Sky Girls

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired

スカイガールズ
Sky Girls

Premier:
July 5, 2007
Official Website: Sky Girls
Production: Konami
Genre: Mecha, military, sci-fi
Opening Theme: "Virgin's high" by MELL
Ending Theme: "True Blue" by Goto Saori
Japanese Cast (ANN):
Ayako Kawasumi as Otoha Sakurano
Ayumi Tsuji as Elise von Dietrich
Saori Goto as Karen Sonomiya
Shizuka Itou as Eika Ichijo
Junji Majima as Rei Hizuki
Keiji Fujiwara as Souya Togo
Kishô Taniyama as Ryohei Tachibana
Ryoko Shiraishi as Takumi Hayami
Yui Horie as Nanae Fujieda
Kumiko Higa as Ranko Mikogami
Momoko Ishikawa as Haruko Mikogami
Story synopsis (ANN):
In the near future, Earth is at war with aliens called Worms. The war leaves the population of Earth decimated, with young men the main casualties. The Worms were beaten back but their re-emergence heralds the creation of a mecha unit called the Sonic Divers, piloted by 3 young girls to counter this threat.

Many of you already know the a 1 episode OVA called Sky Girls. Now Konami made the TV series. It seem like this will be alternate re-telling of the OVA.

[Added specific air date]

Still ain't seen the OVA but I know of a TV series for this for ages now....right back in March......when I first started making threads.
rolleyes.gif

Apparently, this anime is gonna be 26 episodes.....I wonder how they are gonna re-tell a 1 episode OVA with that series length.....re-make you sure ??
rolleyes.gif
Ah well, I can't really speak need to see the damn OVA for starters.
laugh.gif

WOW the cast for this show is amazing. LOL Stratos4 repeat anyone? or heck XENOGLOSSIA?
From the artwork, it might just be me, but I think a couple of the characters look like they are from "He is My Master"? Is it the same artist?

There was a serie for this??!!
I seen the ova and liked it I must hunt for the tv serie then O_O

wow a series for sky girls,this is interesting

it seem like there's a new pilot?theres only 3 pilot in the OVA
konami is game making company if im not mistaken is this adaptation of game or something?

Decent anime. It seems we get to meet all three of the characters that were in the OVA in the first episode and two of them have already squared off against each other in flight simulation combat.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mowerman @ Jul 10 2007, 02:33 AM) Decent anime. It seems we get to meet all three of the characters that were in the OVA in the first episode and two of them have already squared off against each other in flight simulation combat.
biggrin.gif

Agreed! I've seen the OVA and a series would be interesting.
smile.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 10 2007, 11:27 AM)The show hasn't even aired yet. Therefore there are no fansubbed releases yet.
There's already a fansub out there, the people I know got it in 5 days, and it's pretty good and the translation reads just like the OVA.
wink.gif

QUOTE (sticks @ Jul 12 2007, 10:14 AM) There's already a fansub out there, the people I know got it in 5 days, and it's pretty good and the translation reads just like the OVA.
wink.gif

Note that I was answering a question that occurred about a month ago
wink.gif

episode 2 of sky girls is out and it was pretty good. i wonder what is wrong with the girl thst pilots the green robot.

Was planning on watching the first two episodes but after the first I decided to save eppy 2 for another day. Honestly it really didn't do much for me. I got the same feeling I got when I watched Rocket Girls and that was mediocore. The animation quality was mediocore the uniqueness of the storyline was mediocore and the comedy was mediocore or less. With all that being said it was just the first episode so I'm not pulling the switch on this one just yet. Let's just say it is on life support...
*Doctor I am barely getting a pulse everyone stand back. clear!!!* XD.

I somehow feel that I'm getting an Idol Master Xenoglossia type feel out of this anime. Maybe because the genres are too close to each other. But I do like this anime over Idol Master probably because of the impression I got from the OVA

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 22 2007, 10:05 PM) I somehow feel that I'm getting an Idol Master Xenoglossia type feel out of this anime. Maybe because the genres are too close to each other. But I do like this anime over Idol Master probably because of the impression I got from the OVA
Hmm don't know Kit I watch Idol Master and I don't think the two are that similar well at least from first impressions of episode one. If you watch Idol Master you know that the idols have hearts and feelings XD. Basically it's a romance between a robot and a teen girl lmao. Well I hope that this anime isn't like that you can only have so many teen X machine romances before the genre becomes a bit cliché XD.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back