Fairy Tail

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Fairy Tail
Japanese Title: フェアリーテイル
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, MAHOU, Drama, Fantasy
Premier: FALL 2009
Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures and Satelight
Director: ???
Original Creator: Hiro Mashima
Official Website: ???

Plot:

A young sorceress, Lucy Heartfilia, travels to the land of Fiore to join the magical Fairy Tail Guild. Along the way, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a teenage boy looking for a dragon named Igneel. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer. He offers her membership into the guild, which she accepts, and they become a team performing various missions for the Fairy Tail guild.

(~from WIKI~)

My Thoughts:

DAMN.....I haven't read the manga in over a year and I guess I will get back to it after hearing this news. Its gonna be good....hopefully this fall is not going to be too much of a distraction to me.
wink.gif

ohmy.gif
GREAT NEWS!! I've read the manga before and found it to be very addicting, hope the anime will have the same effect, since I'm really behind with the manga....

Omg this is great news.
But I hope this will not end up like Rave Master with horrbible drawings, crap animations and stopping in the middle.

But if they do it good, it will be fantastic.

Whoa too many character designs going on here. O_O

We've got, one piece, bleach, DBZ, death note and probably alot more i havent noticed yet {O_O} (my eyes. OW!)

Story doesnt grasp me at all but aparently this is big news and i might give it try but its not on my "holy hell i must watch this" list.

YES. Its a bout fracking time for this.

The studio is good this time, and I approve of Mashima refusing the offers from Studio Pierrot and other major studios who came to him for FT anime rights.

Official anouncement page from Shounen Jump:

First time we see Happy in colour, or is it just me? :E

Why do I get this feeling it'll end up like some random Shounen Jump series?

Aside from that I'm getting a One Piece dejavu with the characters here. Well in any case let's hope they don't drag the anime on for 20+ years and still not even be halfway through the main plot storyline.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 28 2009, 12:27 AM) Why do I get this feeling it'll end up like some random Shounen Jump series?

Aside from that I'm getting a One Piece dejavu with the characters here. Well in any case let's hope they don't drag the anime on for 20+ years and still not even be halfway through the main plot storyline.
Yes, likewise... especially if they are going to use some of the same voice actors.

First of all, this is not a Shounen Jump series, it's serialized in another weekly magazine. One Piece is not 20+ years old, it's just 10 years old this year
tongue.gif
and it's following the main plot storyline....
and WHYYYYYYY on earth would they use the same voice actors?! lol Come on Blade, there is no way they would do that. Sure the art style is similar, but that's it, the story is completely different and so are the characters.
I'm surprised that there was some negative feedback here on this series being animated, I thought everyone would be as psyched as I was. Well, if you don't check it out, it's your loss.
rolleyes.gif

Same goes here. I always thought Oda and Mashima's style were kinda similar. The difference lies in the facial expressions i.e. reactions/emotions. Oda's style is much more cartoony and wacky.

Well I am going to give it a shot, but I'm kind of warry because of the character design. I mean if it looks like One Piece I just hope it doesn't act like One Piece. By that I mean for them to have the anime drag on for 10+ years and not be 1/4 of the storyline completed.

So I'll keep an eye on this one until it pulls off something like that.

QUOTE (khael @ Jun 28 2009, 04:16 AM) Same goes here. I always thought Oda and Mashima's style were kinda similar. The difference lies in the facial expressions i.e. reactions/emotions. Oda's style is much more cartoony and wacky.
not to mention that Oda goes more for "round-face", while mashima loves to use the "sharp-chins" when character makes an expression

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 28 2009, 10:14 AM)Well I am going to give it a shot, but I'm kind of warry because of the character design. I mean if it looks like One Piece I just hope it doesn't act like One Piece. By that I mean for them to have the anime drag on for 10+ years and not be 1/4 of the storyline completed.

Most of us who have read FT are hoping for a 100+ episode anime with anime-original episodes thar and thar.

