30 replies to this topic

#1 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for digging me out of that little money hole. That bandwidth overage charge hit me like a ton of bricks. I was totally not expecting it but it wasn't as bad when I realized that I could ask for a few donations.

The amount of support that the site receives is pretty amazing. I thank you all.

crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#2 Nightdragon

Nightdragon

TSiF-Tearraven

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1239 posts
  • Interests:I bounce back and forth from FTV. Do I enjoy it? Very much so. Yet, life demands more than I can give at certain points and forces me to do the things I need more than the things I want.<br><br>I have made and crossed bridges here while burning others. In time, I hope everything can be fixed and made better. I just want to know this place is a home that I can return to whenever I need it.<br><br>As for my interests... I enjoy video games, computers, fixing electronics, playing the drums, hanging with friends, and working at my two jobs. Oh! And this place

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:14 AM

I would donate if i could but my parents don't think it is worth it... Oh well, glad that the donations from other people helped
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#3 hamasusuke

hamasusuke

-aniue

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts
  • Interests:gundams

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:02 AM

yeah i didn't expect that this month would go smooth. But, wow, even with all the downsides, there's like a higher proportion of upsides. Looking at this now, i think FTV will last longer than the next-gen anime series and such. I'm really feeling proud of the server, although i can't participate in the fundings except for ad-clicks and all. wow. more importantly, i'm proud of the people committed onto helping out FTV however they can. daft, make sure FTV will stay up, and we'll handle the rest!
user posted image<--how long have I had this? Time for a change!
user posted image
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.
Don't forget to read the rules <--Addresses all new, old, and recent members
F.A.Q. Page<---- Trouble shoot and Support Section

#4 tanthalis

tanthalis

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:28 AM

I'd help with donations too, but like everyone else, I'm short of cash. Still I click the ads when I see them (V) . I'd like to thank everyne who has been helping the site.

This site isn't just about getting good anime, it's about having a good community of people, willing to help out and support the others.

There I go again sounding cheesy ^^;;

Well to sum it all up, thanks to everyone who donates, whether big, small, or just by clicking the ads! Every little bit adds up!
user posted image
Thanks DoR! It looks cool! :D
Leader of ©DDD!

#5 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1959 posts
  • Location:Kami, Hyougo, Japan in the summer and Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan in the winter.
  • Interests:I'm trying to find some new unlicensed anime to add to my collection. I love anime and manga and can't get enough of it, plus I'm flexible, and will watch almost anything.<br><br>Promoted to the Sempai level on January 31, 2007.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:11 AM

w00t for getting over $1000 on the donations. And even though it wasn't much, I donated $5 since my PayPal account only had $5 left in it.

Eh, I'm just glad this site has enough funds to stay in business. happy.gif
Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

#6 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:02 PM

Every little bit counts. I just donated as well and plan to donate again at the end of the month.

This site means a great deal to anime fans all over.
user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

#7 wceend

wceend

-Spama Sosei

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2223 posts
  • Interests:Previously inactive, Back in action!<br>English Major at Utrecht University.<br>Games/Anime/Ladies/Reading

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Apr 15 2006, 04:43 AM)
I would donate if i could but my parents don't think it is worth it... Oh well, glad that the donations from other people helped

me too.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Katawa shoujo. Lifechanging stuff, dude. also, free. Google it.

"What is the colour of Night?"
Sanguine, my Brother".

"What is Life's greatest Illusion?
Innocence, my Brother".

"What is the Music of Life?
Silence, my Brother".

#8 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Apr 19 2006, 09:40 PM)
w00t for getting over $1000 on the donations. And even though it wasn't much, I donated $5 since my PayPal account only had $5 left in it.

Eh, I'm just glad this site has enough funds to stay in business. happy.gif

I would like to make a small correction. The visitor generated funding isn't all from donations. A significant amount of it comes from advertising revenue.

crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#9 Void Zero

Void Zero

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Swordsmanship, anime (could u guess? ;) ), peeping nice girls who are watching ecchi anime XD

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

Daft, simply we couldn't let anything to happen to our favourite site wink.gif It sounds childish, but it's true! We couldn't waste all the efforts that u put in FTV, so consider this as a token of gratitude! never leave us, Daft! wink.gif cool.gif
user posted image
Incessantly looking for the girl of my life...
Proud (personality shifter) member of the SOS-Brigade 2
Noshi-sama's multi-purpose swordsman
Demogog's Home Server
MSN contact: [email protected] -> Add me freely, if u want to ;)

#10 xhale

xhale

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

I just opened a couple of windows, and I'm trying to figure out of it was Shinsen, YHBT or Fansub.tv that threw the popup Clicksor ad at me. I'm hoping it was YHBT or Shinsen, because I -haven't- donated there.

