing electronics, playing the drums, hanging with friends, and working at my two jobs. Oh! And this place

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (fyexchi @ Jun 11 2007, 10:38 PM)
so... -chan=little girls
-kun=guys..
what would i be called...
(15 yr old girl)

chi or san should work just fine.... I think. I could be wrong though. blink.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#80 JunMisugi

JunMisugi

-書籍の恋人

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:05 PM

I would say -chan, since it sounds cute tongue.gif

Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users