Angel Beats!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired

Name: Angel Beats!
Japanese Title: エンジェルビーツ
Producer: P.A. Works x Aniplex x Visual Art's/Key x G's Magazines
Premier: April 2010 Spring 2010 (Moonphase has it listed for spring)
Related Links: ANN
Promo: Youtube
Summary: (ANN)
In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

I know I ever said that girl+sword= win, but I also think the same thing with girl+gun.
wub.gif
The other point is that this is Key is taking part in the production of this anime. (Key is very popular with some famous title such as Air, Clannad, and Kanon). So, I expect this would be a well done anime.

The other thing if you look closely at the main character, Yuri, she will resembles Suzumiya Haruhi a lot!! except with different hair and eyes color. hmm SSS = the new SOS Dan.
blink.gif

Actually the creators of the original light novel are from Key and is one of the main reasons why Key is being involved in this project in the first place.

This anime will only be 13 episodes.
wink.gif

EDIT:

WATEVA.

QUOTE (jul10 @ Nov 04 2009, 10:29 AM)...resembles Suzumiya Haruhi a lot!! except with different hair and eyes color.
I think that might be because she's mimicking Suzumiya's favorite advertising pose. Plus the headband. And a similar serafuku. As well as being paired with a girl that just happens to bear more than a passing resemblance to Nagato.

They could go with the GotoP version, instead...and be Wandaba Style-ish.

@JCD: I am never interested in fighting war or posting war. Sorry, I just don't have time to do it. And I don't care about who creating the thread, I just posting on the anime that interest me, which are 3 animes, aside from this Angel Beats! (cough...not 10 new threads in a day.)
Aside from that, I just double check that this anime will be released for Spring 2010 from Moonphase. So, it is not for April. Beside, I have seen many times "people" posting for anime 1 year before the show is even start, and I don't think its wrong if they want to discuss them.

Anyway, I don't want to make this thread into flaming thread. If you still cannot accept it please pm me.
----------
@Shusui: hmm, how does the other girl similar to Nagato? o_O

Hmmm ..... really. She does look almost Suzumiya ... well extra meanie look version.
biggrin.gif

Anyway since Key is in, I will likely want to see what they going to show this time.

If it says Spring 2010.....it undoubtedly means that its April 2010 especially for this particular anime series.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Hmm.. Something about girl+gun/sword doesn't really appeal to me. Unless its girls+dagger/martial arts would be much better! But since its from KEY, FORGIVABLE!
biggrin.gif
Can't wait for this to premier!
smile.gif

I'm definitely going to check it out since it's by Key, but its strange that they aren't collaborating with KyoAni. Although P.A works seems to be a good animation studio as well. And yes one of the girls does resemble Haruhi quite a lot... I wonder if that is intended or a coincidence?
laugh.gif

It'll even be weirder if she has the personality of haruhi.. Gna take a lot of personality to knock the real haruhi off!

Synopsis
In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

Episodes: 13

This sounds really interesting an I am looking foreword to seeing in in anima just hope not crappy MKV format.

Well, the first episode was supposed to be pretty fun, which it was. Having the "diversionary" squad put on a random rock concert in the cafeteria while the "assault" squad stalls Angel, just so Yuri-ppe can turn on some fans to get lunch tickets... it was quite enjoyable.

The only thing I didn't like was amnesia. Why the hell did there need to be amnesia? So stupid!

I look forward to more 'operations' by the Do-whatever-the-hell-you-want Battlefront.

Ok after seeing the first episode I suddenly get the feeling of this would be something that Haruhi would do in the afterlife if she was given a chance somehow. Anyways this seems to be a rather interesting series.

Well never the less I'm looking forward to the next episode anyways.
tongue.gif

Speaking of Haruhi

s_haruhi.jpg

e41fbf80b1fca20be62d7ef34483c140.jpg

They have similar looks, but people who say they act the same must be on crack.

After all, Haruhi is so spastic that she jumps from one crazy idea to another (baseball, murder mystery, sci-fi game, etc.

Whereas Yuri-ppe is only focused on the fight with Angel. Haruhi could never do that. She's like a 5 year old and gets sucked in by any little thing around her. Not to mention Haruhi would never accept anybody else's suggestion to rename the SOS brigade.

So, looks, I can see slight similarity, but that's where the comparison ends.

Lawl. What? Slight?
laugh.gif
A heavy similarity if we go by looks. Other than that I don't know Yuri too well to say anything else about it.

It certainly seems interesting, and since the first episode is out; I'll be back after watching it.

First episode and this series got of to a good start.
Let's start positive: getting straight into the story by showing Yuri aiming a gun at Angel was an interesting way to get attention. The story seems to show promise with all the questions about why and what is happening (why do i get the feeling he is going to try talking to Angel??). Characters are nice with Yuri being a bit like Haruhi Suzumiya. For me Angel shows the most potential and can be the most interesting until now.
I was a bit sceptical about the amnesia thing. That can become somewhat boring so i do hope they turn that to the advantage of the story.
So a good episode with hopefully an equally or better second episode to come.

The scene make remember the feel of Clannad. Yuri do have same trait with Haruhi, bossy around but at lest she make more sense than Haruhi. I feel much comfortable with her rather than Haruhi.
biggrin.gif

There are bunch of eccentric character here.I was lol when Yuri say there are NPC in there, if there is RPG, RTS or whatsoever I probably take it !!!

100 combos .... make me miss Tomoyo combo !!!
biggrin.gif

It feels a bit like we are watching someone play a game rather than an anime. You know, like a Guild has to kill a certain boss to advance. And they even have NPCs ^^

But what was the point of the operation? Just getting lunch tickets oO

The characters are pretty interesting and I hope we will get to know more about them (how they died and such things).
But what is Yurippe for a name? It reminds me of the word "Gerippe" (german word for Skeleton).

The ep was pretty funny and the whole Group is a funny bunch.
At first I was like the main protagonist, you know like "wth?"
But like other people already have mentioned they could have spared us with amnesia. Except it will play a bigger part later on.

Only bad thing was how Yuri was holding the weapon in the beginning. That was a big "WTF???"-moment.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back