[Oct 21, 2014] Episode Update Issues on Fansub TV

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid-Wolf

~ Azur Lane Hunter ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Not sure where to report this but it seems like most of the icons and whatnot on this site aren't showing up properly at all. Not sure if the server for it is down or what.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 21 2014, 07:35 AM) Not sure where to report this but it seems like most of the icons and whatnot on this site aren't showing up properly at all. Not sure if the server for it is down or what.

On Saturday the shared server used for FTV and MATV managed to blow its mainboard and hard drive. The impact for FTV is that the options db was lost. This is what is causing the images to fail and also the lack of anime updates. I think KM might have been running on there as well. We lost a lot of data, as the screenshots and DDLs were also on there. It will take time to fix, and we are both currently deciding what to do still.

I also noticed something was wrong in this site since last Saturday, so next day i was chatting with Maiku about that... I wasn't sure to mention it here but now that Wolfie did, I just hope that FTV survives the '3rd Impact' if Daft can fix it
tongue.gif

Well I PMed daft-sensei about it and pretty much my guess on Maiku-san's server dying like that was pretty much the cause of what's going on here. Granted there's going to be an overhaul from what I take of it, but I'm sure things will be fine in the next coming weeks or so.

The simple reason for that is one of the servers that Maiku-san was running kind of died on him. Also, that just so happened to of been the very server that hosted most of the FTV stuff here. So it was kind of a stroke of bad luck there if you ask me. Also, yes I talked to daft-sensei so I hope he'll be able to do something about it sometime soon.

Okay then which one was for the site's pictures here then Maiku-san? That's the one thing I'm kind of curious over. Also, I kind of assumed it was that one sever that you and daft-sensei share though.

To all Fansub TV users,

We are currently experiencing significant technical issues throughout the site. As many of you may have noticed in the past week, the main site has not updated since October 18, 2014 and this is due to one the main servers that Fansub TV uses to fetch new episodes has died. Please see the message below from Maiku_Ando for more details:

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando)On Saturday the shared server used for FTV and MATV managed to blow its mainboard and hard drive. The impact for FTV is that the options db was lost. This is what is causing the images to fail and also the lack of anime updates. I think KM might have been running on there as well. We lost a lot of data, as the screenshots and DDLs were also on there. It will take time to fix, and we are both currently deciding what to do still.

We do not have an ETA at the moment as to when full site functionality will be restored. In the mean time we would appreciate it if you do not ask when it will be restored as we are unsure of the full extent of the damage at the moment. Instead, we appreciate it if users of the site could help us compile a list of issues here that they are currently experiencing to keep us and others in the community aware of what is/isn't working.

The FTV team thanks you for your patience and we will continue to provide status updates when possible.

Based on what we are aware thus far:
  • Most episode and site images are down. This includes episode screenshots, the site's banners, the forum's custom formatting, etc...
  • Forum avatars and signatures are still operational if they are hosted on third-party sites (e.g. photobucket, imageshack, etc...)
  • Karaoke Monster looks like it is down and is most likely tied to this incident as well
  • Interactive/forum chat features are also down
  • Some DDL has been lost. We are not sure to what extent at this point (please post to help us gauge the damage)
Daft, Maiku, and other FTV Team members, please update/edit this post as necessary.

Does that include the icons that are on the forum alone with the emotocons as well. Pretty much all of the icons that are not am member's avy's or signature are pretty much down as of late.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 27 2014, 10:18 AM) Does that include the icons that are on the forum alone with the emotocons as well. Pretty much all of the icons that are not am member's avy's or signature are pretty much down as of late.
From my understanding at this time, yes, all emoticons, icons, and other images that are part of forum are down.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 28 2014, 06:09 AM) From my understanding at this time, yes, all emoticons, icons, and other images that are part of forum are down.
As far as I know, the forum *shouldn't * be affected by it, as those icons and avatars would be served from the main web server which is running fine. All ddls are down however.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Oct 28 2014, 11:26 AM) As far as I know, the forum *shouldn't * be affected by it, as those icons and avatars would be served from the main web server which is running fine. All ddls are down however.
Okay then what would be the reason as to why the forum's icons are down then. Heck even the FTV banner of Mikuru is not showing up either. Got any idea as to why it's like that Maiku-san.

I mean the only thing I can think of is that there could of be some coding between the two servers or something, but I'm not even sure if that's right at all though.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 28 2014, 06:46 PM) Okay then what would be the reason as to why the forum's icons are down then. Heck even the FTV banner of Mikuru is not showing up either. Got any idea as to why it's like that Maiku-san.

I mean the only thing I can think of is that there could of be some coding between the two servers or something, but I'm not even sure if that's right at all though.
We use a caching content delivery network infront of all the servers, this basically stores a temporary copy of things like images and text, when you load up a page, it sends that copy to you instead of getting it from ftv. This makes it faster, and these copies are in different places, again for speed. But this means that different people will go to a different copy.

These copies are deleted and remade from the ftv server after a certain time. Thats why some people like me get the site looking fine, but you don't. Some of the copies have already expired and been deleted. Eventually all of them will expire. This is totally automatic and we cannot prevent it. Sadly, we cannot easily get the copies back from it, but even if we could it would only be useful for the screenshots, and manually trying to download several thousand images is just not practical.

If you're seeing no icons or avatars, that would suggest these were being provided to the cache from the failed server. These should be on the main server as well, so in theory that's fixable. I stress in theory. But it could also mean that's one more thing we've lost.

Well the thing is when you clear out your browser's history and come to this site pretty much none of the icons show up. So pretty much ever since I cleared out my history and whatnot there are no icons on the forums site as well as the main site.

Save for the exception of user's avys and certain signatures.

Now comes the hard part, recoding the images back onto the site I take it, aside from the episodes of course.
tongue.gif

Oh and apparently the emotocons are back up and working I take it.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 21 2014, 04:02 PM) Well I PMed daft-sensei about it and pretty much my guess on Maiku-san's server dying like that was pretty much the cause of what's going on here. Granted there's going to be an overhaul from what I take of it, but I'm sure things will be fine in the next coming weeks or so.
Can you please stop saying its my server, I already explained its a shared server. I just happened to notice the post on here and replied first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back