This is one of rare cases where Fillers can turn out VERY good, since there's a lot of stuff to expand on, going with the whole guild concept and etc.
smile.gif

I'm actually more worried that they would decide to condense the series and go the anime original route... I'd rather have a long on going anime that follows the manga closely than a short anime original. I say this because, A-1 pictures produced Kuroshitsuji, and I heard it was mostly anime original material. Now I liked most of it, I was quite ignorant while it was airing that it was anime original, but near the end I could kinda tell, because it didn't have the epic ending that I was waiting for. I reaaaaally like the Fairy Tail manga (although I'm quite far behind, I'm at chapter 19 or so... lol) but it was the type of manga that I just couldn't stop reading after I started. So I'm hoping that the anime adaptation will be just as good.

And stop comparing it to One Piece ppl! Srsly! The art style is a little bit similar, but that's about it. It's by a completely different mangaka, and has a different type of story!!

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 28 2009, 09:42 AM) And stop comparing it to One Piece ppl! Srsly! The art style is a little bit similar, but that's about it. It's by a completely different mangaka, and has a different type of story!!
Sounds like someone needs to chill...first thought that popped into my creative mind, was how similar it looked like and reminded me of One Piece...nothing more.
rolleyes.gif
Looking forward to see how good it may or may not be...
wink.gif

@JCD I remember when you started reading this manga way back in the day...was it two years ago? Wowie...guess if I made the time for reading manga, I would have tackled this one...gonna take the lazy route and watch the anime instead...
tongue.gif

Edit: I am claiming the cutie-pie with black hair, Gurei Furubasutā, the Ice Mage. Love that fine tatoo he is seen sporting, on his right upper chest...nice looking...looking forward to seeing him for sure.
wub.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 28 2009, 11:14 AM)Well I am going to give it a shot, but I'm kind of warry because of the character design. I mean if it looks like One Piece I just hope it doesn't act like One Piece. By that I mean for them to have the anime drag on for 10+ years and not be 1/4 of the storyline completed.

Actually, it doesn't really drag on. It's straight to the point and the storyline is pretty interesting. It's pretty exciting and I love the characters! I ESPECIALLY LOVE Erza! She's pretty hawt!
wub.gif
Just to let everyone know, I"M CLAIMING ERZA!

@Anybody: Yeah, you're right about this anime, it's different than One Piece and I kinda like it. I just started reading it yesterday and got up to Chapter 65.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jun 28 2009, 05:38 PM)
Most of us who have read FT are hoping for a 100+ episode anime with anime-original episodes thar and thar.

This is one of rare cases where Fillers can turn out VERY good, since there's a lot of stuff to expand on, going with the whole guild concept and etc.
smile.gif

Yeah we can hope for 100+, thats what id like anyway since the story is good, the characters are great, but i can just see it going in as a 52 episode ish anime which will really disappoint most of us (well manga readers anyway
sad.gif
) Still we can hope, probably find out the episode total closer to release
biggrin.gif

Lol. When i saw this post i decided to read FT again. And i seriously can't wait for it to come out. Yeah i do hope it will be a 52/78 episode series for where the manga is currently up to. Having 2-3 chapters per episode isn't that bad.

But i do hope the studio stays with FT until the manga ends. I'm pretty sure it would be better than Bleach or Naruto.

Only thing that would be better news than FT getting an anime would be a 2nd season of Kenichi.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Teammoney @ Jun 28 2009, 06:41 PM)Actually, it doesn't really drag on. It's straight to the point and the storyline is pretty interesting.

Just finishing catching up with the manga while waiting for the Asura Cryin' 13 sub... and Fairy Tale indeed has a simple yet very captivating tale. As long as the anime version stay true to the story and its spirit, it will be a marvelous adventure. Erza is definitely a respectable swordsmaiden with her skills.

This fall season is going to be a busy one
biggrin.gif
My counter is up to 5 with FT.

OMG!! Can't wait, I love the manga!! Kinda sucks for me though because I want for the manga to get released here in America, I guess I'll have to start reading it online or something so the anime doesn't pass me.

<3 Natsu and Erza omg(Especially Erza ^^).

QUOTE (Bladewind @ Jul 04 2009, 09:28 PM) This fall season is going to be a busy one
biggrin.gif
My counter is up to 5 with FT.
Well, just leave room for yours truly, so we can have some in-depth discussions on all things Fairy Tail and my new crush, Grey-san, the Ice Mage. And I wanna hear as to why you think One Piece and this one, that's up and coming, have much in common. I may give the manga a whirl, if I could position my computer like a book, and relax in bed, and read late into the night...
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back