Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Titles: Children of the Whales (Whale Calves Sing on the Sand)
Japanese: クジラの子らは砂上に歌う
Airing date: 8/10/2017 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Drama, Mystery, Shoujo
Original creator: Abi Umeda
Director: Kyōhei Ishiguro
Written by: Michiko Yokote
Music by: Hiroaki Tsutsumi
Character designer: Haruko Iizuka
Art director: Toshiharu Mizutani (Moon Flower)
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Director of photography: Yoshio Ōkōchi
Color design by: Miyuki Ishida
Key animation by: Masaharu Morinaka and Motoki Yagi (ep 4)
Editing by: Masahiro Goto (REAL-T)
Studio: J.C.Staff
Network: Tokyo MX, SUN, KBS, BS11
Opening theme: "Sono Saki (その未来)" by RIRIKO
Ending theme: "Hashidairo (ハシタイロ)" by rionos

Main cast: Chakuro (チャクロ) voiced by Natsuki Hanae (JP) and Johnny Yong Bosch (EN)
Lykos (リコス) voiced by Manaka Iwami (JP) and Melissa Fahn (EN)
Mud Whale: Ōni (オウニ) voiced by Yuichiro Umehara (JP) and Todd Haberkorn (EN)
Suō (スオウ) voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki (JP) and Bryce Papenbrook (EN)
Sami (サミ) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto (JP) and Christine Marie Cabanos (EN)
Ginshu (ギンシュ) voiced by Mikako Komatsu (JP) and Reba Buhr (EN)
Shuan (シュアン) voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya (JP) and Douglas Cavum (EN)
Nibi (ニビ) voiced by Atsushi Tamaru (JP), Ayaka Suwa (young) and Kyle McCarley (EN)
Neri (ネリ) voiced by Ai Kakuma (JP) and Cassandra Morris (EN)

Ema (エマ) voiced by Ai Kakuma (JP) and Cassandra Morris (EN)
Empire: Ryodari (リョダリ) voiced by Daiki Yamashita (JP) and Griffin Burns (EN)
Orca (オルカ) voiced by Akira Ishida (JP) and Kyle McCarley (EN)
Rochalízo No Amonlogia (ロハリト・ノ・アモンロギア) voiced by KENN
Araphne (アラフニ) voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa
Pagoni (パゴニ) voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi
Itia (イティア) voiced by Lynn
Hasmulito (ハスムリト) voiced by Yuka Nukui
Ganva (ガンヴァ) voiced by Ryūnosuke Watanuki

Supporting cast: Masō (マソオ) voiced by Yasuaki Takumi (JP) and Tony Azzolino (EN)
Rō (ロウ) voiced by Shinsuke Sugawara (JP) and Jason Palmer (EN)
Nezu (ネズ) voiced by Mutsumi Tamura (JP) and Ben Pronsky (EN)
Mayor Taisha (タイシャ) voiced by Aya Hisakawa (JP) and Anne Yatco (EN)
Kuchiba (クチバ) voiced by Kōsuke Toriumi (JP) and Doug Erholtz (EN)
Shinono (シノノ) voiced by Ikumi Hayama
Flano (フラノ) voiced by Ryōko Maekawa
Kanae (カナエ) voiced by Yuka Nukui
Rasha (ラシャ) voiced by Mari Yokō
Hakuji (ハクジ) voiced by Eizō Tsuda (JP) and Keith Silverstein (EN)
Byakuroku (ビャクロク) voiced by Kyle McCarley (EN)
Kicha (キチャ) voiced by Ayaka Asai (JP) and Cristina Vee (EN)
Tobi (トビ) voiced by Makoto Furukawa (JP) and Brian Beacock (EN)

Synopsis: Chakuro is the 14-year-old archivist of the Mud Whale, a nigh-utopian island that floats across the surface of an endless sea of sand. Nine in ten of the inhabitants of the Mud Whale have been blessed and cursed with the ability to use saimia, special powers that doom them to an early death. Chakuro and his friends have stumbled across other islands, but they have never met, seen, or even heard of a human who wasn't from their own. One day, Chakuro visits an island as large as the Mud Whale and meets a girl who will change his destiny.

Norren said:
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau: This one looks interesting, waiting for first ep subs. :(
this series isn't simulcasted and fansubs took long, but it was worth the wait :)

Norren said:
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau: This one looks interesting, waiting for first ep subs. :(
Okay, KujiSuna might be the best anime this season, and it's in for a real cage match with Mahoutsukai no Yome and Net-juu no Susume for that title.

I glanced at the 6 translated chapters of the Manga after the cliffhanger at the end of ep 2, the artwork on both amazed me, especially how well suited all the watercolor background work is to the art. Must learn how to do that effect~

Norren said:
Okay, KujiSuna might be the best anime this season, and it's in for a real cage match with Mahoutsukai no Yome and Net-juu no Susume for that title.

I glanced at the 6 translated chapters of the Manga after the cliffhanger at the end of ep 2, the artwork on both amazed me, especially how well suited all the watercolor background work is to the art. Must learn how to do that effect~
also ep.3 just gave me a Shin Sekai Yori vibe, postapocalyptic TV series i wasn't sure on watching at first 5'years ago... From relaxing bits like the locust swarm to sudden tragedies, still AOTS candidate so far! about its art see I-N review :d

Norren said:
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (KujiSuna) is in a three way cage match with Mahoutsukai no Yome and Net-juu no Susume for my favorite of the season slot. Each is strong in different ways- KujiSuna's got the art, Mahoutsukai no Yome isn't very far behind and has the beautiful fairy tale to go with it, and the art for Net-juu no Susume isn't amazing, but the story is the song of my people.
agreed with ep.5 is next of Net-juu as my favorite new series, then MahoYome by a few flaws pointed in the topic... Now trying to sink the Mud Whale makes sense why its title, as if an Empire or possible enemy nations arent enough -_-

I'm liking this Children of the Whales: Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau ... a little different... interesting... seen other storylines like it, but it's interesting so far, with only 1 ep left in this cour.
Synopsis
The story focuses on a boy called Chakuro, who lives on the giant vessel called a Mud Whale that drifts over the sea of sand. In the Mud Whale, society is divided into two kinds of people: the Marked, who can move objects with their minds using a strange power called "thymia", at the expense of shortened lifespans, and the Unmarked, people who lack thymia but enjoy longer lifespans. Chakuro and his friends have never seen anyone from the outside world, and they spend their days yearning to explore and learn about it. One day, the Mud Whale encounters a lonely island and Chakuro finds a girl inside, starting an adventure that changes the lives of everyone.

gdpetti said:
I'm liking this Children of the Whales: Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau ... a little different... interesting... seen other storylines like it, but it's interesting so far, with only 1 ep left in this cour.
also the season finale just expanded such world outside their ship island, now that they can sail at will joining a nation... so far better than MahoYome's slow story aside visually, no wonder why netflix got it this Fall (fate apocrypha too);)

I liked that Children of the Whale anime... at least by the end... .that one could've pushed the reveal of what's going on a bit faster as well...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back