Ore Monogatari!!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: My Love Story!!
Japanese: 俺物語!!
Airing date: 8/4/2015 (TV series 24 episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo
Original creator: Kazune Kawahara
Original character designer: Aruko
Director: Morio Asaka
Written by: Natsuko Takahashi
Music by: S.E.N.S. Project
Character designer: Kunihiko Hamada
Studio: Madhouse
Network: NTV, TVA, BS Nittele, MMT, SDT, RNB, TSB, Nittele Plus, HTV
Opening theme: "Miraikei Answer (未来形Answer / Future-Tense Anwer)" by TRUSTRICK
Ending theme: "Shiawase no Arika (幸せのありか / Where Happiness Lies)" by LOCAL CONNECT

Main cast: Takeo Gōda (剛田 猛男) voiced by Takuya Eguchi
Rinko Yamato (大和 凛子) voiced by Megumi Han
Makoto Sunakawa (砂川 誠) voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki
Ai Sunakawa (砂川 愛) voiced by Kikuko Inoue

Mariya Saijō (西城 まりや) voiced by Rena Maeda
Yukika Amami (天海 悠紀華) voiced by Ai Kayano
Nanako (奈々子) voiced by Rina Kitagawa
Hayato Oda (織田 隼人) voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
Osamu Kurihara (栗原 オサム) voiced by Junya Enoki
CM & PVs:
Yuriko Gōda (剛田 ゆり子)
voiced by Kazuyo Aoki
Yutaka Gōda (剛田 豊) voiced by Tesshô Genda
Supporting cast: Ayu (アユ)
Official website:
http://www.anime-ore.jp/

Synopsis: Gouda Takeo is a freshman in high school. (Both estimates) Weight: 120kg, Height: 2 meters. He spends his days peacefully with his super-popular-with-girls, yet insensitive childhood friend, Sunakawa. One morning, on the train to school, Takeo saves a girl, Yamato, from being molested by a pervert. Could this be the beginning of spring for Takeo?

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 31 2015, 05:13 PM)I can see the flaws from a mile away. DBZ like pacing, unrealistic portrayal of the sport of cycling and contrived melodrama etc etc etc. But none of it matters. Why? Because this anime has something most animes lack.

HEART

A very satisfying series. I cannot isolate what gives this show 'heart' if that's what you're looking, I suggest you to try this other overlooked series
smile.gif

OMG!! I AM Takeo Goda!!!!!
(Minus the height, strength, intimidating aura...)

This is one of those animes that I think POPULAR people will pan, but speaks to those of us who were always "The wing-man" that got the friend of the really hot girl our buddy was being chased by. And if a girl actually DID like you, you were SO conditioned to not get your hopes up that you'd miss the most BLATANT signals, not because you're "clueless" like many harem anime/manga main characters, but because there is ALWAYS that sickening, sobering voice in the back of your mind that tells you "Don't dare hope! You'll only end up disappointed..."

I personally am taking a stand and stating right here and now that this will likely be my FAVORITE anime of the season. And I LOVE "Yahari Oreno Seishun LoveComewa Machigatteiru.Zoku".

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 11 2015, 5:19 PM)I personally am taking a stand and stating right here and now that this will likely be my FAVORITE anime of the season. And I LOVE "Yahari Oreno Seishun LoveComewa Machigatteiri'm not considering it AOTS yet ;/ but now that i see ep'2, definitely best Spring romcom so far because IMHO Oregairu... is more than that genre so if i were to compare, Oremono feels like Chihayafull without karuta and more romance
happy.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 15 2015, 02:00 PM) i'm not considering it AOTS yet ;/ but now that i see ep'2, definitely best Spring romcom so far because IMHO Oregairu... is more than that genre so if i were to compare, Oremono feels like Chihayafull without karuta and more romance
happy.gif

The power of MOE compels you!

.....to toss a 1-ton steel beam!  
biggrin.gif

Heartbreak - "At least she'll be okay."  "That's all...that matters, right?"

Moe - [Red-Faced from straining]  "I'm... actually.... pretty strong."

Indirect praise quote of the day - "Careful!  If this had fallen on anyone else, they'd be dead!"

Unexpected fact or first blatant lie - Suna likes girls as much as any other guy.  I fully expected this to take a BL turn once Takeo and Yamato got on the same page.  Suna suddenly realizes that he "doesn't like it", and starts to act weird because he's secretly jealous of Yamato.

