Summer Season 2015 Line-Up & predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
(OVAs/films next month)
- my must see: 1. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! (so after UBW 2) ^^
2. Working!!" (finally! S3 took longer than inbetween 1 and 2 so I can't wait) xD
- hopefully better than previous season: 3. Miss Monochrome s2 (eh really?) o.0
4. The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls S2 (the other idols need more screentime) ;p
- could be good telling by the studio: 5. Ushio and Tora (a remake by Mappa) :0
6. God Eater (well i liked many adaptations from Ufotable so i'll give it a try) ¬¬
- not expecting much: 7. Rokka no Yuusha (lol from the studio of Rail Wars)
laugh.gif

So Haruhi had endless 8, Gintama now has endless 1? lol

Version 2.0
QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 14 2015,6:12 PM)Gintama now has endless 1? lolI haven't finished previous season yet so i can understand their lack of interest, if others aren't discussing because its current series still continues in summer
tongue.gif

Version 3.0
QUOTE (gdpetti @ May 07 2015, 09:22 PM)How was 'Marnie'?considering that they'll make Tv anime from now on Ghibli should stick to films, i think Marnie isn't their best or worst movie but better than Ronja CG series
sleep.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 26 2015, 03:00 AM)considering that they'll make Tv anime from now on Ghibli should stick to films, i think Marnie isn't their best or worst movie but better than Ronja CG seriesI already commented about Ghibli since the last retirement notice of Miyazaki which was: Goodbye Studio Ghibli + a ton of explaining and all but I'll skip that.

Now let me pick a few shows I'm going to try this summer...
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Historical Why not).
Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Sen'eki (I seriously have no idea what it is about)
Himouto! Umaru-chan (haha still enjoying the manga)
Jitsu wa Watashi wa (Please don't be like Denpa! Kyoshi)
Joukamachi no Dandelion (Heard about this one 2years ago...interested)
Non Non Biyori Repeat (Slice of life as it can be)
Overlord (Oh PLEASE give me!!!)
Rokka no Yuusha (Animation probably need to get used to... and hope for a good story line)
And as last... Working!!! (Been waiting 3,5 years for this)

Aside from stuff such as Working!!! & Non Non Biyori. I have been struggling to much with the choice of Voice actors... Since I'm pretty sure 5/6 will fall off my list at the end. (Hope not)

Version 4.0
QUOTE (Masich @ May 26 2015,5:08 AM)Aside from stuff such as Working!!! & Non Non Biyori. I have been struggling to much with the choice of Voice actors... Since I'm pretty sure 5/6 will fall off my list at the end.Denpa Kyoushi and some other series aren't that bad if you get used to VAs so, I'll check your final and half-way reviews about it along a few you're watching
smile.gif

whelp i didnt realise i posted last time in the wrong summary, summer looks nice, so much to comment on it makes my head blow up.

Symphogear is always welcome, i think its the most epic mahou shoujo show to date, and im a fan of the genre so i guess that says something.

Jitsuwa watashi wa, given the quality of the characters and the artist's style that one was to be expected. and i read it was being animated too, so its doubly not a surprise.

Okusama wa Seito Kaichou? never heard of it but the title sounds whack, so im looking forward to it.

Prison School's adaptation was to be expected given its decent quality and the censorship degree as of late, you know, the more you push... same for Shimoseka (never heard of it tou)

Overlord, i've read it, its good and it deserves an adaptation even if its not as old as other series that are still waiting for one.

Non non Biyori repeat? didnt expect to see that again, always welcome in my book tou.

I thought i read something about a god eater anime adaptation ages ago but didn't expect it now. Same for Fate Kaleid.

Finally, monmusu, damn, finally. I know it was announced but awesome series is awesome! Cheers!

And there is more, but i dont want to bury this thread in my writting until it reaches geo-fortress level.

Yes. New season! Nothing really interesting last season and I'm definitely sick of not having any anime to watch
sad.gif

Excited for Working!!! (three exclamation points to indicate season 3?) and fingers crossed for better shows this season.

IS there something wrong with Crunchyroll's site? I haven't been able to get on for the past 2 weeks.
blink.gif

Version 5.0
QUOTE (Klyern @ Jun 01 2015, 01:46 AM)I thought i read something about a god eater anime adaptation ages ago but didn't expect it now. Same for Fate Kaleid.
QUOTE (samthebear @ Jun 01 2015, 01:58 AM)Excited for Working!!! (three exclamation points to indicate season 3?) andoriginally S1 title has 2 !s and S2 a dash, so i bet it'll licensed as Wagnaria!!3... about Fate/kaleid if it got 2 cours already, why not to expect a 3rd confirmed?
tongue.gif

So Working! get's a third season after all this time. Monster Musume is getting an anime..... I wonder how far that one will go. I hope to see it go up to a certain chapter from the manga here.
tongue.gif

Most things seem rather boring or done before it seems, but a few are catching my eye aside from the second+ seasons though.
biggrin.gif

Are you old? I feel old. A few months ago I was cleaning out the room I grew up in. I found my old beyblades (Dragoon and Griffith) and my old Yugioh deck. It was such a big deal when I got swords of revealing light and casually used it in a match against my friends. Dem were the days. Back then I was short and fat and genuinely didnt give a f*ck. Now, im tall..quite built and fashion/health conscious. I am everything my younger self wouldnt want to be and it makes me feel sad.