Anyway, this site is an awesome resource and I hope it stays successful for a long time.

#11 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (xhale @ Apr 21 2006, 07:26 PM)
I just opened a couple of windows, and I'm trying to figure out of it was Shinsen, YHBT or Fansub.tv that threw the popup Clicksor ad at me. I'm hoping it was YHBT or Shinsen, because I -haven't- donated there.

Anyway, this site is an awesome resource and I hope it stays successful for a long time.

crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#12 Nicksi

Nicksi

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:44 PM

If you need helping out again just give another warning because that last one scared me into donating tongue.gif
My uni connection won't let me use torrents and this site has been a saviour these past few months!

Keep up the good work smile.gif

#13 chop_stick

chop_stick

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:35 AM

wow some people got fatestay night pictures
well im to young to donate? blink.gif

#14 gmikemckenzie

gmikemckenzie

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:http://www.fansub.tv/watchlist.php/

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

I'm reading all the posts from all the kids that want to help but don't have credit cards. The thought occurs, if you post an adress, evenifit's just a po box, we could send a check or money order to. I mean (4 million hits?) if 10% sent just $1.00 a month.... all your troubles are over right?
user posted image Well, that's just what I think.

#15 hamasusuke

hamasusuke

-aniue

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:50 PM

It isn't all that easy. Some people stop by just to look at anime infos or download animes for themselves. Some people also live in different areas of the world.
user posted image

#16 Bold

Bold

-kenja sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (gmikemckenzie @ May 10 2006, 08:14 PM)
we could send a check or money order to.

Lets say you live in the US (like daft) what are you supposed to do with a paraguay money order? There are no postal office that are going to accpet that. Checks are also troublesome because you need to take into account the processing fews, the changing fees and the fact it is drawed from a foreign bank.

Remember that with checks, the person getting it will be responsible to pay conversion fees. So a 1$ check if there is a 2$ minimum brokers fees is hardly worth it. With credit cards, its the person making the purchasing that is responsible for the conversion fees. So its a lot less trouble for Daft.
Follow your dreams, Never give up, Never be afraid,
Always remember, Fortune favors the bolds!

---
You like FTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)
---

Proud developer of the AB Syndicate
user posted image

#17 gmikemckenzie

gmikemckenzie

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:http://www.fansub.tv/watchlist.php/

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Bold @ May 11 2006, 09:50 PM)
Lets say you live in the US (like daft) what are you supposed to do with a paraguay money order? There are no postal office that are going to accpet that. Checks are also troublesome because you need to take into account the processing fews, the changing fees and the fact it is drawed from a foreign bank.

Remember that with checks, the person getting it will be responsible to pay conversion fees. So a 1$ check if there is a 2$ minimum brokers fees is hardly worth it. With credit cards, its the person making the purchasing that is responsible for the conversion fees. So its a lot less trouble for Daft.

You might be right but, the sight had a couple million hits? even if you could only use 1/2 the checks that arrived.... still adds up to real money. I know we're all told never send cash, but if I'm only sending a buck then mabe you put with all the others and take in a stack.... Just a thought.

I'm 38 and I don't do online credit cards.... ever. just for the record I would send more than a buck.
user posted image Well, that's just what I think.

#18 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts
  • Interests:Likes: dramas, yaoi manga, kpop, jpop, collecting doujinshi, cooking and baking, anything cute, trying (and failing!) to learn Asian languages

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:34 PM

People who use this site will grow older and get cards though, so they'll be able to donate then.

I agree online credit card use isn't my first choice (don't trust Best Buy Canada with your number) but I'd do it as a one-time thing for this site if I had one.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

#19 Daedroth

Daedroth

-oni

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1624 posts
  • Interests:Anime ^^

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

I buy all of my stuff online tongue.gif
Got no problem with using my card online. Guess I should donate some too as I allready have a paypal account I use for my national-anime subscription tongue.gif
user posted image

#20 hamasusuke

hamasusuke

-aniue

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

I can start donating once i cleared my job @ school for my hourly requirement, then open up a bank account and paypal account by the time i'm 17.
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users