Development most likely to piss me off - Suna starts to develop feelings for Yamato because she isn't shallow and pursuing him for his looks.  Or even pursuing him at all.

Dude. Is this show going to make me want to cry for Takeo EVERY eipsode? He needs a break or I'm going to start grinding my ink to write my first ever hate-mail!

I feel for the guy SO much. It's actually painful to watch. I like the story, but it can't keep this pacing and expect to keep an audience. Popular people won't be able to relate, and those of us like me don't want to see such a good guy constantly getting the short end of the stick EVEN WHEN HE WINS!

I hope the next meeting goes better. But she's SO good and pure, that my jaded side keeps screaming that she's part of some eaborate gag or someting just to mess with Takeo. Which would make whoever the orchestrator(s) is/are the enemy of ALL MANKIND in my book. [Consequently they would HAVE to be destroyed utterly, and without leaving any residual evidence of their ever having walked this Earth.]

So, without further adeui:

Gouda Takeo - Purer than snow Hercules-san

Sunakawa Makoto - BORED Adonis-Kun (Not to be confused with Oreigo's "plain" Adonis-Kun)

Yamato Rinka - Snow White-Chan All that's missing is the little singing birdies following her everywhere she goes.

And to end with the insult of the day: "Bunta-Gorilla"

nice....
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 15 2015, 4:32 PM)of the day: "Bunta-Gorillalol Heracles-san missed the chance to counter it, he could tell Bore-donis a nick like Bromance-bishonen so overall... I agree with you! at last both confess their feelings in ep.3 (Extra Ridiculously Cute-chan first, Snow couple tomorrow)
happy.gif

This show is SO unfair! How dare they make me want to cry almost every episode. Yup, I misted-up a bit following the 2nd rescue... So tragic to value life so greatly and deeply, yet not recognize one's own worth.

Happy ending overall, but I keep getting a nauseating feeling that the other shoe is about to drop....

Bad meeting with parents, or the like to try and tear them apart.

Also hoping that Suna's ("Bore-Donis" - Nice one Necro!) comment wasn't foreshadowing some sinister reveal about himself.

Oh, and the Michael Bay-worthy action scene with Hercules-San bursting through the window while on fire, just before the explosion?
TOTAL BAD-@SS!!!! (That scene might just have to become a new animated GIF avatar!) Too bad they had to ruin the flow with the burnt afro and strategic holes in the clothes comedy bit immediately aftrwards. Hercules-kun deserved to have some serious "hero aura" after this episode.

And people seem to have it wrong. It's not his physical feats that demonstrate how insanely strong he is, it's examples like how he dealt with the friends, and how he spoke to Yamato when he caught her that truly makes him a SUPER-MAN. I half-expect Fairytail's Elfman to jump out yelling his trademark: "THAT'S A MAN!" each episode.
laugh.gif

Smiling like a baby after just one episode.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 29 2015, 03:48 PM)I keep getting a nauseating feeling that the other shoe is about to drop....

Bad meeting with parents, or the like to try and tear them apart.

Also hoping that Suna's ("Bore-Donis" - Nice one Necro!) comment wasn't foreshadowing some sinister reveal about himself.

Oh, and the Michael Bay-worthy action scene with Hercules-San bursting through the window while on fire, just before the explosion?
TOTAL BAD-@SS!!!! (That scene might just have to become a new animated GIF avatar!) Too bad they had to ruin the flow with the burnt afro and strategic holes in the clothes comedy bit immediately aftrwards. again thnx ;p a love rival in ep.5! imagine his cosplayer doing that action scene:

blink.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 06 2015, 02:00 PM)again thnx ;p a love rival in ep.5! imagine his cosplayer doing that action scene:

blink.gif

I guess I don't understand Japanese standards of "Handsome"....

I mean, yeah, the guy looks pretty close to the drawing/animation his character is based on, but silly face aside, I would say that he's definitely better-looking than spikey-haired Elmo-shonen (was supposed to be EMO-shonen but the iPad autocorrected, and it looked funnier.
laugh.gif

And..... The other shoe drops. What is her secret? She's weeks/days away from moving? She's really a boy? She's got a terminal disease? I'm SO pissed.

Oh, and his reaction when Bore-donis' sister, "passive-aggressive-oneechan" suggested that she might have something hidden from him that she can't tell her boyfriend?

MAN!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ May 07 2015, 08:01 AM)I guess I don't understand Japanese standards of "Handsome"....