The only great thing about getting old is the feeling of nostalgia. So I am very happy that Dragonball and Digimon are coming back this year. Two very influential shows during my childhood. Regardless of whether they were good or not, the great thing about nostalgia is that it doesnt matter. Particularly in Digimon's case it is great to see the love come pouring out for the original cast. When that airs, it is gonna be a pure blast of nostalgia and better yet no cynical drama bullsh!t of Summer Wars.

But why stop there? BRING IT ALL BACK! Are Tyson and Kai still fighting. Is Yami gone for good and how did Yugi fare without him. Bring it all back! And Hey Arnold! for that matter.

So has anyone seen the new Gatchaman yet? theres no thread so i thought i'd post my impression here and ask what everyone thought about it.

First of all, it doesnt look like gatchaman, it felt a bit discusting at first (i still dont like it), but the more i kept watching it the more i realised its definitely gatchaman in a way.
When gatchaman came out having all the hero cast dress up as white birds with transparent plastic visors and wings.. it was sort of full of glamour lol, much more "abnormal" than other zentai hero shows... so in that respect the new gatchaman is identical, its what you would call daring in this day and age, having a lot of "cool okama" characters and all the heroes dress like some overblown internet avatar, its probably the modern day version of what the gatchaman suits represented back then (unrestrained glamour?? who knows, i dont like them honestly
tongue.gif
).

So im not going to bash the new gatchaman or support it, instead i'd rather steer clear of it and let other people enjoy it.

Also, as a footnote, it might be a coincidence or maybe (since we have a lot of tourism from japan) someone reflected a bit of reality on the anime, but over here in Argentina the congressmen decided it was ok for minors to vote, so they made it optional for 16 and older minors to vote (i usually don't involve myself in politics but i don't think that is responsible, specially given how we have a long history of candidates buying votes). Maybe someone heard of it and decided to use it in fiction.

So, I picked up Gate as my afterthought pickup, and just finished watching it and Symphogear GX's pilots.

Gate seems pretty nifty. I'm impressed that the protagonist is both adult and real military and bloodily kills an enemy with its own sword in the first few minutes. I've seen others call it a darker, more mature version of the Outbreak company scenario. (Since it ends up in an actual war.) The show also got a big kudo for their accurate depiction of mobile gaming - The hero runs in, and without getting to lay a finger on his enemies, found he couldn't actually move his character because he was out of energy for the day. (Yeah, fuck you, F2P gaming.)

Symphogear is so ridiculous as always. In the first 6 minutes of the new season they gave a mountain a haircut and Hibiki suplexed a crashing space shuttle. The fine tradition of up to eleven is still strong. Seems like the new villains this time around are some kind of odd mariachi themed automata and an angry alchemist of some sort rather than the usual rainbow geometry monsters. The usual insert song for the pilot ep kind of surprised me for a weird reason- Tsubasa's stage outfit made her look like the protagonist from Kampfr, I thought.

Still waiting for Shirayuki ga akagami.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jun 29 2015, 10:07 AM) Are you old? I feel old. A few months ago I was cleaning out the room I grew up in. I found my old beyblades (Dragoon and Griffith) and my old Yugioh deck.
No one can escape that feeling, its the bigger ones that you dont expect to fade out of memory which make you feel old like that.

I never expected beyblade or digimon to grow so out of fad, nor did i expect the pokemon card trading game to crash so soon.

I can still see my piles of cards when i turn back and look at my old desk, bunch of trash i never quite got to throw away xD

lots of first edition holos, now can't sell them all together for even a dollar.

Final version
QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 06 2015, 03:47 AM)Symphogear is so ridiculous as always. In the first 6 minutes of the new season they gave a mountain a haircut and Hibiki suplexed a crashing space shuttle. The fine tradition of up to eleven is still strong. Seems like the new villains this time around are some kind of odd mariachi themed automata and an angry alchemist of some sort rather than the usual rainbow geometry monsters. The usual insert song for the pilot ep kind of surprised me for a weird reason- Tsubasa's stage outfit made her look like the protagonist from Kampfr, I thought.

Still waiting for Shirayuki ga akagami.
QUOTE (Klyern @ Jul 05 2015, 07:04 AM)So has anyone seen the new Gatchaman yet? theres no thread so i thought i'd post my impression here and ask what everyone thoughtthere are topics about Gatchaman Crowds and Symphogear but i dropped both, still I'll keep watching Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and a new DB series Super
tongue.gif

Ok, no separate topic on this isn't a surprise, but I'm watching it now, just 13 ep season, but it's rather well done docudrama/comedy of the VA industry as pertains mostly to young seiyuu's just starting out... gives a background look at those involved in the various aspects of the craft; rather well done I think in typical anime style... based on manga written by a seiyuu herself. They should do something like this for every other craft/industry for students or anyone interested in going into that industry... nice way to learn about it.... makes the learning process more interesting, if not entertaining, like in elementary school when songs are used to teach the alphabet or state capitals or whatever.

Oops! forget to mention the title: Sore Ga Seiyuu! or Seiyu's Life.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back