I mean, yeah, the guy looks pretty close to the drawing/animation his character is based on, but silly face aside, I would say that he's definitely better-looking than spikey-haired Elmo-shonen (was supposed to be EMO-shonen but the iPad autocorrected, and it looked funnier.
laugh.gif

And..... The other shoe drops. What is her secret? She's weeks/days away from moving? She's really a boy? She's got a terminal disease? I'm SO pissxD nothing SO serious, Not as Pure as Snow-chan just told her desires in ep.6...
I wonder if your iPad knows Elmo's parody, also if Emonis liked the Hercukiss
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 13 2015, 03:00 PM)xD nothing SO serious, Not as Pure as Snow-chan just told her desires in ep.6...
I wonder if your iPad knows Elmo's parody, also if Emonis liked the Hercukiss
tongue.gif

Awesome "Elmo" find Necro!

Now this is probably the fastest I have ever gone on here to write about an episode after watching... But I HAD to comment right away!

This is without a doubt the LOUDEST I have laughed out loud in 2015!

The saran-wrap scene had just SO MANY levels of WRONG to it.... My wife even asked me what the heck I was laughing at from the next room over!

Not as much focus on how much of a MAN Heracles-San is, but still super-saccharin sweet moments galore. Any more and I'm going to need to start taking insulin shots! SO CUTE!

Yamato has a libido! Awesome! She just graduated to Goddess status in my book. Pure and chaste is great in theory, but if you get the whole package, then BANZAI-BANZAI-BAAAAAAAAAANZAAAAAAIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!

Felt a little bad for Passive-aggressive Nee-San, but I think that it will turn out for the best. Just like a character in another manga I love said, I know that I'll not be chosen to be his girlfriend, and I'm okay with that. Instead, I'm going to aim for the greater goal of WIFE!
biggrin.gif
(Ero-mine-kun has a serious harem problem ahead of him....)

I only have one question after seeing the last episode.....did he kiss him or did Takeo get kicked in the balls, so that Suna can escape??

This series is an absolute joy to watch, it's a great rom-com but I do need to watch a more serious romantic drama to balance all the comedies I've been watching lately.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ May 13 2015, 07:45 PM)Awesome! She just graduated to Goddess status in my book. Pure and chaste is great in theory, but if you get the whole package, then BANZAI-BANZAI-BAAAAAAAAAANZAAAAAAIIno wonder why Neesan retreated ;p still, Rinko is far from Chestia's Banzai level
glad to see its review aired yesterday, about ep.7 should Sports be in genres?
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 17 2015, 06:16 AM) I only have one question after seeing the last episode.....did he kiss him or did Takeo get kicked in the balls, so that Suna can escape??

This series is an absolute joy to watch, it's a great rom-com but I do need to watch a more serious romantic drama to balance all the comedies I've been watching lately.
Now now, dont pretend you didnt hear Suna's scream on Dolby Surround
tongue.gif

But for purity/chastity's sake, lets pretend -.-

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jun 27 2015, 9:21 PM)chastity's sake, lets pretend -.-At least until we see him attracted to girls xD I'm still enjoying this series, even with a bit too much RinkoxTakeo lately... Ok they're protas but ep'13 got better for me, will the new Joydonis hypnotize Boredonis' Sis to confess her feelings?
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 10 2015, 06:00 PM)-My Love Story!! was amazing and incredibly adorable. It's hard not to love the characters from the very start.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jun 25 2015, 12:17 PM)has been comedy genius at parts and is always good for a laugh. Though the sugary sweet romance at times does get to be too much. The recent beach episode was an absolute riotI must agree (Valentine's day was more sugary), but previous eps were great like NanakoxOsamu or Takeo's newborn sis... with ep.20 cliffhanger its final arc about the last new girl of this cast starts, i'm hoping YukikaxSuna will 'click' tomorrow
biggrin.gif

My Love Story!! movie, lots of 'Suki Daa!' now in live-action while waiting for S2

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ May 13 2015, 06:45 PM)This is without a doubt the LOUDEST I have laughed out loud in 2015!

The saran-wrap scene had just SO MANY levels of WRONG to it.... My wife even asked me what the heck I was laughing at from the next room over!

Not as much focus on how much of a MAN Heracles-San is, but still super-saccharin sweet moments galore. Any more and I'm going to need to start taking insulin shots! SO CUTE!
QUOTE (Klyern @ Jun 27 2015, 08:21 PM)dont pretend you didnt hear Suna's scream on Dolby Surround
tongue.gif
finally today! changed too Much how Rinko and Takeo met, but overall i like it
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back